6 26.09%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th or Cup

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4th or Cup

Which would you prefer if you could only pick one?
    Cup for me. It's been too long

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cup. It's possible that, rationally speaking, getting 4th is a better platform for next year with revenues and prestige to help improve the squad. However, I just want something to celebrate.

Hopefully we get both though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's a choice then the Cup. I don't think our transfer plans will change irrespective of 4th or 5th place finish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly can't choose.

Obviously it goes without saying losing the final would be a disaster, but I also think a cup win would be soured if we finished 5th, given that is the minimum objective and something Wenger has been all too keen to speak about. Plus we were challenging for the title 5 games ago, so to drop out of the top 4 completely would be pathetic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cup, couldn't care less about finishing 4th, we did for all the previous seasons and the extra funds weren't spent by Wenger anyway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need an option for both, why should it be a choice? Anything less than both is completely unacceptable given the opposition we are up against. Everton and Hull? We should be shitting out and wiping up teams like that.

If we capitulate like we did against Everton then we'll get neither. So the only acceptable option is to find a set of balls and win the cup and qualify for the CL.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think one without the other will be disastrous.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Katy Perry or Kiera Knightely, I know which one I would choose....The one with the big fat revenue streams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont really care about 4th or Champions league, if all we are going to do is qualify for the second round and get knocked out the moment we play a team with 11 football players. We have got 4th every season for almost a decade (peppered with 3rd) and it has provided me ZERO happiness.

I think winning a trophy will be a great springboard for us to go onto better things. FA Cup any day for me. In fact, I'd prefer the Carling cup over 4th place trophy.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    of course we would like both but the question is if we were only to have one. Id go for the cup. I think the ramifications of losing another cup final will be worse for morale and mentaility than a year out of the CL. The only thing we miss out on in the CL in the revenue and i'm sure the club have a contingency if this happens. My only concern for non CL qualification is not attracting the big name players we need to challenge but as someone pointed out, we probably wouldnt spend the money anyway.

We need that monkey off the back....