PDA

View Full Version : Summer Transfer Speculation and Shit

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Özil's Panoramic View
17-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Ffs.

Ground Hog Day. :ilt:

Marc Overmars
17-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Never heard of him tbh but he's quite highly rated.

Young, free, I don't see any problem.

He's crap.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-05-2013, 11:45 AM
Wenger's big tall striker fetish. :bow:

Cavani being 6ft 2 at least makes it slightly more likely to happen than Falcao being on his way.

Yaya it is. :bow:

To be honest, we can get most forward players to 15-20 goals so not much of a problem really. Better him than Chakma.

Niall_Quinn
17-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Wenger's big tall striker fetish. :bow:

Cavani being 6ft 2 at least makes it slightly more likely to happen than Falcao being on his way.

Yaya it is. :bow:

To be honest, we can get most forward players to 15-20 goals so not much of a problem really. Better him than Chakma.

The new Chakma :bow:

Cripps_orig
17-05-2013, 02:25 PM
17 May 2013 14:22
Meet Arsenal target Yaya Sanogo: the archetypal Wenger signing

The 20-year-old striker has an impressive strike rate in Ligue 2, but has struggled with a series of injuries throughout his career and is yet to complete five consecutive matches

The deal is not quite official yet but Arsenal appear set to make their first summer capture in the shape of young French striker Yaya Sonogo, who is set to arrive at the Emirates Stadium on a free transfer from Ligue 2 outfit Auxerre.

Sanogo will arrive in London a virtual unknown, having played only 22 senior matches in France. With no fee associated with the move, other than training compensation to be paid to the Bourguignon outfit, he is in many ways an archetypal Arsene Wenger signing.

At 20 years old the striker shows terrific promise. He is from the athletic school of French forwards, built with the strength beyond his years and blessed with electric pace. Perhaps most importantly to Arsenal fans, though, is that he has shown himself to be a genuine goalscorer this season.

From his 11 matches with Auxerre in Ligue 2, he has scored an impressive nine goals. Seven of these came in back-to-back games, in which he struck a treble versus Tours exactly a week after scoring four times in an encounter away at Laval. Such a prolific ability in front of goal is rare for one so young.

Those attributes, it would seem, should have big clubs clamouring for his signature but so far the interest has been relatively muted. Lille proved to be Arsenal's biggest rivals for Sanogo's signature but given his capacity to find the net there has been a surprising lack of serious interest from elsewhere.

Looking at the player's injury record gives a clue as to why. He has been beset by problems throughout his young career, including a broken leg that kept him out of virtually the entire 2009-10 campaign and a torn adductor that saw him sidelined for much of the following season.

To make matters worse, he has been plagued by a series of more minor issues over the course of the last year and will on Friday, assuming he is selected to play against Clermont, only feature in five consecutive matches for the first time in his career.

Sanogo has a habit over overcoming setbacks, though. As a youth he was turned away from the illustrious Clairefontaine academy and instead played for local Parisian club Les Ulis for a year as a 13-year-old. Les Ulis have proven themselves capable of forming world-class striking talent in the past, with Arsenal and France legend Thierry Henry among their alumni.

If Sanogo's ability to remain fit is questionable, there are few problems elsewhere in his game.

Standing at comfortably over six-feet tall, he possesses a physical strength that his lanky frame would suggest unlikely, allying this with great pace that makes him difficult to stop once he gets away from defenders.

He has been compared to Romelu Lukaku due to his similar height and attributes, yet there can be little doubt that the Chelsea man, who has spent the season on loan at West Brom, is a good deal further along in his development.

Sanogo, however, has greater scope for improvement. First-team matches will bring with them a greater understanding of the game while there is little doubt that working with Wenger's team at Arsenal he can improve his link-up play and become a more rounded striker.

The France Under-21 international is not the first man that Wenger has plucked from Auxerre, following previous moves for Bacary Sagna and Abou Diaby, with the latter also moving at the age of 20.

Gunners fans hoping that he will be an immediate replacement for Robin van Persie are likely to be left disappointed, but if the young Frenchman is given the duration of his expected four-year deal to develop and manages to shrug off the injury problems that have hindered his development to date, there is little doubt that Wenger may just have found himself another diamond in the rough.

So he hasn't even done it in ligue one? He plays in the 2nd division? Why are we after this pub teamer?

Might as well get that legend off burnley.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
17-05-2013, 02:29 PM
hasnt played 5 consecutive games in his career :doh:

Cripps_orig
17-05-2013, 02:41 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4931389/Wayne-Rooney-transfer-Arsenal-deny-move-for-Man-Utd-star.html

Looks like Wazza isn't coming. It would have killed Yaya tbh

Marc Overmars
17-05-2013, 02:49 PM
So he hasn't even done it in ligue one? He plays in the 2nd division? Why are we after this pub teamer?

Might as well get that legend off burnley.

Great to see our change in approach after securing the new commercial deals.

Cripps_orig
17-05-2013, 03:07 PM
One must wonder, if this nobody wasn't on a free, would we even be looking at him?

Wengers cheap ass ways comes to the fore yet again

Master Splinter
17-05-2013, 03:08 PM
Young, free, I don't see any problem.

She said no.

GP
17-05-2013, 03:08 PM
She said no.

Who did?

Niall_Quinn
17-05-2013, 03:13 PM
Great to see our change in approach after securing the new commercial deals.

Stop being so negative. There are other things to think about here, like a name for the new yacht.

Niall_Quinn
17-05-2013, 03:14 PM
hasnt played 5 consecutive games in his career :doh:

We can improve that to 4 consecutive games so don't see what the problem is. Great signing. Free, injury prone, untested, unknown, uncontested by the big clubs, unlikely to make any impact whatsoever. What's not to love?

Cripps_orig
17-05-2013, 03:16 PM
He's older than Lukaku who pisses on him in every way.

And we all thought Project Youth had died :haha:

Still going strong and as shit as ever

Master Splinter
17-05-2013, 03:17 PM
Great signing. Free, injury prone, untested, unknown, uncontested by the big clubs, unlikely to make any impact whatsoever. What's not to love?

Have we signed Amaury Bischoff?

Great player.

Niall_Quinn
17-05-2013, 03:18 PM
Gunners fans hoping that he will be an immediate replacement for Robin van Persie are likely to be left disappointed, but if the young Frenchman is given the duration of his expected four-year deal to develop and manages to shrug off the injury problems that have hindered his development to date, there is little doubt that Wenger may just have found himself another diamond in the rough.

Don't see why he can't be the new van Persie. His injury record is second to none and there's no reason to discount the possibility of him spending seven years in the treatment room. Typical shoddy journalism again.

Cripps_orig
17-05-2013, 03:20 PM
Shrug off his injury problems here? At Arsenal? :lol:

No chance.

Niall_Quinn
17-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Don't want to write this guy off before he's even played, but I;d just like to take this opportunity to write this guy off.

Seriously though. £70mill.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Fuck off.

Where's my drug overdose kit?

Wenger is such a piss taker, doesn't he have any sort of a clue how a signing like this is going to be received by the fans? Okay, granted, this is almost certainly just a bit of side business before the main event of signing Cavani, Rooney, Messi etc. But he could surely forgive us for being worried that come kick off next season this is the only guy we end up signing. it's not as if absolute abject dire shit and daylight robbery like this has not happened before.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-05-2013, 03:34 PM
Hmm yeah that doesn't read quite as well as I had intended.

Moving on...

Yaya. :bow:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ee/Yaya_Tour%C3%A9.JPG/250px-Yaya_Tour%C3%A9.JPG

We save £28 million with our version though. :scarf:

Gooner23
17-05-2013, 04:13 PM
He really is the ultimate WUM.

Even if this dude is just going to be a squaddie I don't really see the point. May as well promote someone like Afobe into the first team as a back up striker.

And if he is coming in to challenge Giroud for the first choice starting spot, god help us!

Dennis Bendtner
17-05-2013, 04:18 PM
Basically all the google hits for this guy are his FM stats. Including a screenshot of an 87-goal season in 2019. The black Messi, if you like.

Munchies
17-05-2013, 06:29 PM
I actually laughed when you mentioned bischoff , the guy had no knees :lol:

Paid his wages for One whole year for doing fuck all

Ollie the Optimist
17-05-2013, 07:11 PM
We are signing a player for free whose wages will be fuck all and we are all losing our shit?

It's a free transfer ffs

Ollie the Optimist
17-05-2013, 07:12 PM
Also didn't koscienly come from league two in France?

hes now our best cb and one of the best in the league

Özil's Panoramic View
17-05-2013, 07:17 PM
Thought Merts was our best CB. :shrug:

And I understand why fans are having a moan. Just seems like the same old cheap shit approach even though we've been hearing of a 70 and 100 mil war chest now at Wenger's disposal.

Cripps_orig
17-05-2013, 07:27 PM

And I understand why fans are having a moan. Just seems like the same old cheap shit approach even though we've been hearing of a 70 and 100 mil war chest now at Wenger's disposal.

He is

If this Sanogo pub teamer wasn't to be our only signing upfront then I'd have no problem with it. He will be though so fuck him and Wenger.

Cripps_orig
17-05-2013, 07:29 PM
I actually laughed when you mentioned bischoff , the guy had no knees :lol:

Paid his wages for One whole year for doing fuck all

Looks like we have a new bischoff in Eisfeld.

Ollie the Optimist
17-05-2013, 07:35 PM
There is no player in the world that we could sign that someone wouldn't moan about it. It's pathetic

Marc Overmars
17-05-2013, 07:42 PM
There is no player in the world that we could sign that someone wouldn't moan about it. It's pathetic

There are plenty of players out there who would satisfy the fans, this guy is not one of them.

He might be good, he might be shit, we don't know. The problem is that Wenget's hit rate when he's taken a punt on these type of players is wank.

Cripps_orig
17-05-2013, 07:49 PM
Cos we are buying him, we won't buy another striker. A world class one which is where the frustration lies.

Niall_Quinn
17-05-2013, 08:04 PM
Anyone remember when we signed Bergkamp? It was unreal, a genuine world talent coming to Arsenal. I kept reading the same articles in the papers over and over, it was hard to believe. Then a string of top talent followed and we were treated to probably the best football any of us will ever see. But it was the Bergkamp signing that announced something significant was happening at the club.

Days long gone and now our marvellous football has turned into a steady flow of sewage. I can't recall a time that was even close to the general low associated with everything at this club, caused by the miserable rats who stuffed their wallets and turned the keys over to a giant, sucking leech. We've endured years of seeing these bloodsuckers profit by selling off the team and making profits in the transfer windows. This weekend we go into a do or die game hoping we can pip a club we used to wipe our shoes on, the manager and players will celebrate finishing 4th as if that's some kind of trophy. If this club ever needed a spark it's now.

That spark isn't some injury prone freebie from the French feeder leagues, he's just another reminder of rotting stench that surrounds the club. Hard luck on the kid and I hope he's the next Henry - but let's get real, he's not or else somebody else would want him. We've rummaged in the very bottom of the most remote bin and dragged something out again. Why any fan would expect to be pleased I'm not sure.

Grebbo
17-05-2013, 09:35 PM
Rooooney

Come to papa

selassie
17-05-2013, 11:15 PM

Season ticket renewal speech.

We won't be spending this summer, certainly not the fees that are being banded around, it would completely go against what Arsene and the board believe in.

This is what will happen.

1. A few weeks after the season has ended. Arsene will say this.

"We only buy super quality, I will be in the market"

2. A few weeks before the season starts having spent the summer putting in a few insulting bids for players to no avail, Arsene will say this.

"We may add 1 or maybe 2 players of super quality, we wait for the other teams to finish their business"

3. A few days before the season starts, no buys, but mounting pressure from fans and the media. Arsene will say this.

"I am very happy with my squad, they have fantastic potential and spirit"

4. November time, already out of the title race, struggling for form. Mounting pressure from the fans and media. Arsene will say this.

"In England everybody thinks the solution is to buy, we work with our solutions internally, the squad has huge potential, desire and spirit. You want me to buy Messi and Ronaldo but we don't have the money. We work with our internal solution".

Cripps_orig
17-05-2013, 11:20 PM

We won't be spending this summer, certainly not the fees that are being banded around, it would completely go against what Arsene and the board believe in.

2. A few weeks before the season starts having spent the summer putting in a few insulting bids for players to no avail, Arsene will say this.

"We may add 1 or maybe 2 players of super quality, we wait for the other teams to finish their business"

3. A few days before the season starts, no buys, but mounting pressure from fans and the media. Arsene will say this.

4. November time, already out of the title race, struggling for form. Mounting pressure from the fans and media. Arsene will say this.

"In England everybody thinks the solution is to buy, we work with our solutions internally, the squad has huge potential, desire and spirit. You want me to buy Messi and Ronaldo but we don't have the money. We work with our internal solution".

Your prediction doesn't count. You cheated. You looked at the last 5 seasons where the same shit has happened over and over again

Cripps_orig
17-05-2013, 11:21 PM
Arsenal are expected to sign Queens Park Rangers' 33-year-old Brazilian goalkeeper Julio Cesar.
Full story: Daily Mirror

We might finally have a quality keeper again.

selassie
17-05-2013, 11:25 PM
Your prediction doesn't count. You cheated. You looked at the last 5 seasons where the same shit has happened over and over again

:d

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
17-05-2013, 11:26 PM

the board bought park for marketing reasons.

Japan Shaking All Over
18-05-2013, 12:13 AM
The frustration of the Nation of Arsenal is understandable. . .it wants its money used in a hurry on world class talent before it can be secretly (or not so secretly) pockted by the powers that be. . ,

This Yaya does not tick any of the expectation boxes but lets be real about this, IF at all we do enter business to sign world class, no discussin will take place before te seasons across Europe end,. There may be some behind the scenes chatter but nothing we will get wind of.

I think its just a case of couldnt afford the chance of lettng this guy slip through the net, although he doe fall well short of we think we should be in for

Niall_Quinn
18-05-2013, 01:20 AM
The chavs are linked with players x,y,z and there's a strong chance they'll get them. Same with city, same with utd, I'd even bank on the spuds getting at least a couple of their targets. We are linked with several big names (mostly on the back of the media assuming we have this £70mill to spend). Chances of us making any of those big name signings? As close to zero as makes no odds. The young French nobody signing is indicative of what has happened in the past. As a fan the last thing I want to see for yet another season is indicators we are doing the same old shit as usual. I'd like to think the transfer rumours had an outside possibility of happening (or at least consider them not 100% ridiculous and unrealistic), yes even though the shit is coming through the media. We are supposed to be a big club but the idea of us signing a big player seems ludicrous. That's the problem. We await to be pleasantly surprised and meanwhile we are typically unimpressed with the latest goings on in the French bargain basement.

Xhaka Can’t
18-05-2013, 07:19 AM
We can improve that to 4 consecutive games so don't see what the problem is. Great signing. Free, injury prone, untested, unknown, uncontested by the big clubs, unlikely to make any impact whatsoever. What's not to love?

£50k a week?

Xhaka Can’t
18-05-2013, 07:22 AM
We are signing a player for free whose wages will be fuck all and we are all losing our shit?

It's a free transfer ffs

Ollie, it is a pointless transfer - and one that demonstrates that despite all the bluster, nothing has changed. We are paying upwards of £1000 a season to watch an increasing selection of utter turds wear our colours.

Fuck that.

Injury Time
18-05-2013, 07:24 AM
£50k a week?

Little bit we not afford him if fit zee?

Gooner23
18-05-2013, 09:07 AM
Ollie, it is a pointless transfer - and one that demonstrates that despite all the bluster, nothing has changed. We are paying upwards of £1000 a season to watch an increasing selection of utter turds wear our colours.

Fuck that.

Spot on.

I wish the lad good luck, and feel sorry for him that he will be written off before he's kicked a ball.

BUT this signing does nothing to indicate we're about to change policy and stop rumaging around in the bargain bin. We've got a squad desperately lacking in 'top top quality' and an unproven unknown player from the French second division isn't going to help us challenge for trophies. We don't need a player that could be the next Drogba in 4 years time. Also, he may be a free signing, but how much time will we have wasted scouting and setting up the deal.

The jury is still out on our summer business, but this is a very underwhelming start.

Power n Glory
18-05-2013, 09:07 AM
What's happened to Joe Campbell? Shouldn't he be ready to play the bench role?

It seems like there is no need to take this gamble. He could potentially be another player we can't shift. We've already got Chamakh; a complete shambles and from the moment I saw him play I knew he'd be useless. We've still got Bendy who's shit as well but is probably a better striker than all of the guys we have now, which is bloody pathetic!

If this kid is injury prone in the second division of the French league, he's gonna get his shit handed to him in the Prem. It smells like a Bischoff type of move. Wenger is doing a friend a bloody favour again. The club don't want the crock so we'll get him signed up to our healthcare program!

Grebbo
18-05-2013, 11:51 AM
I'm all for signing unknown kids, our best teams were built with unknowns.

We need some genuine superstars to win anything though and we all know we're not going to get them.

Niall_Quinn
18-05-2013, 12:00 PM
What's happened to Joe Campbell? Shouldn't he be ready to play the bench role?

It seems like there is no need to take this gamble. He could potentially be another player we can't shift. We've already got Chamakh; a complete shambles and from the moment I saw him play I knew he'd be useless. We've still got Bendy who's shit as well but is probably a better striker than all of the guys we have now, which is bloody pathetic!

If this kid is injury prone in the second division of the French league, he's gonna get his shit handed to him in the Prem. It smells like a Bischoff type of move. Wenger is doing a friend a bloody favour again. The club don't want the crock so we'll get him signed up to our healthcare program!

Last I heard Campbell was looking to make his loan permanent, if this happens we miraculously manage to get less use out of this signing than Park! Something odd going on with our transfer policy in the last couple of years (apart from the obvious). Have we become player brokers? That is, we have no intention of ever using the players ourselves but bring them in at a low price in the hope of moving them on at a profit? Human trafficking if you like.

Power n Glory
18-05-2013, 12:14 PM
:lol:

I think he'll probably end up like Vela. We're still waiting on Ryo and Wellington Silva to make it into the first team squad as well. I can understand the risk and reward factor but it's strategy that hasn't worked out for us at all. The youth policy in general has been a disaster. Most of the players pegged for stardom are struggling to get games. Vela seems to be doing well in Spain but the rest.....

Power n Glory
18-05-2013, 12:24 PM
Also, Park Chu Young! We really need an explanation on that one. He looked no worse than Podolski, Giroud or Chamakh so it had to be some legal issues or personal that really stopped him from playing with us. Maybe the military service nonsense.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-05-2013, 12:30 PM
this is why i want wenger out.

only wenger would do this.

only wenger would take another risk in a long list of fucked up failed risks.

'hes a free so theres no risk' i hear. no, there is every risk. we complain about washing money down the drain in wages yet we make the same mistakes over and over. 'give him time he might turn into a world class player', does recent history prove that? most have been crap. we are taking yet another risk when we really cant afford to take one.

you'd think we'd learn from trudging over the line last season and (maybe) this season. we dont. we always have to do it the bloody hard way. sure this guy might turn into a superstar but it'll take at least 3 years. we dont have that time.

this was supposed to be the summer where everything was changing, where money was apparently flowing in and wenger was apparently going to open the purse strings a bit more.

well its proving to be exactly the same as the last few. he has this deep rooted fixation on finding the next henry, on taking huge risks and he just wont give in from that psychotic fixation.

get a manager in who will buy experienced, proven players. they are not expensive. they are available, no matter what professor nutty says.

this is why i want wenger out.

he's wasting wages and taking risks, wages that could be used by our next manager.

and he has the cheek to complain about why fans are getting on his back. do me a favour.

Gooner23
18-05-2013, 12:32 PM
Didn't we waste a shit load of time on the Campbell deal as well

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-05-2013, 12:39 PM
i mean sure on the basis of one signing it seems like a complete overreaction by most of us. but it isnt. it links into a deep rooted, historical social flaw at this football club that falls on the shoulders of one man.

The Emirates Gallactico
18-05-2013, 12:43 PM
Spot on.

I wish the lad good luck, and feel sorry for him that he will be written off before he's kicked a ball.

BUT this signing does nothing to indicate we're about to change policy and stop rumaging around in the bargain bin. We've got a squad desperately lacking in 'top top quality' and an unproven unknown player from the French second division isn't going to help us challenge for trophies. We don't need a player that could be the next Drogba in 4 years time. Also, he may be a free signing, but how much time will we have wasted scouting and setting up the deal.

The jury is still out on our summer business, but this is a very underwhelming start.

Yeah this. We're wasting time, effort and money with this pointless signing. Why not direct all this effort and time into identifying real available talent that we can acquire that can make an immediate impact. I mean what exactly do Dick Law and his bunch of clowns do? Don't they have people scouting other leagues other than Ligue 1?

No doubt he'd be on high wages for someone of his stature, just like most of our young players which will make it even harder to sell him once we realise he's useless in a few years. We'll probably end up having to perpetually loan him out until his contract runs out thus making no money of the transfer to cover any of his wages and other associated costs like healthcare, agent fees, etc etc. Wellington Silva, Carlos Vela, Gilles Sunu are just some of the examples of this flawed strategy. Mind you, I wouldn't mind taking a punt here and there on these types of transfers but not at the expense of purchasing actual quality and giving Wenger an easy excuse to not bolster the squad .... "It would kill Wellington Silva"

I'll reserve complete judgement until this transfer is confirmed and our transfer activities grind to a halt (if they haven't already) but this is a shockingly poor start. Nothings changed at all.

Cripps_orig
18-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Its not even ligue 1 tbh. Its the 2nd division which makes this move even more laughable.

Kano
18-05-2013, 01:11 PM
What's happened to Joe Campbell?
not doing too badly.

654 goals in 30 games. bring him home.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joel_Campbell

Özil's Panoramic View
18-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Arsenal will attract top players even if we miss out on top four, says Wenger

Arsène Wenger insists Arsenal would still be able to attract the top players to the club in the summer even if they miss out on top four

Arsène Wenger insists Arsenal would still be able to attract the top players to the club in the summer transfer window even if the Gunners fail to qualify for the Champions League.

Arsenal travel to Newcastle United on Sunday knowing that a victory will guarantee a top-four finish and a place in Europe’s elite club competition for next season.
Tottenham could still pip their north London rivals to fourth place should Spurs beat Sunderland and Arsenal fail to win against the Magpies.
But although Wenger accepts that being in the Champions League makes it easier to attract star quality, the Frenchman feels the Gunners would still be able to sign top players before next season.
“It’s easier to attract the players – top, top, top players – if you play in Champions League,” said Wenger.
“But that’s part of the rule of the market. And anyway we have a good team. We will attract one or two players that we want no matter what happens.
“For us we want to be with the best.”
And Wenger insists that the financial benefits of finishing in the top four are not as important as having the chance to compete against Europe’s top teams.
He continued: “There is a difference between the Champions League and Europa League. Why? The Champions League plays with the best teams in Europe and that is what we want to do.
“Yes the financial consequences are big but that is not the most important thing for me.”

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2013/05/arsenal-top-players-top-four-arsene-wenger/?utm_campaign=Twitter&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Twitter

WUMger. :bow:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-05-2013, 01:46 PM
not doing too badly.

is that it? he cant even beat kevin campbell's record of 655 in 30 games?

wenger :doh:

Power n Glory
18-05-2013, 02:48 PM
http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2013/05/arsenal-top-players-top-four-arsene-wenger/?utm_campaign=Twitter&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Twitter

WUMger. :bow:

:lol: We'll still get the same cailbre players regardless of Champions League football. Gervinho, Cazorla, Podoloski, Arteta, Merts, Giroud...it's not as if they're Champs League regulars.

It also worries me that he said we'll attract 'one or two players'.

Niall_Quinn
18-05-2013, 07:25 PM
not doing too badly.

It's 1,654 (that second figure on Wiki is a mistake), also:

He officially debuted in the senior turd's national football team on 5 June 2011

selassie
18-05-2013, 09:48 PM
:lol: We'll still get the same cailbre players regardless of Champions League football. Gervinho, Cazorla, Podoloski, Arteta, Merts, Giroud...it's not as if they're Champs League regulars.

it also worries me that he said we'll attract 'one or two players'.

Thats Arsene for you, he has no intention of strengthening the squad the way most of us want it strengthened. It'll be a couple more "Projects" and maybe one signing of note and that'll be a replacement for Bac.

I do actually think Arsene has a few credible targts lined up, the problem will be that he won't be prepared to pay the market rate for these players.

Özil's Panoramic View
18-05-2013, 10:07 PM
Thats Arsene for you, he has no intention of strengthening the squad the way most of us want it strengthened. It'll be a couple more "Projects" and maybe one signing of note and that'll be a replacement for Bac.

I do actually think Arsene has a few credible targts lined up, the problem will be that he won't be prepared to pay the market rate for these players.

I've always questioned Wenger's so called principles on this. Especially as he's never really had a problem letting go of our better players at prices that reflect the market rate.

Our team is in dire need of proper investment. What's the point of investing in a 1st rate superdome only to pollute it with shit players serving up shit football and a shit virtual trophy?

BOBN
18-05-2013, 10:42 PM
If this yaya deal blocks the signing of higuain im happy. Hes almost as bad as that podolski.

GP
18-05-2013, 10:50 PM
If this yaya deal blocks the signing of higuain im happy. Hes almost as bad as that podolski.

You think Yaya is better than Higuain?

BOBN
18-05-2013, 11:19 PM
Higuain has an opportunity cost.

Yayas a much better signing, plus we have fack all young strikers coming through.

Niall_Quinn
19-05-2013, 12:18 AM

Yep, Yaya is free and probably the best young talent in Europe. He's free and we have been first to discover him, nobody else has twigged so far. And he's free.

Seymour Butts
19-05-2013, 09:31 AM
Yep, Yaya is free and probably the best young talent in Europe. He's free and we have been first to discover him, nobody else has twigged so far. And he's free.

Some of the reactions on this site are quite frankly ridiculous. We have moved to sign a striker with bags of talent on a FREE and you would think that Wenger has come out and said that is the only signing for the start of next season. I appreciate we have a precedent set from previous seasons but seriously give the guy a chance - the season hasn't even finished!

This signing is a no brainier and if you take the time to read up on this guy he is/was one of the hottest properties in Europe till a serious injury. Lots of clubs were moving to sign him before his injury. Sure it is a gamble but its not like we've sold Wilshere/Walcott and bought this fella. He has all the attributes to become a great player if he can stay fit - he's 20 and been bought probably with a view to trying to give him a decent amount of time to develop and get his body right.

I will lay my house on Wenger buying decent players this summer who will be ready to make an impact. With Mancini, Rafa and Fergie gone Wenger will know tht with a few key players added he will not have a better opportunity to get us back to the top!

So please lets panic and bitch and moan when it's OFFICIAL that we are not signing anymore players

Xhaka Can’t
19-05-2013, 10:05 AM
Save yourself a little time next year by bookmarking that post. :good:

BOBN
19-05-2013, 10:28 AM
Some of the reactions on this site are quite frankly ridiculous. We have moved to sign a striker with bags of talent on a FREE and you would think that Wenger has come out and said that is the only signing for the start of next season. I appreciate we have a precedent set from previous seasons but seriously give the guy a chance - the season hasn't even finished!

This signing is a no brainier and if you take the time to read up on this guy he is/was one of the hottest properties in Europe till a serious injury. Lots of clubs were moving to sign him before his injury. Sure it is a gamble but its not like we've sold Wilshere/Walcott and bought this fella. He has all the attributes to become a great player if he can stay fit - he's 20 and been bought probably with a view to trying to give him a decent amount of time to develop and get his body right.

I will lay my house on Wenger buying decent players this summer who will be ready to make an impact. With Mancini, Rafa and Fergie gone Wenger will know tht with a few key players added he will not have a better opportunity to get us back to the top!

So please lets panic and bitch and moan when it's OFFICIAL that we are not signing anymore players
I wouldnt worry about it, people are idiots...

Adam (Elite Member) on January 21st, 2004, 12:05 pm
There is alot of ability out there - can we guarantee that Van Persie is a better prospect than Ryan Smith or Aliadiere?

according to people on the internet we shouldnt have signed RVP because of Ryan Smith :haha:

and then you have people in here saying stuff like "Wenger doesnt care how it looks to the fans". No Shit! :haha:

Marc Overmars
19-05-2013, 10:35 AM
The guy will spend a season in the reserves, play 2 League Cup games, maybe go on loan a few times, before heading back to France in a few years.

I have no reason to believe otherwise until one of these punts come off. He got it right many years ago, but his eye for youth is not what it used to be.

The new Gilles Sunu.

Niall_Quinn
19-05-2013, 11:53 AM
If I was a betting man I'd put big money on Yaya being the next Henry. Thank fuck I'm not a betting man.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
19-05-2013, 12:06 PM

its pretty official tbh. when was the last time wenger bought 2 strikers in the same transfer window?

we needed a top striker to fit into our system, to help us push on next season and give giroud a real run for his money.

this was supposed to be the year wenger was changing his ways. even if this player turns out good, the fact wenger took yet another risk when we are in no position whatsoever to take risks having limped over the finishing line over the past 2 seasons (hope im not tempting fate) shows how stupid, immoral and completely negligent he is. to him it seems like its just a big joke. he's so obsessed in finding the next henry and getting praise for turning nothing into something that he's become blind to the realities of the modern world. lost all aspect of common sense.

we've ended up with another injury prone, young, raw striker. im not a genius but that smacks of idiocy.

he hasnt even played 5 consecutive games in his career :haha:

Power n Glory
19-05-2013, 01:34 PM
We all hope this kid turns out to be a gem but it's very doubtful when you look at our track record over the past 9 years. You can't blame people for being skeptical.

Also, I highly doubt Wenger will buy another striker whilst we still have Giroud, Pod, Walcott and Gervinho as options. He's probably going to tinker with new positions during the pre-season and see what combos work well. As much as we talk about spending money this summer, Wenger likes to give players too many chances and I'm pretty sure he'll convince himself that Giroud and Pod will be better next year once they've adapted to the league.

The same goes for the midfield. Ramsey is showing promise and he's frozen Coquelin out just to keep Ramsey playing, Wilshere isn't getting dropped, Cazorla has had a good season....Wenger will have to make some major calls in the summer. He will have to drop a big earner to the bench and I just don't see that happening unless there are major injuries or sales.

Cripps_orig
19-05-2013, 03:52 PM

So please lets panic and bitch and moan when it's OFFICIAL that we are not signing anymore playerscan i see what your house looks like?

Munchies
19-05-2013, 05:44 PM
Alright now, who should be shipped out and who do we need ?
Out frm the top of my head; Chamakh/Bendnter/Denilson/Squilachi/Sagna
In : Jovetic , a CDM/ Dortmunds RB

We had a £70m 'warchest' before today, so we now have a '100 million warchest' :lol:

Niall_Quinn
19-05-2013, 05:47 PM
70mill war chest is code for £3 war thimble

milla
19-05-2013, 05:47 PM
Alright now, who should be shipped out and who do we need ?
Out frm the top of my head; Chamakh/Bendnter/Denilson/Squilachi/Sagna
In : Jovetic , a CDM/ Dortmunds RB

CF, creative wide forward/midfield, defensive midfield. :coffee:

Munchies
19-05-2013, 05:49 PM
Tried to get onto Jovetic's stats, and I see this
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_l0n1ddpQ2FE/Rvt_C9HBKDI/AAAAAAAAAYg/pHbyCCAJAOA/s320/Stevan+Jovetic.jpg

:haha:

115 games, 34 goals.

Is he what we need ?

McNamara That Ghost...
19-05-2013, 05:51 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_l0n1ddpQ2FE/Rvt_C9HBKDI/AAAAAAAAAYg/pHbyCCAJAOA/s320/Stevan+Jovetic.jpg

115 games, 34 games.

Is he what we need ?

http://i43.tinypic.com/2zr1her.jpg

Marc Overmars
19-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Camping out in this thread for the next 3 months. :bow:

milla
19-05-2013, 05:54 PM

115 games, 34 goals.

Is he what we need ?

I reckon he can score with his chin. :coffee:

milla
19-05-2013, 05:57 PM
Camping out in this thread for the next 3 months. :bow:

Wait till Wumger light out the camp with mosquito coil. :coffee:

Master Splinter
19-05-2013, 05:59 PM
CF, creative wide forward/midfield, defensive midfield. :coffee:

This, plus someone in defence if Sagan/Vermaelen leave.

Actually, maybe two defenders if WengBOT keeps snubbing GHELkinson.

Munchies
19-05-2013, 06:02 PM
Santos is another player we need to get rid of, just remembered him.

Master Splinter
19-05-2013, 06:02 PM
We had a £70m 'warchest' before today, so we now have a '100 million warchest' :lol:

Do not forget we have also Koscielny to sell for £30m.

milla
19-05-2013, 06:03 PM
This, plus someone in defence if Sagan/Vermaelen leave.

Actually, maybe two defenders if WengBOT keeps snubbing GHELkinson.

Nah,, Corporal Jenkinson is perfect replacement for Sagan. He is good solid defender and english too which means he can foul players gazillion times before his first yellow card. Not sure with TV5 though, I would like him to stay but if Barcelona bid for him, Wumger would definitely sell. :coffee:

milla
19-05-2013, 06:05 PM
Do not forget we have also Koscielny to sell for £30m.

Kos to Munich, Sagan to PSG, TV5 to Barcelona, Ramsey to Cardiff, Cazorla to Madrid... kkkkkkkkaaaaaccccchhhhhiiiiiinnnnnggggg!!! :coffee:

Dennis Bendtner
19-05-2013, 06:05 PM
Two quality players in attack. We're talking shit hot here. That's the level needed to make a difference. Sign them up.

Cripps_orig
19-05-2013, 06:06 PM
Need a keeper for sure

Right back for sure.

Baines at left back. Cover at CB.

Defensive midfielder and an attacking one

striker

Munchies
19-05-2013, 06:28 PM
Mignolet from Sunderland is pretty good as a keeper, either starting or as a back up, or even Guzan, he/Benteke have been the reason why Villa have been safe.

Munchies
20-05-2013, 10:48 AM
Done Deal: Arsenal to Complete £24m Deal to Sign Stevan Jovetic Striker This Week

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/05/20/done-deal-arsenal-to-complete-24m-deal-to-sign-stevan-jovetic-striker-this-week/

£24m abit much isn't it ? 115 games, 30 or so goals isn't that great.

I_Killed_Kenny
20-05-2013, 10:55 AM
fucking hope not. from not spending on top quality players to spending over the top amount for a decent player - no thanks.

GP
20-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Caughtoffside :lol:

The only site worse than goal.com

Grebbo
20-05-2013, 11:08 AM
fucking hope not. from not spending on top quality players to spending over the top amount for a decent player - no thanks.

Have you ever seen him play?

Gooner23
20-05-2013, 11:15 AM

I haven't.

Whats the fuss about? His goal record isn't great, is he the kind of player to take us forward?

LDG
20-05-2013, 11:19 AM
Oooh I can't wait for all the speculation.

Grebbo
20-05-2013, 11:22 AM
If Juventus and City want him he must be pretty decent.

I think he's the type of player we can realistically buy. We can't get players like Cavani/Falcao/Ronaldo etc so we need to buy players who are very good with the potential to become great.

I_Killed_Kenny
20-05-2013, 11:42 AM

yes i have and wasnt overly impressed. But will admit i havent seen him play loads, just not been great when i have seen him.

quite frankly if giroud is getting slated for not taking his chances then why do we want someone that has a similar/worse strike rate? cos he has good touch?

i cant see anything in his game that would make me think it compensates for his lack of goals to justify that price tag IMHO

wouldnt happen but marcus reus is the one I want if you are wanting a similar player to jovetic.

Grebbo
20-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Is Jovetic even a striker? I thought he was an attacking midfielder? His stats aren't that bad if he's an AM.

Rosicky and Diaby are Rosicky and Diaby so I'm not going to complain if Wenger buys an attacking midfielder.

I_Killed_Kenny
20-05-2013, 11:57 AM
yep he is. or is listed that way on Sky Sports. he played/plays up front for montenegro as well i think.

Power n Glory
20-05-2013, 12:09 PM
It looks like he's big and strong enough to play the target man but technically superior to what we have now. I’d have no complaints. The strike rate doesn’t look great but I think he’d get goals for us and really help others get goals too.

I_Killed_Kenny
20-05-2013, 12:28 PM
what about dzeko? proven in the prem as well. i rate him quite highly. surely he is quite a realistic target.

Seymour Butts
20-05-2013, 12:53 PM
Personally i would love to see Higuain, a new LB and Cesc back in an arsenal shirt. I think Merts and Kos have all the ingredients to become a very very good partnership. I also think that Jenkinson would step up to the plate at LB so maybe just need to buy someone as back up. I think Higuain would be a smash hit in the PL. By adding Cesc to Arteta and Wilshere in the middle we have 3 midfielders that have a good enough all round game not to need a dedicated DM

Fist of Lehmann
20-05-2013, 12:56 PM
Personally i would love to see Higuain, a new LB and Cesc back in an arsenal shirt. I think Merts and Kos have all the ingredients to become a very very good partnership. I also think that Jenkinson would step up to the plate at LB so maybe just need to buy someone as back up. I think Higuain would be a smash hit in the PL. By adding Cesc to Arteta and Wilshere in the middle we have 3 midfielders that have a good enough all round game not to need a dedicated DMBy LB you mean RB yeah?

GP
20-05-2013, 12:59 PM
Cesc, a striker and a RB will be great business this summer.

Seymour Butts
20-05-2013, 01:12 PM
By LB you mean RB yeah?

Indeed!

Niall_Quinn
20-05-2013, 01:19 PM
Just bid £70mill for Ronaldo and be done with it. 10 years of transfer kitty stashed somewhere, find it and spend the fucker. We need a super star at this club to put us back on the map and change the mentality. We won't get Ronaldo but a serious bid would be a big signal for the type of players we might get. And I don't mean "can also play there" tippy-tappers, I mean a dedicated striker, a dedicated DM, a dedicated CB. In fact we probably need two strikers because the ones we have are shit.

Gooner23
20-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Where have all these Cesc rumours come from? Is it even remotely realistic?

Niall_Quinn
20-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Where have all these Cesc rumours come from? Is it even remotely realistic?

Haven't spotted even the slightest credible sign he's coming back here. All media BS by the look of it.

Munchies
20-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Just put in a bid for Bale, we got what he doesn't have, it'd be awesome.

GP
20-05-2013, 01:32 PM
Just put in a bid for Bale, we got what he doesn't have, it'd be awesome.

You pay peanuts, you get monkeys :good:

Gooner23
20-05-2013, 02:00 PM

:clap:

Seymour Butts
20-05-2013, 03:14 PM
Haven't spotted even the slightest credible sign he's coming back here. All media BS by the look of it.

They are probably not credible but if there is the slightest possibility he is available then I think we should be staking our claim early doors. If indeed he is not available I am not sure what DM's are available - Mvila seems to have fallen off everyones radar andf I have not seen him play that often. However, Marcel Desaiily said that if he were a PL manager he would absolutely break the bank to sign him .....not a bad endorsement! Who is available and who would people like to see at the club in CM?

Xhaka Can’t
20-05-2013, 06:31 PM

:clap:

The Emirates Gallactico
20-05-2013, 07:44 PM
AST meeting happened tonight:

Darren ‏@DarrenArsenal1 1h
New revenues Puma/Emirates can pretty much be used to fund long term transfers/Wages.

Property and Player Transfers have been plugging club financial deficits,not now needed with new deals coming through

Bottom limit of £70m available for transfers with up to £100m if they really wanted to be ambitious without causing any issue.

No excuses for not spending.

GP
20-05-2013, 07:48 PM
Hopefully now people can stop with the ludicrous nonsense that it was Wenger's choice to be frugal.

We will spend this summer.

Xhaka Can’t
20-05-2013, 07:52 PM
Hopefully now people can stop with the ludicrous nonsense that it was Wenger's choice to be frugal.

Hopefully he'll be able to afford a coat with a fully functional zipper.

Marc Overmars
20-05-2013, 07:53 PM
Maybe part of the Puma deal is for them to add the sleeping bag coat to their line of sportswear.

GP
20-05-2013, 07:57 PM
Wenger chooses not to work his zipper correctly.

The Emirates Gallactico
20-05-2013, 08:03 PM
https://twitter.com/DarrenArsenal1

Few other interesting tidbits

JohnCross "Mata was a done deal,but Arsene Wenger dithered and bang Chelsea moved and he signed for Chelsea"

Confirms our suspicions :(

JohnCross "Sahin again was done, medical and photos done, and when it came time to complete Arsene changed his mind"

Judging by how good Sahin has been for Liverpool, thank fuck for that.

JohnCross"if Arsene is offered a new deal I believe he will sign it"

If we push on to the next level, this is great news.

Ollie the Optimist
20-05-2013, 08:09 PM

The mata is so simple. Chelsea offered a fuck ton of money and he went for that. No other reason. No one picks Chelsea over us for any other reason then more money

GP
20-05-2013, 08:13 PM
The Mata one is bullshit. Terms were never agreed. With the player or club.

Maestro
20-05-2013, 08:14 PM
Leandro Damiao? anyone? no?

GP
20-05-2013, 08:15 PM
Leandro Damiao? anyone? no?

Sure, if only to piss of Spurs.

Never seen him play, mind.

Maestro
20-05-2013, 08:19 PM
Sure, if only to piss of Spurs.

Never seen him play, mind.

now we've got two reasons to sign him

1. piss of off spurs
2. good player

let's start a rumour

Marc Overmars
20-05-2013, 08:19 PM
The mata is so simple. Chelsea offered a fuck ton of money and he went for that. No other reason. No one picks Chelsea over us for any other reason then more money

In the time we've won nothing, they've won the lot, that might also have something to do with it.

As for Mata, I'm convinced there was strong possibility to sign him, I remember reading a lot about his contract situation at Valencia. We missed out because we were caught up in the Cesc and Nasri situations. That ruined us that summer, hence going mental in the last few days of the transfer window.

Kano
20-05-2013, 08:26 PM
not sure what difference signing mata would've had on last or this seasons results. cazorla assisted and scored pretty much the same amount but we had no real quality striker to make the most of it - which is also the reason we finished just behind them. last season, our defence was a joke as usual, so if we had him, he would've been wasted.

Niall_Quinn
20-05-2013, 09:45 PM
AST meeting happened tonight:

No excuses for not spending.

All very well having money but there are very few top, top, top, top, top, top, top players around.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-05-2013, 09:55 PM
‏@DarrenArsenal1
PR from club over stadium, debts and money not "just with journalists" and message is that signings are all down to AW, he makes decisions.

no. park was signed by the board for marketing reasons.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-05-2013, 09:56 PM
‏@DarrenArsenal1
Winning the playoff to go through to CL group stage is worth an added £35m-40m.

bank :bow:

Cripps_orig
20-05-2013, 11:10 PM
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, 63, will be able to spend £70m in the summer as a clear-out could knock more than £350,000 a week off the wage bill.
Full story: Daily Mirror

There's that mythical £70m figure again

If that figure was a player, he'd be Cazorla.

Japan Shaking All Over
21-05-2013, 12:44 AM
There's that mythical £70m figure again

If that figure was a player, he'd be Cazorla.

Shit Cripps, I've only just woken up. . . .dont put me to sleep again!

Munchies
21-05-2013, 12:54 AM
‏@DarrenArsenal1
Winning the playoff to go through to CL group stage is worth an added £35m-40m.

bank :bow:

Hope we get someone easy then . We had Udinese last time , not an easy task.

mastermind84
21-05-2013, 04:27 AM

believing this lying idiot Cross, and that spacker Darren Arsenal

Real Madrid planning record-breaking £120m bid for Lionel Messi - World Exclusive (http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Real-Madrid-planning-record-breaking-120million-bid-for-Barcelona-star-Lionel-Messi-World-Exclusive-article417589.html)

Bless you all:rose:

Japan Shaking All Over
21-05-2013, 05:46 AM

Pretty much.

Ollie the Optimist
21-05-2013, 10:38 AM
italian journalist tancredi palmeri ( @tancredipalmeri) has just tweeted that we have tabled a €30 million bid for jovetic yesterday. says player keen to move, florentina have asked for a few days to see if juve will raise the offer, if not, assume he will be ours

McNamara That Ghost...
21-05-2013, 10:46 AM
He's on his way. :bow:

Weird Al. :bow:

The Emirates Gallactico
21-05-2013, 10:59 AM
Looks like the Jovetic thing is really serious. He looked really good a few seasons ago when he first burst onto the scene but I haven't heard much from his since then, though that could be more to do with me not following football as much as I used to.

In any case, I hope we wrap this up soon before someone else become alerted or interested. Glad to see that we've identified a key problem area and are looking at some top quality available solution instead of another bargain bucket selection.

GP
21-05-2013, 11:04 AM
Another sign of our supposed intent is that we have gone in with an offer at their asking price, instead of the usual nickle and dime approach.

Ollie the Optimist
21-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Another sign of our supposed intent is that we have gone in with an offer at their asking price, instead of the usual nickle and dime approach.

:gp:

if this rumour is true, it shows huge intent. straight in with the big money, the day after the season ended. exciting times

BOBN
21-05-2013, 11:12 AM
dont know much about this guy but he looked trash against england.

but hes not that fraud higuian so im up for it.

Gooner23
21-05-2013, 11:13 AM
How good is he though?

Is he a genuine upgrade on Giroud? I hope so.

The Emirates Gallactico
21-05-2013, 11:15 AM
How good is he though?

From what I know of him he's definitely an upgrade on Giroud and current Podolski. Just more talented and capable of moments of real attacking quality. It would be interesting though to hear from people who've seen him play more often though.

Marc Overmars
21-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Don't know a great deal about him either but he seems to be technically sound and also capable of scoring a range of goals.

Good start to the summer if we can get him in the bag early.

selassie
21-05-2013, 01:28 PM
How good is he though?

Yep he's a miles better player than Giroud IMHO.

He's an established 2nd tier type player, like at say Mata or Hazard level, could turn into a World Class Player if developed properly, I.E. Top 5 in his position

I like him a lot from what I have seen of him, technically excellent, quite strong, quick, actually OK in the air too. Can play in a number of different attacking positions. His number are OK for a striker, could see him scoring 20+ if he has a storming season though.

In the current market he's most def a 20-25million pound player.

Would be very happy with this purchase.

Özil's Panoramic View
21-05-2013, 01:47 PM
Not so sure €30 mil is much of a good punt on a striker who's only managed 39 goals in 160+ games over 5 seasons.

That stat sounds more befitting of an ACM. Are you guys sure he's a striker?

Japan Shaking All Over
21-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Media over here, obviously a bit behind you guys but saying he is our absolute first choice but saying we may not be his as he prefers Juve hence the wait and see what Juve do period. . .

Another 'story' is Wenger's 'Im nit saying no, just no comment' regarding Rooney shows there may be more to it

One more Cesar is as good as done deal

Just stories so dont shoot the messenger

selassie
21-05-2013, 01:53 PM
He's like a 2nd striker, out and out type. He's not a prolific scorer over there but he knows where the goal is, I reckon he'll score a fair few for us assuming he joins.

RVP's stats were similar to his at the same age. ;)

selassie
21-05-2013, 01:54 PM
Not so sure €30 mil is much of a good punt on a striker who's only managed 39 goals in 160+ games over 5 seasons.

That stat sounds more befitting of an ACM. Are you guys sure he's a striker?

He's like a 2nd striker, out and out type. He's not a prolific scorer over there but he knows where the goal is, I reckon he'll score a fair few for us assuming he joins.

Master Splinter
21-05-2013, 01:55 PM
Wenget turned Adebayor into a 30-goal striker.

Jovetic should get 50 at least.

Seriously though, even if Wenger has lost his player development magic recently (although Nasri is the last special talent we bought), even a pub-teamer can get into healthy goal figures for us so someone as talented as Jovetic should start combing them in with regularity. He should be quite assisty too.

Master Splinter
21-05-2013, 02:04 PM

For a team like us, someone who links the midfield and attack effortlessly like RVC did and presumably Jovetic is being hauled in to do, is far more important than an out-and-out goalscorer. The fact that we've had players develop into goal machines on top of that has been a bonus. Hopefully the bonus is instant with Jovetic. Having second-season Giroud and Podolski more attuned to the League and Walcott being a more decisive player now should in theory mean there's not too much burden on him either, especially if he's playing alongside them rather than being the central figure.

GP
21-05-2013, 02:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmCCW4kATDU

Master Splinter
21-05-2013, 02:18 PM
Can someone do a 'Welcome to Arsenal' video for Falcao please?

And update his Wikipedia page.

Grebbo
21-05-2013, 02:47 PM
There's a Jovetic thread that's been going since 2009 on RedCafe if anyone isn't sure who Jovetic is:

http://www.redcafe.net/f9/stevan-jovetic-268885/

Master Splinter
21-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Injury-prone Yaya Sanogo on his proposed move to Arsenal:

"Arsenal could be a great club for me, I scored nine goals this season with Auxerre and they think I can improve my level in England," he told Sky Sports.

"I am pleased to be following in the footsteps of Abou Diaby who came through from Auxerre.

"There are many teams interested in me, but Arsenal is my choice."
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8726377/Transfer-News-Yaya-Sanogo-ready-for-Arsenal-move

:haha: :haha:

He must be WUMger's son.

Power n Glory
21-05-2013, 03:27 PM
:lol: I thought you were making it up.

Grebbo
21-05-2013, 03:52 PM

Marc Overmars
21-05-2013, 04:06 PM
Radamel Falcao has the full backing of Atletico Madrid as he is set to choose his next club this summer.

The Colombia international is regarded as the best striker on the planet and has been linked with the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea and Monaco in recent months.

Atletico chief executive Miguel Angel Gil Marin insists that, having already replaced stars such as Diego Forlan and Sergio Aguero, he is relaxed about the player's exit and admitted that the club had agreed to allow him to leave if he stayed for this season.

"Atletico knows how to change good strikers," Marin told Sky Sports. "Fernando Torres, Forlan, Aguero and now Falcao.

"We don't know who exactly will be the next one but we know Atletico will have a strong team next season.

"Before the start of the season we talked with the player and we promised him that if he kept the same performance and helped us to the UEFA Champions League, Atletico would help him.

"Every decision that he takes, Atletico will be with him."

Falcao has scored 70 goals in two seasons at Atletico and has succeeded in helping secure Champions League football for the club with the Madrid outfit set to finish third in La Liga.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8725514/Atletico-Madrid-are-happy-to-let-Radamel-Falcao-move-on-in-the-summer

Come on Wenget.

Power n Glory
21-05-2013, 04:15 PM
That's not going to happen. We were linked with him before his move to Porto but it's highly unlikely that he'd choose us now.

GP
21-05-2013, 04:18 PM
He has some weird 3rd party ownership deal, which isn't allowed by the FA. He'd be too far out of reach.

BOBN
21-05-2013, 04:33 PM
[url]"Atletico knows how to change good strikers," Marin told Sky Sports. "Fernando Torres, Forlan, Aguero and now Falcao.

Come on Wenget.
We should get the guy these guys are planning to get.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-05-2013, 04:34 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/21/napoli-manchester-city-edinson-cavani

FFS.

Falcao ending up going to Chelsea would be a shitter.

Grebbo
21-05-2013, 04:53 PM
Falcao and Cavani in the Prem next year

:faint:

I think Fergie was right to retire!

fakeyank
21-05-2013, 06:00 PM
Time for Carlton Cole to come home

Özil's Panoramic View
21-05-2013, 06:08 PM
Injury-prone Yaya Sanogo on his proposed move to Arsenal:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8726377/Transfer-News-Yaya-Sanogo-ready-for-Arsenal-move

:haha: :haha:

He must be WUMger's son.

:lol:

At least he's put our medical staff on high alert way ahead of time.

Ollie the Optimist
21-05-2013, 06:10 PM
Falcao and Cavani in the Prem next year

:faint:

I think Fergie was right to retire!

imagine if wumger pulled the ultimate wum and signed them both

quadruple would be ours :cloud9:

Cripps_orig
21-05-2013, 07:02 PM
Good player Jovetic but not an out and out striker.

Did well v England though.

Özil's Panoramic View
21-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Even M'Villa to Arsenal rumours starting to heavily make the rounds again.

Silly season. :bow:

Marc Overmars
21-05-2013, 07:37 PM
M'Vila. :lol:

I remember him.

Isn't he slumming it in Russia now?

Munchies
21-05-2013, 07:57 PM
M'Vila. :lol:

I remember him.

Isn't he slumming it in Russia now?

Ah yes, he was first being listed at £17m, then no one wanted him, price went even lower, no one wanted him.

QPR were pretty close to getting him, he went to Russia for £8m and better wages.

Over-rated I gather, but I'd rather him than Arteta in the CDM role.

Kano
21-05-2013, 08:45 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/21/napoli-manchester-city-edinson-cavani

FFS.

Falcao ending up going to Chelsea would be a shitter.
would he leave atletico to join a team managed by the previous real boss?

McNamara That Ghost...
21-05-2013, 09:25 PM
would he leave atletico to join a team managed by the previous real boss?

No idea in truth, I mean he went to Atletico from Porto which was a surprise in itself.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-05-2013, 09:41 PM
people really rate jovetic on redcafe. the best comment was 'he reminds me of rooney, drops deep, links up play and can finish'. this is exactly what we need, a van persie type player who is good at build up play and agile. something different from the mechanic giroud who as someone put it, turns like a cruise ship. bit worried about his goalscoring ratio but if wenger can get badebayor to score 30 goals in a season then he can do anything tbh. he had a knack of getting players who had potential to perform and turn them into a superstar.

hope he comes

which means we'll probably end up with sanogo :doh:

Cripps_orig
21-05-2013, 09:43 PM
Sanogo :lol:

Hasn't joined yet and he's already turned the fans against him. Impressive

Injury Time
21-05-2013, 10:03 PM
Sanogo :lol:

Hasn't joined yet and he's already turned the fans against him. Impressive
It's pronounced SayNoGo FFS

Cripps_orig
21-05-2013, 10:07 PM
Being strongly linked with Higuain.

Make this happen. Exactly what we need.

AKBapologist
21-05-2013, 10:42 PM
Higuain or Jovetic?

Isn't Higuain one of the best natural finishers in the world?

Could we get both if someone left?

Cripps_orig
21-05-2013, 10:43 PM
Higuain is the better finisher.

Jovetic the better all round player.

We need a finisher more.

Get both though.

Giroud :wave:

AKBapologist
21-05-2013, 10:45 PM
Higuain is the better finisher.

Jovetic the better all round player.

We need a finisher more.

Get both though.

Giroud :wave:
Sounds like podolski looks like he wants out from what I've heard.

Cripps_orig
21-05-2013, 11:00 PM
Heard that too.

Hope it's not true.

He's quality. Can see why he wants out though. Been treated very shabbily by Wenger.

AKBapologist
21-05-2013, 11:04 PM
Heard that too.

Hope it's not true.

He's quality. Can see why he wants out though. Been treated very shabbily by Wenger.
Wasn't he just injured all the time? Or did his impression of a midfielder not go down too well?

AKBapologist
21-05-2013, 11:12 PM
Jovetic is 23, damn.
Higuain is only 25?

Barely in their prime, and both available for under 30mill? Madness if he doesn't do both, especially considering we're getting rig of so much trash this summer.

Grebbo
21-05-2013, 11:32 PM
Got a feeling the boss will play Jovetic as a number 10 with Walcott in front of him.

Munchies
21-05-2013, 11:40 PM
We've 'balked' at the price tag now :haha:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2328703/Arsenal-balk-Stevan-Jovetic-s-25m-price-tag-Fiorentina-dig-heels.html

Seems way over the top though, alot of money.

Power n Glory
22-05-2013, 07:33 AM
Got a feeling the boss will play Jovetic as a number 10 with Walcott in front of him.

I highly doubt that. He's been trying to get this system to work for ages. It's what attracted him to sign Chamakh and Giroud. He wants a strong player in the centre that can also create goals.

Power n Glory
22-05-2013, 07:35 AM
We've 'balked' at the price tag now :haha:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2328703/Arsenal-balk-Stevan-Jovetic-s-25m-price-tag-Fiorentina-dig-heels.html

Seems way over the top though, alot of money.

I bet he goes to Juve. We're not getting him if we're going to haggle.

BOBN
22-05-2013, 08:03 AM
I bet he goes to Juve. We're not getting him if we're going to haggle.
Why shouldnt we haggle? Window isnt even open yet but we gotta steam in and get bummed.

United and Barca haggled for RVP and Cesc and it didnt do them any harm.

BOBN
22-05-2013, 08:16 AM
Sounds like podolski looks like he wants out from what I've heard.

Would be a dream come true. Huge mistake by Wenger and frees space for proper players. If we keep him we are locked into averageness up top. Even Giroud you could see forming part of a top squad as a plan B.

In terms of talent Podolski is probably the worst player Wenger signed over 8 million/whatever Jeffers cost. Plus hes the laziest German ever.

Grebbo
22-05-2013, 08:21 AM

Yeah but we're not Barca or United, we're a far less attractive option. RVP didn't want to join anyone else other than Manure whereas you get the feeling that a top player will only join Arsenal if the top clubs don't come in for him.

I read today that Mourinho wants him at Chelsea, if that's true then Jovetic will go to Chelsea.

I think our only hope of signing top players this summer is to strike early whilst the competition have no managers. And be prepared to pay over the odds. At the end of the day if you get your first choice striker target but have to pay £5m too much for him then who cares??

Power n Glory
22-05-2013, 08:35 AM
Why shouldnt we haggle? Window isnt even open yet but we gotta steam in and get bummed.

You can afford to do that if you’re a players first choice. RVP wanted to go to United and it was the same for Cesc going to Barca. I doubt we’re his first choice and if Juve make a bid that’s accepted, I doubt he’d turn down the current Italian champions for us.

I don’t want to see a repeat of all the other summers where we haggle over peanuts and end up with nobody. I want zero excuses this summer. The club have said they mean business and they better be about it this year. No crawling back with their tails between their legs back tracking saying ‘we tried’ and the usual guff.

Power n Glory
22-05-2013, 08:39 AM
Would be a dream come true. Huge mistake by Wenger and frees space for proper players. If we keep him we are locked into averageness up top. Even Giroud you could see forming part of a top squad as a plan B.

In terms of talent Podolski is probably the worst player Wenger signed over 8 million/whatever Jeffers cost. Plus hes the laziest German ever.

I agree. It wouldn’t be a crushing blow if we sold him. He doesn’t fit into our system at all. I had high hopes for him playing the striker role but he’s worse than Giroud because he doesn’t work as hard as him.

Power n Glory
22-05-2013, 08:39 AM
Yeah but we're not Barca or United, we're a far less attractive option. RVP didn't want to join anyone else other than Manure whereas you get the feeling that a top player will only join Arsenal if the top clubs don't come in for him.

I read today that Mourinho wants him at Chelsea, if that's true then Jovetic will go to Chelsea.

I think our only hope of signing top players this summer is to strike early whilst the competition have no managers. And be prepared to pay over the odds. At the end of the day if you get your first choice striker target but have to pay £5m too much for him then who cares??

Yep, I agree with that. We need to do business early.

BOBN
22-05-2013, 08:40 AM

Fair points, my thing is £25m sounds a lot and the pressure from everywhere of being Wenger/Arsenals first mega-signing will be huge and this guy comes across as an airy-fairy developing player. At £19.75m he might be able to fly under the radar a little.

And I looked on youtube this morning and he didnt do any mega-goals so yep, I prefer £19.75m.

selassie
22-05-2013, 08:45 AM

This, we're going to need to overpay if we want top talent.

Japan Shaking All Over
22-05-2013, 08:55 AM
The fact that we are seemlingly playing our hand a early as this tells me we want to get him in befoe the others get a whiff, it makes sense as we are come unstuck in th past. The othe PL teams re sorting thei managers out so you can ay we have a little time to haggle but not much.

I think the Viola digging their heels speech is imed at Juve and seeing if they will, it could also be gent games at the moment it is between us and them, with s showing the apparent more interest.

We have also named others that w are interested in if we lose out on first options, tht also shiws we are trying for early doors business

selassie
22-05-2013, 09:03 AM
The fact that we are seemlingly playing our hand a early as this tells me we want to get him in befoe the others get a whiff, it makes sense as we are come unstuck in th past. The othe PL teams re sorting thei managers out so you can ay we have a little time to haggle but not much.

I think the Viola digging their heels speech is imed at Juve and seeing if they will, it could also be gent games at the moment it is between us and them, with s showing the apparent more interest.

We have also named others that w are interested in if we lose out on first options, tht also shiws we are trying for early doors business

Yep, my only worry is that if this drags on I suspect more clubs will get involved.

For all we know it could be a deliberate tactic from Fiorentina, though I did read that they have denied Arsenal have made any contact which could be an agreement made between both clubs whilst negotiations continue.

I really don't think they will sell him to Juve.

I also read this morning which is very worrying that Mourinho likes him and wants him at Chelsea, if this is true then we can forget about signing him.

Grebbo
22-05-2013, 09:13 AM
I also have doubts as to how much a club not having a manager affects the players decision or the club's transfer strategy. Clubs like City and Chelsea sign the players, the manager does not. Didn't Hazard join Chelsea when they were managerless when he had his pick of clubs? Not even the mighty SAF was attractive enough for him. Says it all.

I don't think the top players care about managers. They're used to a manager leaving after a season anyway. Top players go to the club paying the best wages which is also usually a club in the running to win things.

Chelsea probably only want Jovetic as a squad player, they have far bigger fish to fry eg Falcao.

Marc Overmars
22-05-2013, 09:17 AM
Juve should piss off tbh, they already have Llorente coming.

Maybe they want revenge after we got one over them with Dennis Bendtner.

LDG
22-05-2013, 09:37 AM
Overpay, IF, and only IF the player is worth it.

I haven't seen a great deal from Jovetic, but is he really 25mil? That's what RVP was worth....is he as good?

Look, transfer fees are not set in stone, I know, but I do know that every player has a sensible value, and I'm sorry, but if we believe their price (assuming this isn't all UTTER BOLLOCKS) is too high (25% mark-up!!!) then fucking right we should haggle.

We're a business. We don't have the choice of spunking cash with no recourse.

Yes, we should be more active and competetive, but that doesn't mean we have to get raped at the same time.

Grebbo
22-05-2013, 10:17 AM
I haven't seen a great deal from Jovetic, but is he really 25mil? That's what RVP was worth....is he as good?

Well he wont be as good as RVP but RVP is 29 and had one year left on his contract when we sold him. If RVP was 23 like Jovetic is and had 3 years left on his deal he'd have been worth £50m.

The fact that City tried to sign Jovetic last summer and Juventus and possibly Chelsea want to sign him this summer should tell you how good Jovetic is.

Power n Glory
22-05-2013, 10:46 AM
How many top players can we get for £20m?

Throw in Chamakh, Denilson and Bendy to sweeten the deal!

Lord Nelson
22-05-2013, 10:54 AM
How many top players can we get for £20m?

Throw in Chamakh, Denilson and Bendy to sweeten the deal!

Dont worry, it wont happen with teams like Chavski....
:wave:
http://football-talk.co.uk/79064/chelsea-tipped-to-hijack-arsenals-25m-move-for-stevan-jovetic/

selassie
22-05-2013, 11:12 AM

Look, transfer fees are not set in stone, I know, but I do know that every player has a sensible value, and I'm sorry, but if we believe their price (assuming this isn't all UTTER BOLLOCKS) is too high (25% mark-up!!!) then fucking right we should haggle.

Yes, we should be more active and competetive, but that doesn't mean we have to get raped at the same time.

Of course I get where you are coming from LDG, but Jovetic really is a top talent. 20-25million is what you pay for top talents these days.

The club that signs him will have a really good player on their hands. He's been on the scene since he was 18 and has always been tipped for BIG things.

Of course we shouldn't be paying double what he's worth but the fact that we seem quite happy to pay at least 20 million for him tells me that we value him very highly. Missing out for the sake of 5 million would be silly IMHO.

Moreover, City had bids rejected for him last summer and it seems Juve and Chelsea are on his case.

The only way we will get him is by paying the market rate and being extremely proactive in our negotiations.

LDG
22-05-2013, 11:24 AM
Well if 25 million is reflective of his worth, then fine :shrug:

I should also have said, we shouldn't undervalue a player too....

I guess what I'm getting at, is that I want us to be proactive, use the cash we have, and to the best of our ability. And by that, I mean negotiating a lot more forcefully than we have. But there are also plenty of examples of big fees being paid, for very little reward.

At this point in time, Fiorentina have said that they have had no contact from Arsenal at all, so it's all rather sketchy at best.

Look, we've a net spend of 9mil over ten years (blah) and we've hit the top four (blah) every (blah) year. That to me says that we do have some nouse. What we haven't done is maximised our potential in order to go that extra yard. I believe we will spend more this summer, but I also think we have to be realistic as well. We'll spend a few quid, I'm sure, and I'm convinced there will be a couple of signings to get excited about....but this suicidal behaviour if we don't rape our bank account for a player who is "potentially" great....I dunno....let's just not get carried away.

Grebbo
22-05-2013, 11:48 AM
Geoff Arsenal ‏@GeoffArsenal 2h
From what i'm hearing Afc are not prepared to meet Jovetic €30m buy out clause. Afc value him at £20-22m tops. Fior trying to up interest.

Sounds like we're stuck in our old ways of haggling. You cannot haggle for top players. Some club will always pay the going rate.

Sigh.

The only way you can haggle for top players is if it's on the last day of the transfer window and the player's about to go on strike or you buy from a cash strapped club having a fire sale eg Cazorla.

Özil's Panoramic View
22-05-2013, 12:01 PM
Geoff. :haha:

Alwful Jeff.

Wasnt he the one who was confident of $30 mil signing in January of a player who still remains anonymous?

Have no idea why you guys pay these frauds any mind.

Grebbo
22-05-2013, 12:05 PM
Geoff's pretty good tbh. He said Chamberlain would be playing if Arteta didn't pass his fitness test. I don't think many would have predicted that.

He said we bid £30m for someone but yeah I dunno why he didn't reveal who. Does sound like bullshit tbh.

LDG
22-05-2013, 12:09 PM
It's only May 22nd :doh:

selassie
22-05-2013, 12:50 PM
It's only May 22nd :doh:

We want signings and we want them NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :d

GP
22-05-2013, 12:53 PM
Wenger OUT!!!

Munchies
22-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Here's a HD video with English commentary of every goal Jovetic scored this season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=l0Pg7y7S2hA#!

33 games, 12 goals, not that impressive, but I hope he'll improve (if we get him)

PGFC
22-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Arsenal are not interested in signing Steven Jovetic this summer, according to Fiorentina sporting director Daniel Prade.
The Gunners have been linked with a £24.5m bid for the highly-rated 23-year-old Montenegro forward in recent weeks but Prade insists that he has had no contact from the north Londoners.

“The way I see it, this interest [in Jovetic] is non-existent,” Prade told Rai Sport.

“I have not had any contact with them at all. I don’t think Arsène Wenger is interested in the boy.”

Prade’s comments come after the Serie A club’s president Andrea Della Valle stressed that they would not be selling the striker on the cheap.

“Jovetic must understand his future, make the right choice,” said Della Valle. “The important thing is that, if he does leave, we compensate for his sale by bringing in suitable replacements.”

Jovetic has scored 13 goals and made five assists in 31 Serie A appearances for Fiorentina this season.

Go figure :unsure:

Joker
22-05-2013, 01:41 PM
We probably don't want to be seen as too keen to sign him, fearing that that would bump up the price tag.

Japan Shaking All Over
22-05-2013, 02:20 PM
It is obvious that Fiorentina are playing the game and trying to,get as much as much as they can. . .they are trying to get us to show our hand an commit, the same went on with MVila

We are right to not cave in. . .lets hope we come out a winner

Munchies
22-05-2013, 02:21 PM
It is obvious that Fiorentina are playing the game and trying to,get as much as much as they can. . .they are trying to get us to show our hand an commit, the same went on with MVila

We are right to not cave in. . .lets hope we come out a winner

M'Villa went from £17m to £8m :haha:

Japan Shaking All Over
22-05-2013, 02:23 PM
Exactly but it is important to remember it took two years. . ,we dont have that time to wait

Grebbo
22-05-2013, 02:42 PM
M'Vila is pretty shit tho tbh.

The Emirates Gallactico
22-05-2013, 02:45 PM
M'Vila is pretty shit tho tbh.

This importantly.

Mvila was just all hype. I do think Jovetic is the real deal though - pay what they want and just complete it now. We're not really in a position to demand much from them at this stage.

Kano
22-05-2013, 03:23 PM

let's not forget that is RVP with one year left on his contract, whilst this guy still has 3 with fiorentina.

is he any good? fuck knows. is he worth £25m? probably not, but he has to be at least twice as good as gervinho and look how much we paid for that spaz.

are we actually buying this guy? hard to imagine but what the fuck else is there to talk about.

Marc Overmars
22-05-2013, 03:56 PM
The price seems about right for someone of his reputation tied down to a long contract and under 25.

Welcome to the big boys transfer market, Wenget.

LDG
22-05-2013, 03:59 PM
http://kanubelieveit.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/arsene-wenger-angry1.jpg

Edinburgh Gooner
22-05-2013, 05:04 PM
http://kanubelieveit.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/arsene-wenger-angry1.jpg

He is looking more and more like Mr Bean.

-Xs-
22-05-2013, 10:05 PM
He is looking more and more like Mr Bean.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNJPio9RJSHqEvm2GsqRO9YEuBtKt8i hSXDMDxB7r_j-W-H9bZpA

Munchies
22-05-2013, 10:27 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/281642_244645528892297_3799306_n.jpg

Cripps_orig
22-05-2013, 10:57 PM
Montpellier have put a €100m (£85.4m) price tag on Arsenal target, 23-year-old midfielder Remy Cabella.
Full story: talkSPORT

Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain, 25, has agreed in principle to join Juventus on a four-year deal worth £4m per season. The Argentine has also been targeted by Arsenal.
Full story: La Repubblica (in Italian)

Ffs

Cripps_orig
23-05-2013, 12:12 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4938672/Thomas-Vermaelen-can-go-for-5m.html

Another captain bites the dust

Japan Shaking All Over
23-05-2013, 12:26 AM
See we are on the Wenger/Bean comparison stage. . .usually a sure sign of progress :good:

Japan Shaking All Over
23-05-2013, 12:30 AM

Ffs

First one is BS
Second sniffs of agent/club wind up or it could me a call to Rooney to come home

Japan Shaking All Over
23-05-2013, 12:36 AM
I
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4938672/Thomas-Vermaelen-can-go-for-5m.html

Another captain bites the dust

I think we can afford to let this happen as long as we line upa replacement.

At the quoted price I am not sold on Williams but I think we need more of a fighter than a lover at the back

server too busy!
23-05-2013, 07:08 AM
£5m for Vermaelen....yeah right, we could get £15-20m for him easily.

BOBN
23-05-2013, 07:45 AM
£5m for Vermaelen....yeah right, we could get £15-20m for him easily.
Not to any team which employs scouts.

If Wenger was a thinking manager, a £7m a year manager, he would have sold him last summer before he had been exposed as a fraud by SKY/MOTD types (although he had been found out years ago. Brainlessly causing Ibrahimovics 2 goals for Barca against us should have been his last game for us).

Everybody knows now and hes been dropped. Its too late to get big money.

I_Killed_Kenny
23-05-2013, 08:17 AM
reports say higuain has agreed deal with Juve, Talk of jovetic either going there or chelsea now instead. Spurs linked with soldado and damiao. we should be looking at them too. or we will end up with remy

Power n Glory
23-05-2013, 08:20 AM
There is no way we’d get big money for this guy. You have to be a beast of a defender to command such a high fee and no big club is going to want him. I don’t care about the fee to be honest. I just know he shouldn’t be starting for us. It’s not over for him. He just needs coaching and we should just keep him on the bench.

I_Killed_Kenny
23-05-2013, 08:25 AM
There is no way we’d get big money for this guy. You have to be a beast of a defender to command such a high fee and no big club is going to want him. I don’t care about the fee to be honest. I just know he shouldn’t be starting for us. It’s not over for him. He just needs coaching and we should just keep him on the bench.

could he be an answer for DM? not sure if he is disciplined enough but if he does go marauding, luiz style, he still has the back 4 behind him. Just using the AW cheap option hat here as I would prefer a proper DM to come in but a possible option here?

Power n Glory
23-05-2013, 09:51 AM
could he be an answer for DM? not sure if he is disciplined enough but if he does go marauding, luiz style, he still has the back 4 behind him. Just using the AW cheap option hat here as I would prefer a proper DM to come in but a possible option here?

It's an important role in the team and besides defensive qualities, we need someone that has good ball retention skills, knows how to protect the ball and make good passes without playing a team mate into trouble. I once thought Toure could play the DM role but he played there once and he looked out of sorts. Maybe it could work for Verm but it's no easy transition and more than a dog chasing a bone type of role. His negligent style of defending could be just as costly in the middle. We'd still need positional discipline but I suppose we wouldn't get punished as harshly compared to defence.

Marc Overmars
23-05-2013, 09:59 AM
Works for Luiz because he's technically very sound. Verm is more gung ho and relies on his powers of recovery, I think it's better to keep him because there aren't many sides with a 3rd choice CB as good as him. Wouldn't be surprised if he left though.

Cripps_orig
23-05-2013, 10:06 AM
Apparently we haven't been in contact with Fiorentina about Jovetic at all

Marc Overmars
23-05-2013, 10:12 AM
He prefers Juve as well, apparently.

I_Killed_Kenny
23-05-2013, 10:13 AM
It's an important role in the team and besides defensive qualities, we need someone that has good ball retention skills, knows how to protect the ball and make good passes without playing a team mate into trouble. I once thought Toure could play the DM role but he played there once and he looked out of sorts. Maybe it could work for Verm but it's no easy transition and more than a dog chasing a bone type of role. His negligent style of defending could be just as costly in the middle. We'd still need positional discipline but I suppose we wouldn't get punished as harshly compared to defence.

i did the same with toure in all honesty!
if Verm is now 3rd choice then using him as DM, maybe in the cups, may be an option. may also mean it keeps him sharp for when he is needed. but his discipline as you said is the worry

Cripps_orig
23-05-2013, 10:58 AM
Juve are going to have one hell of a team next year.

So Jovetic is gone, no decent player wants to come to us.

Could be the worst summer of all time.

At least we have Sanogo

server too busy!
23-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Why would Juve need, Llorente, Higuain and Jovetic as well as what they already have?

Its all bullshit to make us up the price

Kano
23-05-2013, 11:33 AM
Why would Juve need, Llorente, Higuain and Jovetic as well as what they already have?

Its all bullshit to make us up the price
or maybe - and i know this sounds wild and crazy - all of it is bollocks to fill space for the media and none of this is really happening at all.

Joker
23-05-2013, 12:00 PM
Juve are going to have one hell of a team next year.

So Jovetic is gone, no decent player wants to come to us.

Could be the worst summer of all time.

At least we have Sanogo

Nothing could top the summer of 2008 when get got Ramsey, Bischoff and Silvestre (although at least we got Nasri).

The Emirates Gallactico
23-05-2013, 12:10 PM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130523/arsenal-blow-top-target-jovetic-eyes-italy-stay-198210

Seems like he doesn't want to come. Even if we get him, it's not great if his agent has publicly admitted that we're not his first choice.

Gooner23
23-05-2013, 12:19 PM
Its time for Yaya (not the good one) to come home.

I_Killed_Kenny
23-05-2013, 12:20 PM
fuck him, he aint no dennis bendtner!

oh deary me!

Edinburgh Gooner
23-05-2013, 12:26 PM
:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNJPio9RJSHqEvm2GsqRO9YEuBtKt8i hSXDMDxB7r_j-W-H9bZpA

AKBapologist
23-05-2013, 12:29 PM
What a great start to the transfer window!

Cripps_orig
23-05-2013, 12:32 PM
Nothing could top the summer of 2008 when get got Ramsey, Bischoff and Silvestre (although at least we got Nasri).

Came so close to winning the league the season before. Wenger obviously didn't want it to continue so bought these muppets.

Nasri apart, that was a shocker of a summer

This could be worse though.

Sanogo is widely regarded in the footballing world as the next Bischoff/Eisfeld.

Power n Glory
23-05-2013, 12:32 PM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130523/arsenal-blow-top-target-jovetic-eyes-italy-stay-198210

Seems like he doesn't want to come. Even if we get him, it's not great if his agent has publicly admitted that we're not his first choice.

Not surprised. Time to move on.

Cripps_orig
23-05-2013, 12:33 PM
What a great start to the transfer window!

It's only may 23rd ffs

:cluelessfanswhoobviouslyhaventpaidattentiontothel ast6yearsandreaslisingthisalwayshappens:

server too busy!
23-05-2013, 12:42 PM
or maybe - and i know this sounds wild and crazy - all of it is bollocks to fill space for the media and none of this is really happening at all.Ermmm yeah thats what I thought I was clearly hinting at...