PDA

View Full Version : Super Super Quality Transfer Speculation & Shit

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

KSE Comedy Club
18-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Woo woo woo!

-Xs-
18-08-2012, 10:46 PM
Leagues best striker who wanted to go does not matter where we sold him too he wanted to go and was right to be sold. Selling him to Mancs or Juve he'd still be gone.

It does matter if you have desires on finishing above that team.

Its not the selling that's the problem, it who he was sold to. Manu would never sell their star striker to us, I get that they are a bigger team, but more that success then wealth is the order of thier priorities, whereas ours is money then success.

Meh, fuck it, it's all done now anyway, we might have a good cup run still though

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2012, 10:55 PM
It does matter if you have desires on finishing above that team.

Its not the selling that's the problem, it who he was sold to. Manu would never sell their star striker to us, I get that they are a bigger team, but more that success then wealth is the order of thier priorities, whereas ours is money then success.

Meh, fuck it, it's all done now anyway, we might have a good cup run still though

Oh yeah i get it it shows a lack of ambition, but once a player wants out and RVP said he only wanted to go to the mancs as fergie says then we he was always going to go there.

You may say we sold to the highest bidder though.

AKBapologist
18-08-2012, 11:29 PM
A depressing thing is that we've sold two of our best players to teams that will largely be unaffected by FFP because they already generate huge amounts of cash. Unless we do something drastic to our financial model to kick us out of this rut we're fucked long term and will always bend over whenever a richer club comes knocking.

AKBapologist
19-08-2012, 12:13 AM
Theo Walcott could be the next Arsenal star to leave the club, with Inter Milan thought to be interested in the England winger. (Daily Star)

Blackburn are eying out-of-favour Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh on a six-month loan deal. (Lancashire Telegraph)

Shaqiri Is Boss
19-08-2012, 11:13 AM
Mirallas has signed for Everton.

Cripps_orig
19-08-2012, 11:21 AM
Everton over us :lol:

Is that how low we have fallen?

Boss
19-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Hardly a player we'll regret missing out on.

Need some bigger talents.

AKBapologist
19-08-2012, 12:03 PM
Apparently, M'vila might be coming after all...

Marc Overmars
19-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Sauce?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Sauce?

Sour Cream if you have any, can that really be credited as a sauce

KSE Comedy Club
19-08-2012, 12:21 PM
Yep, Mvila is still on his way by all accounts.

Apparently the deal has been in place for ages but all the other clubs have pulled out so we know we can get him for a lower fee, so weve been haggling ever since.

They say he could be here as early as the end of next week.

Seymour Butts
19-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Yep, Mvila is still on his way by all accounts.

Apparently the deal has been in place for ages but all the other clubs have pulled out so we know we can get him for a lower fee, so weve been haggling ever since.

They say he could be here as early as the end of next week.

What source?

Syn
19-08-2012, 12:24 PM
You guys are psychotic. What is 'by all accounts'? Dave down the pub? Siu Lang on Twitter?

AKBapologist
19-08-2012, 12:25 PM
There's rumors of a certain athletic Bilbao striker that we've asked to be informed about - probably bullshit though...

Also:
http://gossip.ladyarse.com/2012/08/arshavin-arrives-in-st-petersburg/

McNamara That Ghost...
19-08-2012, 12:42 PM
Toquero. :bow:

Syn
19-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Toquero. :bow:

Just googled him. He seems to have the worst goalscoring stats I've ever seen for a striker.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-08-2012, 12:48 PM
He is a legend in Bilbao, cult hero, obviously.

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2012, 12:49 PM
Just googled him. He seems to have the worst goalscoring stats I've ever seen for a striker.

We may be buying him to make Chamakh look decent.

KSE Comedy Club
19-08-2012, 01:24 PM
You guys are psychotic. What is 'by all accounts'? Dave down the pub? Siu Lang on Twitter?

Relax Syn, its all taken care of :good:

AKBapologist
19-08-2012, 01:29 PM
If chamakh, Park and Bendtner all went, surely we'd be in for another striker?

Static
19-08-2012, 01:31 PM
If chamakh, Park and Bendtner all went, surely we'd be in for another striker?
Yes.

Marc Overmars
19-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Fat Fuck has gone to St Petersburg on a "working visit". :lol:

Either he's got some commercial work there or Wenget has told him to GTFO. Hopefully it's the latter.

Injury Time
19-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Fat Fuck has gone to St Petersburg on a "working visit". :lol:

Either he's got some commercial work there or Wenget has told him to GTFO. Hopefully it's the latter.
Thought he made a difference coming on yesterday tbh, there are a few who failed to feature last year that are ahead of him in my list of ppl to leave first

Syn
19-08-2012, 01:57 PM
In my list too, but personally I thought he was pathetic yesterday. Arsene is playing him wrong. He needs to be played upfront - he's always going to be a liability anywhere else.

But the best case scenario is if he leaves. I think wages -as always - are a problem. Zenit won't be willing to pay up.

4-3-3
19-08-2012, 02:35 PM
albert eistein the bbc guy reports , we have struck a deal for sahin.
there is talk of 2m loan signing and permanent option of around 8m euros..if the price is right. wenger is forgiven form yesterday and back in my top ten best managers list.:lol:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-08-2012, 02:38 PM
albert eistein the bbc guy reports , we have struck a deal for sahin.
there is talk of 2m loan signing and permanent option of around 8m euros..if the price is right. wenger is forgiven form yesterday and back in my top ten best managers list.:lol:

all i can say is your easily pleased, you must do backward cartwheels when your friends and family don't forget your birthday!

fakeyank
19-08-2012, 02:42 PM
all i can say is your easily pleased, you must do backward cartwheels when your friends and family don't forget your birthday!

:haha:

Munchies
19-08-2012, 04:59 PM
When he stepped on the pitch it looked to me as if he lost some weight but he soon started to play like his usual fat old self.

Özil's Panoramic View
19-08-2012, 06:03 PM
These last few posts are hilarious :haha:

KSE Comedy Club
19-08-2012, 07:04 PM
The rumoured fee for mvila is £11m.

AKBapologist
19-08-2012, 07:09 PM

The thing is, I rarely care where the original sauce is for the big rumours. They often get recycled by the rags the next day. There are a few real ITK's with 100-80% accuracy (mostly bbc journos or people who probably work at the club) but they normally only really confirm rumours not start them.

AKBapologist
19-08-2012, 07:34 PM
eg:
http://www.soccersouls.com/2012/08/arsenal-to-sign-sahin-mvila-and-llorente-within-this-week/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=arsenal-to-sign-sahin-mvila-and-llorente-within-this-week

sent from a fone

Marc Overmars
19-08-2012, 07:52 PM
:lol:

Ollie the Optimist
19-08-2012, 07:52 PM
going by the above link then if we sign llorente, mvila and sahin as well as podolski, giroud and cazorla then a magic hat has been found at last and returned to its rightful owner

Wenger :bow:

Ollie the Optimist
19-08-2012, 07:54 PM
of course it wont happen but still i can hope

McNamara That Ghost...
19-08-2012, 07:56 PM
The Lion King is coming. :bow: Or as it's otherwise known: FL week.

It's on!

Olivier's xmas twist
19-08-2012, 08:06 PM
The rumoured fee for mvila is £11m.

Who ours?

Boss
19-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Just bought myself something to prepare for this week, if the above rumours hold any truth in them...

http://www.bellperformance.com/Portals/68152/images/X-TRA_LUBE_CONCENTRATE_8OZ.png

Olivier's xmas twist
19-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Just bought myself something to prepare for this week, if the above rumours hold any truth in them...

http://www.bellperformance.com/Portals/68152/images/X-TRA_LUBE_CONCENTRATE_8OZ.png

What you buy for you and Ach should be kept between the to of ya.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-08-2012, 08:18 PM
That would definitely be kept between the two of them.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-08-2012, 08:21 PM
That would definitely be kept between the two of them.
:sick:

fakeyank
19-08-2012, 08:26 PM
Whats the point of having Sahin and M'Villa both? Competition for places is one thing but blindly signing players in one position is madness.

Llorente on the other hand.. :drool:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-08-2012, 08:27 PM
llorente is likely to be signing for juventus this week.

Sahin will probably come on loan (we don't need him though...we need a defensive midfielder)

Grebbo
19-08-2012, 08:43 PM

Sahin will probably come on loan (we don't need him though...we need a defensive midfielder)

Can you name Manure's DM? Song couldn't defend for toffee and definitely was not a DM. I don't think a DM is essential to be successful.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-08-2012, 09:20 PM
when you hold a unfeasibly high line yes, when you have no-one in your midfield who can win the ball yes......when your manager doesn't even have seperate defence coaching yes.....i agree song wasn't doing his job properly but the answer isn't to sell him and not replace him with a like for like replacement, if you sell a player like him (who isn't good enough for barcelona) than we need to bring in a dm as replacement...and if we have too many midfielders it's because our wage bill prevents us from selling off the dregs like Aaron Ramsey.

KSE Comedy Club
19-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Still some smoke about llorente coming.

Various chatter on twitter saying that the juve deal was almost done until RVP was announced as going to utd, then it was put on hold.

Someone else has said "Sahin-100% done, Mvila-75%, llorente-50%" and some reckon all 3 will be arsenal players by sept 1st.

I would fucking love this to be the case, but the past means I can't bring myself to believe it.

I await to be proven wrong!

Ollie the Optimist
19-08-2012, 09:43 PM

how many times do people ahve to be told that sahin is not being signed for song. he is being signed for jack so that we can ease jack back into action at the right pace with no pressure

KSE Comedy Club
19-08-2012, 09:50 PM
how many times do people ahve to be told that sahin is not being signed for song. he is being signed for jack so that we can ease jack back into action at the right pace with no pressure

Yep.

Some idiot journo's have said that sahin is coming in for song, but that isn't the case at all.

Ollie the Optimist
19-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Tottenham have made a shock move to sign Arsenal misfit Marouane Chamakh on loan.

Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas is desperate for a striker before the transfer window shuts and an enquiry about Chamakh has gone in.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger left Moroccan striker Chamakh out of the squad to face Sunderland on Saturday - (read the Sunday Mirror match report of Arsenal 0-0 Sunderland) - as they try to set up a loan deal.

Several English clubs have enquired about his availability including Spurs and Everton while there has also been interest from Spain and Fiorentina have also tried to sign him.

But Spurs are the shock contenders because of their rivalry with Arsenal and Chamakh’s chequered career at the Emirates.

Chamakh has struggled to make his mark in his time at Arsenal, fallen out of favour and now Wenger is ready to offload him.

Talk is cheap... but at £60,000/week Chamakh is NOT, and Arsene Wenger's given up trying to get his money's worth out of the lad
A loan deal is more likely because of his £60,000-a-week wages and Arsenal have struggled to find a suitor.

But Spurs are exploring options as they only have Jermain Defoe on their books as a senior striker while a move for Emmanuel Adebayor has stalled.

That has left them looking at Chamakh and, while the deal has major obstacles to overcome and may not happen, that has not stopped Spurs enquiring.

Chamakh was one of the most sought after strikers in Europe when he joined

Arsenal - with Liverpool also on his tail - and even though he has had an unhappy two years he will be keen to revive his career.

from the mirror. this would be ultimate wumger. get rid of chamkh and send him to spurs.

wumger :bow:

Marc Overmars
19-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Llorente rumours are clearly shite.

I'm tempted to believe we are after another midfielder though, as well as Sahin.

KSE Comedy Club
19-08-2012, 09:56 PM
from the mirror. this would be ultimate wumger. get rid of chamkh and send him to spurs.

wumger :bow::haha:

Agent Chakma :bow:

KSE Comedy Club
19-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Llorente rumours are clearly shite.

I'm tempted to believe we are after another midfielder though, as well as Sahin.
We are definitely after another midfielder, I'd be happy to say I think that is the case.

With llorente, the only nagging thing for me is that we are selling most of our strikers.

Out:
RVP
bendtner
Park
Chakma (loan or sale, see above)

In:
Giroud
Podolski

If/when we do get rid of the others, that leaves us lacking a little bit of sharpness up front. The jury is most definitely out on Walcott and Gerv.

KSE Comedy Club
19-08-2012, 10:07 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-0-0-sunderland-santi-cazorla-1269216

Santi Cazorla took just 90 minutes to establish himself as the new darling of Arsenal’s fans in the 0-0 with Sunderland on Saturday – and then said what they are all thinking.

Cazorla urged Arsenal to go out into the transfer market to replace Robin van Persie and Alex Song after their *departures from the Emirates.

Spanish playmaker Cazorla was Arsenal’s biggest threat against a resolute Sunderland, but they still made far too few chances to break the deadlock to leave the fans frustrated.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has spent in excess of £30million on Cazorla, Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud but is £9m in profit on his summer transfer business

Arsenal played well in patches but they desperately need a defensive midfield player after selling Song and Van Persie’s goals will take some replacing.

Cazorla said: “It’s clear that Van Persie is a great player and obviously we would all have preferred it if he had stayed. Song has gone as well and there are still 10 days left in the transfer market.

“I do not know if we will sign anyone but obviously it’s important to replace players like that because they were so important for the team. It felt really good making my debut. Of course, it was not the result any of us wanted, but we had chances and we did well.

“It’s a long season, so we can build on this. I had one chance and so did a few of my colleagues and that was the key to the game. We had complete control but that final step just eluded us.”

It was not for the want of trying. The refreshing thing about Cazorla was his *willingness to shoot. *Sunderland keeper Simon Mignolet made a string of good saves, none better than from Cazorla’s sixth-minute drive.

Overall, the signs for Arsenal were encouraging. The *fit-again Abou Diaby was impressive. Podolski did his best but was surely never signed as a van Persie replacement. Indeed, Wenger says he now sees Podolski as a main striker.

That is why Giroud, the club’s £9m signing from Montpellier, was left on the bench and the Frenchman missed a late sitter after latching onto Cazorla’s pass.

Giroud pleaded for patience but the 6ft 4in striker also admitted he expected more aerial balls into the box.

Talking about his miss, he said: “The coach [Wenger] told me that I had more time but added that I had not to worry about it.

“If I had been on my left foot, I probably would have taken more time. It was on the right foot... I’ll have to work my right foot!

“This could have been the dream start. In Montpellier, I did not score for my first game. So I’m not worried. I think, here, I will get plenty of chances and I will score.

“People are clever enough to know that Robin took a lot of space here. His last season was wonderful. But before that, he took time to settle. So I’m just asking people to be a little patient with me.”

Hmm, interesting.

Syn
19-08-2012, 10:20 PM
You haven't got time. Need to start finding the net. The goal is the same size as it is in France. When you get a chance like that, right foot or left, just slot it in like any pub teamer would.

gooners
19-08-2012, 10:26 PM
"I do not know if we will sign anyone but obviously it’s important to replace players like that because they were so important for the team".

Hmm, interesting.

Carzola already asking for signings? :haha:

good luck

Kyle?
19-08-2012, 10:37 PM
Carzola already asking for signings? :haha:

good luck

At least someone's got the right idea. Give him the armband, he obviously wants to win things.

gooners
19-08-2012, 10:39 PM
nah;

that'll mean he's definitey off next summer!

Kyle?
19-08-2012, 10:40 PM
nah;

that'll mean he's definitey off next summer!

He's easily worth 30 million. We paid under 15, if an offer comes in, then the board will obviously consider it. Thats 15 million more pounds in their bank accounts.

gooners
19-08-2012, 10:55 PM
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=clutching+money&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1344&bih=739&tbm=isch&tbnid=3nQ1Td8fgAu1LM:&imgrefurl=http://www.profimedia.si/picture/man-wearing-business-suit-hands-clutching-money/0034031324/&docid=MIWwWBXogkwWeM&imgurl=http://www.profimedia.si/photo/man-wearing-business-suit-hands-clutching-money/profimedia-0034031324.jpg&w=318&h=480&ei=a24xUPOkL6bA0QXG24DwDA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=486&vpy=62&dur=900&hovh=276&hovw=183&tx=94&ty=114&sig=111878828401828767270&page=1&tbnh=123&tbnw=97&start=0&ndsp=30&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0,i:79

recent AFC boardroom photo just in.

Cripps_orig
19-08-2012, 11:22 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4495406/Nicklas-Bendtner-could-be-heading-to-AC-Milan.html

Bendtner to Milan with us getting Mexes

Mexes was quality back in the day. Bit error prone now

Japan Shaking All Over
20-08-2012, 12:33 AM
Still some smoke about llorente coming.

Various chatter on twitter saying that the juve deal was almost done until RVP was announced as going to utd, then it was put on hold.

Someone else has said "Sahin-100% done, Mvila-75%, llorente-50%" and some reckon all 3 will be arsenal players by sept 1st.

I would fucking love this to be the case, but the past means I can't bring myself to believe it.

I await to be proven wrong!

All three of those would be awesome, and if we pull it off then Wenger in the wheeling and dealing aspect of the job has pulled off a masterstroke

Clearly bluffed the table over MVila to wait for the price to come down to what? 11 mil, have heard 8 - 2 for Sahin upping to 10 if we choose to buy after 1 year.
MVila for Song - Sahin for Jack as Ollie said, makes perfect sense, Diaby is a walkung injury as is an aging Mozart

As for the striker, this is where we shoot our load all over the table and walk away with the pot - Llorente for 20+ all of RvP fee at least, Wenger will never pay exactly what they want I imagine nor will Bilbao give him away for peanuts, we have 10 days, to bring in 3 more players and possibly Mexes will be unbelievable! and for less than. . ? 70-80 mil before minusing what we pulled in off RvP, Song. . .et others

Job now is for Wenger to come up with the gel to put them together with. . .can he do it. . .in Wenger we have to trust

Cripps_orig
20-08-2012, 12:36 AM
Read there is no permanent buy clause thingy for Sahin

Japan Shaking All Over
20-08-2012, 01:05 AM
Read there is no permanent buy clause thingy for Sahin

Thought I read somebody saying there would be. . .anyway, not being one is no reason to stop this deal from going through. . .as I am dure we can work something out down the line if we really wanted to buy the guy? ?

Cripps_orig
20-08-2012, 01:07 AM
Ive read there is one and also read there isnt so fuck knows tbh

But hes a quality player and if we have a chance of making it permanent then we must. Hes better than a fully fit Wilshere. Thats how good he is

Japan Shaking All Over
20-08-2012, 03:00 AM
Not sure about better than Jack because TBF I I have not seen him play a whole lot especially recently (come to think of it. . .havent seen Jack none either! !)

Do know that Wenger has gone down as saying that he thought Sahin was one of the best midfielders of his generation so. . .would be welcome

mastermind84
20-08-2012, 03:20 AM
Sahin is better than a fully fit Jack.

Injury Time
20-08-2012, 06:34 AM
Sahin is better than a fully fit Jack.
We will never find out, Jack :rose:

AKBapologist
20-08-2012, 07:19 AM
Arsenal are close to confirming the arrival of Real Madrid’s Nuri Sahin as a midfield replacement for Alex Song, who should today complete his £15million move to Barcelona. Sahin turned down interest from Liverpool to join the Gunners. (Daily Telegraph)

Arsene Wenger decided sell Song to Barcelona after losing patience with the midfielder. Song is said to have continually turned up late for training, was seen as being lazy, drove the coaching staff to distraction and lacked defensive discipline. (Daily Mirror)

Tottenham have made a shock move to sign Arsenal outcast Marouane Chamakh on loan, with Andre Villas-Boas desperate to land a striker before the transfer window shuts. (Daily Mirror)

V-Pig
20-08-2012, 07:43 AM
Read somewhere that the Sahin deal would be €2 up front and €6 extra to make it permanent. In which case, give AW a medal.

AKBapologist
20-08-2012, 08:19 AM
The departure of Alex Song to Barcelona had re-opened the possibility of Yann M'Vila moving to Arsenal. His transfer to Arsene Wenger's side seemed to be nailed on at the beginning of the transfer window and simply waiting confirmation. Almost every major newspaper and websites like Goal said a deal was agreed between the clubs.

When that didn't happen, it was assumed Arsenal had got cold feet after he was arrested for allegedly hitting his sister's 17 year old boyfriend and he spent the night in a police cell. It wasn't the first time M'Vila had been involved in trouble and Wenger isn't usually a fan of bad-boys.

However, it could have been more to do with using transfer funds to bring in Giroud when he learnt Robin van Persie would be leaving. Another striker would have appeared more urgent than a midfielder at the time, but now that Song has left the club a resurgence of interest in Yann M'Vila would make sense to cover that area of the pitch but Arsenal are firmly behind Tottenham in the chase for the Rennes man.

Italy's Calciomercato have a knack of picking up the phone and calling agents and club representatives and yesterday did just that with Rennes and were told "Yes, we are dealing with Tottenham, the offer is still a bit low, but we are confident."

Rennes want €20m and Tottenham so far have only offered €15m, the Ligue 1 side are keen to sell so Spurs probably won't need to go much higher if the quotes from Rennes are correct, and not simply meant to push Arsenal into action.
http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/rennes-confirm-yann-m-vila-is-likely-to-join-tottenham-and-not-ar

Globalgunner
20-08-2012, 08:26 AM
Arsenal are close to confirming the arrival of Real Madrid’s Nuri Sahin as a midfield replacement for Alex Song, who should today complete his £15million move to Barcelona. Sahin turned down interest from Liverpool to join the Gunners. (Daily Telegraph)

Arsene Wenger decided sell Song to Barcelona after losing patience with the midfielder. Song is said to have continually turned up late for training, was seen as being lazy, drove the coaching staff to distraction and lacked defensive discipline. (Daily Mirror)

Tottenham have made a shock move to sign Arsenal outcast Marouane Chamakh on loan, with Andre Villas-Boas desperate to land a striker before the transfer window shuts. (Daily Mirror)

I suspect that Song was doing his utmost to become a nuisance and preempt his own departure, no doubt after getting a wink from his agent about Barca s interest. No matter, as many have found out before, making the grade at Barcelona is easier said than done. Good luck to him, we can do better than hi and his daft hair,

KSE Comedy Club
20-08-2012, 08:30 AM
http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/rennes-confirm-yann-m-vila-is-likely-to-join-tottenham-and-not-ar

Oh well.

GP
20-08-2012, 08:37 AM
Read somewhere that the Sahin deal would be €2 up front and €6 extra to make it permanent. In which case, give AW a medal.

Woah, eight euros?

I'll pay that myself.

Boss
20-08-2012, 09:21 AM
Arsenal misfit Marouane Chamakh could be in line for a shock move to north London rivals Tottenham.

Andre Villas-Boas is desperate to bolster his strikeforce before the end of the month as he has just one recognised senior striker in Jermain Defoe.

And Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger left Moroccan striker Chamakh out of the squad to face Sunderland on Saturday as they try to set up a loan deal.

There have been several English clubs have enquired about his availability including Spurs and Everton while there has also been interest from Spain and Fiorentina have also tried to sign him.

If he were to move to Spurs then it would be a shock given their rivalry with Arsenal and Chamakh’s chequered career at the Emirates.

The Moroccan has struggled to make his mark in his time at Arsenal and has fallen out of favour and now Wenger is ready to offload him.

A loan deal is more likely because of his £60,000-a-week wages and Arsenal have struggled to find a suitor.

But Spurs are exploring options after their move for Emmanuel Adebayor has stalled.

That has left them looking at Chamakh and, while the deal has major obstacles to overcome and may not happen, that has not stopped Spurs enquiring.

Chamakh was one of the most sought after strikers in Europe when he joined Arsenal - with Liverpool also on his tail - and even though he has had an unhappy two years he will be keen to revive his career.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2190894/Tottenham-line-shock-Marouane-Chamakh.html#ixzz244o4jXet

If this happens I will rate Wenger as the best manager that football has ever seen. :haha:

Japan Shaking All Over
20-08-2012, 09:50 AM
Fucking 60k a week? We are a bunch of fuckwits when it comes deciding players salaries - no wonder teams are going no where near our dross with a barge pole

KSE Comedy Club
20-08-2012, 09:56 AM
Fucking 60k a week? We are a bunch of fuckwits when it comes deciding players salaries - no wonder teams are going no where near our dross with a barge pole

Tbf we did sign him on a free.

GP
20-08-2012, 10:00 AM
Tbf we did sign him on a free.

Yes, a first team player on a free transfer with champions league and international experience. £60k isn't excessive.

AKBapologist
20-08-2012, 10:05 AM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-we-re-still-looking-for-signings?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arsenal-news+%28News+Feed%29

Wenger - We're still looking for signings

Wenger reaction
Arsenal manager reflects on the Sunderland game

Get Arsenal Player
By Rob Kelly

Arsène Wenger says the Club are looking to sign a midfielder and a defender before the transfer window closes next week.

Arsenal announced on Saturday that terms have been agreed for Alex Song to join Barcelona, and the 24-year-old is expected to complete his move to to the Nou Camp soon.

Although Wenger is confident his side have the resources to cope with the Cameroon international's departure, he still hopes to add to his squad.

"We are looking to bring one more midfielder in of course, and maybe one defender as well because we still feel we are short in some positions," he told Arsenal Player.

Wenger admitted he was "frustrated" by his side's failure to beat Sunderland on Saturday, and hopes to see an improvement when they travel to Stoke this weekend.

"We didn't lose, but it is frustrating when you are home with everyone here and you do not create more chances than we did," he said. "It is very difficult to understand."

KSE Comedy Club
20-08-2012, 10:07 AM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-we-re-still-looking-for-signings

By Rob Kelly

Arsène Wenger says the Club are looking to sign a midfielder and a defender before the transfer window closes next week.

Arsenal announced on Saturday that terms have been agreed for Alex Song to join Barcelona, and the 24-year-old is expected to complete his move to to the Nou Camp soon.

Although Wenger is confident his side have the resources to cope with the Cameroon international's departure, he still hopes to add to his squad.

"We are looking to bring one more midfielder in of course, and maybe one defender as well because we still feel we are short in some positions," he told Arsenal Player.

Wenger admitted he was "frustrated" by his side's failure to beat Sunderland on Saturday, and hopes to see an improvement when they travel to Stoke this weekend.

"We didn't lose, but it is frustrating when you are home with everyone here and you do not create more chances than we did," he said. "It is very difficult to understand."

I hope he means in addition to Sahin.

AKBapologist
20-08-2012, 10:14 AM
And by defender, I hope he doesn't mean Mexes.

I_Killed_Kenny
20-08-2012, 10:27 AM
please god no! never liked him, would get burnt for pace and just fall over most of the time! we have djourou for that

KSE Comedy Club
20-08-2012, 10:58 AM
And by defender, I hope he doesn't mean Mexes.

Nah I reckon it's that cheikh M'bengue bloke.

African, ligue 1 - it fits the bill unfortunately.

Unai Tea
20-08-2012, 11:17 AM
Nah I reckon it's that cheikh M'bengue bloke.

African, ligue 1 - it fits the bill unfortunately.

Or the Biwa chap, who also fits the bill (African, Ligue Un) but is better.

Marc Overmars
20-08-2012, 11:32 AM
Ligue 1 outfit Rennes have confirmed that midfielder Yann M’Vila is closing in on a move to Tottenham – despite interest from Spurs’ north London rivals Arsenal.
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has long admired M’Vila and was understood to be close to signing the 22-year-old in June.
But the youngster’s poor disciplinary record – highligted when he clashed with French teammates at Euro 2012 – was thought to have put Wenger off a deal.
Alex Song’s imminent departure for Barcelona has led to speculation that Wenger is set to return with a fresh bid for M’Vila but Rennes have confirmed they are in advanced negotiations with Tottenham.
“Yes, we are dealing with Tottenham, the offer is still a bit low, but we are confident,” a spokesperson for the French club told Italian website Calciomercato (http://www.calciomercato.com/).
It is understood that the clubs are still someway apart in their valuation of the combative midfielder, with Rennes holding out £17m.
The news comes just days after Spurs head-coach Andre Villas-Boas ruled out a move for M’Vila, telling reporters: “[M'Vila] is an interesting player but I don’t think he will join Tottenham.
“The player is a player of defensive characteristics. We had initial interest in M’Vila but we have moved on from that one and are now looking for a more creative player.”

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/08/20/rennes-confirm-yann-mvila-is-in-talks-to-sign-for-tottenham-and-not-arsenal/ (http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/08/20/rennes-confirm-yann-mvila-is-in-talks-to-sign-for-tottenham-and-not-arsenal/)

Boss
20-08-2012, 11:36 AM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1137756/no-tottenham-bid-for-arsenal-striker-marouane-chamakh?cc=4716

:(

Ollie the Optimist
20-08-2012, 11:37 AM
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/08/20/rennes-confirm-yann-mvila-is-in-talks-to-sign-for-tottenham-and-not-arsenal/ (http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/08/20/rennes-confirm-yann-mvila-is-in-talks-to-sign-for-tottenham-and-not-arsenal/)

hmm this could be true or could be a ploy by rennes to force us to bid more given avbs comments recently about there was interest but not anymore.

who knows

AKBapologist
20-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Totally over M'Vila tbh. Overrated and looks like a spud already.

Bergkampwonderland10
20-08-2012, 12:07 PM
Buy Fellaini...that dude is scary in the centre of midfield!!!

Marc Overmars
20-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Fellaini would be pretty awesome tbh.

McNamara That Ghost...
20-08-2012, 12:27 PM
He'd cost too much I imagine, Everton would quite reasonably want more than the £15 million they originally payed for him.

The Wengerbabies
20-08-2012, 01:11 PM
MILAN will step up their efforts to land Arsenal misfit Nicklas Bendtner in a swap with centre-back Philippe Mexes, 30.
The Italians are ready to offload the France star this week.
His £80,000-a-week wages could be a stumbling block but AC may give him a pay-off to push through the deal.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4495406/Nicklas-Bendtner-could-be-heading-to-AC-Milan.html#ixzz245jjNR7x.

Japan Shaking All Over
20-08-2012, 01:13 PM
Yes, a first team player on a free transfer with champions league and international experience. £60k isn't excessive.

TBF my complaint is in hindsight to how crap he turned out to be

Cripps_orig
20-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Didnt start off crap tbh.

Unfortunately RVCs form and us only playing one striker killed his confidence

Bergkampwonderland10
20-08-2012, 02:04 PM
He'd cost too much I imagine, Everton would quite reasonably want more than the £15 million they originally payed for him.

Perhaps he'd be expensive...but still he'd be a great purchase...
Do we count as an 'ambitious' club still? Link http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/everton-midfielder-marouane-fellaini-tempted-by-transfer-to-ambitious-club-7836310.html

GP
20-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Needs a haircut.

Bergkampwonderland10
20-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Could also bid for Tiote...we just got €20m for Song and €29m for Van Persie...think we could get a couple of decent players in...

Cripps_orig
20-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Could also bid for Tiote...we just got €20m for Song and €29m for Van Persie...think we could get a couple of decent players in...

Tiote would be excellent

As would Cabaye tbh

AKBapologist
20-08-2012, 02:10 PM
We're on 9mill profit ffs. +queensland road we should have AT LEAST 30mill to spend BEFORE supposed war-chests and other such bullshit - that is, if we don't have to keep selling players to be financially sustainible...

I_Killed_Kenny
20-08-2012, 02:20 PM
swansea have signed that korean from celtic btw

McNamara That Ghost...
20-08-2012, 02:38 PM
Perhaps he'd be expensive...but still he'd be a great purchase...
Do we count as an 'ambitious' club still? Link http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/everton-midfielder-marouane-fellaini-tempted-by-transfer-to-ambitious-club-7836310.html

I just think we'd spend too much time haggling for it to happen, we'd never pay a record price for someone like Fellaini and I think we would probably have to.I like him, he is a pure scrote, just like Tiote - although I do wonder if teams really need them. Granted, nearly every team does.

Master Splinter
20-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Screech is much better than Tiote though. He's also huge and could double up as a striker. And a defender.

Do not forget we have also Feillaini who can play there.

Sounds good.

gooners
20-08-2012, 02:50 PM

"We've also got to think of financial implications, you know. And we got chamakh and scezney who can all play there"

selassie
20-08-2012, 03:14 PM
I think Sahin completes our business for Midfield....I'm not entirely sure I'm that comfortable with a midfield full of Technical players but maybe Arsene sees Sahin as an upgraded version of Flamini which Jack basically is anyway.

We might bring in one more body for defence, presumably a project or an experienced head who is happy to sit on the bench and babysit the Carling Cup team. M'Vila I think is off the radar, he'll go to either the Spuds or Zenit.

LDG
20-08-2012, 03:17 PM
I think Sahin completes our business for Midfield....I'm not entirely sure I'm that comfortable with a midfield full of Technical players but maybe Arsene sees Sahin as an upgraded version of Flamini which Jack basically is anyway.

We might bring in one more body for defence, presumably a project or an experienced head who is happy to sit on the bench and baby the Carling Cup team. M'Vila I think is off the radar, he'll go to either the Spuds or Zenit.

Yeah, pretty much.

Though has AW ever told the truth?

You watch. We'll sign a fuckin striker tomorrow.

Özim
20-08-2012, 04:23 PM
Be very pleased if we get Sahin, as above doesn't seem to be much defensive strength in there, but maybe Sahin can adapt? If he turns out good I hope we can sign him permanently.

Power n Glory
20-08-2012, 04:29 PM
I think Arteta is going to be our new muscle man. He goes in hard with tackles.

Özim
20-08-2012, 04:32 PM
I find it hard to imagine Arteta as our midfield enforcer, he's always been a creative player or certainly was for Everton. Out of the current group I guess he's probably our best defensive option.

Interesting that AW is considering a defender as well, are we looking at a utility player or full back (can't be a CB surely)?

SayNoMore
20-08-2012, 06:15 PM
^^ I agree regarding Arteta, i dont understand wengers refusal to just play players where they are at their best and i dont think that Arteta is a natural DM. A defender is needed for sure, Vertonghen(sp) would have been ideal, cb and could cover lb.

Bergkampwonderland10
20-08-2012, 06:24 PM
^^ I agree regarding Arteta, i dont understand wengers refusal to just play players where they are at their best and i dont think that Arteta is a natural DM. A defender is needed for sure, Vertonghen(sp) would have been ideal, cb and could cover lb.

To be fair our scouts need to be doing a bit better in my opinion...Newcastle were tipped off by none other than Steve Mclaren regarding Tiote...and they'v managed to sign him for 4million, Santon 3 million, Ben Arfa for 6million, Cisse, 7million, Ba free, Cabaye 6million, Krul 1million, ....pretty much all for less than the price of 1 Andy Caroll...Our scouts need to do better!!!!

Cripps_orig
20-08-2012, 06:36 PM
To be fair our scouts need to be doing a bit better in my opinion...Newcastle were tipped off by none other than Steve Mclaren regarding Tiote...and they'v managed to sign him for 4million, Santon 3 million, Ben Arfa for 6million, Cisse, 7million, Ba free, Cabaye 6million, Krul 1million, ....pretty much all for less than the price of 1 Andy Caroll...Our scouts need to do better!!!!

:goodpost:

Every single one of them would walk in to our team.

Maybe Krul and Sir Ches at a similar level but the rest, no brainer

SayNoMore
20-08-2012, 06:41 PM
If we got all those players we would kill frimpong, diaby and chamakh....

Cripps_orig
20-08-2012, 11:28 PM
Tottenham are not interested in signing Arsenal's 28-year-old striker Marouane Chamakh.
Full story: talkSPORT

Only gossip concerning us

yay

Japan Shaking All Over
21-08-2012, 12:14 AM
Would like to say that no news is good news and that we are close to concluding all our business but. . .I imagine that isnt the case

Bergkampwonderland10
21-08-2012, 08:10 AM
I just think we'd spend too much time haggling for it to happen, we'd never pay a record price for someone like Fellaini and I think we would probably have to.I like him, he is a pure scrote, just like Tiote - although I do wonder if teams really need them. Granted, nearly every team does.

I think I should be chief scout at Arsenal...Fellaini...seriously...he terrorises us every season...how did Wenger not go in for him earlier!! Great performance from him yesterday...lovely to see Man Utd lose...the only regret I have is I took Fellaini out of my FFootie team at the last second because he was flashing up with an injury!!! Unbelievable. And just to add...Dempsey wants to leave fulham, fulham want Arshavin...do a deal PLEASE!!!!!

4-3-3
21-08-2012, 09:27 AM
marry go round

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/?cc=5739

Rennes general manager Pierre Dreossi believes it is possible that Yann M'Vila could sign for Arsenal before the close of the transfer window.

he desperately need to rise som money.why keep offering your best player to all possible buyers?

4-3-3
21-08-2012, 09:46 AM
http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/agente-sahin-sello-cesion-arsenal/20120821dasdaiftb_15/Tes
agent say sahin is done .

I_Killed_Kenny
21-08-2012, 09:50 AM
Fernando Llorente's agent has admitted the Athletic Bilbao ace could move to the Premier League before the close of the transfer window.

The Spain international seems set to leave Bilbao after turning down a new deal at the Basque outfit.

Juventus are thought to be leading the chase for Llorente having already made several bids for the giant striker's services.

However, the likes of Tottenham, Chelsea and Manchester City have all been credited with an interest in the 27-year-old.

Llorente's representative, Carlos Arino Bajo, claims two Premier League clubs - one from London and one from Manchester - have expressed an interest in signing the player.

"Tomorrow [Wednesday] Llorente will speak to his destination," Arino Bajo told the Daily Telegraph. "It is very, very possible he will decide to go to the Premier League.

"I don't know the [choice of] club at the moment but there are two [interested] clubs. One is in London, and one is in Manchester."

Personally i dont really understand the clamour on GW for llorente. I cant see us buying 2 strikers in the same mould (big man mould) but this is from sky. could be us but if we are up against city then we aint getting him!

4-3-3
21-08-2012, 09:59 AM
Fernando Llorente's agent has admitted the Athletic Bilbao ace could move to the Premier League before the close of the transfer window.

The Spain international seems set to leave Bilbao after turning down a new deal at the Basque outfit.

Juventus are thought to be leading the chase for Llorente having already made several bids for the giant striker's services.

However, the likes of Tottenham, Chelsea and Manchester City have all been credited with an interest in the 27-year-old.

Llorente's representative, Carlos Arino Bajo, claims two Premier League clubs - one from London and one from Manchester - have expressed an interest in signing the player.

"Tomorrow [Wednesday] Llorente will speak to his destination," Arino Bajo told the Daily Telegraph. "It is very, very possible he will decide to go to the Premier League.

"I don't know the [choice of] club at the moment but there are two [interested] clubs. One is in London, and one is in Manchester."

Personally i dont really understand the clamour on GW for llorente. I cant see us buying 2 strikers in the same mould (big man mould) but this is from sky. could be us but if we are up against city then we aint getting him!

i think he is 5pur2 bound, i will be shocked if he is to sign with us. we really need a fullback and a dm as mourinho refuses to insert any option in sahin deal.go get m'villa. and we are good to go.

4-3-3
21-08-2012, 10:56 AM
we could go for 9m moses.the kid is good. i dont think chelsea need him as much, they have the 2 brazilians on the bench, and they have mata hazzard, berstrand(him) and dont forget john terry can play there too.

AKBapologist
21-08-2012, 10:59 AM
we could go for 9m moses.the kid is good. i dont think chelsea need him as much, they have the 2 brazilians on the bench, and they have mata hazzard, berstrand(him) and dont forget john terry can play there too.

Maybe if walcott decides to fuck off...

GP
21-08-2012, 11:07 AM
Well, Walcott is better than Sinclair and Moses. Don't really need that kind of player at the moment anyway.

AKBapologist
21-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Arshavin's off apparently, after a bid from Zenit. :coffee:

McNamara That Ghost...
21-08-2012, 01:15 PM
De Rossi announces he will be staying at Roma, for the millionth time. :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
21-08-2012, 01:21 PM
better than both gervinho and walcott put togather.. wenger:coffee: always looking for a cheap option .

Not really no, let him do it at a top club with pressure before you make that assumption.

Cripps_orig
21-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Scott Sinclair is off to City. :unsure:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4498004/Ex-Corrie-star-Helen-Flanagans-bored-tweet-sparks-row-with-Swansea-fans.html

Cripps_orig
21-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Fulham are after Eduardo as a possible replacement for Dempsey

Eduardo :bow:

Dempsey is a Must Get

Shaqiri Is Boss
21-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Fulham are after Eduardo as a possible replacement for Dempsey

Eduardo :bow:

Dempsey is a Must Get
Apparently we're not interested in him any more, which would leave the door open.

Then again, it could all be subterfuge and we're just pretending to see if his position has become untenable.

AKBapologist
21-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Philippe Auclair, journalist and correspondent for France Football has claimed on the Guardian’s Football Weekly podcast that Arsenal are interested in signing Lyon’s Michel Bastos.
Bastos, who can play on the left side of midfield or at left back has made 80 appearances for the French side and Auclair said
“There’s talk around Lyon of Michel Bastos going to the Emirates.”
Auclair is not one who normally goes in for idle transfer speculation and it could just be ‘talk’ as he’s reported. With Wenger saying the club are still looking to sign a midfielder and a defender there could be some truth to this rumour. It hasn’t made its way in to the mainstream press yet.
Auclair also said
“He was in tears after the game. He is leaving.”
Bastos is a 29 year old who has been with Lyon since 2009 when he signed for the club from Lille. He has scored 23 goals in his 80 appearances and has also played for the Brazilian national team on 10 occasions.
Thanks to @_sampat for the heads up on this.
http://gossip.ladyarse.com/2012/08/auclair-arsenal-are-interested-in-bastos/?

I_Killed_Kenny
21-08-2012, 02:10 PM
WTF? another left back that can only attack and cant defend. balls to that!

McNamara That Ghost...
21-08-2012, 03:42 PM
RPQ have bid for Dawson apparently, does seem as though the Spuds will sell him.

Andaluz. :lol:

Another one bites the dust. Although we did get Arteta. :ninja:

Marc Overmars
21-08-2012, 04:52 PM
Llorente is in talks with 2 clubs from the Prem. "One is in London, and one is in Manchester.”

So City and Chelsea/Spurs.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/9488948/Emmanuel-Adebayor-set-for-Tottenham-switch-as-Fernando-Llorente-close-to-Premier-League-move.html

Olivier's xmas twist
21-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Llorente is in talks with 2 clubs from the Prem. "One is in London, and one is in Manchester.”

So City and Chelsea/Spurs.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/9488948/Emmanuel-Adebayor-set-for-Tottenham-
switch-as-Fernando-Llorente-close-to-Premier-League-move.html

Nah Spurs won't buy Lorente now they have Ade.

Boss
21-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Well...

18.09 BST: Are Tottenham looking to make another forward signing? Leandro Damiao is still on the cards, according to Globo Esporte. The Brazilian media giant report that representatives of the North London side are in Brazil for meetings with Internacional today.

:popcorn:

Boss
21-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Kevin Mirallas has revealed how the enthusiasm of David Moyes and the encouragement of Marouane Fellaini persuaded him to choose Everton over Arsenal.

Mirallas, 24, joined Everton from Olympiakos for £5.3 million on Sunday, signing a four-year deal. He had been close to signing for Arsenal, though, until Everton manager Moyes convinced him he would get more first-team football at Goodison Park.

Mirallas also took advice from Fellaini, his Belgium international team-mate, who urged him to move to Merseyside.

The striker was signed too late to play against Manchester United on Monday night, but was introduced to the fans on the pitch before kick-off, then watched from the stands as Fellaini capped an outstanding performance by heading the game's only goal.

Mirallas is instead expected to make his debut when Everton visit Aston Villa on Saturday.

He told reporters: "Discussions (with Arsenal) were at quite an advanced stage, but it was totally down to me to make the decision. From the word go, I was impressed with how much the manager wanted me here.

"What's important to me is to get plenty of time on the field. I think I will get the opportunity to play more games and more minutes with Everton. Obviously Marouane was a factor too. He told me Everton was a big club with a family spirit around the place.

"Not only did he help me coming here, but he'll help me settle in. It's nice to have a fellow countryman around the place."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1138635/kevin-mirallas:-david-moyes-convinced-me-to-join-everton?cc=4716

McNamara That Ghost...
21-08-2012, 06:00 PM
I guess Vermaelen must hate him.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-08-2012, 06:17 PM
At the risk of attacking a straw man - to be fair on him, he didn't really criticise us he was just saying he's got more chance of first team football at Everton which is probably true.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-08-2012, 07:35 PM
At the risk of attacking a straw man - to be fair on him, he didn't really criticise us he was just saying he's got more chance of first team football at Everton which is probably true.

:gp:

Boss
21-08-2012, 08:46 PM
18.39 BST: Back on QPR then, an interesting story in L'Equipe today that the West London club are set to beat both Chelsea and Manchester United to 17-year-old St Etienne centre-back Kurt Zouma. Would require an eventual fee of nearly £15 million, but it would be a massive statement of intent.

£15M for a 17 year old? Fucking hell.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-08-2012, 08:51 PM
£15M for a 17 year old? Fucking hell.

Football :lol:

Dennis Bendtner
21-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Chamberlain? Walcott? :shrug:

Granted going to QPR means something's not right.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-08-2012, 09:26 PM
I'll expound: £15 million for a 17year old defender. :wacko:

Dennis Bendtner
21-08-2012, 09:55 PM
Yeeeeah no answer for that. Lieutenant Jones is the closest I think.

Cripps_orig
21-08-2012, 11:05 PM
Arsenal will use the millions gained by selling Alex Song to Barcelona to attempt to sign defensive midfielder Cheick Tiote, 26, from Newcastle United.
Full story: caughtoffside.com

French side Rennes expect young midfielder Yann M'Vila, 21, to leave the club this week. The Ligue 1 side say they have received offers from Tottenham, Zenit St Petersburg and a third unnamed side, believed to be Arsenal.
Full story: Metro

Rather Tiote than M'Vila

KSE Comedy Club
21-08-2012, 11:12 PM
I'll expound: £15 million for a 17year old defender. :wacko:

But it's a massive statement of intent.......

:haha:

Master Splinter
22-08-2012, 02:39 AM
Chamberlain? Walcott? :shrug:

Granted going to QPR means something's not right.

English tax has to be taken into account for those though.

It's a shame Ailsa from Home And Away didn't stay at Citeh. I would have enjoyed his transfer muppetry on the grandest of scales for a number of seasons. He'd probably re-sign Bentley and Paul Robinson. He'd splash out £60m on Carroll and another £30m on Kevin Davies and Holt. Finally, he'd make a second statement of intent by swooping for Quaresma in a £75 million deal.

David Dunn and Pedersen would obviously be bought too.

Japan Shaking All Over
22-08-2012, 03:37 AM
Nah Spurs won't buy Lorente now they have Ade.

Yeah Spurs will suffice with Ade.......we are an outside bet but I can't imagine us bringing in someone as similar to Giourd as Llorente but we don't mind an excess of wide players so we can :pray: but the real money for the London club must be Chelsea........

cricketsi
22-08-2012, 06:23 AM
English tax has to be taken into account for those though.It's a shame Ailsa from Home And Away didn't stay at Citeh. I would have enjoyed his transfer muppetry on the grandest of scales for a number of seasons. He'd probably re-sign Bentley and Paul Robinson. He'd splash out £60m on Carroll and another £30m on Kevin Davies and Holt. Finally, he'd make a second statement of intent by swooping for Quaresma in a £75 million deal.David Dunn and Pedersen would obviously be bought too.Ambition :bow:. Wenger could take a leaf out of Hughes' book.

4-3-3
22-08-2012, 07:27 AM
i hope wenger brings yossi on loan again. he wants to leave chelsea and have a year left in his contract.type of player on the bench who can come on and makes difference in big games. i dont really trust gervinho. i know he can beat defenders but his final ball is woefull. yossi have alot of experience and he is truely a winner.

Xhaka Can’t
22-08-2012, 08:24 AM
Yossi was particularly effective towards the end of the season. He is professional and reliable in his approach and I would be happy to have him here this season.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-08-2012, 08:28 AM
What are RPQ doing? Apparently they've agreed a season-long loan for Ricardo Carvalho. Without question, they are my main candidate for the next Premier League side to go bust.

Syn
22-08-2012, 08:39 AM
We've been linked to Jesus Navas by AS.

Not bad. Its a shame Maccy doesn't rate him.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-08-2012, 08:43 AM
I do, tbf. I just don't think London can do a good enough impression of Seville. Having said that, he has been able to travel with the national team in the last few years which before wasn't possible.

Boss
22-08-2012, 08:50 AM
QPR linked with M'Bia and Boruc as well. :lol:

Apparently Stoke have signed Huddlestone on loan from Spurs, not sure if they can get any filthier ffs.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/name/onthemove/id/443?cc=4716

Marc Overmars
22-08-2012, 09:08 AM
QPR. :lol:

It will end in tears.

Not sure about Navas really, I like the thought of having another Spanish midget in the ranks but he'd be well out of his comfort zone here. Reyes probably wouldn't give him a glowing report either.

LDG
22-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Kaka :popcorn:

AKBapologist
22-08-2012, 09:35 AM
Jesus Navas :popcorn:

:pray:

McNamara That Ghost...
22-08-2012, 09:41 AM
QPR linked with M'Bia and Boruc as well. :lol:

Apparently Stoke have signed Huddlestone on loan from Spurs, not sure if they can get any filthier ffs.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/name/onthemove/id/443?cc=4716

FFS. I expect a wondergoal from him on Sunday then.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Charlotte Jackson says that Carvalho will be joining QPR online.

She is useless.

AKBapologist
22-08-2012, 10:06 AM
http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2012-08-22/arsenal-to-bid-15m-for-jesus-navas/?

LDG
22-08-2012, 10:09 AM
No chance of this one.

Marc Overmars
22-08-2012, 10:10 AM
Pretty much.

AKBapologist
22-08-2012, 10:15 AM
Jamie Sanderson ‏@YoungGunsBlog
Park Chu-Young has turned down a move to UAE side Al-Ain. Arsenal frustrated. Korean papers says he wants to play in Spain.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-08-2012, 10:19 AM
I wouldn't say no chance on Navas, Sevilla, like most Spanish clubs need the money - think they'd rather get rid of Negredo though, if anyone.

LDG
22-08-2012, 10:19 AM
Jamie Sanderson ‏@YoungGunsBlog
Park Chu-Young has turned down a move to UAE side Al-Ain. Arsenal frustrated. Korean papers says he wants to play in Spain.

Everyone who thinks twitter is bullshit will hold this one as true, and blame the club for it :good:

Marc Overmars
22-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Hopefully we can flog Park and Chakma, because then it would be fairly likely we'd go in for another striker.

Marc Overmars
22-08-2012, 10:33 AM
I wouldn't say no chance on Navas, Sevilla, like most Spanish clubs need the money - think they'd rather get rid of Negredo though, if anyone.

I think it's more to do with us, if we're going to splash out again it probably won't be on another attacking mid.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-08-2012, 10:34 AM
Well yeah, there is that. If it was to happen it'd be really: Theo :wave:.

LDG
22-08-2012, 10:38 AM
Well, it looks like we're actively trying to get rid of Park. Arshavin seems on his way to Zenit...we're freeing up squad places slowly but surely.

Grebbo
22-08-2012, 12:16 PM
Why the fuck can't we sell Bendtner FFS?!

There's some top money being spent at the moment for pretty average players...£10m for Dawson, £12m for Fletcher, £15m for Allen. Why the fuck can't we shift Bendtner??

He's worth £10m all day long. He's 24? Had an excellent Euros, was Sunderland's top scorer last season yet they'd rather spend £12m on fletcher! Surely QPR need another striker, they only have Cisse IIRC!

I don't get it. His wages aren't THAT high. He's on £50k per week not £100k.

Is it simply because he's a wanker?

If he wasn't such a twat I think he'd be a very decent 3rd choice striker for us.

AKBapologist
22-08-2012, 12:18 PM
He wants champions league. Limits his options a bit.

Cripps_orig
22-08-2012, 12:21 PM
Some tough questions on Bendtner there, i will do my best to answer them

Why the fuck can't we sell Bendtner FFS?!Cos hes shit

There's some top money being spent at the moment for pretty average players...£10m for Dawson, £12m for Fletcher, £15m for Allen. Why the fuck can't we shift Bendtner??Hes not even average tbf, he's well you know that word...shit

He's worth £10m all day long. He's 24? Had an excellent Euros, was Sunderland's top scorer last season yet they'd rather spend £12m on fletcher! Surely QPR need another striker, they only have Cisse IIRC!IIRC QPR have over 47 strikers. All shit just like Bendtner and dont forget we have Wenger in charge. The guy who sells the worlds best player for £16m, best left back for £5m plus a player, goes to the board to ask to put Cescs transfer fee down so any chance of selling Bendtner whos a bit shit for £10m are pretty slim

I don't get it. His wages aren't THAT high. He's on £50k per week not £100k.£52k i believe hence his number and that £2k can make all the difference tbh just like that 2% does...

Is it simply because he's a wanker?That plus hes shit

If he wasn't such a twat I think he'd be a very decent 3rd choice striker for us.This i agree with if you added if he had some talent and quality but he doesnt cos hes shit.

And to think people thought he was better than Chamakh :lol:

Dennis Bendtner
22-08-2012, 12:46 PM
We have too many ****s still here doing nothing. Quite predictable they wouldn't go easily. I would suspect Bender on loan to some no-hopers that are nowhere near his ambition, Chamakh still here, Park playing with the reserves before probably going to shoot people, Arshavin to Zenit and Squillaci still here drinking coffee in the stands every game. Wage and squad inefficiencies are inevitable at any club, but for a club such as ours there are lots costing us silly amounts a week for literally nothing. The good ones are leaving instead. That part of the squad rebuild has not gone very well so far.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Sunderland and Wolves have agreed a fee for Steven Fletcher - this is going to be a silly figure I am sure.

Globalgunner
22-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Navas would be epic if it could be true. However just wait until the first match at OT. Red nose would again deploy his thugs Evra and Scholes to take turns putting reducers on him with the policeman turning a blind eye. The poor chap would take the first flight from manchester airport straight back to spain.

However.....imagine the shirt sales, "Jesus Saves" Gods only son plays for Arsenal", "Born in a manger, living in Hatfield"..."Miracles guaranteed".

Master Splinter
22-08-2012, 01:57 PM
MON :haha:.

He reads too many Matt Law articles.

GP
22-08-2012, 02:20 PM
MON :haha:.

He reads too many Matt Law articles.

Me too.

I've only read one.

I_Killed_Kenny
22-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Navas would be epic if it could be true. However just wait until the first match at OT. Red nose would again deploy his thugs Evra and Scholes to take turns putting reducers on him with the policeman turning a blind eye. The poor chap would take the first flight from manchester airport straight back to spain.

However.....imagine the shirt sales, "Jesus Saves" Gods only son plays for Arsenal", "Born in a manger, living in Hatfield"..."Miracles guaranteed".

more than likely he will get homesick within a few weeks and have a shit season and will be sold back to a spanish club. I am sure there were reports about navas being so homesick that he even had to leave the squad for an international. no thanks.

"He suffers from chronic homesickness,[22] to the extent he walked out of training camps within Spain because they were too far away from Seville. He also suffers from anxiety attacks[23] and seizures.[24] Navas initially refused to travel with Sevilla during pre-season to the United States due to his acute homesickness, later deciding that he would travel in a bid to rid himself of this condition.[4]" from wiki

I_Killed_Kenny
22-08-2012, 02:31 PM
The Rise Of Jesus Navas
Posted on June 19, 2012 by SparrowDreizehn

Think of a Spanish player? Choose another? Ok, now choose one who doesn’t play for Barcelona, Real Madrid, or an English club? The player I am looking for has already scored at Euro 2012, albeit thanks to a generous assist from Andres Iniesta. Seven years ago, Jesus Navas suffered a bout of homesickness so severe that his Father and Brother had to take him home to Sevilla from the training camp in Huelva. For those with adequate Spanish geography, Huelva is in the same region as Sevilla. This is akin to leaving a camp in Leicester because you are homesick for Coventry.

Jesus Navas is a remarkable player, and has a scarcely believable story. In the overly masculine world of football, anxiety is a taboo. Football players are supposed to be robotic clones, speaking in predictable speak. Any sign of a perceived weakness is seized upon and held against you. Sadly, this is fast becoming a mere microcosm of wider society. Despite living in a world in which one in four adults suffer from a type of mental illness, silence is encouraged, whether this is as a result of fear of expectation.

In 2010, Jesus Navas replaced Pedro Rodruguez after 60 minutes of the World Cup final, and with the subsequent Spanish defeat of Netherlands, the rise was complete. It wasn’t always this way. In 2007, Sevilla had agreed to sell him to Chelsea, but the player rejected the move as he couldn’t manage to live outside of the wonderful city of Seville. The initial homesickness manifested into a far worse condition, a chronic anxiety which compromised any hope he had of representing the national team. Spending several days in Murcia with the under-21 team brought on an attack which put Jesus Navas’ dreams on hold. Murcia is only several hours away from Sevilla.

Yet, he spent six weeks in South Africa, and is half way through a tournament in Poland. Realising that he needed to seek help for his condition, Jesus Navas received therapy. Anxiety is often scorned at by wider society. It can strike anyone, often without warning, and can be a major obstruction to everyday life. Anxiety attacks often mimic heart attack symptoms, with a vastly increased heartbeat and pulse rate, coupled with an overwhelming sense of trepidation. Sadly, two of his then Sevilla team mates, Andres Palop and Enzo Maresca, were hugely dismissive of the condition, commenting to the press that Jesus Navas should ‘man up’.

Would a footballer with a broken leg be told the same? Of course not, as it is physically impossible to compete at the highest level with a physical condition. It is exasperating, therefore, that psychological issues are not viewed with the same severity. Thankfully, the rest of the Sevilla staff was supportive. Palop, a reserve Spanish goalkeeper when Spain triumphed in Euro 2008, was left out of the World Cup squad just as Jesus Navas was being included.

Spain has a wonderful squad, and it is a squad that is greatly enriched for the presence of Jesus Navas. Whilst they have been criticised for trying to score the perfect goal through intricate passing, the Sevilla star adds a different dimension. His direct pace and skill often produces an end product, and whilst he isn’t considered for the starting line-up, he is often the first substitute made by Vicente Del Bosque. Considering that three years ago the player himself was saying that he ‘has to be calm and take slow steps’ just to be considered for the national squad, this is remarkable progress.

The most intriguing footballers are infinitely flawed. In most examples this is down to lifestyle choices, but can there truly be a defence for an athlete who wastes their career through drink, drugs and sex? John Terry certainly isn’t a flawed genius because he feels a sense of superiority over women; he is just a reprehensible character. Dennis Bergkamp was the most elegant footballer of his generation, yet this fear of flying never diminished.

Jesus Navas is in a similar mode, but he is someone who has chosen to be honest about his anxiety. This makes him more endearing, more human. There are no doubt countless other footballers who have underlying conditions that they are unwilling to admit, paralysed by a fear of being ridiculed by a culture that still struggles to fully embrace difference. The rise of Jesus Navas from homesick teenager to World Cup winner is a heart-warming story, but the real battle is the one that he is thankfully winning. Like any mental illness, it is a lifelong battle that will never fully dissipate, but for now, Spain’s hopes could well rest on the winger from Sevilla.

McNamara That Ghost...
To be fair, he has seen psychologists since then - that link takes you to a 2006 page.

Well ok that one doesn't but the first of the above is true.

Cripps_orig
Tbf that was years ago.

Hes not like that anymore

LDG
22-08-2012, 02:32 PM
Sounds like a lost little boy crying inside, to me.

I_Killed_Kenny
22-08-2012, 02:37 PM
my missus suffers from depression so i know how it can be like to deal with, but it comes and goes. when it comes its really shitty so imagine that happening at the business end to the season when we are going well on 4 fronts, in 2 cup finals etc (ok that last part was a dream!).

Cripps_orig
22-08-2012, 02:39 PM
my missus suffers from depression so i know how it can be like to deal with, but it comes and goes. when it comes its really shitty so imagine that happening at the business end to the season when we are going well on 4 fronts, in 2 cup finals etc (ok that last part was a dream!).Going well on all 4 fronts seems like a dream as well

Marc Overmars
22-08-2012, 02:42 PM
It's one thing travelling with the national team every so often, but moving to play and live in another a country is bound to be a task for him. Shit weather, cloggers looking to snap you, crowds calling you a **** every game, he probably wouldn't last long.

Cripps_orig
22-08-2012, 02:44 PM
Tbf, the weather here is probably better than it is in Spain

I_Killed_Kenny
22-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Tbf, the weather here is probably better than it is in Spain only for now! next week, welcome back rain! apparently!

Cripps_orig
22-08-2012, 03:05 PM
only for now! next week, welcome back rain! apparently!
Lets hope so

Rain is better than the sun

I_Killed_Kenny
22-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Lets hope so

only if you are indoors

Jimmy Valmer
22-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Lets hope so

Correct.

Cripps_orig
22-08-2012, 03:17 PM
only if you are indoors

Outdoors or indoors tbh

Sooner the sun blows up and we live in constant rain, hurricanes etc, the better

McNamara That Ghost...
22-08-2012, 03:19 PM
Sooner The Sun blows up the better

Too true.

The Realist
22-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Any news on Nuri Sahin loan deal to us?? apparently talks have died down now ffs..

McNamara That Ghost...
22-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Read the Sahin thread.

Shaqiri Is Boss
22-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Sunderland and Wolves have agreed a fee for Steven Fletcher - this is going to be a silly figure I am sure.
Initial figure of £12m according the BBC.

And Wolves could get about £10m for Jarvis as well.

Not bad.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-08-2012, 08:47 PM
£12 million at least. :haha:

Kyle?
22-08-2012, 09:14 PM
£12 million at least. :haha:

Didn't we pay 12 million for Cazorla? I think wolves are ripping them off.

Cripps_orig
22-08-2012, 09:18 PM
I dont think Fletcher is shit imho

Hes got in to double figures for a shite ass Wolves side in both his seasons there

Not worth what is being paid for him but thats down to good negotiation from Wolves and MON being a tard

McNamara That Ghost...
22-08-2012, 09:25 PM
Didn't we pay 12 million for Cazorla? I think wolves are ripping them off.

Probably a bit more but even so, this British Tax thing is silly.

And Cripps, true, MONg tbf.

Grebbo
22-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Probably a bit more but even so, this British Tax thing is silly.

And Cripps, true, MONg tbf.

What's the tax thing?

McNamara That Ghost...
22-08-2012, 09:31 PM
What's the tax thing?

Nothing official, just that British players cost so much more.

Grebbo
22-08-2012, 09:34 PM
Oh I get you

Cripps_orig
22-08-2012, 09:38 PM
What's the tax thing?

Its pretty simple

You take what the valuation of the player and then add the British tax if the player is British. How much the tax is varies from player to player. In this case, the tax is £11.9m..

Cripps_orig
22-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Toulouse midfielder Moussa Sissoko has revealed his desire to play in the Premier League after talks over a move to Italian club Roma broke down over the summer.

The 23-year-old has been on the radar of top-flight English clubs for several years, after he reportedly turned down a move across the Channel to sign professional terms with his boyhood club Toulouse.

Talking to Bein Sport, he said: “As a player I want to grow, but I have not forgotten that I have a contract. I have to give myself fully to this club [Toulouse]. I have one year left on my contract, I will try to give the maximum and next year we'll see.

“I matured, I grew up and learned a lot with Toulouse. It's been six years that I am with Téfécé."

The French international has been capped for his national side on three occassions, having been part of the national setup since under-16 level.

Sissoko has made a staggering 168 appearances for the Ligue 1 side since his debut in 2007 and has also scored on 19 occassions, but revealed his ambition was to play for a top club in England.

“The English league attracts me first," revealed Sissoko.

"My profile might interest some clubs. But if I leave Téfécé it will be for a higher club like Man United, Arsenal, City or even Newcastle and Tottenham. But I know I still have to work for it.

“There have been discussions with Roma this summer, but no concrete offer.”

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3274/ligue-1/2012/08/22/3324109/moussa-sissoko-calls-out-manchester-city-united-and-arsenal

Whoring himself out to clubs

We are against that after the stick we gave Ade so i doubt anyone on here will want this dude...

Cripps_orig
22-08-2012, 11:10 PM
Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho says he is willing to loan 23-year-old Turkish midfielder Nuri Sahin to an English club, but he "couldn't care less if he goes to Arsenal or Liverpool or Tottenham. I have no preference."
Full story: Guardian

With just a year left on winger Theo Walcott's contract, Arsenal are focusing their attention on acquiring Sevilla star Jesus Navas. The 26-year-old Spanish international has a £35m buy-out clause but his club are expected to accept a much lower offer.
Full story: Daily Star

Players who have quit Arsenal over the last seven years have amassed 44 winners' medals between them at 11 different clubs, while those who stayed at the Emirates have empty trophy cabinets.
Full story: the Sun

Nothing new there

Boss
23-08-2012, 08:13 AM
Liverpool want Sturridge

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1140256/liverpool-set-to-renew-daniel-sturridge-interest?cc=4716

4-3-3
23-08-2012, 08:53 AM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/holland-and-ampadu-join-arsenal-s-academy

kwame is official

Marc Overmars
23-08-2012, 09:08 AM
QPR are front runners to sign Julio Cesar. :lol:

They must be spending a fortune on wages.

4-3-3
23-08-2012, 09:37 AM
isco was supperb last night. can we pls nic him.

LDG
23-08-2012, 09:41 AM
Reports that M'Vila has turned down a move to Zenit, after he received racist death threats from Russian fans.

:rolleyes:

4-3-3
23-08-2012, 09:46 AM
probably arshavin's brothers, so he wont comt to arsenal then?:console:

Dennis Bendtner
23-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Potential £10.75m for Jarvis to Wolves.

To add to at least £12m (no doubt a bit in add-ons) for Fletcher.

Should we sign Wolves' negotiators?

Globalgunner
23-08-2012, 09:59 AM
QPR are front runners to sign Julio Cesar. :lol:

They must be spending a fortune on wages.

More money than sense there plus they have a manager who seems to be addicted to the transfer window. equivalent of a millionaires wife with a Diners club platinum card

Japan Shaking All Over
23-08-2012, 10:07 AM
Potential £10.75m for Jarvis to Wolves.

To add to at least £12m (no doubt a bit in add-ons) for Fletcher.

Should we sign Wolves' negotiators?

Jarvis to Wolves?

Japan Shaking All Over
23-08-2012, 10:11 AM
Reports that M'Vila has turned down a move to Zenit, after he received racist death threats from Russian fans.

:rolleyes:

Can see this guy coming to us. . .and Wenger making Rennes bow to power of his WUM by accepting a low last minute bid. . .say 8 million!

bignev
23-08-2012, 10:18 AM
Can see this guy coming to us. . .and Wenger making Rennes bow to power of his WUM by accepting a low last minute bid. . .say 8 million!

If only........

LDG
23-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Celta Vigo in for Park on loan :pray:

AKBapologist
23-08-2012, 01:30 PM
Spanish paper AS are reporting that Celta Vigo are negotiating with Arsenal over taking their Korean striker Park Chu-Young to Spain on loan for the 2012/13 season.
Park, who won a bronze medal with his national side at the Olympics, saw his number 9 shirt given to Lukas Podolski ahead of the new season and has hardly featured for the Gunners since his arrival last summer in one of the more surprising moves of that transfer window.

AS don’t give any quotes or sources but it is no secret that Arsenal have been trying to find somewhere to send Park who wasn’t even selected as a substitute on many occasions last season.
No-one is quite sure why Park was signed by Arsenal and why, after signing him he wasn’t given more of a chance given the complete lack of confidence that Chamakh played with. In total, Park has made four appearances for Arsenal and scored one goal in the Carling Cup against Bolton. He made two starts and came off the bench twice.

I don’t know how much truth there is to this rumour, but it is clear that his time at Arsenal is up and I doubt either he nor the club wish to keep him around just to waste his time.
:pray:

Cripps_orig
23-08-2012, 02:31 PM
Ray Wilkins has told Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini he should be targeting Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen this summer.

Mancini is desperate to land another centre-half to boost City's bid to retain their Premier League title and is reported to have tabled a £30milion offer for Chelsea’s Luiz.
But Wilkins claims Belgian ace Vermaelen, appointed Arsenal captain last week following Robin Van Persie’s departure, would be a better buy.
The former Chelsea assistant told talkSPORT: “If I was Manchester City, I would look at Vermaelen to play alongside [Vincent] Kompany.
“Kompany on the right side, Vermaelen on the left side, you would have a rock solid back two there. And he probably wouldn’t cost you £30million either.
“For that sort of money, Vermaelen looks a very, very good centre-half and he’s naturally left sided, so that would seem a good option.”

Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/120823/exclusive-%E2%80%93-wilkins-tells-man-city-go-vermaelen-not-luiz-179282#Qwc4rc8IkBLdLouY.99

Wtf?

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2012, 02:32 PM
My word.

The Wengerbabies
23-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Wtf?

It was only a matter of time when he got the captaincy tbh.

Cripps_orig
23-08-2012, 02:38 PM
A host of Premier League sides, including Tottenham and Arsenal, are chasing Roma striker Bojan Krkic, according to Spanish newspaper Sport.
Krkic, who became the second youngest player to score in Champions League history when he netted for Barcelona against Schalke in 2008, left his boyhood club for Roma last summer, but endured a disappointing debut campaign in Italy, managing just seven goals in 33 outings as the capital club finished 7th in Serie A.
However, the 21-year-old is still regarded as one of the most promising young forwards in Europe, and reports in Spains suggest he is on the radar of Tottenham, Arsenal, AC Milan, Valencia and Atletico Madrid.
Despite completing the permanent signing of Emmanuel Adebayor, Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas is thought to be on the lookout for one more forward before the close of the transfer window.
And Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger could re-enter the transfer market to find a replacement for Robin Van Persie, even though he has already added Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud to his squad.

Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/120823/spurs-and-arsenal-chasing-spanish-strike-star-reports-179307#s4z5yeGsRw8U8Svh.99

This guy is awful

Barcas Youth Project :lol:

LDG
23-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Wtf?

I'm finding it difficult to stay on my feet after reading that.

Shaqiri Is Boss
23-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Fulham have made an official complaint to us over Dempsey :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2012, 03:02 PM
It's a complaint specifically about Rodgers apparently. :unsure:

Then again, what does Bryan Swanson know?

Cripps_orig
23-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Hopefully that ends any chance of Liverpool getting him and we end up with him instead

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Or it is intended so Liverpool give them more money as 'compensation'.

Shaqiri Is Boss
23-08-2012, 03:09 PM
It's a complaint specifically about Rodgers apparently. :unsure:

Then again, what does Bryan Swanson know?
Apparently it's based on the inaccurate NESN article and Rodgers' clarification, and because it was made over a month ago we've already responded.

If that's it then it's pretty petty.

As for Dempsey, we seemingly lost interest anyway after baulking at their price. Shocking I know.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Well this is from the club with a Michael Jackson statue.

Shaqiri Is Boss
23-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Well this is from the club with a Michael Jackson statue.

Fair point.

He should have done it from the car window though. Where anything goes.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2012, 03:20 PM
They had an interview with him today from a golf course, sadly he wasn't in a golf cart with the window down.

I think this Dempsey thing is just because they're searching for a reason why he is 'refusing' to play.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
23-08-2012, 03:42 PM
They had an interview with him today from a golf course, sadly he wasn't in a golf cart with the window down.

I think this Dempsey thing is just because they're searching for a reason why he is 'refusing' to play.

maybe he's picked up a particurlarly nasty venereal disease whilst on holiday and he's weeping black puss from his bell end and he doesn't want the boys looking at his willy in the shower.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2012, 03:44 PM
That's an eventuality I hadn't considered, it's true.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
23-08-2012, 03:48 PM
That's an eventuality I hadn't considered, it's true.

Frankly it alarms even me that i am able to have such thoughts!

GP
23-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Frankly it alarms even me that i am able to have such thoughts!

Did you give him said disease?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
23-08-2012, 03:59 PM

Not directly, might have pointed him in that general direction though

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2012, 04:04 PM

Well, he is a zombie.

LDG
23-08-2012, 04:09 PM
Not directly, might have pointed him in that general direction though

You shouldn't point, it's rude. And certainly not at your missus.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
23-08-2012, 04:23 PM
You shouldn't point, it's rude. And certainly not at your missus.

it isn't polite to wipe your dick on the curtains, didn't stop clint though

LDG
23-08-2012, 04:24 PM
Lucky you have black curtains.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2012, 04:27 PM
I think I should be chief scout at Arsenal...Fellaini...seriously...he terrorises us every season...how did Wenger not go in for him earlier!! Great performance from him yesterday...lovely to see Man Utd lose...the only regret I have is I took Fellaini out of my FFootie team at the last second because he was flashing up with an injury!!! Unbelievable. And just to add...Dempsey wants to leave fulham, fulham want Arshavin...do a deal PLEASE!!!!!

I think Dempsey is probably going to be Liverpool bound I am afraid. I did my best.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-08-2012, 06:16 PM
Wigan Accept bid from chavs for moses.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2012, 06:22 PM
Another forward/winger? :haha:

4-3-3
23-08-2012, 07:09 PM
la galastico tonight.nice to watch proper football with no arsenal interest. just comparing who you hate the most and mourinho is the worst for me.
no fabregas no song tonight. sad to say fabregas doent fit in this team at all.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2012, 07:25 PM
There's a thread for it in Other Football.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-08-2012, 07:25 PM
There's a thread for it in Other Football.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Another forward/winger? :haha:

Wigan confirming their relegation by selling tbh.

Master Splinter
23-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Wigan confirming their relegation by selling tbh.

They have Ryo now tbh.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Wigan and relegation? :lol:

They'll go mental yet again when it seems inevitable.

Bergkampwonderland10
24-08-2012, 06:02 AM
I think Dempsey is probably going to be Liverpool bound I am afraid. I did my best.
Haven't fulham reported Liverpool for tapping up?