PDA

View Full Version : Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Master Splinter
09-08-2011, 04:49 PM
The Ryu dude wont play a game for us so wouldnt count him tbh

Wenger wanted him to part of the first team, even before the work permit was official.

I suspect you will continue your hilarious references to him being here just for Asian marketing purposes throughout the season, however successful he is.

I look forward to being unsurprised.

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Wenger wanted him to part of the first team, even before the work permit was official.

I suspect you will continue your hilarious references to him being here just for Asian marketing purposes throughout the season, however successful he is.

I look forward to being unsurprised.

Why else would he be here?

Hes young and shit which makes the marketing money the only reason we've got him.

Its happened before with Inamoto. Or are you going to deny that happened and continue this needless pointless boring campaign against me?

Joker
09-08-2011, 04:51 PM
You guys are probably right, I think Theo's going to be used more frequently as a striker this season. If so, he needs to work on his hold up play because that's an area of his game that's still weak. However, having a bit of pace up front may enable us to mix our game up a bit, and play a more direct style when necessary. Van Persie drops off too deep at times, which closes off options for the midfield (not that the midfield was up to much last season anyway apart from Wilshere) and makes our game predictable and sluggish.

alexander
09-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Why else would he be here?

Hes young and shit which makes the marketing money the only reason we've got him.

Its happened before with Inamoto. Or are you going to deny that happened and continue this needless pointless boring campaign against me?

from what i have seen he is really not shit, far from it.

Marc Overmars
09-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Looks good on paper with this new abundance of pace, god knows we needed it last season with all the predictable and laboured build up play.

Hopefully players like Ryu, Gervinho and Oxo are played to their strengths.

Dog Toffee
09-08-2011, 05:55 PM
I doubt that one winger equates to three signings, even in the Arsenal PR Handbook.

They said they're still looking for defenders and so there's still a good chance we'll get one in, relax a little.

Gervinho, Jenkinson and Oxo. 3 singings.

But why spend £12m on a player who wont be ready for a season or two (no matter how amazing he 'might' be) when A. we have loads of winger/attackers B. If Wenger doesnt win anything for those years he'l be either sacked or incredibly unpopular. C. Wengers going to have to leave sooner or later (hes 60 something), surely the priority should not be on future prospects, but on quality now, to rescue his diminishing reputation.

My only guess as to why he's bought this player is: Wenger thinks he's going to live forever, Oxo is second only to God, Wengers finally got Altzeimers.

gunsofashburtongrove
09-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Saw AOC's interview where he stated that he always been a central midfielder through the youth ranks. At S'ton he was asked to play on the flank and he gladly obliged. He goe on to say that he likes passing and scoring etc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3Owox8v94A

Power n Glory
09-08-2011, 06:08 PM
Saw AOC's interview where he stated that he always been a central midfielder through the youth ranks. At S'ton he was asked to play on the flank and he gladly obliged. He goe on to say that he likes passing and scoring etc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3Owox8v94A

We won't get the best out of him on the wing if his passing ability is better than his dribbling skills. Another square peg in a round hole from the sound of it. It may take him a few sessions to adjust and he's not a first team starter either.

Darth Vela
09-08-2011, 06:08 PM

But why spend £12m on a player who wont be ready for a season or two (no matter how amazing he 'might' be) when A. we have loads of winger/attackers B. If Wenger doesnt win anything for those years he'l be either sacked or incredibly unpopular. C. Wengers going to have to leave sooner or later (hes 60 something), surely the priority should not be on future prospects, but on quality now, to rescue his diminishing reputation.

My only guess as to why he's bought this player is: Wenger thinks he's going to live forever, Oxo is second only to God, Wengers finally got Altzeimers.

The comments from Gazidis and Dein about 2 or 3 more signings were all after Gervinho and Jenkinson, by my reckoning anyway.

Incidentally, we didn't have that many wingers, we had strikers and AMs playing out wide, but very few wingers. I don't think he's ever going to compromise the policy we have in place to keep up with the sugar daddied clubs, he's added someone for the now in Gervinho but even raw and inexperienced talent can make the difference as impact subs and squad players, especially when they're a *little* different, look at what Rieira did for Liverpool whilst actually being fairly shit overall.

Özim
09-08-2011, 06:32 PM
We definitely need some new signings in defence (would have liked a striker as well though), but at least it's good we seem to have added more pace we badly needed.

The question is how much will Oxo play, if he's treated like Walcott was we might barely see him which would be shame.

From what I've seen of Oxo though he's a decent player, seems a much more natural talent than Walcott.

AKBapologist
09-08-2011, 06:32 PM

Though if SAF got him (he was after him for a while) - we'd all be whining about it.

I for one welcome our ox-tailed Theo wanna be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsqQZyhVCM4

Niall_Quinn
09-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Being tackled is one of his career highlights so far? I feel sorry for these guys coming in, Wenger is asking them to hit the ground running and unless they play out of their skins they are going to be under constant pressure as the fans think about what could have been if we'd signed some battle ready players.

Power n Glory
09-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Though if SAF got him (he was after him for a while) - we'd all be whining about it.

I for one welcome our ox-tailed Theo wanna be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsqQZyhVCM4

Looks strong, has a bit of pace, but the dribbling looks a bit loose to me. Like Theo, he depends on his pace to knock it past defenders and run but he won't get that much space in the Prem.

We'll soon see, but I can't see where this kid fits in to be honest. He's not a starter that's for sure and £12 - £15m for a bench player is pretty expensive. Theo, Arshavin and Gervinho will be our main wingers, Whilshere, Song and Ramsey will probably start if we lose Cesc and Nasri this season...so where does this kid play?

We've got him and he looks decent, but we have to sign first team calibre players before the window shuts. This kid will need a season before he's fully ready for the Prem. Hopefully, that's not the case and he blows everyone away and is starting straight off the bat, but I doubt it.

Kano
09-08-2011, 06:46 PM
something tells me he's going to convert the lad into a striker.

AKBapologist
09-08-2011, 06:49 PM
@IgnasiMiquel: And for all the questions, I will not say I want to go back to barcelona when I am 24, I owe nothing to them.
I'll hold you to that motherfucker.

Master Splinter
09-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Stoke have signed Upson.

Hope he plays against us.

West Brom have signed Shane Long:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14468822.stm

I think Woy can lead them to European football.

Kano
09-08-2011, 06:53 PM
I'll hold you to that motherfucker.

think that says quite a lot about the mood of the players when it comes to the cesc saga

Master Splinter
09-08-2011, 06:54 PM
They might refuse Miquel re-entry into Spain on account of his dodgy accent anyway.

GunnerFan4Life
09-08-2011, 07:03 PM
@cesc4official look at what @IgnasiMiquel said on his twitter page. You should remmeber that about barca. We took you when they didint.

:lol:

Ironing
09-08-2011, 07:17 PM
shit is fake

Kaiser
09-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Pretty much.

GunnerFan4Life
09-08-2011, 07:31 PM
I thought that miquel account looks fake...still tho. it be LOLZ.

KSE Comedy Club
09-08-2011, 11:00 PM
I hope to fuck were going back to 4-4-2 this season with all these pacy attacking wingers weve got now.

:pray:

AKBapologist
09-08-2011, 11:03 PM
I hope to fuck were going back to 4-4-2 this season with all these pacy attacking wingers weve got now.

:pray:
:facepalm:
http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=552&p=25155#post25155

KSE Comedy Club
09-08-2011, 11:19 PM
:facepalm:
http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=552&p=25155#post25155

:coffee:

Ralpheroo72
09-08-2011, 11:36 PM
Would be good if Chakmakhan was History

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/chamakh-believes-nasri-and-fabregas-are-history-2334824.html?

Cripps_orig
10-08-2011, 12:28 AM
Arshavin linked with some Russian pub team

gunsofashburtongrove
10-08-2011, 05:17 AM
Don't think we will go back to 4-4-2, because we don't even have 2 box to box midfielders who can do the job, the reason why we went to 4-3-3 or whatever variation. Wenger looks like he is infusing some competitiveness into the team by promoting some of the youngsters and buying some. They might take a while to play at their best, but from we know we'll get industry from Jenko,Afobe,Frimpong and Ryo am expecting the same from AOC. I'am not expecting these guys to be match winners, and they will make mistakes, but i think their industry and energy will hopefully spur the first team sulks to better performances. I think Joel Campbell looks a possibility too. Buy a CB sell all everyone who wants out and we'll have a decent season. I'am hoping is that we might have some pace and directness in the team to get the counter attacks going with all the additions.

fakeyank
10-08-2011, 06:19 AM
Don't think we will go back to 4-4-2, because we don't even have 2 box to box midfielders who can do the job, the reason why we went to 4-3-3 or whatever variation. Wenger looks like he is infusing some competitiveness into the team by promoting some of the youngsters and buying some. They might take a while to play at their best, but from we know we'll get industry from Jenko,Afobe,Frimpong and Ryo am expecting the same from AOC. I'am not expecting these guys to be match winners, and they will make mistakes, but i think their industry and energy will hopefully spur the first team sulks to better performances. I think Joel Campbell looks a possibility too. Buy a CB sell all everyone who wants out and we'll have a decent season. I'am hoping is that we might have some pace and directness in the team to get the counter attacks going with all the additions.

Define decent season.. 4th?

Japan Shaking All Over
10-08-2011, 06:45 AM

anything better and we could see a reaction that makes the riots on the streets look tame!

seriously bringing in the youngsters to provide a spark and the prospect of more pace is all fair and well but if we dont address the defence in the next few days then I would say our summer building has flopped, I know that we would still have a week or so to go after Saturday but surely our first line up of the season needs to show our intent.

we need to

1) get 1 or 2 CBS
2) in the case of 2 - move a fit Verm to LB - Gibbs can get the back up
3) get rid of Nic - he has said just as much so what are we waiting for? (someone desperate enough to take him on)
4) get rid of Eboue - what are we waiting for - fuck knows
5) have Wenger get a grip
5) address a touchy subject - but for all the arguments I know not which way to turn, get shod of 1 or both - I lean towards both that that would leave us seriously unstable - but surely we are equally as unstable with them staying - the mental strength of the squad is fragile enough as it is and this is where we need Wenger to lead most. If we get rid of one I say Nasri goes, fuck it if he goes to Citeh then so be it, cant stand the up in the air feeling anymore. We have players to play his position but we still dont have that replacement for Cesc and if Barcunt dont want to pay the asking price then they can FO. We showed many times that we can win without Cesc over the last few seasons so if he wants to sulk then the bench is waiting for him. Sell him next year if Barca are still interested.
6) seriouly look at a striker - money for Nasri would pay for Benzama
7) get a back up in the midfield - not sure who that could be - the Mata rumour looks to have died but there still could be some life in it - (Barton is a cunt but he is one that can play so would not make me shoot myself in the head if we did get him - just my opinion!)
8) take some risks - whether it is by breaking a transfer record or cashing in a player who we thought we were building our future around - he who dares wins and I think we dont win both on the field and other because we refuse to dare - another 5 million - fuck it pay it - after all it was the player we wanted wasn't. We need to show serious intent to be taken seriously. ManU and Chelsea do it and have succeeded, Citeh are doing it and look like they could succeed. Liverpool do it and...........(to be fair look better on paper) - we can do but refuse to, there is nothing wrong with being careful but it is not paying off

We are not far off being a good team, we might have to take some losses first but what we want is within our grasp

BTW please feel free to add to the list those are some things I thought of while waiting to start a meeting - didn't add 9) sack Wenger

......cos I'm not at that stage yet

gunsofashburtongrove
10-08-2011, 07:53 AM
I will take 4th place + CC. But more importantly honest performances from the team. I don't mind 4th place if they fight for it and lose, also looking for some of the youngsters to show that they belong here.

Marc Overmars
10-08-2011, 08:14 AM
Heard on SSN that Sneijder has apparently indicated he wants to join United?

Well that sucks the big one.

Kaiser
10-08-2011, 08:37 AM
Eto'o signing for Russian side Anzhi Makdkldslslgslgk460-1lkvslka. Fee around €40m. Wages £338,000 a week before 13% tax. He stands to make around £17.6m a year on a 4 year contract.

He'll probably last about 6 months given the number of racist fucks over there.

Flavs
10-08-2011, 09:21 AM

Just one more cock in the shop tbh.

Flavs
10-08-2011, 09:27 AM
anything better and we could see a reaction that makes the riots on the streets look tame!

seriously bringing in the youngsters to provide a spark and the prospect of more pace is all fair and well but if we dont address the defence in the next few days then I would say our summer building has flopped, I know that we would still have a week or so to go after Saturday but surely our first line up of the season needs to show our intent.

we need to

1) get 1 or 2 CBS
2) in the case of 2 - move a fit Verm to LB - Gibbs can get the back up
3) get rid of Nic - he has said just as much so what are we waiting for? (someone desperate enough to take him on)
4) get rid of Eboue - what are we waiting for - fuck knows
5) have Wenger get a grip
5) address a touchy subject - but for all the arguments I know not which way to turn, get shod of 1 or both - I lean towards both that that would leave us seriously unstable - but surely we are equally as unstable with them staying - the mental strength of the squad is fragile enough as it is and this is where we need Wenger to lead most. If we get rid of one I say Nasri goes, fuck it if he goes to Citeh then so be it, cant stand the up in the air feeling anymore. We have players to play his position but we still dont have that replacement for Cesc and if Barcunt dont want to pay the asking price then they can FO. We showed many times that we can win without Cesc over the last few seasons so if he wants to sulk then the bench is waiting for him. Sell him next year if Barca are still interested.
6) seriouly look at a striker - money for Nasri would pay for Benzama
7) get a back up in the midfield - not sure who that could be - the Mata rumour looks to have died but there still could be some life in it - (Barton is a cunt but he is one that can play so would not make me shoot myself in the head if we did get him - just my opinion!)
8) take some risks - whether it is by breaking a transfer record or cashing in a player who we thought we were building our future around - he who dares wins and I think we dont win both on the field and other because we refuse to dare - another 5 million - fuck it pay it - after all it was the player we wanted wasn't. We need to show serious intent to be taken seriously. ManU and Chelsea do it and have succeeded, Citeh are doing it and look like they could succeed. Liverpool do it and...........(to be fair look better on paper) - we can do but refuse to, there is nothing wrong with being careful but it is not paying off

We are not far off being a good team, we might have to take some losses first but what we want is within our grasp

BTW please feel free to add to the list those are some things I thought of while waiting to start a meeting - didn't add 9) sack Wenger

......cos I'm not at that stage yet

problem is that we and all else can only name 25 man squads so we have to get rid before we can bring in. The last thing we want is players like Bendtner and Eboue unregistered in the reserves but still on 30-60k a week wages. We cant afford that as a club hence the hesitation IMO.

Most prem teams have already filled their 25 which means they, like us, have to get rid before bringing in. Had we got our finger out over the summer like the other big clubs then we could have all this done by now and be training and working as the official frist team squad rather than having 5 or 6 players who are here but might not be tomorrow or the next day. Its yet another failure that hasn't been acknowledged but simply painted over by the PR machine.

AKBapologist
10-08-2011, 09:49 AM
http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=408

Olivier's xmas twist
10-08-2011, 10:31 AM

Nah He's going City tbh

Olivier's xmas twist
10-08-2011, 10:33 AM
Would be good if Chakmakhan was History

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/chamakh-believes-nasri-and-fabregas-are-history-2334824.html?

Sly sports have this story now. Chamakh needs To worry less about Cesc and More about how to score the muppet. Though after these comments would not be suprised if he is benched or sold.

Darth Vela
10-08-2011, 10:36 AM
He's already benched, doubt he'll get sold just for saying something like that, after all it IS what it looks like.

LDG
10-08-2011, 10:41 AM
He isn't saying anything that isn't true. Fair play to the geezer. Someone at the club needs to admit it.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-08-2011, 10:43 AM
He's already benched, doubt he'll get sold just for saying something like that, after all it IS what it looks like.

Yeah its True but We know AW would not want to here it, we know how much we wants to keep the 2 players. Its Just shows how much unrest we have at the club, when our players can see there is a problem.

Niall_Quinn
10-08-2011, 10:51 AM

Maybe he could get sold for being a shit player then.

Cripps_orig
10-08-2011, 11:25 AM
Chamakh :bow:Has impressed on and off the pitch.

Power n Glory
10-08-2011, 11:37 AM
He isn't saying anything that isn't true. Fair play to the geezer. Someone at the club needs to admit it.

Well, at least he’s shown some intelligence. How can a club like Arsenal allow Nasri to get down to his last year in contract?

Like the fans, I’m sure the players are uneasy and perplexed by the way we’re conducting business. It’s head scratching stuff. Like, how can we allow this sort of situation? Also we should be sorting out Walcott and RVP’s contracts now, otherwise we’ll find ourselves in the same position come Christmas.

Kano
10-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Well, at least he’s shown some intelligence. How can a club like Arsenal allow Nasri to get down to his last year in contract?

probably like how many other clubs have been in the same position to. it happens on occasion.

i'm sure chelsea would've liked to get some money for anelka too

Japan Shaking All Over
10-08-2011, 12:00 PM
problem is that we and all else can only name 25 man squads so we have to get rid before we can bring in. The last thing we want is players like Bendtner and Eboue unregistered in the reserves but still on 30-60k a week wages. We cant afford that as a club hence the hesitation IMO.

Most prem teams have already filled their 25 which means they, like us, have to get rid before bringing in. Had we got our finger out over the summer like the other big clubs then we could have all this done by now and be training and working as the official frist team squad rather than having 5 or 6 players who are here but might not be tomorrow or the next day. Its yet another failure that hasn't been acknowledged but simply painted over by the PR machine.

good point bout squad, really seems our fate is in the hands of others but like I said its time for us to force those hands because its nothing bit detrimental to the cause, if there is even such a thing!

Japan Shaking All Over
10-08-2011, 12:18 PM

Looks like it. . . bit gutted, not because I thought we had a hope on hell of getting him but because Utd seem to be showing all how to get deals done, dont seem to be get ting in a fluster about the price of a pint. . . .different league but where will Wes fit in?

Marc Overmars
10-08-2011, 12:19 PM
Looks like it. . . bit gutted, not because I thought we had a hope on hell of getting him but because Utd seem to be showing all how to get deals done, dont seem to be get ting in a fluster about the price of a pint. . . .different league but where will Wes fit in?

He's better than anything they have in CM by a mile, he'll fit in easily.

Niall_Quinn
10-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Chamakh :bow:Has impressed on and off the pitch.

Fantasy island.

Niall_Quinn
10-08-2011, 12:38 PM

Like the fans, I’m sure the players are uneasy and perplexed by the way we’re conducting business. It’s head scratching stuff. Like, how can we allow this sort of situation? Also we should be sorting out Walcott and RVP’s contracts now, otherwise we’ll find ourselves in the same position come Christmas.

As time passes Nasri looks like a bigger and bigger cunt. We've offered him the contract, he won't sign it. It's all about greed with this cunt even though he tries to come across as the black and white straight talker. He's anything but. I fucking hate ugly lesbians.

Obviously tasty lesbians are okay.

Power n Glory
10-08-2011, 12:44 PM
probably like how many other clubs have been in the same position to. it happens on occasion.

i'm sure chelsea would've liked to get some money for anelka too

Anelka is passed 30, passed his peak and not their main player or someone built up to be a future star player. There is a big difference.

You've been defending this point from day one as if the club and Wenger haven't made a mistake. As if we haven't been down this road before with other players. They really should know better even if it does happen with other clubs. Burnt once, you should learn your lesson, right?

I said months ago when this all started that we should have tied him down when he had two years left on his contract and a whole host of excuses came out, exempting the Wenger from blame and saying he's not responsible for contracts...etc.

Months later, we find out that Wenger has made a 'technical decision' which overrules the board and has decided to keep Nasri even if we lose him on a free. If Wenger has no say on player contracts, then how comes he's able to make such a decision?

It was silly to let him get past two years on his deal and Wenger came out and slung mud at Manure for allowing Rooney to get past the two year period on his contract when they we're having problems. Low and behold we find ourselves in the similar position. He should know better because he spoke on the dangers of allowing a player to get past two years of his contract. Was that all hot air?

Power n Glory
10-08-2011, 01:00 PM
As time passes Nasri looks like a bigger and bigger cunt. We've offered him the contract, he won't sign it. It's all about greed with this cunt even though he tries to come across as the black and white straight talker. He's anything but. I fucking hate ugly lesbians.

Obviously tasty lesbians are okay.

You may think it's greed, but I don't. If I worked for a stingy company that were so tight with their money they refused buy new equipment for the office even though it would benefit us, I'd be questioning the management and their ambition. Staying at such a place for 5 - 8 years wouldn't be a part of my plan. If we all think these sort of things about Arsenal, the club we've all been supporting for most of our lives, what do you think the players are thinking and they've only been with us for 3/4 seasons?

Olivier's xmas twist
10-08-2011, 01:11 PM

Well its easy for them to get him, no one was fighting for him and UTD knew the price they could pay Inter won't raise it to silly amounts and i suppose The mancs can give hima good contract tbh.

But if city come in with a bigger offer he is going there. Money talks.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Arshavin linked with some Russian pub team

Andrey Arshavin has ruled out moves to Real Madrid and Anzhi Makhachkala and pledged his future to Arsenal.

The 30-year-old failed to display his best form for Arsenal last season and has just one year remaining on his present deal.

He has held talks with the Gunners board over a 12-month extension but as yet, a deal has not been concluded.

Rumours have been circulating that the diminutive playmaker could be heading for Real Madrid, but he has steadfastly rejected that rumour.

Invented
"They are things invented on the internet," he told the Evening Standard.

"More than one time I have said that this season I will play in Arsenal colours. I would not play for Real Madrid for all the money in the world.

"For me, Real is a complete taboo because I'm an admirer of Barcelona."The Russia captain has also been linked a move back to his homeland with ambitious Makhachkala.

They were taken over by Russian billionaire Suleyman Kerimov in January, and are now trying to attract some of Europe's stellar names to their project.

Approached
Inter Milan's Samuel Eto'o has been approached about signing for the club and Arshavin also has been linked.

But he stresses they would be wasting their time if they contacted him.

He told Sport Express newspaper: "I've already said, and can only repeat, that this season I will be at Arsenal.

"I haven't received any proposals from Makhachkala. I have not had any contact with the club or its representatives."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7091429,00.html

Here we go again

Kano
10-08-2011, 02:01 PM
Anelka is passed 30, passed his peak and not their main player or someone built up to be a future star player. There is a big difference.

You've been defending this point from day one as if the club and Wenger haven't made a mistake. As if we haven't been down this road before with other players. They really should know better even if it does happen with other clubs. Burnt once, you should learn your lesson, right?

if it was a regular occurrence then sure, i'd hammer the manager. but it isn't. things like this happen occasionally.

Niall_Quinn
10-08-2011, 02:14 PM
You may think it's greed, but I don't. If I worked for a stingy company that were so tight with their money they refused buy new equipment for the office even though it would benefit us, I'd be questioning the management and their ambition. Staying at such a place for 5 - 8 years wouldn't be a part of my plan. If we all think these sort of things about Arsenal, the club we've all been supporting for most of our lives, what do you think the players are thinking and they've only been with us for 3/4 seasons?

I hear what you're saying but he's not working for WHSmith, he's a first team player at Arsenal. In the ideal world that means he has a responsibility to himself, the club AND the fans. I know that's not how it works any more, but that's what I mean when I call him a greedy cunt. Greedy not just for the money but for everything that's good for Samir Nasri and fuck it if the club gets hurt in the process. The greedy, greedy, greedy, greedy cunt could sign a two year deal with a buyout clause, instead he's happy to do the year and fuck us over at the end of it. Big fat signing on bonus for him and higher wages. Yeah sure, it's frustrating for all of us, players and fans alike, that Wenger and the board are so up their own arseholes. But we don't fuck off and support the spuds do we? Or worse, slash the team bus tyres before we go. Plus he's ugly. Rest my case.

Fist of Lehmann
10-08-2011, 04:01 PM
if it was a regular occurrence then sure, i'd hammer the manager. but it isn't. things like this happen occasionally.
Cahill has 1 year left, or so we're constantly told.

IT tends to support your theory that such things happen occasionally.

Fats
10-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Good then we can get him on a free next season to make us all feel better that Van Persie wants out

Power n Glory
10-08-2011, 07:14 PM
I hear what you're saying but he's not working for WHSmith, he's a first team player at Arsenal. In the ideal world that means he has a responsibility to himself, the club AND the fans. I know that's not how it works any more, but that's what I mean when I call him a greedy cunt. Greedy not just for the money but for everything that's good for Samir Nasri and fuck it if the club gets hurt in the process. The greedy, greedy, greedy, greedy cunt could sign a two year deal with a buyout clause, instead he's happy to do the year and fuck us over at the end of it. Big fat signing on bonus for him and higher wages. Yeah sure, it's frustrating for all of us, players and fans alike, that Wenger and the board are so up their own arseholes. But we don't fuck off and support the spuds do we? Or worse, slash the team bus tyres before we go. Plus he's ugly. Rest my case.

I hear your point about us being stiffed. But if Man City are willing to pay £25m, it's not that bad. I'm 50/50 with Nasri. I see potential but also see a cowardly scumbag, but that's just talking about his performances on the pitch. But I can understand him wanting to leave this club. For some reason we can't hold on to our players and I also think Wenger will exploit a players loyalty and feed them that 'give me more time' jive.

Edinburgh Gooner
10-08-2011, 07:18 PM
£25mil for Nasri is good business now as I believe that he his head is not with the club anymore. If we get the full amount up front along with £25mil we'll be getting up front for Cesc we'll be able to get in a quality defender and hopefully cough up the extra for Mata. I doubt Wenger will be looking at a keeper, if he was in the hunt for one I reckon we'd have had him in for pre season.

AKBapologist
10-08-2011, 07:20 PM
http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/08/vela-open-to-new-loan-move/

Niall_Quinn
10-08-2011, 07:35 PM
I hear your point about us being stiffed. But if Man City are willing to pay £25m, it's not that bad. I'm 50/50 with Nasri. I see potential but also see a cowardly scumbag, but that's just talking about his performances on the pitch. But I can understand him wanting to leave this club. For some reason we can't hold on to our players and I also think Wenger will exploit a players loyalty and feed them that 'give me more time' jive.

I particularly don't like Nasri because he's played the straight shooter, telling it like it is, blah, blah, blah, when in reality he's a maggot. At least with Adebyewhore and cashley you know where you stand. Anyway, sell the prick and get as much for him as possible. Agreed. My worry is if City offer £25mill Wenger will cave by default and insist on £20mill. Not sure why City doesn't give as a couple of hundred mill for our whole team tbh. Get it over and done with.

AKBapologist
10-08-2011, 11:59 PM
@younggunsblog: Denílson sent off again for São Paulo tonight. That's two red cards in three matches since his return to Brazil. Unreal.
@younggunsblog: Denílson sent off for swearing whilst on a yellow last week, two yellows in two minutes tonight. What's happened to him?

Master Splinter
11-08-2011, 02:18 AM
@younggunsblog: Denílson sent off again for São Paulo tonight. That's two red cards in three matches since his return to Brazil. Unreal.
@younggunsblog: Denílson sent off for swearing whilst on a yellow last week, two yellows in two minutes tonight. What's happened to him?

None of that is rumour or bollocks tbh.

Toronto Gooner
11-08-2011, 02:25 AM
I would have to question the source of this tweet. A check of Soccernet and a couple of other sites shows that Sao Paulo did not play this evening. Their last game was on Monday, and Denilson did not even pick up a yellow.

Keith
11-08-2011, 07:22 AM
This forward is available on the cheap, why aren't we in for him?

Emmanuel Adebayor Man C, £1m

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2011, 09:20 AM
SSN say we're in 'preliminary talks' with Birmingham about Scott Dann.

Another GHEL. :bow:

milla
11-08-2011, 09:27 AM

I am totally against this buy, Scott Dann is left side CB. We already have two in TV5 and Kos, why the feck are in for another one? Get Cahill FFS. :coffee:

server too busy!
11-08-2011, 09:28 AM
God no, get fucking Cahill. Wasn't Dann the one that conceded 6 in a reserve game recently and was out for most of last season?

Joker
11-08-2011, 09:28 AM

Would have preferred Cahill tbh, he looks technically better. I know that the primary role of a defender must be defending obviously, and at Arsenal we are in desperate need of a strong, no nonsense defender who will clear his lines and is powerful in the air. But at the same time, given the way we play, we need our defenders to be able to play from the back, and Cahill (who used to be a midfielder I think) is more able to fit into that style IMO.

Having said that, I won't complain if we get Dann. He would be an improvement on the knobs that we currently have playing at the back.

Marc Overmars
11-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Our ever increasing GHEL brigade. :bow:

LDG
11-08-2011, 09:32 AM
FFS.

Stop pissing about Arsene.

Fed up with these risks on key positions just because you don't want to spend some fucking money.

It's Cahill or nobody for me.

KSE Comedy Club
11-08-2011, 09:32 AM
Yep fucking unbelievable isnt it.

Were linked with Cahill, Samba, put a bid in for Jagielka, etc

Then were in talks to sign Scott fucking Dann who is shit and helped get Birmingham relegated last season.

But then he is in the championship and probably cheaper than anyone decent. If they think this is the type of CB that will keep the fans happy then they really dont know shit.

Pathetic.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2011, 09:35 AM
In fairness, he was injured in January last season and didn't play again after that. Bit harsh to say he helped them get relegated, it's fairer to say he helped them win a trophy.

KSE Comedy Club
11-08-2011, 09:36 AM
God no, get fucking Cahill. Wasn't Dann the one that conceded 6 in a reserve game recently and was out for most of last season?

We went to watch Dann in a reserve game the other night against spurs' youth squad and Birmingham lost 3-1.

Marc Overmars
11-08-2011, 09:36 AM
Not fair to say he played a part in their relegation. He was injured in January and they actually slipped down the table without him.

Japan Shaking All Over
11-08-2011, 09:39 AM
As it looks like we could be on for a bit of money

Cahill first then go for another, cant see 2 double figure mil buys coming in at the same time so Dann could be the second (tell me hes not going for more than 10 mil!)

Would have helped of Wenger had kist bought Samba on Jan tbh

Marc Overmars
11-08-2011, 09:42 AM
We should still be after a left back as well IMO.

KSE Comedy Club
11-08-2011, 09:43 AM
Well, ok, fair enough about the relegation.

He still isnt the CB we need. Cahill, Samba and Jageilka are all better than Dann, but they all cost more than £2.50.

Same old story. Always going for the cheapest option rather than the safest / sensible one.

Niall_Quinn
11-08-2011, 09:46 AM
FFS.

Stop pissing about Arsene.

Fed up with these risks on key positions just because you don't want to spend some fucking money.

It's Cahill or nobody for me.

Absolutely. Cahill and Samba should have been done and dusted by now and they should both be lining up to start this weekend. But Wenker lacks a little bit sharpness in the mental department, he's fucking up our season again. I also read we could be receiving as little as £18.5mill for Fabregas with the rest made up from savings on his contract and future payments depending on the cuntalans winning trophies. Let's hope his hamstring holds out or we'll have just sold our captain for less than Everton are asking for Jagielka. Wenker is the biggest fuck up of a manager in the PL. He's proving it again. Just look at how weak the squad is going to be by Saturday. I suppose he said there would be major changes, nobody guessed it would be negative but we should have known.

I_Killed_Kenny
11-08-2011, 09:46 AM
doesnt necessarily mean we wont sign another CB if Dann joins. he may switch verm to LB and still get a cahill or samba.

Kano
11-08-2011, 09:47 AM
Yep fucking unbelievable isnt it.

Were linked with Cahill, Samba, put a bid in for Jagielka, etc

Then were in talks to sign Scott fucking Dann who is shit and helped get Birmingham relegated last season.

But then he is in the championship and probably cheaper than anyone decent. If they think this is the type of CB that will keep the fans happy then they really dont know shit.

Pathetic.

birmingham had a decent defence last season, in fact only let in two more than bolton. it was lack of goals that killed em

Niall_Quinn
11-08-2011, 09:47 AM
We should still be after a left back as well IMO.

Of course we should because otherwise Traore will play the majority of games this season, unless of course Wenker does his usual trick by playing somebody out of position. Greedy, greedy cunts in the boardroom.

Joker
11-08-2011, 09:50 AM
Of course we should because otherwise Traore will play the majority of games this season, unless of course Wenker does his usual trick by playing somebody out of position. Greedy, greedy cunts in the boardroom.

I'm sure we won't be buying a left back tbh. I think Gibbs has promise, but he's still defensively naive and I don't think we can rely on him for the entire season. Traore is a bombscare who doesn't know the first thing about defending. We can't go into the season with only these two options at left back.

But Wenger has already shown almost criminal negligence in the way he has ignored the weaknesses of our squad, so I don't expect him to address the problems at left back either.

Niall_Quinn
11-08-2011, 09:55 AM
I'm sure we won't be buying a left back tbh. I think Gibbs has promise, but he's still defensively naive and I don't think we can rely on him for the entire season. Traore is a bombscare who doesn't know the first thing about defending. We can't go into the season with only these two options at left back.

But Wenger has already shown almost criminal negligence in the way he has ignored the weaknesses of our squad, so I don't expect him to address the problems at left back either.

Apparently we can move TV to LB and Arshavin into the middle, it will be like two new signings.

LDG
11-08-2011, 09:56 AM
I am preparing my shit for Wengers letterbox.

Letters
11-08-2011, 10:03 AM
I am preparing my shit for Wengers letterbox.

2 GHEL's one Cup?

LDG
11-08-2011, 10:04 AM
2 GHEL's one Cup?

:haha:

Aaron Wilshere
11-08-2011, 10:04 AM
If Wenger is to have any chance of appeasing the fans, both Cesc and Nasri will need to be replaced by talent from outside the club and not promoted from within. Mata seems certain to replace Cesc - go for broke and bring in Hazard to replace Nasri.

This is an opportunity to rebuild the team - I live in hope that Arsene takes it.

Just signing Mata will not be enough - Ramsey/ Wilshere not ready to shoulder the creative burden.

Wenger has to get this right or this could well be his last season.

KSE Comedy Club
11-08-2011, 10:08 AM
birmingham had a decent defence last season, in fact only let in two more than bolton. it was lack of goals that killed em

So what?

Dann still isnt better than any of the above and isnt who we should be looking to sign.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2011, 10:10 AM
So what?

Dann still isnt better than any of the above and isnt who we should be looking to sign.

I would say they're all at pretty much the same level.

Kano
11-08-2011, 10:10 AM
So what?

.....so he's a good player? that's what.

a season ago, before all the media hooked in, i bet you wouldnt have wanted samba, cahill or jag

AKBapologist
11-08-2011, 10:16 AM

a season ago, before all the media hooked in, i bet you wouldnt have wanted samba, cahill or jag
Pretty much this. Fans have gotten a bit fixated on a few names and have made their mind up on who to get.

Mata is 70% not coming, cahill is 50/50 and if he did come it would be on the last day of the season after failing to secure dann.

But I think we can all agree AW has totally fucked up this summer.

LDG
11-08-2011, 10:17 AM

Actually wanted Jag about three years ago before he got his England call up.

KSE Comedy Club
11-08-2011, 10:18 AM

Ive always rated Cahill higher than any of the others, we should be trying to sign him over anyone else.

Kano
11-08-2011, 10:24 AM
Ive always rated Cahill higher than any of the others, we should be trying to sign him over anyone else.

going by stats alone, he seems to be an improvement on our current lot

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
11-08-2011, 10:31 AM
seems like its gonna be dann as our cb.

that means jenkinson (lb/rb cover), gervinho (striker), oxo (winger) and dann (cb) all in. and it seems eboue, bender, almunia and denilson all out.

would be a very good summer if we can tie up dann and let some of that shit leave.

Darth Vela
11-08-2011, 10:32 AM
Frankly, Dann is the right kind of player and that can make all the difference, like Rieira giving Liverpool enough width to challenge for the title despite being a bit shit, Dann would give us commitment, physicality and a bit more bite and that is what we need. Having said that, I'd rather get someone better and this move would stench of penny-pinching which I would hope we've moved a little beyond but if he comes in he would definitely be useful and most certainly an upgrade on Squillaci and possibly Djourou if he continues being an idiot.

Fats
11-08-2011, 10:37 AM
I am still at a loss at this "super quality" bullshit we hear every season yet last term we bought Squillaci

Joker Wenger

LDG
11-08-2011, 10:40 AM
seems like its gonna be dann as our cb.

that means jenkinson (lb/rb cover), gervinho (striker), oxo (winger) and dann (cb) all in. and it seems eboue, bender, almunia and denilson all out.

would be a very good summer if we can tie up dann and let some of that shit leave.

You're fogetting we're also getting rid of our captain, and other creative lesbian midfielder. We need to replace with one big marquee type signing. Then I'd be reasonably happy....assuming Dann was any good. If not, :ilt:

Darth Vela
11-08-2011, 10:45 AM
I am still at a loss at this "super quality" bullshit we hear every season yet last term we bought Squillaci

Joker Wenger

The guys a compulsive liar in front of a camera, I wouldn't take anything he says at face-value, especially those that are open to a liberal interpretation.

Incidentally, he never mentioned 'super-quality' last season iirc and I tend to remember these things pretty well.

Cripps_orig
11-08-2011, 10:53 AM
Dann :doh:

server too busy!
11-08-2011, 10:58 AM
I guess this means Wenger is admitting we are no longer a big club!

We need Mata, 2 cbs (Cahill and another) and a big name striker if these 2 go....ffs even Defoe would do.

Fats
11-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Thers's Dann
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Na6z03tW4

Olivier's xmas twist
11-08-2011, 11:06 AM
Sky Sports sources understand that Liverpool have agreed a fee with Newcastle for Jose Enrique.
The 25-year-old has made it clear he does not want to extend his current contract at St James' Park, which has just one year left.
A number of clubs had been linked, but Liverpool (http://topics.skysports.com/liverpool/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif were always reportedly in pole position and now they have made their move.
It is understood that a fee of £6million has been agreed between the two clubs and Enrique (http://topics.skysports.com/Jose+Enrique/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif will now travel to Merseyside for a medical.
Newcastle will now be left hunting for a new left-back although they have already expressed an interest in PSV Eindhoven's (http://topics.skysports.com/PSV+Eindhoven/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif Erik Pieters. (http://topics.skysports.com/Erik+Pieters/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_7093105,00.html

Fats
11-08-2011, 11:06 AM
and Cesc leaves the training ground for the last time and says goodbye to Wenger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV8tciBFpCI

Niall_Quinn
11-08-2011, 11:10 AM
That's it now, Wenker has fucked up one too many times. I'll support the club, the players that stay (apart from Chamakh) and the players that have come in (even Dann) but Wenker can fuck off.

Somebody ring him please and advise him I have come to this regretful but necessary decision.

Cripps_orig
11-08-2011, 11:12 AM
We could have done with Jose Enrique.Wenger :doh:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
11-08-2011, 11:32 AM
You're fogetting we're also getting rid of our captain, and other creative lesbian midfielder. We need to replace with one big marquee type signing. Then I'd be reasonably happy....assuming Dann was any good. If not, :ilt:

we'll get 50m from both those 2 transfers, im pretty sure wenger will spend some of that.

the only thing i have against him is he should have done it sooner. sold nasri a month ago and used that money to buy a centre back. will have gelled into our team by now.

anyone who thinks we're gonna get 2 cb's is deluded. we have 4 already, is wenger the type to let squid or kos go after 1 season? not a chance. djourou done alright last season so hes deffo staying. just need 1 more centre back to add competition.

will be a good summer if all plans out.

Niall_Quinn
11-08-2011, 12:06 PM
we'll get 50m from both those 2 transfers, im pretty sure wenger will spend some of that.

the only thing i have against him is he should have done it sooner. sold nasri a month ago and used that money to buy a centre back. will have gelled into our team by now.

anyone who thinks we're gonna get 2 cb's is deluded. we have 4 already, is wenger the type to let squid or kos go after 1 season? not a chance. djourou done alright last season so hes deffo staying. just need 1 more centre back to add competition.

will be a good summer if all plans out.

We don't have 4 CB's, we have Djourou, Squillaci, Koscielny (whatever they are, certainly not CBs) and one CB who is surrounded by speculation of a shift to LB because tight wad wouldn't buy a replacement for Clichy. We won't get £50mill in either, it sounds like the Fabregas deal is a lot less than originally thought, 18.5mill now, more next year and the significant remainder made up in performance related add-ons and savings on (fuck me, it's hard to believe) compensation payments to the little cunt. The savings shit doesn't count, you might as well say he was being paid £6mill a year so the transfer fee is actually £24mill more because we'll save his wages. Savings is not an amount of money paid by the cuntalans to us, so how can it be included as part of the transfer fee? It's a smokescreen to lessen the blow as the fans discover how weak we've been in the market again. Even if we do get £50mill, all the pointers indicate a £6mill move for a mediocre defender called Dann (WTFRU?) and you're probably right, it's delusional to imagine tight wad will spring for two defenders. Take a look at the situation up front too. RvP and then what? Chamakh (FFS) and Vela provided he doesn't go on loan. So I guess that means either another injury prone Walcott moving into the centre or the untried Gervinho taking up the role. Yet again, Wenger opts for zero experience as the solution despite all the harsh lessons dished out to us over the last few years. Talk is Wenger is going to reinforce his inability to learn simple lessons by signing some kid called Campbell. In truth the only way it could be a good summer now is if Wenger fucked off. He's done enough damage, his time should be up before he does any more.

Cripps_orig
11-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Wigan have West Bromwich Albion frontman Peter Odemwingie in their sights as a replacement for Hugo Rodallega, who they fear could be a target for Arsenal.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Arsenal have joined Tottenham in the race for FC Twente striker Bryan Ruiz.
Full story: Daily Mail

Is that the type of players we attract these days?

Niall_Quinn
11-08-2011, 12:11 PM

Is that the type of players we attract these days?

It'll be Campbell, he may be as cheap as £900K so I doubt Wenger is looking anywhere else. Ruiz is probably a smokescreen, we're pretending to sign one shit nobody whilst secretly pulling off a coup to sign a completely different shit nobody.

Özim
11-08-2011, 12:31 PM
If Wenger's words "If we lose both Cesc and Nasri this summer we can no longer be called a big club".

That's what he said, if it does indeed take place, he's turned us from a big club to no longer a big club......that would be a failure in his book.

LDG
11-08-2011, 12:37 PM
If Wenger's words "If we lose both Cesc and Nasri this summer we can no longer be called a big club".

That's what he said, if it does indeed take place, he's turned us from a big club to no longer a big club......that would be a failure in his book.

Depends on whether, and who, he replaces them with. Nasri is a lesbo who's proved nothing as yet.

Cesc? Yeah, big loss, and an awful indictment of how badly we've carried out our business this summer. But what do you do? Let him rot on the bench or just let the cunt go??

If we actually spend the money on proven talent, it's worth it. Utd let Ronaldo go, and it's much the same thing IMO.

Özim
11-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Depends on whether, and who, he replaces them with. Nasri is a lesbo who's proved nothing as yet.

Cesc? Yeah, big loss, and an awful indictment of how badly we've carried out our business this summer. But what do you do? Let him rot on the bench or just let the cunt go??

If we actually spend the money on proven talent, it's worth it. Utd let Ronaldo go, and it's much the same thing IMO.
Those were Wenger's words though, not mine.

I agree about replacing them, however I'm not sure we'll find it that easy to find quality replacements, or indeed be willing to spend adequate amounts on suitable players, especially now we're into August.

Darth Vela
11-08-2011, 12:42 PM
I still think losing Nasri would be a bad move, regardless of who we bring in as they're gonna need time to bed in etc. etc. so we'll be relying on Rambo/Wilshere/Arshavin/RvP for our creative drive. Then again, we've been overloaded with technical play-wingers for quite a while so maybe a we'll get a replacement more suitable for the Premiership and our squad and go on to dominate; there's still far too much uncertainty for a difficult start to the season and that should have been avoidable.

Darth Vela
11-08-2011, 12:43 PM

I agree about replacing them, however I'm not sure we'll find it that easy to find quality replacements, or indeed be willing to spend adequate amounts on suitable players, especially now we're into August.

See my post on the previous page, Wenger's a serial bullshitter so it's best to judge by actions rather than words, however atm the conclusions become pretty similar anyway. :d

LDG
11-08-2011, 12:45 PM

Well yeah...but do you believe what wenger says?? You're believing them now, but not other times?? I'm not advocating his actions or words at all...merely pointing out that you're moving the goalposts :letters:

Regards the players....a marquee signing would be nice...but IMHO, it's about the team. And we need to start playing as a unit again, not just through one or two worldclass players. We can play all the pretty football we want, but if we can't defend and we don't shoot, there's no bloody point. So, I'd rather he bought in some players that will compliment the players we have already....names don't matter so much, but the type and quality really does.

Özim
11-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Well yeah...but do you believe what wenger says?? You're believing them now, but not other times?? I'm not advocating his actions or words at all...merely pointing out that you're moving the goalposts :letters:

Regards the players....a marquee signing would be nice...but IMHO, it's about the team. And we need to start playing as a unit again, not just through one or two worldclass players. We can play all the pretty football we want, but if we can't defend and we don't shoot, there's no bloody point. So, I'd rather he bought in some players that will compliment the players we have already....names don't matter so much, but the type and quality really does.
I'm not really moving the goalposts here, he is full of BS yes....but why would you even say something like this.

With the transfer things there seems to be some sort of twisted point, but noone asked him to say that...he said it of his own free will.

I find it odd a manager would say that if he felt they could go.

My take on it is that losing your best players is a bad thing and that it doesnt' reflect well on the club, one player fine but two after what's been happening what we've done this summer seems over the top.

Realistically new players need time to settle.

LDG
11-08-2011, 01:01 PM
I'm not really moving the goalposts here, he is full of BS yes....but why would you even say something like this.

With the transfer things there seems to be some sort of twisted point, but noone asked him to say that...he said it of his own free will.

Well, he couldn't well say "it's my intention to let them go". Certainly in fabregas case, it would be an invite to Barca to fuck around even more than they have been. He was under contract, so I believe it was his way of saying "he's ours, so fuck off unless you want to pay up", and to other clubs "we don't have to sell if we don't want to".

Make of it what you will.

Me? I'm far more concerned with his and IG's comments about strengthening and doing what was necessary to get us to the party on time. which has clearly not happened. I my mind, that crime is far worse than anything he could have said about "big club" shite....we're still a big club, and always will be. Just like Liverpool are still a big club....and they were fucking awful last year...worse than us!

Cripps_orig
11-08-2011, 01:07 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/08/11/2615082/arsenal-open-talks-with-shakhtar-donetsk-over-jadson-as-they

After Jadson according to L'Equipe to replace Cesc

Özim
11-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Well, he couldn't well say "it's my intention to let them go". Certainly in fabregas case, it would be an invite to Barca to fuck around even more than they have been. He was under contract, so I believe it was his way of saying "he's ours, so fuck off unless you want to pay up", and to other clubs "we don't have to sell if we don't want to".

Make of it what you will.

Me? I'm far more concerned with his and IG's comments about strengthening and doing what was necessary to get us to the party on time. which has clearly not happened. I my mind, that crime is far worse than anything he could have said about "big club" shite....we're still a big club, and always will be. Just like Liverpool are still a big club....and they were fucking awful last year...worse than us!
I agree with you, but I also don't trust him when it comes to signings.

He almost always takes the cheap or youth option, he's completely lost perspective and his refusal to pay a bit extra for something that could make such a huge difference is baffling.

So far this summer he's basically stuck two fingers up and the fans and everyone else and said I'm not listening to any of you I'm doing it my way because it's the only way.

I also agree with the comments someone made about him being indecisive and dithering, he doesn't seem to be able to react quickly to anything, everything is a long drawn out process with him involved...sometimes you just need to act to make your intentions clear and to send a warning out to other clubs.

We'll be portrayed as a club that wil cash in on it's top stars but won't pay the going rate for established players.

IBK
11-08-2011, 01:13 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/08/11/2615082/arsenal-open-talks-with-shakhtar-donetsk-over-jadson-as-they

After Jadson according to L'Equipe to replace Cesc

...They have previously been linked with Valencia's Juan Mata, but 27-year-old Jadson now appears to be in the frame, as manager Arsene Wenger considers the Brazil international to be a cheaper alternative.

Jadson has a contract with Shakhtar until December 2014, but an offer between £7m and £8.8m could be enough to lure him away from the Ukrainian side.

Oh, just fuck off Wenger!

Joker
11-08-2011, 01:14 PM
Oh, just fuck off Wenger!

He knows the price of everything but the value of nothing.

LDG
11-08-2011, 01:16 PM
You might say he's a free market fundamentalist :good:

IBK
11-08-2011, 01:19 PM
...and Scott Dann...

...the Midlands club are holding out for £10m for the centre-back, who has also attracted interest from Liverpool, Stoke City and Sunderland this summer.

Arsenal are confident they have moved into the driving seat for Dann’s signature and sources close to the negotiations believe the Londoners are “close” to agreeing a deal.

Birmingham’s well-documented financial problems have convinced Arsenal they can buy the defender for below the asking price that has been quoted to suitors this summer.

Again, just fuck off, Wenger!

Cripps_orig
11-08-2011, 01:21 PM

Id rather say hes a cunt

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
11-08-2011, 01:23 PM
We don't have 4 CB's, we have Djourou, Squillaci, Koscielny (whatever they are, certainly not CBs) and one CB who is surrounded by speculation of a shift to LB because tight wad wouldn't buy a replacement for Clichy. We won't get £50mill in either, it sounds like the Fabregas deal is a lot less than originally thought, 18.5mill now, more next year and the significant remainder made up in performance related add-ons and savings on (fuck me, it's hard to believe) compensation payments to the little cunt. The savings shit doesn't count, you might as well say he was being paid £6mill a year so the transfer fee is actually £24mill more because we'll save his wages. Savings is not an amount of money paid by the cuntalans to us, so how can it be included as part of the transfer fee? It's a smokescreen to lessen the blow as the fans discover how weak we've been in the market again. Even if we do get £50mill, all the pointers indicate a £6mill move for a mediocre defender called Dann (WTFRU?) and you're probably right, it's delusional to imagine tight wad will spring for two defenders. Take a look at the situation up front too. RvP and then what? Chamakh (FFS) and Vela provided he doesn't go on loan. So I guess that means either another injury prone Walcott moving into the centre or the untried Gervinho taking up the role. Yet again, Wenger opts for zero experience as the solution despite all the harsh lessons dished out to us over the last few years. Talk is Wenger is going to reinforce his inability to learn simple lessons by signing some kid called Campbell. In truth the only way it could be a good summer now is if Wenger fucked off. He's done enough damage, his time should be up before he does any more.

we do have 4 cb's. there might be an air of negativity but dont try and spin things to fit into your argument.

wenger has said gibbs will be given a first team chance at lb, meaning jenkinson will cover him. TV will also be able to fill in should jenkinson play rb (if sagna gets injured).

that means we have 4 cb's at the mo, and dann coming in as a 5th. simple as that.

as for the cesc fee, a number of sources are saying its £29m or so up front, £5m variables and £5m given by cesc over 5 years. so roughly £30m up front. for nasri we'll get £20m.

that makes 50m.

which is what i said in my original post.

also gervinho will play up front when rvp is injured, with oxo providing competition on the wings. just as he done during pre season.

Kano
11-08-2011, 01:23 PM
...and Scott Dann...

Again, just fuck off, Wenger!

don't let yourself be influenced by the media or anything

Japan Shaking All Over
11-08-2011, 01:27 PM

My take on it is that losing your best players is a bad thing and that it doesnt' reflect well on the club, one player fine but two after what's been happening what we've done this summer seems over the top.

Realistically new players need time to settle.

I agree that losing our prize assets in sime circkes would be considered a bad move and a step backwards but the damage that their two seperate sagas are having on the patience and morale of the club and the delay they are causing to us righting any of the bad traits that we still havent addressed leads me to think it is a risk
worth taking
however such endorsement comes with a condition/plea to use the money garnered from such transactions that will help the team now and not 10 yeats down the line, we will need gifted battle hardened troops and the kind of nancy boys that flatter to deceive
I agree with LDG Arsenal could do no worse than to bring back the ethos of a team, a unit not an individual like Cesc was, great player and on his day a joy but at other times a laboursome deadweight that dammed the flow of play. A couple of GHELs in the Cahill/Jags modes would help the defence in this respect, Jack in the centre and someone to play with RvP although not a true GHEL is an orange version of one

IBK
11-08-2011, 01:36 PM
don't let yourself be influenced by the media or anything

I'm not over-influenced by the media, my friend. I am influenced by what we have all seen with our own eyes - not just this Summer, but for years. Eschewing experience/pedigree for cheaper priced alternatives; refusing to strengthen when clearly we need it; losing prospective deals for the sake of relatively small sums of money. Gambling on relative unknowns/prospects rather than proven quality.

You think Wenger is on top of this - knock yourself out. Doesn't look that way to me.

Kano
11-08-2011, 01:47 PM
I'm not over-influenced by the media, my friend. I am influenced by what we have all seen with our own eyes - not just this Summer, but for years. Eschewing experience/pedigree for cheaper priced alternatives; refusing to strengthen when clearly we need it; losing prospective deals for the sake of relatively small sums of money. Gambling on relative unknowns/prospects rather than proven quality.

You think Wenger is on top of this - knock yourself out. Doesn't look that way to me.

no it looks like the media are having a field day with most of the fans...and winning

Niall_Quinn
11-08-2011, 01:48 PM
we do have 4 cb's. there might be an air of negativity but dont try and spin things to fit into your argument.

wenger has said gibbs will be given a first team chance at lb, meaning jenkinson will cover him. TV will also be able to fill in should jenkinson play rb (if sagna gets injured).

that means we have 4 cb's at the mo, and dann coming in as a 5th. simple as that.

as for the cesc fee, a number of sources are saying its £29m or so up front, £5m variables and £5m given by cesc over 5 years. so roughly £30m up front. for nasri we'll get £20m.

that makes 50m.

which is what i said in my original post.

also gervinho will play up front when rvp is injured, with oxo providing competition on the wings. just as he done during pre season.

Well if we can't even agree that Squillaci is not a CB (or fit to play any other position for that matter) we won't likely agree on anything.

Niall_Quinn
11-08-2011, 01:50 PM
no it looks like the media are having a field day with most of the fans...and winning

Agreed. The media has somehow managed to put a negative slant on the great things that have been happening at Arsenal over the last 6 years and, indeed, the latest in a great round of transfer activity. And the stupid fans are swallowing it hook, line and sinker.

Kano
11-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Agreed.

i knew it would happen some day

Niall_Quinn
11-08-2011, 01:57 PM
i knew it would happen some day

Mistype, meant to say A Greedy bastard - that Wenger bloke.

fakeyank
11-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Well if we can't even agree that Squillaci is not a CB (or fit to play any other position for that matter) we won't likely agree on anything.

I'd like to add that he lacks the intelligence of a human being!

Marc Overmars
11-08-2011, 02:34 PM
Shame about Enrique going to Liverpool, would have liked him here. I can only assume Wenger knows something we don't about Gibbs, because all I've seen so far from him is injury after injury and average/nothing to write home about performances.

topgun
11-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Looks like Wenger has fooled everyone again,people thought it was the Barca model he was following when in fact its the Ajax model,and he is well on the way to completing it.

Niall_Quinn
11-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Looks like Wenger has fooled everyone again,people thought it was the Barca model he was following when in fact its the Ajax model,and he is well on the way to completing it.

It's the Poundstretcher model.

Master Splinter
11-08-2011, 03:21 PM

FMFs :bow:

GunnerFan4Life
11-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Arsenal have called an early Arsene Wenger press conference at 09:00 tomorrow

Jadson confirms in his Twitter [@jadson_8] that 'hopefully' early next week he will have news about their future

Vermaelen and van Persie will be fit to face Newcastle

El Mundo Deportivo suggesting that Juan Mata will finally complete his move to Arsenal once Cesc Fabregas leaves for Barcelona

Arsenal in talks with Shakhtar Donetsk over availability of Brazilian Jadson http://t.co/hdBCPai

-Twitter

Cripps_orig
11-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Hes even changed the times for the press conferences.

Prefer them at 7pm

Fats
11-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Arsenal have called an early Arsene Wenger press conference at 09:00 tomorrow

Jadson confirms in his Twitter [@jadson_8] that 'hopefully' early next week he will have news about their future

Vermaelen and van Persie will be fit to face Newcastle

El Mundo Deportivo suggesting that Juan Mata will finally complete his move to Arsenal once Cesc Fabregas leaves for Barcelona

Arsenal in talks with Shakhtar Donetsk over availability of Brazilian Jadson http://t.co/hdBCPai

-Twitter

please stop with the useless brazilians now Arsene

Unai Tea
11-08-2011, 05:28 PM
9am press conference to announce the end of the Fabregas trainwreck? Thank fuck if that's the case. The sooner him and that other fecker Nasri leave the better. Obviously if we actually replace them with quality players that would be a cause for hope. Even if they don't, I'll feel better seeing them gone.

Boss
11-08-2011, 05:49 PM
18.14 German football expert Raphael Honigstein on Twitter: "Wenger in Kicker today: no interest in Mertesacker. 'We have four central defenders, no need for another one'."

Niall_Quinn
11-08-2011, 05:59 PM
Wigan Athletic star Hugo Rodallega could be on his way to the Emirates this summer with Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger keen on the player.

The Gunners could have their transfer budget boosted with star midfielders Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri likely to be leaving the Emirates before the end of the month.
Manager Arsene Wenger will be looking to use the money to spend on players to strengthen the Gunners' squad ahead of the Premier League campaign.
Colombian striker Rodallega has previously been linked with a move to the Emirates, but the Latics have been able to keep hold of a player who has scored 22 goals in 81 appearances.
Wigan boss Roberto Martinez may have his work cut out for him this summer if Arsenal decide to up their interest and make a bid for the 26-year-old frontman.

http://www.clubcall.com/wigan-athletic/wenger-poised-for-latics-bid-1257871.html

Aaron Wilshere
11-08-2011, 06:01 PM
http://www.clubcall.com/wigan-athletic/wenger-poised-for-latics-bid-1257871.html

Would be a good signing.

Proven premier league player, viable option to/ partner for RVP and would limit Chamakh's game time.

Kano
11-08-2011, 06:28 PM
the brazilian guy might not be such a bad shout

http://www.soccerclips.net/es/videos/shakhtar-2-0-tottenham-jadson

Olivier's xmas twist
11-08-2011, 06:33 PM

Nah rather we got Willem or doglas costa should have got those 2 when we wanted them.

Cripps_orig
11-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Would be a good signing.Proven premier league player, viable option to/ partner for RVP and would limit Chamakh's game time. Doesn't the fact Chamakh being 47 million times better and a more than than decent enough replacement for RVP as proven last season come in to it?

Niall_Quinn
11-08-2011, 07:19 PM
Doesn't the fact Chamakh being 47 million times better and a more than than decent enough replacement for RVP as proven last season come in to it?

WUM, as you know very well - Chamakh is shit.

Özim
11-08-2011, 07:43 PM
F*ck me, it's looks like we're going to lose 2 of our best players and we get linked with a shower of sh*t. :(

Letters
11-08-2011, 07:48 PM
F*ck me, it's looks like we're going to lose 2 of our best players and we get linked with a shower of sh*t. :(

I don't care who we're 'linked with'.

GP
11-08-2011, 07:49 PM

I do!

I'm so angry I could punch a polar bear :angry:

Letters
11-08-2011, 07:51 PM
I do!

:haha: Now we know why Stu Francis never used that one.

Özim
11-08-2011, 07:52 PM
Well in all likelyness those are the players we'll end up signing if any, we won't be signing someone they don't find out about.

Plus the "cheap" aspect of these players stinks of Wenger.

Letters
11-08-2011, 07:53 PM
I'll care if and when we sign any of them.

Master Splinter
11-08-2011, 09:00 PM
I'll care if and when we sign any of them.

What sort of an attitude is that FFS?

Raging at every link on goal.com and tribalfootball is the way to go.

Bergkampwonderland10
11-08-2011, 09:22 PM
Nasri to United it seems from an ITK

Super Ghel
12-08-2011, 12:01 PM

Some additional clips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3V86w2NN18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS_Y6M75BqY&feature=related

LDG
12-08-2011, 12:38 PM
I do!

Ironing
12-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Some additional clips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3V86w2NN18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS_Y6M75BqY&feature=related

I like, ver nice

Grebbo
12-08-2011, 02:32 PM
GuillemBalague Guillem Balague
About Mata: Valencia told me yesterday now they aren't selling Mata, that chance was there but the money never arrived

I've seen this written before. Surely when you sign a player you don't wire millions of pounds instantly do you? You'd get your lawyers to enter into contract with the club, then agree terms with the player, then the player signs and then you pay the club.

Ballague is a bell end.

Fist of Lehmann
12-08-2011, 02:57 PM
Actually it's like in the movies.

Both parties meet at a neutral location, preferably at an abandoned industrial estate or under a bridge.

Wenger pulls up with a stuffed suitcase, and a .44 caliber just in case. Gazidis is the wheelman.

The exchange is made.

Wenger dives for the car, screams "Fucking punch it!".

Success of the transfer is dependent on whether they can get away before the shooting starts.

GunnerFan4Life
12-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Reporter on SSN just said that one of our recent signings said whether he joined the right club as Cesc and Nasri seem to be on the way out. Oh no.

Japan Shaking All Over
12-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Reporter on SSN just said that one of our recent signings said whether he joined the right club as Cesc and Nasri seem to be on the way out. Oh no.

let me guess!
could it be the one with a slightly large space on his head

Olivier's xmas twist
12-08-2011, 03:27 PM
I've seen this written before. Surely when you sign a player you don't wire millions of pounds instantly do you? You'd get your lawyers to enter into contract with the club, then agree terms with the player, then the player signs and then you pay the club.

Ballague is a bell end.

The idiot is on Talksport now saying the reason we kept Fabregas for so long was because we thought we'd change his mind to stop loving Barcelona. No you idiot its because we wanted more money

Niall_Quinn
12-08-2011, 03:43 PM
It's starting to sound like Wenger has no plans to sign anyone even if Fabregas and Nasri leave. Apparently "We have a big squad" already. He was talking some shit about nobody being able to sign players which is why they have to come to Arsenal and buy ours??? I'd say it was a smokescreen but our smokescreens have been so effective in the past they've even fooled us into signing nobody. Watching Wenger today it really doesn't appear as if the guy knows what's going on with the fans. That would be hard to believe if true, the other explanation is he doesn't give a fuck. Whatever, it doesn't look good.

LDG
12-08-2011, 04:00 PM
Something is seriously wrong behind the scenes IMO. I think Wenger is powerless to do much about it, and stuggling to come up with excuses.

I just don't buy into it that he's oblivious to the problems we have. It showed on his face in preseason, and much as he's been a fucking tool for not doing some basic necessary housekeeping on the pitch, I just don't believe he doesn't want to sort this squad out.

If he's saying one thing (Cesc and Nas are staying) and then they go, it just doesn't add up. It's fucking weird. He MUST have lined something else up, surely.

Look. I'm actually excited about Gervinho, Miyachi, Oxo etc, as I think they'll all be hits. We've still got some cracking players in RVP, TV5, Walcott, Arshavin, Sagna, hklj d.fbfkhb, Wilshire....but we do lack some depth.

Rather than running around like headless chickens going "OMG, OMG", I think we ought to be hoping that we have some players coming in once the deals for Cesc and Nas are tied up.

We need a CB, we need a Striker, and we need a midfielder (I'm more inclined to have a box to box player than another lightweight fancy cunt).

If we sure those positions up with some experience, I think we'll do just fine...and better than some think. We're being written off, and we could well struggle, but there's more in this team than some would go all flappy about.

Sure it up. But quickly.

Darth Vela
12-08-2011, 04:03 PM
I think he deals with journos in press conferences so gives them his cryptic answers and veers away from giving them headlines to destabilise our transfer talks even further, if you take a look at the one this morning he's smirking throughout most of it. So, he doesn't care about the fans in press conferences is the answer I think.

I'm kind of amazed no-one's picked up on his comments about there being two transfer markets, internal and external, that seems like the kind of thing people could have a field day with.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Something is seriously wrong behind the scenes IMO. I think Wenger is powerless to do much about it, and stuggling to come up with excuses.

I just don't buy into it that he's oblivious to the problems we have. It showed on his face in preseason, and much as he's been a fucking tool for not doing some basic necessary housekeeping on the pitch, I just don't believe he doesn't want to sort this squad out.

If he's saying one thing (Cesc and Nas are staying) and then they go, it just doesn't add up. It's fucking weird. He MUST have lined something else up, surely.

Look. I'm actually excited about Gervinho, Miyachi, Oxo etc, as I think they'll all be hits. We've still got some cracking players in RVP, TV5, Walcott, Arshavin, Sagna, hklj d.fbfkhb, Wilshire....but we do lack some depth.

Rather than running around like headless chickens going "OMG, OMG", I think we ought to be hoping that we have some players coming in once the deals for Cesc and Nas are tied up.

We need a CB, we need a Striker, and we need a midfielder (I'm more inclined to have a box to box player than another lightweight fancy cunt).

If we sure those positions up with some experience, I think we'll do just fine...and better than some think. We're being written off, and we could well struggle, but there's more in this team than some would go all flappy about.

Sure it up. But quickly.

This, is big Stan making his mark in the board room.

Its wired that a manager of a Big club who wants to win the league Would sell his Captain and best player/s on the day the season starts with no replacements.

Darth Vela
12-08-2011, 04:06 PM

Sure it up. But quickly.

Mmm, it's certainly turned a little weird as Wenger/Gazidis/board are usually singing from the same hymn-sheet, then again Wenger didn't seem perturbed so much as amused at the hyperbole at the press conference so :shrug:

LDG
12-08-2011, 04:09 PM
I didn't see the conference, so not reading into much of it....don't really pay much attention other than injury news anyway....

....but I'm trying desperately to comfort myself that in the event Cesc and Nas both go, there HAS to be some replacement lined up. Fucking mental if not.

Japan Shaking All Over
12-08-2011, 04:15 PM
I doubt we will have those replacements in time for the 'castle game........maybe we need another riot to postpone our game so we get some breathing space

the best thing we could do is get Barca to wire some of the money over to Valancia and have Mata come back on the return leg of the flight of the one Cesc went out in

oh yeah buy a fucking CB......FFS and not Dann you Kermit unless he is a cheap option to partner Cahill...........fucking tick tock MF

Niall_Quinn
12-08-2011, 04:21 PM
LOL, a fan on sky, "We're a top 4 club, we play in the CL every year, we're still a big club, we're not Tottenham."

The problem I have is you tend to go through a series of, "Surely that wouldn't happen...", stages, surely Wenger won't ignore the defence again, surely we won't leave it until the season starts to sign players, surely we won't let Nasri leave. Most of the time these beliefs are dashed because Wenger indeed goes right ahead and does all the things we think he surely wouldn't. Now we're saying surely we'll sign the players we need, surely we'll splash the £50mill from from Fabregas and Nasri. If history is a guide we'll just drift on and do nothing. It's not panic, it's more a bemused fascination by this stage. I expect nothing from this season and I think Wenger is building the team that can achieve that and achieve it well. I don't have the same faith in either the newcomers (certainly not based on pre-season because we've seen it all before and had many false dawns) or the youngsters coming through. Why is it going to be different with these players this time? I hope it will be, of course, but looking at it realistically we have nothing more that what we had in previous years, in fact we're likely to have less come the end of the week. I can't see any of these players rallying and digging in, not unless they've all had personality transplants during the summer. And with Wenger motivating them, what can possibly go right?

Niall_Quinn
12-08-2011, 04:23 PM
I doubt we will have those replacements in time for the 'castle game........maybe we need another riot to postpone our game so we get some breathing space

the best thing we could do is get Barca to wire some of the money over to Valancia and have Mata come back on the return leg of the flight of the one Cesc went out in

oh yeah buy a fucking CB......FFS and not Dann you Kermit unless he is a cheap option to partner Cahill...........fucking tick tock MF

All sources are saying the Mata deal is well and truly dead.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-08-2011, 04:24 PM
I didn't see the conference, so not reading into much of it....don't really pay much attention other than injury news anyway....

....but I'm trying desperately to comfort myself that in the event Cesc and Nas both go, there HAS to be some replacement lined up. Fucking mental if not.

Same here, but i don't think we will see new faces coming in end of the day. it seems AW has accepted with only a top 4 club now no better, he does not wan't to learn lesson from last season.

feels shity to be a gooner at times like these. Hope The cun't proves me wrong

Olivier's xmas twist
12-08-2011, 04:26 PM

He cots £60 Mill now thats the problem we misse the deadline to get him cheap, only think we could do is get Hazard. And get a few palyers of city as part of the nasri deal

Özim
12-08-2011, 04:50 PM
It defies belief that we could lose two players as good as this and not have anyone line-up at all....that would be so amateurish....another masterstroke by Arsene Wenger.

I don't get how someone who has that much experience could be so friggin dumb.

Japan Shaking All Over
12-08-2011, 05:07 PM
He cots £60 Mill now thats the problem we misse the deadline to get him cheap, only think we could do is get Hazard. And get a few palyers of city as part of the nasri deal

yeah heard that......if the deal wasnt done before a certain date but surely there would be a way to waiver certain clauses..........doubt whether Valencia ever expect to get that much for him.......but like NQ said the deal looks dead.......but MOC and all that!!!!!

however it defo looks like a Rambo/Jack/Song midfield against the Geordies........may not be strong enough! at least Diaby is not getting a sniff

time to dig up the Joey Barton thread again:ninja:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-08-2011, 05:08 PM
"Do we want to buy? I don't know because at the moment we have too big a squad, we have too many players," he added.

Don't be too sure of those replacements coming full stop

Grebbo
12-08-2011, 05:10 PM

Nope. Wenger replaced them last season. Ramsey and Wilshere are our new signings.

Cripps_orig
12-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Nope. Wenger replaced them last season. Ramsey and Wilshere are our new signings.

Pretty much.

Wenger is right in him saying we have too many players. However the majority of those players are shit and not good enough to replace Nasri or Cesc.

We need to buy

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-08-2011, 05:15 PM
i think we don't need direct replacements we need a centre-back, holding midfielder and striker

Grebbo
12-08-2011, 05:24 PM
IMO the players we needed to sign as a matter of critical urgency were a DM (Song is shit) a CB and a LB.

Second priority a keeper.

Third priority a striker. (I think RVP, Theo and Gervinho is ok. Chamakh too if he awakes from his coma).

I'm of the opinion that Arshavin, Jack and Rambo are decent enough creative midfielders and Fab and Lesbo could go without replacing. If budget allowed they would be replaced but not before the critical positions are fixed.

The above would leave a decent first team but a thin squad.

Instead of doing any of the above Wenger spent £15m on a league one player which I still find astonishing.

Grebbo
12-08-2011, 05:25 PM
i think we don't need direct replacements we need a centre-back, holding midfielder and striker

Weird! I was typing that just as you said it.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-08-2011, 05:36 PM
because it's painfully obviously to everyone

if the squad is too big it's because it's been filled with talentless wastrels

sorely tempted to cancel the ticket i got for the udinese game.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-08-2011, 06:10 PM
"Do we want to buy? I don't know because at the moment we have too big a squad, we have too many players," he added.

Don't be too sure of those replacements coming full stop

With AW you never know, but id say we won't buy the excuses will start in the next few days, " we can'y buy we have to focus on the games" last week of the transfer window will come with more excuses, once the window is shut, we will hear how we tried but no one wanted to leave their teams.

Been there, done that warn that t shit, This routine is becoming as tedious as Pass Pass.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-08-2011, 06:24 PM
I think the fans will want Wenger's head if he fails to make meaningful signing or two before end of August, especially if the league doesn't start well. Let's be fair it's not going to start well.....pre-season has clearly been a hangover from last season where we literally could not win a game to save our lives. If we amalgamate competitive and non competitive fixtures, we have won precisely six games from twenty three since beating Barcelona in February.

With AW you never know, but id say we won't buy the excuses will start in the next few days, " we can'y buy we have to focus on the games" last week of the transfer window will come with more excuses, once the window is shut, we will hear how we tried but no one wanted to leave their teams.

Been there, done that warn that t shit, This routine is becoming as tedious as Pass Pass.

Niall_Quinn
12-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Why should it stop with Wenger? For all we know he's tried to keep Fabregas and Nasri here, he's tried to make signings, we just don't know. It could well be the hateful, filthy swine excrement in the boardroom that have insisted we keep under-bidding by £2mill. It could be the flatulent, obese, puss riddled vermin in the directors' box who have caved on the Fabregas price and jumped at the Nasri cash. Look at the facts. As the club has sunk these blood-suckers have filled their pockets. And the yank says nothing. For all we know none of them pay any attention to the football side of things any more, focusing only on scraping in profit wherever they can find it including turning the transfer window into a profit centre. Maybe spending £15mill on Oxo is simply a three year program to groom him for a Man City or a Chelsea or a Real Madrid with £30mill coming the other way. RvP and Theo will be gone next season, Jack after that. This club looks more and more like a production line and less like a football club as each season passes.

topgun
12-08-2011, 06:50 PM
Why should it stop with Wenger? For all we know he's tried to keep Fabregas and Nasri here, he's tried to make signings, we just don't know. It could well be the hateful, filthy swine excrement in the boardroom that have insisted we keep under-bidding by £2mill. It could be the flatulent, obese, puss riddled vermin in the directors' box who have caved on the Fabregas price and jumped at the Nasri cash. Look at the facts. As the club has sunk these blood-suckers have filled their pockets. And the yank says nothing. For all we know none of them pay any attention to the football side of things any more, focusing only on scraping in profit wherever they can find it including turning the transfer window into a profit centre. Maybe spending £15mill on Oxo is simply a three year program to groom him for a Man City or a Chelsea or a Real Madrid with £30mill coming the other way. RvP and Theo will be gone next season, Jack after that. This club looks more and more like a production line and less like a football club as each season passes. :gp:

GP
12-08-2011, 07:12 PM
Joel Campbell signs

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-agree-deal-to-sign-joel-campbell

Edinburgh Gooner
12-08-2011, 07:19 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/arsenal-snap-up-12m-jadson-as-new-cesc-fabregas-2336087.html

Who is Jadson? Lowdown on new Gunner

Part of Shakhtar's Brazilian set

Jadson is perhaps the best of Shakhtar Donetsk's large Brazilian contingent. He was brought to Ukraine from his first club, Atletico Paranaense in 2005. He was joined at the Ukrainian club by compatriots Willian, Ilsinho, Fernandinho, Luiz Adriano and most recently the Manchester United target Douglas Costa.

The architect of their success

Jadson has the characteristic gifts of a Brazilian attacking midfielder. He is well balanced, with a low centre of gravity and has exceptional footwork from either side. For Shakhtar he played as the central attacking midfielder of a 4-2-3-1, similar to Arsenal's current system. In seven seasons in Ukraine, Jadson won the title five times, as well as two cups.

That magical night in Istanbul

Jadson's peak as a Shakhtar player was the 2009 Uefa Cup final at Fenerbahce's stadium in Istanbul. After one of his trademark late runs into the box, he scored the winning goal in extra-time as Shakhtar beat Werder Bremen 2-1.

International recognition

His international career has only just started, but he went to the Copa America and scored the opening goal from distance in Brazil's 2-2 draw with Paraguay.

Where will he fit in at Arsenal?

His skills are perfect to replace Cesc Fabregas as the brain of the 4-3-3 system. Of similar build to Fabregas (and Samir Nasri), he should contribute goals from distance and from inside the box.

Not my views above, copied from the linked article

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-08-2011, 07:22 PM
except we are not signing him or anyone else

GP
12-08-2011, 07:23 PM
except we are not signing him or anyone else

Except we just announced a new signing 5 minutes ago.

:pal:

AKBapologist
12-08-2011, 07:24 PM
http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/08/arsenal-reach-campbell-agreement/
@younggunsblog: Arsenal will be paying £930,000 for Joel Campbell, rising to just over £1 million, if certain variable bonuses are met. Campbell previously said in an interview two weeks ago that Arsenal had promised him the number 12 shirt.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Joel Campbell signs

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-agree-deal-to-sign-joel-campbell

Its on SSN on the yellow.

Well thats out striker Situation sorted then

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-08-2011, 07:28 PM
that's not a signing that's a 19 year old kid we will send out on loan for a year until he can get a european passport like wellington silva

Niall_Quinn
12-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Joel Campbell signs

Fucking excellent news! We needed a bit of youth in the squad.

Niall_Quinn
12-08-2011, 07:31 PM
Its on SSN on the yellow.

Well thats out striker Situation sorted then

Hard to see how this guy will score less than 30 goals this season. Add his 30 to RvPs 20 and this will be more than enough up front. Now add Scott Dann and I can't see anyone getting within a mile of us. PL is in the bag.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-08-2011, 07:34 PM
The transfer is subject to the completion of formal agreements and processes.
Arsenal Manager Arsène Wenger said: “Joel Campbell has already shown that he is a player with great ability, and has also performed well on the international stage at a young age. We look forward to the formalities of the transfer being completed and working with Joel when he joins us at Arsenal."

Niall_Quinn
12-08-2011, 07:35 PM
http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/08/arsenal-reach-campbell-agreement/
@younggunsblog: Arsenal will be paying £930,000 for Joel Campbell, rising to just over £1 million, if certain variable bonuses are met. Campbell previously said in an interview two weeks ago that Arsenal had promised him the number 12 shirt.

Splashing the cash, big time! Finally we are kicking arse in the transfer window. Add this to the Scott Dan fee and we'll have blown the entire Clichy fee. Crazy extravagance.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-08-2011, 07:35 PM
Hard to see how this guy will score less than 30 goals this season. Add his 30 to RvPs 20 and this will be more than enough up front. Now add Scott Dann and I can't see anyone getting within a mile of us. PL is in the bag.

:haha: You cheer me up fella

Özim
12-08-2011, 07:39 PM
I've seen this guy, he can head, shoot with both feet, regularly scores with bicycle kicks and backflicks, he's super fast, can dribble, pass, makes great run's of the defenders, times his run to perfection and is one of the best volleyers around....he can even bend the ball from one side of the pitch to the other in 20 yards.

So yeah 30 goals at least and that's a conservative estimate.

Wenger pulls another rabbit out of the hat, in Wenger we trust. :bow:

This is such an exciting time, can't wait for the season to start, I feel the final 2% is finally here, we're ready to dominate at long last.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-08-2011, 07:47 PM
I've seen this guy, he can head, shoot with both feet, regularly scores with bicycle kicks and backflicks, he's super fast, can dribble, pass, makes great run's of the defenders, times his run to perfection and is one of the best volleyers around....he can even bend the ball from one side of the pitch to the other in 20 yards.

So yeah 30 goals at least and that's a conservative estimate.

Wenger pulls another rabbit out of the hat, in Wenger we trust. :bow:

This is such an exciting time, can't wait for the season to start, I feel the final 2% is finally here, we're ready to dominate at long last.

Shame we won't see him here i mean will he get his visa i mean wellington has been waiting ages for his, this guy may take longer to get his.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-08-2011, 07:47 PM
I don't know who he'll be scoring 30 goals for, it won't be us.....pretty sure he won't be able to get a work permit

Niall_Quinn
12-08-2011, 07:49 PM
I wonder is Wenger signing these players to get back at the people who have been mean to him?

Boss
12-08-2011, 07:52 PM
Quite happy about Campbell signing, looks like he'll become a beast of a player.

Will be able to sell him for at least 20M in a couple years so everyone wins. :coffee:

GunnerFan4Life
12-08-2011, 07:54 PM
He looks pretty decent...hopefully our Hernandez.

Ryo, Oxlade, Jenkinson, Gervinho, Campbell in so far. We need a defender and at least jadson and maybe plus one to replace Cesc and Nasri then it'll be interesting tosee how it pans out!

Olivier's xmas twist
12-08-2011, 07:56 PM
Quite happy about Campbell signing, looks like he'll become a beast of a player.

Will be able to sell him for at least 20M in a couple years so everyone wins. :coffee:

Thats what we said about the last South American player we signed and put in the 1st team, look how that turned out.

milla
12-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Thats what we said about the last South American player we signed and put in the 1st team, look how that turned out.

Totnumb. :coffee:

Darth Vela
12-08-2011, 08:04 PM
I don't know who he'll be scoring 30 goals for, it won't be us.....pretty sure he won't be able to get a work permit

I don't know whether he'll meet the required quota but he's played 6 or 7 times for Costa Rica which would probably stand him in good stead to get a permit, assuming we'll apply for one which, if he's getting 12 as his number looks likely.

Incidentally, he looks like he could be a decent player and is exactly the type of player we need, shame he isn't a few years older otherwise he'd actually be a good signing instead of another punt.

Keith
12-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Shame we won't see him here i mean will he get his visa i mean wellington has been waiting ages for his, this guy may take longer to get his.

I think he can apply for a permit as a special case as he's a young international whilst WS is only under 17s.

Özim
12-08-2011, 08:14 PM
I think he can apply for a permit as a special case as he's a young international whilst WS is only under 17s.
Think they already gave that to Wenger, he is "special case" indeed.

Ironing
12-08-2011, 08:21 PM
He looks pretty good on the youtubes, in terms of technique

Who knows about his involvement in 90 mins though...

GunnerFan4Life
12-08-2011, 08:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC1m87ZAe4o

Looks freakin sick to me. Will he be able to join us straight away?

alexander
12-08-2011, 08:31 PM
Looks like this new arsenal team will be bursting with pace, and im happy with that.

GunnerFan4Life
12-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Denilson, Bender, Almunia (won't be playing), Eboue (Jenkinson taken over), Nasri( inconsistent), Cesc, and anyone else out.

Teenagers with pace in.

Boss
12-08-2011, 08:38 PM

Could have sold Vela for 20M after the 6-0 win against Sheff Utd tbf.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
12-08-2011, 08:43 PM
campbell (striker), gervinho (winger), oxo (winger), jenkinson (rb/lb) all in.

bender, nascunt, cesc, eboue and almunia look like all leaving.

just need a cb and cesc replacement... would be a very good summer by our accounts if everything falls in place.

GunnerFan4Life
12-08-2011, 08:46 PM
campbell (striker), gervinho (winger), oxo (winger), jenkinson (rb/lb) all in.

bender, nascunt, cesc, eboue and almunia look like all leaving.

just need a cb and cesc replacement... would be a very good summer by our accounts if everything falls in place.

ATLEAST, and i mean ATLEAST Jadson and Dann in and I'll be happy, with money left over which Wenger can use.

Marc Overmars
12-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Our CC team this year should be intriguing.

Oxo, Miyaichi and Campbell. :bow:

We cry out for experience all summer and 3 out of 4 signings so far are teenagers.

Wenger the WUM. :bow:

Marc Overmars
12-08-2011, 08:52 PM
In other news, Gervinho has taken Eboue's number 27, who in turn hasn't been given a new number.

Clearest sign yet that he's off.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
12-08-2011, 08:54 PM
all of a sudden we've got quite a bit of pace in our team.

just wish we had done all this crap a month ago. we'd have gelled together by now and ready to kick off tomorrow.

Niall_Quinn
12-08-2011, 08:59 PM
We needed tried and tested players with experience. The grand total experience of all our signings - zero. We'll pay heavily for this as the season unwinds. Another disaster presided over by a sad manager who is a shadow of the guy who hoisted the PL and knew how to pick players. I was reading up on Mata and looking through his stats plus having a watch on YT. Now that's a player, I can see what the fuss was about. Of course we fucked that up. If Mata was coming I'd have some hope (provided we got those two CBs in of course), but looking at the motley crew Wenger has dredged up on the cheap (apart from the utterly inexplicable Chamberlain at £15m who we don't even need), reality intervenes to tell you none of them will be capable of making the impact we need. It's unfair to even ask them. Wenger is such a screw up it's unreal.

Grebbo
12-08-2011, 09:05 PM
We needed tried and tested players with experience. The grand total experience of all our signings - zero. We'll pay heavily for this as the season unwinds. Another disaster presided over by a sad manager who is a shadow of the guy who hoisted the PL and knew how to pick players. I was reading up on Mata and looking through his stats plus having a watch on YT. Now that's a player, I can see what the fuss was about. Of course we fucked that up. If Mata was coming I'd have some hope (provided we got those two CBs in of course), but looking at the motley crew Wenger has dredged up on the cheap (apart from the utterly inexplicable Chamberlain at £15m who we don't even need), reality intervenes to tell you none of them will be capable of making the impact we need. It's unfair to even ask them. Wenger is such a screw up it's unreal.

Yep. Wenger has spent £27m and not signed an ounce of Premiership experience. Compare that with Fergie's signings....

Niall_Quinn
12-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Yep. Wenger has spent £27m and not signed an ounce of Premiership experience. Compare that with Fergie's signings....

Fergie's in the business of winning titles whereas Wenger is doing some sort of youth work only loosely connected to football by the look if it. One's a serious competitor who has won under all circumstances and conditions, the other is a guy who cries about how much money Man City have. The two can't be compared in any meaningful way. Mind you, Wenger did get voted best manager of all time, didn't he? :doh:

Marc Overmars
12-08-2011, 09:20 PM
Don't worry, Jadson and Mata will tear it up.

For Shakhtar and Valencia. :coffee:

GunnerFan4Life
12-08-2011, 09:24 PM
I'm in that mood that I desperately want to see some transfer news NOW I just don't want to wait, i keep going onto Sky Sports news site, and other sites for transfer news. COME ON Wenger!

Sirjackofwilshere
12-08-2011, 09:26 PM
JamieDalton82 (http://twitter.com/#%21/JamieDalton82) Jamie Dalton

Ok, It seems that @Kike_Marin_ (http://twitter.com/Kike_Marin_) - A reporter for Spanish daily Público reports Arsenal and Valencia have come to a agreement over Juan Mata.

18 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/#%21/JamieDalton82/status/102123900699283457)

##

GunnerFan4Life
12-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Too many stories flying around :( it's depressingly annoying

Ironing
12-08-2011, 09:28 PM
I'm in that mood that I desperately want to see some transfer news NOW I just don't want to wait, i keep going onto Sky Sports news site, and other sites for transfer news. COME ON Wenger!

Dude, we literally just announced a signing.

I know it's underwhelming, but still...

Niall_Quinn
12-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Don't worry, Jadson and Mata will tear it up.

For Shakhtar and Valencia. :coffee:

Oh well, we can only go with what we've got and hope they can do some sort of a job. This is what it feels like to be in the second tier. And it feels different to the 80's because back then you knew the names, players that had been around their entire careers. And of course we got the odd FA Cup final thrown in when it still meant something. There was a familiarity and some sense of being in it together. Now it's like standing outside with your face pressed against the glass, hoping the millionaires inside can be arsed to at least try.

Niall_Quinn
12-08-2011, 09:31 PM
##

Huge fucking relief if that's true. And when are you bringing the dancing chicken back - how the fuck do you expect us to start the season without the dancing chicken?

GunnerFan4Life
12-08-2011, 09:31 PM
Dude, we literally just announced a signing.

I know it's underwhelming, but still...

Yeah but, i mean, the serious signings like cesc's replacement and a centre back

fakeyank
12-08-2011, 09:41 PM
Yeah but, i mean, the serious signings like cesc's replacement and a centre back

AW is still in charge. Try again next season

Boss
12-08-2011, 09:45 PM
In other news, Gervinho has taken Eboue's number 27, who in turn hasn't been given a new number.

Clearest sign yet that he's off.

15.11 Emmanuel Eboue to Radio Abidjan this morning: "I should be presented to Galatasaray by Thursday"

^^

GunnerFan4Life
12-08-2011, 09:48 PM
At the start of the 2011/12 season Eboue lost his squad number to new signing Gervinho, who was given the number 27 shirt upon his arrival, which left Eboue's future at the club unclear. It is believed that eboue will leave Arsenal to join Turkish side Galatasaray beforore the end of August 2011, with the transfer fee thought to be in the region of £3.75 plus 1 curly wurly.

-Wikipedia - :haha:

Grebbo
12-08-2011, 09:51 PM
At the start of the 2011/12 season Eboue lost his squad number to new signing Gervinho, who was given the number 27 shirt upon his arrival, which left Eboue's future at the club unclear. It is believed that eboue will leave Arsenal to join Turkish side Galatasaray beforore the end of August 2011, with the transfer fee thought to be in the region of £3.75 plus 1 curly wurly.

-Wikipedia - :haha:

Edinburgh Gooner
12-08-2011, 09:55 PM
why can't i get all the smileys and good posting stuff??

GunnerFan4Life
12-08-2011, 09:58 PM
I just noticed it says £3.75 i thought it said 3.75mil! :lol:

GP
12-08-2011, 10:13 PM
why can't i get all the smileys and good posting stuff??

:gp: :gp:

:dance:

Cripps_orig
12-08-2011, 10:21 PM
Don't expect any more strikers to come in in case they kill this pub teamer. Just fuck off wenger.Come on Newcastle

Boss
12-08-2011, 10:28 PM
Roberto Mancini has renewed his criticisms of the Manchester City board, describing himself as "worried" going into the new season because of the club's inability to conclude their transfer business earlier in the summer.

Samir Nasri's proposed transfer from Arsenal would once again establish City as the biggest transfer-window spenders in English football, with a net spend in excess of £60m. Mancini, however, is becoming increasingly impatient with the length of time it is taking for his squad to be completed.

The Italian had expected Nasri to be confirmed before Friday's registration point to play against Swansea on Monday, and he still wants at least one more signing. "Last year was the same too," he said. "I don't understand this. I thought we could get all the players we needed three or four weeks ago. But here we are and the deals aren't closed.

"We need this player [Nasri]. I asked for this player two months ago. I'm worried because I don't have this player today and I probably won't have him tomorrow. We play three games in August and I am worried."

The Nasri deal has been held up because the clubs are arguing about the structure of the payments for a deal that would cost City in the region of £23m.

It has been a complex process – Arsenal began the summer by stating unequivocally that Nasri would not be sold to an English rival – and the fact the London club are now willing to sell could be construed as a personal triumph for the City chief executive, Garry Cook, and the football administrator, Brian Marwood. But Mancini's relationship with the two men has been fractious at times over the summer and he remains unsatisfied.

"I haven't spoken with Garry or Brian, so I don't know the situation," Mancini continued. "I hope that we can get the players I asked for two months ago. Monday is the start of the season for us and we have not completed our team. I hope we can do this very quickly because we need other players."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/12/roberto-mancini-manchester-city-samir-nasri?

Assume this will be wrapped up shortly.

Boss
12-08-2011, 10:28 PM
Re Jadson:

However speaking to the Ukrainian press today, Shakhtar’s Director Sergey Palkyn, said that he had not received Arsenal’s offer and that the most important factor to consider was the player’s wishes.

"There are no proposals for Jadson and I have not heard anything about the fact that representatives of Arsenal came to Donetsk to negotiate a transfer of our football player"

- Are we ready to let him go? I do not see any problem if we and the football player will be satisfied with the proposal. The main thing is the desire of the player. If it is present, then we are ready to negotiate with any club. "

http://arsenalanalysis.blogspot.com/2011/08/donetsks-president-ready-to-negotiate.html?

Boss
12-08-2011, 10:32 PM
And lastly, re Vela:

Carlos Vela looks set to join Real Sociedad on loan, according to Spanish publication El Mundo Deportivo.

The Mexican international has struggled to secure a regular starting berth at the Emirates since signing for the Gunners six years ago and will now move to the Primera Division outfit for the season.

Tipped to have a bright future in North London, having won the Golden Boot at the under-17 World Cup in 2005, Vela spent two seasons on loan in Spain with Salamanca and Osasuna before gaining a work permit and making an exciting impact in the Carling Cup campaign of 2008-09.

Despite flashes of genius on the ball, and regularly demonstrating his trademark chip finish in friendly matches, the 22-year-old has always sat behind the likes of Bendtner, Chamakh, Walcott and Arshavin in the pecking order.

Having been loaned to West Bromwich Albion in January and with Arsene Wenger adding Ryo Miyaichi, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Joel Campbell to his first team squad this summer, it would appear that Vela’s return to the Iberian Peninsula could pre-empt a permanent switch next summer should he impress his new employers.

http://news.arseblog.com/index.php/2011/08/vela-set-for-sociedad-switch/

With us having Van Persie, Chamakh, Campbell and Gervinho/Walcott up front, can't see Wenger buying another striker. Can see him finally moving Theo there with the purchases of Ugly Theo™, Gervinho and the addition of Miyaichi.

Will probably see Jadson as a replacement for Cesc + Nasri, can't see Wenger signing a CB with the four (Vermaelen + rubbish) available.

GP
12-08-2011, 10:34 PM
At least 2 more will sign before the window closes, I am certain.

GunnerFan4Life
12-08-2011, 10:36 PM
I will not be a happy arsenal if we don't sign 2 players in the obvious needed positions.

GP
12-08-2011, 10:37 PM
Mata or Jadson plus a defender. It will happen.