PDA

View Full Version : Super Super Quality Transfer Speculation & Shit

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Power n Glory
25-05-2012, 02:52 PM
Eduardo; Nasri; Koscielny; Song; Oxlade; Arshavin; Nasri; Arteta; Mertesacker. All players who were either 'names' or quality players. Not sure Wenger's got it any more wrong than other top managers when evened out. Even the great SAF had to rely on 2 geriatrics this season because he didn;t have sufficient quality in house...

Song came through our ranks and developed as a good player. One of the few to make it through the reserves, on to the loan spell and then into the first team. But Merts, Kos, Oxlade, Arteta, Arshavin and even Nasri....we should have been brining in experienced players before Henry left, it's been a slow drip and he takes too long to strengthen key areas. By chance, we stumbled upon Sczczeny. If Fabianski didn't get injured, he'd probably still be our first choice keeper. Now we finally have a decent keeper and few decent looking defenders, our central midfield has been ripped apart, that was one of strongest areas. We've taken too long to bring players and get a balance in the squad. Now that we've finally found a goals scorer, we're about to have another Adebayor/Henry moment with RVP. We're constantly putting out fires instead of building upon a strong foundation.

Niall_Quinn
25-05-2012, 03:07 PM
Song came through our ranks and developed as a good player. One of the few to make it through the reserves, on to the loan spell and then into the first team. But Merts, Kos, Oxlade, Arteta, Arshavin and even Nasri....we should have been brining in experienced players before Henry left, it's been a slow drip and he takes too long to strengthen key areas. By chance, we stumbled upon Sczczeny. If Fabianski didn't get injured, he'd probably still be our first choice keeper. Now we finally have a decent keeper and few decent looking defenders, our central midfield has been ripped apart, that was one of strongest areas. We've taken too long to bring players and get a balance in the squad. Now that we've finally found a goals scorer, we're about to have another Adebayor/Henry moment with RVP. We're constantly putting out fires instead of building upon a strong foundation.

Whatever we do, Barcelona, City, the chavs are in a position to watch us develop talent and then slap a stupid amount of money on the table. What do we do about that? You think that shitbag Nasri would have stayed if we won the PL but couldn't offer the same money as city? Cesc was gone anyway. RvP is looking for the last big pay day, we can't afford to compete with the clubs who could make that happen for him. Cashley we know about. Ade, another cash whore. Arsenal built all these players either from raw material or by improving them to the levels that alerted the big sniper clubs. What can we realistically do to stop this happening? Hanging on to Ox and Wilshere will be the next big challenge. And potential replacements see the silly money being offered to pluck the talent out of our team and suddenly they think they are worth the same. That little shit Hazard, for example? £200K a week for somebody who has achieved fuck all? That's the legacy of the bullshit way clubs like Barca, Real and city operate. They destabilise the whole game and get away with it because stupid ****s in the media and football authorities love these mega money mercenary outfits because they put arses on seats. It's all about the cash.

I don't think we've done too badly over the last few years considering the ruthless way the like of Barca have pursued our players and tried to unsettle us. Could have been better for sure but it's not so fair to ignore the conditions we are operating under.

Niall_Quinn
25-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Deffo don't want this guy anywhere near our club.

JAN VERTONGHEN has warned Tottenham to hurry up and sign him — or risk losing out to Arsenal.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4338418/Jan-Vertonghen-issues-Tottenham-warning.html

Power n Glory
25-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Whatever we do, Barcelona, City, the chavs are in a position to watch us develop talent and then slap a stupid amount of money on the table. What do we do about that? You think that shitbag Nasri would have stayed if we won the PL but couldn't offer the same money as city? Cesc was gone anyway. RvP is looking for the last big pay day, we can't afford to compete with the clubs who could make that happen for him. Cashley we know about. Ade, another cash whore. Arsenal built all these players either from raw material or by improving them to the levels that alerted the big sniper clubs. What can we realistically do to stop this happening? Hanging on to Ox and Wilshere will be the next big challenge. And potential replacements see the silly money being offered to pluck the talent out of our team and suddenly they think they are worth the same. That little shit Hazard, for example? £200K a week for somebody who has achieved fuck all? That's the legacy of the bullshit way clubs like Barca, Real and city operate. They destabilise the whole game and get away with it because stupid ****s in the media and football authorities love these mega money mercenary outfits because they put arses on seats. It's all about the cash.

I don't think we've done too badly over the last few years considering the ruthless way the like of Barca have pursued our players and tried to unsettle us. Could have been better for sure but it's not so fair to ignore the conditions we are operating under.

As long as people keep looking to outside influences and using money as an excuse, it will always be our crutch and we'll never push on as a club. We have a reputation now for being bottlers and an unambitious club. When you keep throwing away leads, title challenges and finals, it takes it's toll. Some playere leave for money but some get worn out. RVP, Cesc, Song and Henry were at the club for a long time. We should have built around a core group of players instead of shifting all the responsility on to them. It all started with Vieria. We never replaced him and the senior players kept on calling for new playere to help us and it never happened. We're on that same cycle where players at leaving becaue they're frustrated. Some leave for money, but a lot of have left because we're static.

Niall_Quinn
25-05-2012, 04:42 PM
As long as people keep looking to outside influences and using money as an excuse, it will always be our crutch and we'll never push on as a club. We have a reputation now for being bottlers and an unambitious club. When you keep throwing away leads, title challenges and finals, it takes it's toll. Some playere leave for money but some get worn out. RVP, Cesc, Song and Henry were at the club for a long time. We should have built around a core group of players instead of shifting all the responsility on to them. It all started with Vieria. We never replaced him and the senior players kept on calling for new playere to help us and it never happened. We're on that same cycle where players at leaving becaue they're frustrated. Some leave for money, but a lot of have left because we're static.

Money as an excuse? Money is 95% of the game, everything else (all that BS about trophies and ambition) fits into the other 5%

When all is said and done, where do the (supposedly) top players end up? At the clubs that pay the most in wages. We're on the fringes of the leading pack so we can still attract quality, but it's always ripe to be siphoned off by clubs that are not bound by standard business restrictions, bollocks like profit and loss, cashflow, that kind of shit that 99.9% of the world has to pay attention to. Observing the reality of this fact is not an excuse, it's just the way it is. We can clearly see the influence of money in the game. Perhaps players do get worn out but that's speculation based on stuff that goes on behind the scenes and a lot of it will surely be public relations designed to make a greedy bastard a little bit more attractive than he'd otherwise seem. Fans do the paying not the earning so we're always likely to value attributes such as loyalty. But why should the players care when it's a money spinning bonanza and they hold all the cards? Some of the fuckers don't even need to play these days to get their £100K a week. I think you're confusing the fans' view with the players' view and then criticising the club based on characteristics you assume exist in those players. The little scrotes don't even speak for themselves anyway, they have agents telling them what to think and say. It can't be easy trying to manage the little fucks.

Power n Glory
25-05-2012, 05:10 PM
There are players that leave at the first opportunity after being courted by the big flubs and players that turn down offers and stick it for as long as possible until they grow tired.

When players watch guys like Almunia and Denilson make mistake after mistake and nothing is done to bring in quality players, the top players start to question the direction we're heading in. What we did last summer with Arteta, Merts, Santos...we should have done that while we still had Cesc and Nasri in the squad. We've allowed rubbish players to have too many games and Wenger has been fat too patient.

Ollie the Optimist
25-05-2012, 05:24 PM
if we are second choice to the scum then that player can fuck off. no fucking way am i playing second fiddle to the scum

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 05:40 PM
Chelsea are close to signing Hulk, seen a figure of 35 million euros mentioned, anyway, thank fuck it's not Falcao.

Joker
25-05-2012, 05:40 PM
I still think if you took a sample of players most would prefer us to Spurs, but for how much longer? They're definitely progressing as a club, while we've stagnated which is why we're beginning to see players like Vertonghen wanting to join Spurs.

KSE Comedy Club
25-05-2012, 05:42 PM
On ssn app it says that dempsey has hinted at a move away from full ham as he wants to play champions league football. Come on arsene, make it happen!

Master Splinter
25-05-2012, 05:45 PM
€ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro_sign)35m is surprisingly cheap for a Banner signing like Hulk.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 05:50 PM
€ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro_sign)35m is surprisingly cheap for a Banner signing like Hulk.

Nice. Though Hulk isn't even in the b-team of superheroes in fairness.

AKBapologist
25-05-2012, 05:51 PM
He's pretty average

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Master Splinter
25-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Sadly though, he's another athlete who can access Beast Mode at any time.

It would be an Abomination if he has the same impact that Dids had on us.

Dennis Bendtner
25-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Hulk is unconvincing. For the moment, another for the Gomez group of oafs with incredible goal records.

Lukaku :pal:

selassie
25-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Why do we delay so much when signing one player ?

Waiting Periods?

Because Man City are doping the market?

Because it's more important to get injured players back because they are like new signings?

On a serious note, I've no idea why we don't tie up deals quickly but most of our signings are quite long drawn out sagas...we do struggle to sign more established players, we got away with it last season with Arteta because he took a pay cut. That was after he forced through the move when we originally offered Everton 5 million for him and they laughed us out of town.

selassie
25-05-2012, 06:39 PM
I agree completely. I'd just hoped you would have seen the joke. :(

Sorry Coney, it went over my head, I'm getting senile in my old age :faint:

Munchies
25-05-2012, 07:06 PM
Hulk's release clause is so hilarious, £100 million hahaha. If Chelsea get him for £15-20m then I reckon he'd be a good signing.

Also: Dempsey wants champions league football. Reckon we should put a bid in.
http://static3.tribalfootball.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/front-page/stories/bg_dempsey.jpg (http://tribalfootball.com/articles/dempsey-wants-champions-league-football-casting-fulham-future-doubt-3196991)

Niall_Quinn
25-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Waiting Periods?

Because Man City are doping the market?

Because it's more important to get injured players back because they are like new signings?

On a serious note, I've no idea why we don't tie up deals quickly but most of our signings are quite long drawn out sagas...we do struggle to sign more established players, we got away with it last season with Arteta because he took a pay cut. That was after he forced through the move when we originally offered Everton 5 million for him and they laughed us out of town.

We're the only club to have made a significant signing so far aren't we? Everything else is rumour and agents gossiping. All the big names will be whoring it up at the Euros trying to add a couple of zeros to the end of their already stupid pay packets. Wouldn't imagine the last minutes stuff is always down to the club. I can certainly see a few of those puke agents stringing things out. Doubt the player wants to be hanging around on the last day either but the grubby middlemen have to be satisfied, don't they?

Syn
25-05-2012, 08:22 PM
Genuinely - when is Arsene leaving? I thought it had been established many moons ago that it was PSG summer 2012. What happened to that? When does his current contract end? I don't want any "Waaahhh!! He's earning £6.99m more than me for doing fuck all so of course he's not going anywhere until he dies and we're in the 4th division in year 2038". I don't want any of that. I just want to know - when is he leaving?

Ollie the Optimist
25-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Genuinely - when is Arsene leaving? I thought it had been established many moons ago that it was PSG summer 2012. What happened to that? When does his current contract end? I don't want any "Waaahhh!! He's earning £6.99m more than me for doing fuck all so of course he's not going anywhere until he dies and we're in the 4th division in year 2038". I don't want any of that. I just want to know - when is he leaving?

think his contract is up in two years time. if im right he signed a three year deal last year so just completed the first year of it this season

Syn
25-05-2012, 08:39 PM
think his contract is up in two years time. if im right he signed a three year deal last year so just completed the first year of it this season

I must tell you, I think it's more 2-3 weeks.

KSE Comedy Club
25-05-2012, 11:13 PM
Hazard has apparently chosen to go to utd.

But they have failed with a bid of £12m for kagawa.

Could he be on his way to us?

Syn
25-05-2012, 11:17 PM
Hazard has apparently chosen to go to utd.

But they have failed with a bid of £12m for kagawa.

Could he be on his way to us?

Didn't the 12 year old Malaysian kid off Twitter know the answer to that as well?

KSE Comedy Club
25-05-2012, 11:20 PM
Didn't the 12 year old Malaysian kid off Twitter know the answer to that as well?Well the hazard story is on goal.com and is from French sources and them failing with a bid for kagawa is from the guardian.

I would link them but I'm on the iPad and it's a PITA.

Niall_Quinn
26-05-2012, 01:06 AM
Well the hazard story is on goal.com and is from French sources and them failing with a bid for kagawa is from the guardian.

I would link them but I'm on the iPad and it's a PITA.

Quite wrong in fact. The iPad kicks ass in every conceivable way but does not prompt any pain in the nether regions. You probably have piles or something else completely unrelated to Apple products.

Cripps_orig
26-05-2012, 12:57 PM
PITA? :unsure:

Anyway

Yann M'Vila has stated that his club future will not be decided until after Euro 2012.

The Rennes midfielder is in high demand and has been linked with a big-money move to either Arsenal or Inter, but as yet the France international’s future is undecided.

With the 21-year-old part of Laurent Blanc’s squad to travel to Ukraine and Poland, M’Vila has stated that nothing will be confirmed until after the competition.

"I think my future will be resolved after Euro 2012," he told RMC Sport.

“I do not think about it. I am only thinking about the France team. If I have to sign in August, I will. The France team comes first.”

M’Vila was recently arrested for assault, but he feels that he does not warrant a bad-boy label.

“These are teething problems. Basically, I am very calm and nice, but when you disrespect me I lose my cool," he added.

“I have seen it in the press - it is sad for those who support you, your loved ones. I have two kids and I do not feel like they think their father is bad. I have started to get the label of a French bad boy. I do not want it.

“I hope clubs tracking me understand that I am not like that at all.”

M'Vila has made 50 club appearances this season, scoring two goals and grabbing one assist.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3284/euro-2012/2012/05/26/3128062/arsenal-target-mvila-my-club-future-will-be-decided-after

Inter can have him

Dennis Bendtner
26-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Sky Sports understands Arsenal and Manchester City are set to do battle over Lazio skipper Stefan Radu.

Radu is one of the most highly-rated defenders in Italy, and has been labelled the new Cristian Chivu since an early age - as he can also play at left-back and centre-half.

The Romanian international signed a new long-term deal last summer, but Lazio could find it hard to resist a big-money offer which they now look set to receive from England.

The 25-year-old has now moved to the top of the radar of both Arsene Wenger and Roberto Mancini, who are clearly tempted by his ability to play in more than one position.

Both Arsenal and City lacked defensive numbers at various points during the season, and it is little surprise they have turned their attention towards a high-profile performer such as Radu.

Having been with Lazio since 2008, Sky Sports understands that Radu would welcome the chance to make his mark in England.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7779164/Duo-ready-for-Radu-battle

Must get. Maybe.

Niall_Quinn
26-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Yann M'Vila has stated that his club future will not be decided until after Euro 2012.

What a surprise. Don't want this **** at the club either.

Grebbo
26-05-2012, 02:17 PM
If M'Vila has a good game against England we have no chance of signing him.

We either sign him now or hope that he has a shit game but is actually a world beater.

Ollie the Optimist
26-05-2012, 03:01 PM
What a surprise. Don't want this **** at the club either.

i disagree, i dont have a problem with this quote at all. its shows that he is focused on his short term aim of hleping his country imo. and helps us too, if he came out and said he would sign for us, it stops city coming in and throwing money at him to get him

KSE Comedy Club
26-05-2012, 03:24 PM
i disagree, i dont have a problem with this quote at all. its shows that he is focused on his short term aim of hleping his country imo. and helps us too, if he came out and said he would sign for us, it stops city coming in and throwing money at him to get him Not really.

All it does is show that he wants to wait until after he's put himself in the shop window and hope a big money offer comes in for him.

I don't know what your on about in the second half of your post tbh.

KSE Comedy Club
26-05-2012, 03:28 PM
PITA? :unsure:
Pain In The Arse :good:

Ollie the Optimist
26-05-2012, 03:38 PM
Not really.

All it does is show that he wants to wait until after he's put himself in the shop window and hope a big money offer comes in for him.

i meant that, if he came out and said arsenal have offered me a deal etc it just stops city or chelsea or whoever doubling our offer to tempt him at hte last minute

Niall_Quinn
26-05-2012, 03:39 PM
We should sign players who actually want to come here. Why would we want whores who settle for us only because city have a fixed number of squad places?

KSE Comedy Club
26-05-2012, 03:48 PM
i meant that, if he came out and said arsenal have offered me a deal etc it just stops city or chelsea or whoever doubling our offer to tempt him at hte last minute Yeh but he hasn't and he won't. If he he had any intention of signing for us, assuming a deal is on the table, then he would have done it by now.

Ollie the Optimist
26-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Yeh but he hasn't and he won't. If he he had any intention of signing for us, assuming a deal is on he table, then he would have done it by now.

i think there is something happening with it. you have two journalists who tend to know their stuff about Arsenal both saying different things. one says deal is on and 99% done, one says not at all. there is so much confusion that i believe something is happening. guess its about the clubs agreeing fee imo. i personally think we will get him

fakeyank
26-05-2012, 04:04 PM
We should sign players who actually want to come here. Why would we want whores who settle for us only because city have a fixed number of squad places?

We signed Chamakh.. he really wanted to come here. Its the getting rid part which is difficult! :ilt:

Özim
26-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Pain In The Arse :good:
Nah, he meant the bread

Özim
26-05-2012, 04:21 PM
We do, that's why we have players like Gervinho, Ramsey and Squillaci :lol:

Özim
26-05-2012, 04:25 PM
Not really.

Could be, could also be he's not really interested in playing for us just like Yaya Toure for example who came out and said he had no interest in us.

Right now I don't think we're top of the list for clubs to sign for and not just because of the money, we've made our bed and now we have to lie in it. i hardly think the RVP situation will help the perception players have about us change either.

Niall_Quinn
26-05-2012, 05:18 PM
We signed Chamakh.. he really wanted to come here. Its the getting rid part which is difficult! :ilt:

I said players, as in football players.

Ollie the Optimist
26-05-2012, 06:38 PM
phillipe auclair a french journalist has said we are trying to sign hazard

Cripps_orig
26-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Yeah hes 6 months too late

Özim
26-05-2012, 06:44 PM
50 pence and a bag of chips won't be enough sadly, but at least Wenger will be able to say he almost signed him.

Ollie the Optimist
26-05-2012, 06:54 PM
50 pence and a bag of chips won't be enough sadly, but at least Wenger will be able to say he almost signed him.

would you like to see us offer the same wages as city will for an unproven kid?

also did you see my stat about hazard and kagawa? after seeing that, would rather have kagawa

Özim
26-05-2012, 09:07 PM
zimm i found this stat, i thought you might like it given you think hazard is great and kagawa is not so great.

hazard - 192 apps, 50 goals, 38 assists (club) 26 apps, 1 goal (international)
kagawa - 198 apps, 86 goals, 45 assists (club) apps 30, goals 10. (international)

does this change your opinion at all? not trying to be wummish here, genuniely interested given what you ahve said about both players.
Yeah come on, all but 29 of his goals were in Japan (many of his assists were as well) and 50 odd of those were in J2 Japans division 2 so hardly a fair stat.

In addition Hazard is 2 years younger, but all his games have been in France's top league.

Özim
26-05-2012, 09:09 PM
would you like to see us offer the same wages as city will for an unproven kid?

also did you see my stat about hazard and kagawa? after seeing that, would rather have kagawa
I didn't say that, I was just commenting on your post that we're in for him as if we have some sort of chance. We don't because we won't pay and realistically have nothing to offer him.

As for Kagawa, see my post above about how those stats are rather misleading.

Niall_Quinn
26-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Our biggest problem every season (after the fact we have Chamakh) is injuries. So we need to sign more cover rather than blow all the cash on one player who will definitely get injured the minute he signs. 3-4 solid professionals in key positions will serve us a lot better than some young prospect who wants £200K a week (I assume he's on drugs). Besides, he won't be as good as Ox anyway so we already have the young prospect, don't need another one. Dempsey is just sitting there with nothing to do this summer, why isn't he signed yet? Some cover at right back, cover for Song and a striker. Done. Leave the citys and chavskis to fight it out for the cash machine players.

Cripps_orig
26-05-2012, 10:23 PM
Hazard pisses on Ox tbh

Syn
26-05-2012, 10:25 PM
NQ, I used to think like you, but now I have evolved.

We need to spunk it all on the Nike posterboy and take our chances. We can't get to the next level by Arteta's. He's a good player but he's not Barcelona quality. We need buy a real top notch piece of shit like Hazard. Just have him for a couple of seasons, Poldolskins, keep Robin Van Ponzi Scheme and lets see if we can nab a league title. Then when Hazard fucks off, we can not make the same mistake as last time and replace the Vieira that leaves.

Niall_Quinn
26-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Hazard pisses on Ox tbh

Really? What would you say Hazard's best PL performance has been to date? £32mill + another £3bazillion in wages for a kid who will need to get used to a new country and a new league and has already shown himself to be have a seriously flawed character - or stick with what we already have and see what the comparison might be in 2 years when he's had a chance to get a run of games? No brainer really.

Niall_Quinn
26-05-2012, 10:39 PM
NQ, I used to think like you, but now I have evolved.

We need to spunk it all on the Nike posterboy and take our chances. We can't get to the next level by Arteta's. He's a good player but he's not Barcelona quality. We need buy a real top notch piece of shit like Hazard. Just have him for a couple of seasons, Poldolskins, keep Robin Van Ponzi Scheme and lets see if we can nab a league title. Then when Hazard fucks off, we can not make the same mistake as last time and replace the Vieira that leaves.

Our Russians are fatter than their Russians. We could buy the Incredible Hulk, Hazard Pay and Stewart Downing if we let the fat guys take control.

Cripps_orig
26-05-2012, 11:14 PM
Arsenal, Tottenham and QPR are all on red alert after Alessandro Del Piero, 37, admitted he will never join another Serie A side.
Full story: TalkSPORT

Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna has told the club they should sign France international Yann M'Vila, 21, if they want to keep star striker Robin van Persie.
Full story: Metro

Del Piero :bow:

Not sure how signing a Pub Teamer will convince RVP to stay

Japan Shaking All Over
27-05-2012, 03:40 AM
Our biggest problem every season (after the fact we have Chamakh) is injuries. So we need to sign more cover rather than blow all the cash on one player who will definitely get injured the minute he signs. 3-4 solid professionals in key positions will serve us a lot better than some young prospect who wants £200K a week (I assume he's on drugs). Besides, he won't be as good as Ox anyway so we already have the young prospect, don't need another one. Dempsey is just sitting there with nothing to do this summer, why isn't he signed yet? Some cover at right back, cover for Song and a striker. Done. Leave the citys and chavskis to fight it out for the cash machine players.

Dempsey is a head scratching. . .why after all the noise that has come out of his camp not started our usual Bird of Paradise mating ritual of offering half of whats he's worth, get rebuked and coming out with some snide remake and leave it till January

He wants to play CL football(who doesnt?) which only means us unless he goes abroad as the Mancs arent interested so the road leads to our door.

Would not cost the earth, is PL proven, will give us a real second goal threat, he is not Hazard but he also isnt a prima donna.
I think Hazard is a good player and will make us a better team but I agree with NQ, are we right to spunk 30 mil plus whatever on wages when we know in a couple of years time he is going to wabr out and every summer is going to be full of tappings from Barca et all.

The argument is that we win things, show amibition hence players will stay, but in this money go rpund world of football I do not think that will be the case. Loyalty is a neglected word, seldom used by the mercenaries that ply their trade kicking a ball to each other.

Shit, I'll take him and love foe him to prove me wrong by having a great Arsenal career, I often dream that players think about coming to us because they want to challenge the establishment, that we are that player short of being the best, that the chance to play outweighs the thought of bench warming. . .but that may not be the case, Nasro being an example (in hindsight you could say he was right!)

Together Dempsey and Kagawa would cost us less than Hazard and their combined wages would be lower. . .do we need both? Maybe not, woukd they make us better? Very much so

Japan Shaking All Over
27-05-2012, 03:42 AM

Not sure how signing a Pub Teamer will convince RVP to stay

Red alert? STFU. . .great player but Henry should be our last PR stunt

KSE Comedy Club
27-05-2012, 08:32 AM

Not sure how signing a Pub Teamer will convince RVP to stayI like how you think hazard is great but mvila is a pub teamer, :lol:

selassie
27-05-2012, 10:55 AM

We're a season or two late on Hazard. We have zero chance of signing him IMHO, the world and his dog is after him. What could we possibly offer him over any of the clubs that are after him?

Cripps_orig
27-05-2012, 10:56 AM
We're a season or two late on Hazard. We have zero chance of signing him IMHO, the world and his dog is after him. What could we possibly offer him over any of the clubs that are after him?An easy transfer to Spain?

KSE Comedy Club
27-05-2012, 11:31 AM
We're a season or two late on Hazard. We have zero chance of signing him IMHO, the world and his dog is after him. What could we possibly offer him over any of the clubs that are after him?Top 4 stability?

Seriously though, I dont see why we are wasting our time on him.

We should be sorting out our other deals first tbh.

Cripps_orig
27-05-2012, 11:34 AM
What other deals do we have?

We need a goal scoring midfielder who provides creativity. Hazard ticks those boxes. Unfortunately hes on his way to one of our "rivals" and i use the term loosely cos we havent really rivaled either Manc Clubs or Chelsea for some time in the trophy hunt.

Dempsey is available. Why we arent going for him, i dont know. Roughly the same age as Arteta and twice the player

KSE Comedy Club
27-05-2012, 11:39 AM
What other deals do we have?

We need a goal scoring midfielder who provides creativity. Hazard ticks those boxes. Unfortunately hes on his way to one of our "rivals" and i use the term loosely cos we havent really rivaled either Manc Clubs or Chelsea for some time in the trophy hunt.

Dempsey is available. Why we arent going for him, i dont know. Roughly the same age as Arteta and twice the playerI agree, Dempsy should be sat down having talks with them right now tbh.

We dont have time to be fucking around.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
27-05-2012, 12:27 PM
as long as we bid a decent amount i cant see how we cant get dempsey. he's already stated he wants champions league football if he leaves fulham so that rules out liverpool and spurs. chelsea dont need him now they've bought marin. man utd are going for hazard and bigger names. city dont need him. that leaves only us. ffs get the cheque book out and sign him !

Marc Overmars
27-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Do not forget we are in the waiting period.

Cripps_orig
27-05-2012, 12:43 PM
Think Dempseys contract expires next summer so he wont cost much if hes sold this summer

£8-10m should do.

Play him where Fulham played him and he'll do well.

Wenger will put him on the wing though

Ollie the Optimist
27-05-2012, 12:53 PM
have to say would rather we signed three or four players like demspey. good but not world class, will work hard for the team and give their all then spunk the same money on one player who will do a nasri which is turn up for the odd game but go missing in others.

give me players at 7/10 rating every game then some that will be 9/10 then 5/10

Ollie the Optimist
27-05-2012, 12:58 PM
just to clarify my point. give me a yossi over arsahvin any day. arshavin could produce magic but we never knew when yet yossi would always work hard and help our cause more

Joker
27-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Unfortunately Vinegar seems to like to bring in players who are consistently 5/10 players, as long as they are dirt cheap.

Kano
27-05-2012, 01:50 PM
as long as we bid a decent amount i cant see how we cant get dempsey. he's already stated he wants champions league football if he leaves fulham so that rules out liverpool and spurs. chelsea dont need him now they've bought marin. man utd are going for hazard and bigger names. city dont need him. that leaves only us. ffs get the cheque book out and sign him !

marin will play out wide, more likely to compliment mata in a front three with torres in the middle - the type of service that should (on paper) play to torres' strengths. dempsey could be a good replacement for frank and more likely to get more games there than trying to squeeze into one of two spots in our middle three.

Özim
27-05-2012, 03:34 PM
just to clarify my point. give me a yossi over arsahvin any day. arshavin could produce magic but we never knew when yet yossi would always work hard and help our cause more
Yoss is sh*t, I'd hate us to have 2 or 3 of him.

Cripps_orig
27-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Yoss is sh*t, I'd hate us to have 2 or 3 of him.Hes gone thank god

Özim
27-05-2012, 03:38 PM
have to say would rather we signed three or four players like demspey. good but not world class, will work hard for the team and give their all then spunk the same money on one player who will do a nasri which is turn up for the odd game but go missing in others.

give me players at 7/10 rating every game then some that will be 9/10 then 5/10
You seem to think that just because they are top class they won't work for the team, there's plenty of examples that do, just unfortunate Wenger seems to pick the wrong ones.

In addition how do you expect us to hold onto top players with our current policy, even RVP who is Arsenal through and through is thinking about his options.

As for Kagawa, I commented on the stats that were misleading since most of his goals were in Japan (a lot in the 2nd division), but he's got a year left and is being linked, so how is he any different to other players wanting to move, I don''t see him signing a new contract either.

Özim
27-05-2012, 03:39 PM
Hes gone thank god
That's great news, but just shows how easy it is to please some fans, Wenger sells two of our best players, then is forced to panic buy and signs a player in his 30's noone wants and that's enough.

Last summer was a panic buying nightmare, I'd have like to have seen some top quality replacing what we lost, that opportunity has gone now of course.

Marc Overmars
27-05-2012, 03:54 PM

To get by with a group of players who "work hard" won't get us anywhere. For a start you need a strong man manager to get them to play above their level and I think we all agree that probably isn't Wenger's strongest point. United have managed it with Rooney as their 1 true world class player, the rest are all the consistent 7/10 players you speak of, but that's only because Fergie is incredibly good at what he does with them.

Every team needs a sprinkling of star quality and I'd welcome Hazard or anyone like him.

I can understand why Arsenal fans are wary of billy big bollocks players, we've had our hands burnt enough times now but that shouldn't put us off going after the very best because ultimatley, those are the players who are more likely to help us make the next step up.

Japan Shaking All Over
27-05-2012, 04:01 PM
You seem to think that just because they are top class they won't work for the team, there's plenty of examples that do, just unfortunate Wenger seems to pick the wrong ones.

In addition how do you expect us to hold onto top players with our current policy, even RVP who is Arsenal through and through is thinking about his options.

As for Kagawa, I commented on the stats that were misleading since most of his goals were in Japan (a lot in the 2nd division), but he's got a year left and is being linked, so how is he any
different to other players wanting to move, I don''t see him signing a new contract either.

To be fair Kagawa has also grown a hell of a lot since scoring all those goals in Japan. Towards the end of the season he was good for what seemed like a goal or assist a game (those are not exact stats and I stress the word seemed)

Hazard is good there is no doubt and it could be said better than Kagawa but I think one of the general arguements is that whether we are right to roll the lot on one player (which is basically what its going to take) or spread it out a little and pick up,a couple of players for the same amount.

It is a difficult one to call, the thought of RvP Poldol and Hazard is wuite mind blowing but a package of Kagawa and MVila is an interesting idea.

Power n Glory
27-05-2012, 04:32 PM
To get by with a group of players who "work hard" won't get us anywhere. For a start you need a strong man manager to get them to play above their level and I think we all agree that probably isn't Wenger's strongest point. United have managed it with Rooney as their 1 true world class player, the rest are all the consistent 7/10 players you speak of, but that's only because Fergie is incredibly good at what he does with them.

Every team needs a sprinkling of star quality and I'd welcome Hazard or anyone like him.

I can understand why Arsenal fans are wary of billy big bollocks players, we've had our hands burnt enough times now but that shouldn't put us off going after the very best because ultimatley, those are the players who are more likely to help us make the next step up.

We just need a change in management. It's crazy that we're now talking about work arounds and bringing in players that don't need coaching and that can help lead our squad. I don't understand the point of having a coach that can't give clear instructions to his squad. Wenger is supposed to be one the top guys when it comes to player development. I just hope this is his last season regardless of the outcome.

selassie
27-05-2012, 04:41 PM
An easy transfer to Spain?

:d

selassie
27-05-2012, 04:49 PM
We're the only club to have made a significant signing so far aren't we? Everything else is rumour and agents gossiping. All the big names will be whoring it up at the Euros trying to add a couple of zeros to the end of their already stupid pay packets. Wouldn't imagine the last minutes stuff is always down to the club. I can certainly see a few of those puke agents stringing things out. Doubt the player wants to be hanging around on the last day either but the grubby middlemen have to be satisfied, don't they?

Sure we've made a significant signing and it it's a good one too..but we don't do this enough.

I don't think it's a coincidence that we either fail to complete deals or have long drawn out sagas more than anything other TOP Club. We can't even get rid of players quickly, and I include our best ones in this statement.

If your happy with our transfer strategy so be it, but I sure as hell aren't. I don't like the way we feel to significantly strengthen weak areas of our squad every season and I don't like the way we operate in the market, we seem to be foreving waiting for something when it comes to negotiating or attempting to complete deals.

I'm not advocating we spend like Citeh or Chelsea, but I would like to see the club invest more money in the squad, it really is as simple as that. How an earth the club think they can continue with the current policy whilst charging the highest price for tickets in land beggars belief. We can't even fall back on being the team that plays the most "attractive" football.

I accept that repeatedly moaning about it isn't going to make it change but I'm not happy about the current regime, it stinks.

selassie
27-05-2012, 04:56 PM
To be fair Kagawa has also grown a hell of a lot since scoring all those goals in Japan. Towards the end of the season he was good for what seemed like a goal or assist a game (those are not exact stats and I stress the word seemed)

Hazard is good there is no doubt and it could be said better than Kagawa but I think one of the general arguements is that whether we are right to roll the lot on one player (which is basically what its going to take) or spread it out a little and pick up,a couple of players for the same amount.

It is a difficult one to call, the thought of RvP Poldol and Hazard is wuite mind blowing but a package of Kagawa and MVila is an interesting idea.

I'd be surprised if either Kagawa or M'Vila were to join. United are all over Kagawa aswell as Hazard and I read on the other board that M'Vila said in a recent interview that he'll decide on his future after the Euros. If M'Vila has a half decent tournament then we'll be priced out of a move for him.

I see we're now strongly linked with Nzonzi of Blackburn, Versatile Midfielder Check, Cheap Check, French Check. Nzonzi will be our new Midfielder not M'Vila IMHO The boy (Nzonzi) will be a squad player, he'll be brought in to try and put pressure on Song and fill in the gaps as he's quite versatile.

Ollie the Optimist
27-05-2012, 06:42 PM
That's great news, but just shows how easy it is to please some fans, Wenger sells two of our best players, then is forced to panic buy and signs a player in his 30's noone wants and that's enough.

Last summer was a panic buying nightmare, I'd have like to have seen some top quality replacing what we lost, that opportunity has gone now of course.

you make it sound like yossi did fuck all for us last season. he was a key player in our last run of form to third ffs. great games against the scum, goals against norwich and west brom. gave his all and actually did somehting. what else do you fucking wnat?

Özim
27-05-2012, 06:47 PM
you make it sound like yossi did fuck all for us last season. he was a key player in our last run of form to third ffs. great games against the scum, goals against norwich and west brom. gave his all and actually did somehting. what else do you fucking wnat?
A quality player who can help take you to the next level, not some 30+ has been who never was.

He was sh*at West Ham, sh*t at Liverpool, sh*t at Chelsea and is and always has been sh*t tbh.

GP
27-05-2012, 07:24 PM

Great player.

Cripps_orig
27-05-2012, 07:25 PM
A quality player who can help take you to the next level, not some 30+ has been who never was.

He was sh*at West Ham, sh*t at Liverpool, sh*t at Chelsea and is and always has been sh*t tbh.Not the type of player we need or want if we want to move to the next level and not stay Manc clubs and Chelseas bitches which some on here are more than happy for us to be

Syn
27-05-2012, 07:39 PM
Yossi was a very good squad player for us this season and we wouldn't have finished ad high as we did without him. Anyone who can't see this is deluded and idiotic. Of course he shouldn't be a regular starter for us if we want to improve. Would've been nice to hold on to him as cover though.

GP
27-05-2012, 07:41 PM
Yossi was a very good squad player for us this season and we wouldn't have finished ad high as we did without him. Anyone who can't see this is deluded and idiotic. Of course he shouldn't be a regular starter for us if we want to improve. Would've been nice to hold on to him as cover though.

Yes.

Cripps_orig
27-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Switzerland manager Ottmar Hitzfeld has urged defender Johan Djourou to seek a move away from Arsenal in order to improve his chances at international level.

The 25-year-old has struggled for playing time this year after falling behind Thomas Vermaelen, Laurent Koscielny and Per Mertesacker in the Gunners’ pecking order, and this has had an adverse effect on his international career.

Djourou was on the bench in Switzerland’s 5-3 friendly win over Germany on Saturday, as Cesena’s Steve Von Bergen started alongside ex- Arsenal centre-back Philippe Senderos in the heart of the Swiss defence.

Hitzfeld explained that this exclusion was due to lack of match practice, and encouraged Djourou to leave Arsene Wenger’s side in search of first-team football as Switzerland gear up for the start of their World Cup 2014 qualification campaign.

"For Djourou, the question arises of a transfer," Hitzfeld told RTS Sport.

"If he wants to be selected, he must have some game time in the club. This is not the case at Arsenal."

Djourou previously spent time on loan at Birmingham City in order to ensure his selection for World Cup 2008, and signed a new three-year contract extension at the Emirates Stadium in February.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/05/27/3131050/djourou-urged-to-leave-arsenal-by-switzerland-boss-hitzfeld

Bye

Also world cup 2008 :bow:

Kano
27-05-2012, 08:31 PM
He was sh*at West Ham, sh*t at Liverpool, sh*t at Chelsea and is and always has been sh*t tbh.
he was a solid good squad player - every club can't have two superstars for every position like city

your assessment comes across like that of a 5 year old. seriously.

Marc Overmars
27-05-2012, 08:42 PM
Nothing wrong with Yossi tbf. Obviously not the type of player to springboard us to another level, but I'd rather have him available to do a job than Eboue, Bendtner, Denilson and any other shit Wenget has tried to flog in recent memory.

Özim
27-05-2012, 08:42 PM
he was a solid good squad player - every club can't have two superstars for every position like city

Not really, he's been overrated his whole career, very ordinary player in all honesty in addition he's gettng on a bit now. Arteta I can live with as a squad player but not this guy, have always thought he was sh*t, don't see why my opinion should change just because Wenger decided he fitted into our cheap as chips transfer policy tbh.

We've got plenty of midfielders anyway, what we need is some quality ones, we don't need Bennayoum.

Özim
27-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Nothing wrong with Yossi tbf. Obviously not the type of player to springboard us to another level, but I'd rather have him available to do a job than Eboue, Bendtner, Denilson and any other shit Wenget has tried to flog in recent memory.
I'd agree with that, however none of those players should have been anywhere near our club in reality.

Özim
27-05-2012, 08:45 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/05/27/3131050/djourou-urged-to-leave-arsenal-by-switzerland-boss-hitzfeld

Bye

Hopefully, shocking how long this guy has lasted at the club, he's one of the original youth flops isn't he?

Cripps_orig
27-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Hopefully, shocking how long this guy has lasted at the club, he's one of the original youth flops isn't he?Project Youth :bow:

Özim
27-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Project Youth :bow:
Yeah what a great project that was, really paid dividends, after all we were 2% away from domination at one stage :lol:

GP
27-05-2012, 09:03 PM

Exactly. He was never a final solution, but he was a good, reliable player.

Kano
27-05-2012, 09:05 PM
Not really, he's been overrated his whole career, very ordinary player in all honesty in addition he's gettng on a bit now. Arteta I can live with as a squad player but not this guy, have always thought he was sh*t, don't see why my opinion should change just because Wenger decided he fitted into our cheap as chips transfer policy tbh.

We've got plenty of midfielders anyway, what we need is some quality ones, we don't need Bennayoum.
well actually yes. you judge a player by his contribution right? so that's a winner away to villa, which without we would be fourth. a standing ovation after a great game at home to spurs and again at home to city. scored away to wolves, then at home to norwich and again in our all important game away to wba.

ask liverpool and west ham fans and they will all remember him fondly. he was the most underwhelming of all our signings this season and ended up being the most surprising package.

your past two post clearly point out that you are not objective and rely on outdated perceptions. the facts are there to see.

Özim
27-05-2012, 09:12 PM
well actually yes. you judge a player by his contribution right? so that's a winner away to villa, which without we would be fourth. a standing ovation after a great game at home to spurs and again at home to city. scored away to wolves, then at home to norwich and again in our all important game away to wba.

ask liverpool and west ham fans and they will all remember him fondly. he was the most underwhelming of all our signings this season and ended up being the most surprising package.

your past two post clearly point out that you are not objective and rely on outdated perceptions. the facts are there to see.
So I'm not aloud to think he's sh*t, even though I've always thought so? So he scored a few goals, big deal, you mention a handful of matches, hardly an amazing contribution. Sorry but I'm glad we're not keeping him, he wasn't good enough for Liverpool or Chelsea, don't see why he's should be good enough for us either.

I'd say Oxo was our most surprising signing, he proved he's got star quality even if he was not played as much as he should have been.

Let's not forget we lost two star midfielders last summer and he was one of the replacement's supposed to fill the gap left behind, what a sh*t deal for us.

Shaqiri Is Boss
27-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Decent squad player.

Horribly inconsistent but not bad as a back up.

Kano
27-05-2012, 09:15 PM
So I'm not aloud to think he's sh*t, even though I've always thought so? So he scored a few goals, big deal, you mention a handful of matches, hardly an amazing contribution. Sorry but I'm glad we're not keeping him, he wasn't good enough for Liverpool or Chelsea, don't see why he's should be good enough for us either.

I'd say Oxo was our most surprising signing, he proved he's got star quality even if he was not played as much as he should have been.

Let's not forget we lost two star midfielders last summer and he was one of the replacement's supposed to fill the gap left behind, what a sh*t deal for us.
you can think what you like but when it is obvious his contribution has helped the team a lot this year, to keep on calling him shit just makes you look stoopid.

what amount of contribution would make you happy from a squad player?

also, how much of a difference did those two big players make to our final position last season?

Özim
27-05-2012, 09:19 PM
you can think what you like but when it is obvious his contribution has helped the team a lot this year, to keep on calling him shit just makes you look stoopid.

what amount of contribution would make you happy from a squad player?

also, how much of a difference did those two big players make to our final position last season?
As a squad player he's an OK option, trouble is when you looked at our bench this season it was horribly weak, we need some game changers in the bench as well and he isn't really one of them.

We lost Nasri and Cesc, two key players for us who contributed a lot in terms of assists and goals and replaced them with Arteta who did OK but was unspectacular Bennayoun who I'd say was average overally and Oxo who was basically seen as one for the future clearly. Bennayoun is the player who actually should have been a regular to replace Nasri, he should never have been a "squad player".

Quite often this season we've lacked creativity and that's due to not replacing the players we lost adequately. Regardless of this I'm glad he's not sticking around, reckon we can do better personally.

Ollie the Optimist
27-05-2012, 09:24 PM
As a squad player he's an OK option, trouble is when you looked at our bench this season it was horribly weak, we need some game changers in the bench as well and he isn't really one of them.

We lost Nasri and Cesc, two key players for us who contributed a lot in terms of assists and goals and replaced them with Arteta who did OK but was unspectacular Bennayoun who I'd say was average overally and Oxo who was basically seen as one for the future clearly. Bennayoun is the player who actually should have been a regular to replace Nasri, he should never have been a "squad player".

Quite often this season we've lacked creativity and that's due to not replacing the players we lost adequately. Regardless of this I'm glad he's not sticking around, reckon we can do better personally.

id actually argue that yossi did more for us last season then nasri did in his final season. no one can deny nasri had an amazing run of form in novemeber/december, he was brilliant yet at the buisness end of the season he went missing. yossi didnt this year, he stood up and helped us get over the line. every club needs a yossi imo, someone who will work hard and will contribute almost every game.

just look at how yossi and rosicky did in the second half of the season and look what happened. those two while not being the greatest players, buzzed around the pitch, harrased everyone and we started winning.

Kano
27-05-2012, 09:25 PM

We lost Nasri and Cesc, two key players for us who contributed a lot in terms of assists and goals and replaced them with Arteta who did OK but was unspectacular Bennayoun who I'd say was average overally and Oxo who was basically seen as one for the future clearly. Bennayoun is the player who actually should have been a regular to replace Nasri, he should never have been a "squyad player".
sure, the bench was weak but we're not debating that, we're talking about benny and his direct contribution.

gerv was the nas replacement and arteta supposedly the cesc one, we all knew that at the start of the season. few of us knew why we had taken him in but it was risk free given the zero cost and it worked out pretty well for a one season option really. he has been a squad player at pool and chelsea, so why would you think he now becomes a first teamer for us? clearly no-one else in or outside the club thought that.

i mean, with nasri and cesc in this team, how different would the season have been? i think we can both agree that it would've been the same. i not meaning to diminish their talent as they have more than benny but it's all about contribution in real terms and not 'potential' right?

Özim
27-05-2012, 09:36 PM
sure, the bench was weak but we're not debating that, we're talking about benny and his direct contribution.

gerv was the nas replacement and arteta supposedly the cesc one, we all knew that at the start of the season. few of us knew why we had taken him in but it was risk free given the zero cost and it worked out pretty well for a one season option really. he has been a squad player at pool and chelsea, so why would you think he now becomes a first teamer for us? clearly no-one else in or outside the club thought that.

i mean, with nasri and cesc in this team, how different would the season have been? i think we can both agree that it would've been the same. i not meaning to diminish their talent as they have more than benny but it's all about contribution in real terms and not 'potential' right?
Fair point, forgot about Gervinho he's been so bad I've blanked him out my mistake :lol:

His contribution is reasonable, he scored the odd goal here and there and put in the odd good performance which you'd expect from any player who features in 25 games through a whole season. I still think a squad player should be able to fit into the 1st team if injuries occur and do a good job, I'm not convinced he could on a regular basis and neither were any of his previous clubs by the looks of it.

He's a squad player at best, but at 30+ I think we should be looking at better options hence the reason I'm not disappointed to see him move on.

As for Nasri and Cesc, well they were two top players, not necessarily right for us but two top players nonetheless, from what I can see we haven't replaced them with top quality, Arteta is good but I've been a tad disappointed with him tbh as I thought he was better than he's been for us (injuries have taken their toll no doubt)...we could use someone with a bit of magid who can score some goals from midfield perhaps.

Kano
27-05-2012, 09:39 PM
yep we can aim higher than that in terms of profile but in terms of contribution from a bit part player, 6 goals and some very important performances is about the right level.

valencia managed 6 in 38. probably with more assists but he started far more games.

Japan Shaking All Over
27-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Yossi did a job, not shouting that we sign him nor would I be suicidal if we did but it would have to be as squad support as he is not the catalyst for get greater things. To be honest I believe that he is professional enough to accept that.

He put in a really good shift during his time with us. .for that I thank him

GunnerFan4Life
27-05-2012, 09:52 PM
twitter sources with first hand knowledge claim llorente is on his way to arsenal.

GP
27-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Uhuh

Cripps_orig
27-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Twitter :haha:

GunnerFan4Life
27-05-2012, 09:58 PM
yep, twitter deffo exploding, has a podolski feel to it, twitter :bow:

Niall_Quinn
27-05-2012, 10:01 PM

Bye

No problem with him leaving. My problem is with some **** manager telling our players to get a transfer. Why doesn't the **** shut his hole about our club and get on with leading his own to glorious obscurity.

GunnerFan4Life
some spanish dude says the rumor began in the bilbao camp. twitter :bow:

GP
yep, twitter deffo exploding, has a podolski feel to it, twitter :bow:

If it looks like bullshit and smells like bullshit...

Cripps_orig
27-05-2012, 10:02 PM
No chance of us getting Llorente

Unfortunately i think Twitter is wrong again.

Maybe the 14 year old who made that up was bored?

GunnerFan4Life
27-05-2012, 10:02 PM
El Mundo Deportivo's @JaviGomara says there's rumours in Bilbao that Fernando Llorente could be Arsenal bound.

Shaqiri Is Boss
27-05-2012, 10:03 PM
If it looks like bullshit and smells like bullshit...
it's from Goal.com?

Cripps_orig
No problem with him leaving. My problem is with some **** manager telling our players to get a transfer. Why doesn't the **** shut his hole about our club and get on with leading his own to glorious obscurity.Djourou is his player just as much as hes Arsenals tbh

GP
it's from Goal.com?

Most likely.

Or The Sun.

Cripps_orig
27-05-2012, 10:04 PM
El Mundo Deportivo's @JaviGomara says there's rumours in Bilbao that Fernando Llorente could be Arsenal bound.Are Spain having their pre Euro camp in North London?

GunnerFan4Life
27-05-2012, 10:08 PM
RT @Blog_Athletic: Fernando Llorente has called a press conference at the Carlton Hotel on Tuesday.

Niall_Quinn
27-05-2012, 10:09 PM
So we're buying M'Vila, Hazard and Llorente - like that's actually going to happen. We'll be lucky to land one more player. With Podolski signed and Wilshere coming back I don't see much else happening. Maybe a cheap backup for Sagna and some sort of journeyman midfielder to replace Yossi, maybe a cheap striker if Chamakh goes (praying). It'll be more about the players going out I think.

Niall_Quinn
27-05-2012, 10:10 PM
RT @Blog_Athletic: Fernando Llorente has called a press conference at the Carlton Hotel on Tuesday.

Is the press conference at 7pm?

Niall_Quinn
27-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Djourou is his player just as much as hes Arsenals tbh

No he's not. Does that **** pay his wages?

Niall_Quinn
27-05-2012, 10:12 PM
No chance of us getting Llorente

Unfortunately i think Twitter is wrong again.

Maybe the 14 year old who made that up was bored?

There's a reserve player called Llorente playing for some Mexican semi-professional team. That's the one they mean. He's 12 years old I think.

GunnerFan4Life
27-05-2012, 10:15 PM
llorente to arsenal is trending already.

great on career mode as manager, got him top goalscorer in la liga in 3 of my 5 seasons with bilbao :bow:

GunnerFan4Life
27-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Piers morgan is following the dude who broke the news :bow: the dude does it as a hobby as well :lol:

Cripps_orig
27-05-2012, 10:24 PM
llorente to arsenal is trending already.

great on career mode as manager, got him top goalscorer in la liga in 3 of my 5 seasons with bilbao :bow:Trending?

Im not 14. I dont get all this Twitter jargon

Is it the same as being as silly mid off in the on side gully position?

Marc Overmars
27-05-2012, 10:28 PM
Silly season in full swing. :bow:

No chance of getting Llorente.

Marc Overmars
27-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Also, if there's even an ounce of truth in it, it probably means we're preparing for RVP's departure.

Llorente is not the type of striker you buy to sit on the bench.

Cripps_orig
27-05-2012, 11:05 PM
Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner, 24, has confirmed he is in talks with a number of clubs about securing a move away from Emirates Stadium.
Full story: talkSPORT

Great news

Syn
27-05-2012, 11:25 PM
Hard to think he's only 24. Seems like he has been around for ages. Similar case with Walcott, really, who's a year younger.

Young Guns 11
27-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Hard to think he's only 24. Seems like he has been around for ages. Similar case with Walcott, really, who's a year younger.

It's mental that he's been at Arsenal for 6 years now :wacko:

Syn
27-05-2012, 11:38 PM
It's mental that he's been at Arsenal for 6 years now :wacko:

4 more and he gets a testimonial :lol:

AKBapologist
28-05-2012, 12:49 AM
Not Twitters finest moment the tbh.

Japan Shaking All Over
28-05-2012, 02:57 AM
some spanish dude says the rumor began in the bilbao camp. twitter :bow:

Which probably means Bibao are using our useless dead carcass as bait for the real sharks

4-3-3
28-05-2012, 05:27 AM
they always start with arsenal for tactical mastermind, they know arsenal never give the money they want. but they know for sure, whenever arsenal shows interest in a player, citty always outbid them.

Master Splinter
28-05-2012, 05:42 AM
It is in fact us who are using Llorente as a ruse to land Toquero.

Munchies
28-05-2012, 06:01 AM
Just had a look here to see there are quite a number of players that we could get without paying a transfer fee:
Names include: Amauri (was rated pretty highly before) , Muntari , Del piero, Flamini ( :threaten: ) , Nesta , Gattuso , Cicinho ( remember him ? ) , Heinze

From Italy: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/serie-a/2012/05/25/3125864/serie-as-bosman-list-del-piero-nesta-gattuso-all-the-players

Premiership: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/05/23/3120616/premier-league-bosman-list-didier-drogba-all-the-players ( All of our Goalkeepers bar Scezney are there haha . Shows how much Wenger has fucked up by not buying someone decent for the past 6-7 years) . Also Stuart Taylor who fucked up a few times for us in the past was at Man City :o

La Liga: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/la-liga/2012/05/24/3123631/la-ligas-bosman-list-albelda-maresca-palop-all-the-players

McNamara That Ghost...
28-05-2012, 07:52 AM
It is in fact us who are using Llorente as a ruse to land Toquero.

Toquero. :bow:

Perfect league for him to run about like a moron.

Joker
28-05-2012, 08:20 AM
He wouldn't be a typical Wenger signing, in that he's an established, top quality player who would cost more than £5M so I doubt we're in for him tbh.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-05-2012, 09:01 AM
Clichés galore from the media if he was to sign:

Target man up front.
Surprisingly good touch for a big man.
Gives Arsenal a different option/plan B.

KSE Comedy Club
28-05-2012, 09:24 AM
Is it tuesday yet?

McNamara That Ghost...
28-05-2012, 09:30 AM
It soon will be in New Zealand. :popcorn:

Young Guns 11
28-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Hazard has finally decided which club he's moving too, didn't say which though:

"good afternoon guys. i made up my mind. see you later. thanks"

:lol:

Syn
28-05-2012, 10:45 AM
*sigh* he's not messi and it's a bit sad how important he thinks his transfer is. If it weren't for the kids on twitter creating such a fuss, he'd be a bigger laughing stock than John Terry is right now.

Joker
28-05-2012, 10:48 AM
He's obviously up his own arse a bit but as a player he really is top class, and has the potential to become even better.

GP
28-05-2012, 10:55 AM
He's obviously up his own arse a bit but as a player he really is top class, and has the potential to become even better.

The new Steve Marlet, tbh,

Japan Shaking All Over
28-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Justarsenal.com has opened an old can if worms by quoting the bookies giving us as 5/4 favs to land Dempsey and Kalou

Comments stating that they will bring the needed experience

Cripps_orig
28-05-2012, 11:46 AM
Dempsey :bow:

Kalou? As a squaddie then fair enough

McNamara That Ghost...
28-05-2012, 11:46 AM
Dempsey, Kalou, Hazard, M'Vila, Kagawa, Llorente, Nzonzi.

Looks good.

KSE Comedy Club
28-05-2012, 11:54 AM
I would be well chuffed if we manage to get Demspey for a reasonable fee and Kalou on a free.

That would be a very tidy bit of business.

KSE Comedy Club
28-05-2012, 11:58 AM
*sigh* he's not messi and it's a bit sad how important he thinks his transfer is. If it weren't for the kids on twitter creating such a fuss, he'd be a bigger laughing stock than John Terry is right now.Agreed.

The self importance is disgusting and odious, like hot vomit.

What a piece of putrid filth this guy is.

(unless by some miracle he chooses to play for us - which I doubt.)

Young Guns 11
28-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Appazza it's Chelski.

Probs the best outcome for us really. Going to either mancs would have spelt serious trouble.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-05-2012, 12:00 PM
Appazza it's Chelski.

Probs the best outcome for us really. Going to either mancs would have spelt serious trouble.

We need Big Man and Honest Frank to cause unrest again.

Coney
28-05-2012, 12:02 PM
They will, Oscar, they will.

KSE Comedy Club
28-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Appazza it's Chelski.

Shite decision by him, if true.

Chavs have been fairly shit this season and hes going there for the £250'000 a week that roman offered because they got lucky in the CL :ninja:

Young Guns 11
28-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Shite decision if true.

Chavs have been fairly shit this season and hes going there for the £250'000 a week that roman offered because they got lucky in the CL :ninja:

Well highly reliable and accurate sources on, erm, twitter, have said it's 100% chelsea. We shall see!

KSE Comedy Club
28-05-2012, 12:29 PM
That we will.

I wonder if these same sources know anything about the potential llorente transfer?

Niall_Quinn
28-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Still no news on Chamakh leaving. This is getting worrying. Nobody will want to do business once the Euros start and after that we'll have to move swiftly because it's not going to be straightforward getting rid of this guy.

Cripps_orig
28-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Still no news on Chamakh leaving. This is getting worrying. Nobody will want to do business once the Euros start and after that we'll have to move swiftly because it's not going to be straightforward getting rid of this guy.Cant see both Bendtner and Chamakh leaving

So we let the worse one leave

Bendtner :wave:

As for Chamakh, great start to his Arsenal career then RVP got fit and Chamakhs hardly kicked a ball since.

I agree, he needs to move as hes too good a player to play 2nd fiddle

GP
28-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Still no news on Chamakh leaving. This is getting worrying. Nobody will want to do business once the Euros start and after that we'll have to move swiftly because it's not going to be straightforward getting rid of this guy.

He's been offered a new contract.

Niall_Quinn
28-05-2012, 01:27 PM

Stupid WUM

Niall_Quinn
28-05-2012, 01:33 PM
Cant see both Bendtner and Chamakh leaving

So we let the worse one leave

Bendtner :wave:

As for Chamakh, great start to his Arsenal career then RVP got fit and Chamakhs hardly kicked a ball since.

I agree, he needs to move as hes too good a player to play 2nd fiddle

Bendtner won't come back anyway, he wants out. Plus he'll miss the train back to London the first 50 times even if he does try to sneak back. Chamakh could keep his head down and try to stay though. Somehow he's managed to get onto the payroll of a football team and it might not be so easy trying to get him out.

fakeyank
28-05-2012, 02:33 PM

He has earnt it tbh..

GP
28-05-2012, 02:40 PM
He has earnt it tbh..

He earned it by winning the Best Haircut award.

Bergkampwonderland10
28-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Agreed - two experienced squad players for a minimal fee would be excellent business - let's see if it works out. Am guessing Demspey would cost around 5-6million especially as he's pretty much said he'd only move to a champions league club.

Am still hoping we gazump spurs in their bid for Vertonghen and add M'Villa (if all the hype around him is true) And Kagawa looks like a ready made replacement for Rosicky so he'd also be an excellent addition - plus Dortmund seem to want Bendtner so reckon we could do a deal there.

I would be well chuffed if we manage to get Demspey for a reasonable fee and Kalou on a free.

That would be a very tidy bit of business.

Bergkampwonderland10
28-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Haven't read through the entire thread and haven't been on here for a while BUT here's my OUTS and INs for next season...and am hoping for a lot of movement.

OUT
Denilson - 3million
Bendtner - 6million
Vela - 9million (with 25% sell-on clause) the guy is perfect for the spanish league
Arshavin - 4million
Almunia - free
Squillacci - free
Fabianski - 500,000
Djourou - 5million
Lansbury - 4million (with a 25% sell-on clause)
Chamakh possibly? - 7million
NET Approx 35million give or take

IN
Podolski - 11million
M'Villa - 18millon
Dempsey - 6million
Kalou - free
Vertohngen - 10million
Begovic - 8million

Some kids e.g. Powell
NET spend around 50million

Özim
28-05-2012, 03:12 PM
On the face of it Vela doesn't seem to have done too badly in Spain, 12 goals in 35 games isn't too bad. The guy always had talent, maybe just not suited to the PL though, don't think Wenger ever played him to his strengths either.

He doesn't seem to want to come back though, so maybe we can setup a deal, not sure how much for though.

I'd be shocked if anyone paid 7 million for Chamakh though, he's been a disaster since he's been here, I'm not sure there's much resale value left in him, can't see us getting 5 million for Djourour either. In fact we'd be lucky to get any money for some of those guys listed, not sure anyone will be interested in them.

Marc Overmars
28-05-2012, 03:13 PM
We might see a lot of those outs but those ins will probably just be Podolski + 1.

Özim
28-05-2012, 03:16 PM
We might see a lot of those outs but those ins will probably just be Podolski + 1.
Most likely, we don't tend to bring many players in, last summer was the exception of course...but one we were very much forced into. We never seem to do the necessary in the transfer market, I genuinely believe Wenger thinks he just needs to tweak the squad, in his head we're still 2% away from domination and nothing will convince him otherwise.

Personally I think we lack a few top quality players to drive us forward.

Power n Glory
28-05-2012, 03:55 PM
On the face of it Vela doesn't seem to have done too badly in Spain, 12 goals in 35 games isn't too bad. The guy always had talent, maybe just not suited to the PL though, don't think Wenger ever played him to his strengths either.

He doesn't seem to want to come back though, so maybe we can setup a deal, not sure how much for though.

I'd be shocked if anyone paid 7 million for Chamakh though, he's been a disaster since he's been here, I'm not sure there's much resale value left in him, can't see us getting 5 million for Djourour either. In fact we'd be lucky to get any money for some of those guys listed, not sure anyone will be interested in them.

Vela, Bendtner even Denilson....I would have preferred to have them in the team over Park, Chamakh and Ramsey. That's how rubbish they were. No idea why we signed Park, Chamakh contributed nothing and Ramsey was so awful I actually miss Denilson's sideways passing accuracy.

KSE Comedy Club
28-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Vela, Bendtner even Denilson....I would have preferred to have them in the team over Park, Chamakh and Ramsey. That's how rubbish they were. No idea why we signed Park, Chamakh contributed nothing and Ramsey was so awful I actually miss Denilson's sideways passing accuracy. Park was never given a chance, although he did score 1 goal and never played again, and Chamakh started off his arsenal career well, scoring 15 goals, then turned shit and disappeared.

Ramsey is still so so tbh. But I wouldn't take any of vela, bendtner or Denilson in their place.

They are all fucking crap.

Young Guns 11
28-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Haven't read through the entire thread and haven't been on here for a while BUT here's my OUTS and INs for next season...and am hoping for a lot of movement.

OUT
Denilson - 3million
Bendtner - 6million
Vela - 9million (with 25% sell-on clause) the guy is perfect for the spanish league
Arshavin - 4million
Almunia - free
Squillacci - free
Fabianski - 500,000
Djourou - 5million

IN
Podolski - 11million
M'Villa - 18millon
Dempsey - 6million
Kalou - free
Vertohngen - 10million
Begovic - 8million

Some kids e.g. Powell

That's a joke post, right? :unsure:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
28-05-2012, 05:57 PM
someone has been playing too much football manager 2012

GP
28-05-2012, 06:15 PM
That's a joke post, right? :unsure:

I kinda hope so.

Begovic :lol:

Marc Overmars
28-05-2012, 06:17 PM
SSN breaking news

Eden Hazard spotted outside Old Trafford in a Chelsea shirt talking to Roberto Mancini.

GP
28-05-2012, 06:21 PM
SSN breaking news

Eden Hazard spotted outside Old Trafford in a Chelsea shirt talking to Roberto Mancini.

It's on!

milla
28-05-2012, 06:21 PM
SSN breaking news

Signed for Spuds? :coffee:

McNamara That Ghost...
28-05-2012, 06:23 PM
Tomorrow is Fernando Llorente Day (allegedly).

Can't wait.

:scarf:

Cripps_orig
28-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Press conference at 7pm

fakeyank
28-05-2012, 06:32 PM

OUT
Denilson - 3million
Bendtner - 6million
Arshavin - 4million
Almunia - free
Squillacci - free
Fabianski - 500,000
Djourou - 5million

IN
Podolski - 11million
M'Villa - 18millon
Dempsey - 6million
Kalou - free
Vertohngen - 10million
Begovic - 8million

Some kids e.g. Powell

You are wrong in your calculation my friend. Our net from transfers out is 21 million. You forget that the 7 million for Chakma is something we'd have to give another club to take him from us..

Munchies
28-05-2012, 06:36 PM
I'd be fairly confident of finishing in the top 2 and winning something if we did make all those in's/outs , along with Wilshere returning. But its never going to happen :(

Ollie the Optimist
28-05-2012, 06:47 PM
unlikely i know, but given we have podolski already, if we were to sign giroud and llorente and it meant rvp left would you accept that?

also if we are to sign giroud, that owuld be the way to get rid of chamkh. apparently we are offering him to montieplier as player exchange deal

Munchies
28-05-2012, 06:54 PM
unlikely i know, but given we have podolski already, if we were to sign giroud and llorente and it meant rvp left would you accept that?

also if we are to sign giroud, that owuld be the way to get rid of chamkh. apparently we are offering him to montieplier as player exchange deal

I'd rather keep RVP to be fair, proven in the prem and world class. But there is also the risk of him being injury prone , last season was probably the first in 8 years where he was fit . So I'm not too sure, but if he were to leave I'd rather have LLorente/Giroud then Park/Chamakh up front.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
28-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Park was never given a chance, although he did score 1 goal and never played again, and Chamakh started off his arsenal career well, scoring 15 goals, then turned shit and disappeared.

Ramsey is still so so tbh. But I wouldn't take any of vela, bendtner or Denilson in their place.

They are all fucking crap.

i agree, it's not like vela/denilson are miles better and would have contributed anything extraordinary over the season compared to the others. it would be silly to suggest they would be preferred to chamakh or ramsey, because at least the latter have good work rate. admittedly they aren't the most talented and in the case of ramsey, he clearly has more to learn, but denilson would have been the lazy, unconventional player that he has been for the past few years with little care for tracking back or putting in tackles. at least ramsey has a bit of heart and is determined to prove himself in the team by covering ground and putting in more effort. on top of that ramsey has room for improvement, especially after coming back from a serious injury, whilst denilson stagnated tremendously during his time here.

the only one i'd suggest would have been preferred was bendtner but even then, wenger wouldn't have put him up front during the season, he would have probably put him on the wing like he has done previously which is a waste of talent and offers nothing more than what benayoun offered. in which case the comparisons aren't credible.

Dennis Bendtner
28-05-2012, 07:09 PM

"I feel we will have a very quiet summer on the transfer market because there is a huge crisis that is hitting Europe, and that there will be very little movement."

http://redgunners.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/arsenewengersmiling.jpg

Shaqiri Is Boss
28-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Hazard signing for Chelsea. Well, the "Champions League winner".

Thank fuck that's over.

Maestro
28-05-2012, 07:43 PM
phewww it's fuckin over

Cripps_orig
28-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Mata and Hazard in the same team?

Lampard :rose:

Özim
28-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Hazard is such a moneygrabber, signing for Chelsea when Man City would have paid him more....footballers these days :rolleyes:

Young Guns 11
28-05-2012, 07:49 PM
"I am signing for the champions league winner"

Whata****

Cripps_orig
28-05-2012, 07:52 PM
Hazard is such a moneygrabber, signing for Chelsea when Man City would have paid him more....footballers these days :rolleyes::goodpost:

Is bringing football back to how it should be. Trophies and not money

Hazard :bow:

Marc Overmars
28-05-2012, 08:01 PM
The Old Boys getting phased out. :rose:

Ollie the Optimist
28-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Hazard is such a moneygrabber, signing for Chelsea when Man City would have paid him more....footballers these days :rolleyes:

yes of course, chelsea are famous for not giving players ridiclous wages at all. if whats being reported is true, then half a million a month is nothing. who the fuck can survive on that these days? he will have to get benefits as well to help with living costs cos the poor man is only on half a million a fucking month. jesus christ you talk utter bullshit at times

Ollie the Optimist
28-05-2012, 08:06 PM
"I am signing for the champions league winner"

Whata****
that could mean anything though. united have won it as well :lol:

wouldnt be shocked if it wasnt chelsea

AKBapologist
28-05-2012, 08:09 PM
He's on 100k a week after tax. :lol:

Not money grabbing at all turning down united who have the best manager in the league. Hell, who the fuck is managing chelsea next season anyway?

Hazard chose the easy option. A club with no competition for places with someone one dumb enough to give a 22(?) Year old £10mill a year for 5 years.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
28-05-2012, 08:10 PM
thank god its over, it was starting to become more annoying than the never-ending DFS sale

Özim
28-05-2012, 08:11 PM
yes of course, chelsea are famous for not giving players ridiclous wages at all. if whats being reported is true, then half a million a month is nothing. who the fuck can survive on that these days? he will have to get benefits as well to help with living costs cos the poor man is only on half a million a fucking month. jesus christ you talk utter bullshit at times
No not really, Chelsea have proved their ambitious and need to replace some players, it makes perfect sense for him to choose them....in addition most people want to live in London or thereabouts.

He's proved he's interested in football.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-05-2012, 08:12 PM
http://thebusbyway.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/AuAGJTYCMAAK3N5.jpeg

What a dick. :lol:

Cripps_orig
28-05-2012, 08:12 PM

Not money grabbing at all turning down united who have the best manager in the league. Hell, who the fuck is managing chelsea next season anyway?

Hazard chose the easy option. A club with no competition for places and stone one dumb enough to give a 22(?) Year old £10mill a year for 5 years.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2Easy option?

He joined a team that finished 6th in the league. How is that easy?

Clearly Chelsea offered him more playing time and theres no problem with that. Hazard made a footballing decision and people on here who critisise Nasri should be praising Hazard for doing so

Özim
28-05-2012, 08:14 PM

Hazard chose the easy option. A club with no competition for places and stone one dumb enough to give a 22(?) Year old £10mill a year for 5 years.

Really dumb picking a team who win stuff and have for a number of years now, who in addition need to replace players and are based in London. Why the f*ck would you want to sign for a club and sit on the bench exactly?

Maybe he see's Chelsea as the best option for him location and career wise and who would disagree, they've just won two trophies and have been at the top of the English game for a number of years.

Great move for him and great move for Chelsea.

Ollie the Optimist
28-05-2012, 08:15 PM
No not really, Chelsea have proved their ambitious and need to replace some players, it makes perfect sense for him to choose them....in addition most people want to live in London or thereabouts.

He's proved he's interested in football.

if he wanted football its united its as simple as that. he wanted money, city and chelsea were only going to offer him that, chelsea offered more. if he was interested in football, why would he whore himself out as he did, look at maccys post, and why demand such high wages?

Özim
28-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Easy option?

Clearly Chelsea offered him more playing time and theres no problem with that. Hazard made a footballing decision and people on here who critisise Nasri should be praising Hazard for doing so
Pretty much, people were all saying he'd be signing for Man City etc and when he doesn't it's the "easy option", what a joke.

Shaqiri Is Boss
28-05-2012, 08:16 PM
that could mean anything though. united have won it as well :lol:

wouldnt be shocked if it wasnt chelsea
Actually if he was being cryptic and he did end up at United after all, it would be hilarious to see all the Chelsea fans cry.

On the other hand, congrats Rors.

AKBapologist
28-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Easy option?

What the fuck are you smoking? If he wanted a challenge he'd come to Arsenal and win us trophies single handedly. Instead he's joining a team on a massive high with the funds to sustain it and being paid what shitty would pay too.

Munchies
28-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Chelsea are getting stronger, clearly Roman is getting rid of dead wood and tryiing to get them top contenders again. Something which we've needed to do for the past 7 years ffs.

Getting rid of crap like Kalou and replacing with Hazard is a good move for them .

Hazard - Mata - Ramires
Torres

That looks quite good only if Torres is his usual self, or they get Hulk instead.

Özim
28-05-2012, 08:18 PM
if he wanted football its united its as simple as that. he wanted money, city and chelsea were only going to offer him that, chelsea offered more. if he was interested in football, why would he whore himself out as he did, look at maccys post, and why demand such high wages?
Not really, why would you move to Manchester when you can live in London?

He moved for football reasons, he wanted to play and Chelsea need to replace players, he wanted to be at a club who can win things and Chelsea clearly can and remain ambitious in terms of success.....some players don't want to live up North.

Özim
28-05-2012, 08:19 PM
What the duck are you smoking? If he wanted a challenge he'd come to Arsenal and win us trophies single handedly. Instead he's joining a team on a massive high with the funds to sustain it.

What and come to a team of proven bottlers, who sell their best players and don't have cat in hell's chance of winning a trophy? That would be foolish, until we prove that 4th place isn't the sum of our ambition you'd have to be a fool to sign for us as a top player to be honest.

Signing for us is but a mere stepping stone, you don't come here to win stuff anymore, nor to be part of a team who play great football and have legendary players, that's all in the past.

Cripps_orig
28-05-2012, 08:20 PM
Pretty much, people were all saying he'd be signing for Man City etc and when he doesn't it's the "easy option", what a joke.Exactly

Classic goal post moving that GW is famous for :lol:

Although saying that, i hope Hazard flops hardcore next year

Marc Overmars
28-05-2012, 08:20 PM
Come on Ach.

Hazard said the other week he's going to Manchester. :wacko:

Now he's suddenly opted for Chelsea citing their CL win. It's nonsense, it's just a soundbyte to cover up the fact he's joined a team with the highest wage bill. He probably doesn't even know who his manager will be!

Cripps_orig
28-05-2012, 08:21 PM
What the fuck are you smoking? If he wanted a challenge he'd come to Arsenal and win us trophies single handedly. Instead he's joining a team on a massive high with the funds to sustain it and being paid what shitty would pay too.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2Hes joined a team that finished 6th, lower than us i might add and thats not seen as a challenge?

Cripps_orig
28-05-2012, 08:21 PM

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2Hes joined a team that finished 6th, lower than us i might add and thats not seen as a challenge?

Joker
28-05-2012, 08:22 PM
Well you could ask why didn't he join West Brom then if he wanted a real challenge.

And people can't criticise him for choosing the "easy" option and be in the team every week at Chelsea when they criticised Nasri for going to City to be a bench warmer.

And the fact he's been trying to engineer a bidding war to increase the wage offer is simply rational behaviour. It doesn't mean he lacks ambition. He's joining the Champions League winners afterall.

Özim
http://thebusbyway.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/AuAGJTYCMAAK3N5.jpeg

What a dick. :lol:
Some of those quotes are clearly BS to be honest.

Ollie the Optimist
Not really, why would you move to Manchester when you can live in London?

He moved for football reasons, he wanted to play and Chelsea need to replace players, he wanted to be at a club who can win things and Chelsea clearly can and remain ambitious in terms of success.....some players don't want to live up North.

well ask nasri that. london has nothing to do with imo. on the money he would be on anywhere he can live nicely. did you see his quotes that maccy posted? surely that shows he just wanted the money given how much he whored himself out

Özim
28-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Exactly

Classic goal post moving that GW is famous for :lol:

Although saying that, i hope Hazard flops hardcore next year
I hope he flops too, if he doesn't it's not good news for us.

I fear he might turn out to be top signing unfortunately, one who people will look back and say was a snip a la Drogba amongst others.

Joker
28-05-2012, 08:25 PM
well ask nasri that. london has nothing to do with imo. on the money he would be on anywhere he can live nicely. did you see his quotes that maccy posted? surely that shows he just wanted the money given how much he whored himself out

Yes money is obviously part of any decision but that's true of all footballers. It doesn't mean he doesn't care about football. It's not as if he's joined Anzhi in the relatively weak Russian league, where he could be paid huge amounts of money but not really stretch himself.

There's no inconsistency between him whoring himself out and being footballistically ambitious.

Cripps_orig
Well you could ask why didn't he join West Brom then if he wanted a real challenge.

And people can't criticise him for choosing the "easy" option and be in the team every week at Chelsea when they criticised Nasri for going to City to be a bench warmer.

And the fact he's been trying to engineer a bidding war to increase the wage offer is simply rational behaviour. It doesn't mean he lacks ambition. He's joining the Champions League winners afterall.Probably cos WBA didnt bid for him tbh

Özim
Nasri clearly didn't believe in Wenger and why would he, most Arsenal fans don't anymore. Seeing a team bottle it year after year and sell their best players is hardly going to convince someone to stay.

We've made our bed and now we have to lie in it, we've shown we don't have the ambition, players have long urged us to bring in some quality and time after time their calls have fallen on deaf ears, maybe they've woken up to the fact we're cheap and aren't interested in becoming the best now.

I'd love us to sign some top players, but I recognise that it would be a foolish move for a top player these days, especially if they want to achieve success.

Young Guns 11
28-05-2012, 08:27 PM

I'm actually pretty sure they're not :good:

GP
28-05-2012, 08:29 PM
The fuck is this shit?

This cunt would sign for Whitbury-Newtown Leisure Centre if they paid him enough.

A dick joining a team of dicks. They are welcome to him.

Özim
28-05-2012, 08:30 PM
What that he dreams of playing for us or Real Madrid?

Madrid perhaps but us, really? Come on, 7-8 years ago maybe but not nowadays, he might have nightmares about it though, watching the defence gift goals away and the forwards loop simple chances over the bar :lol:

In addition after the excitement of the the PL season and the CL maybe he liked what he saw about English football.

Young Guns 11
28-05-2012, 08:32 PM
The fuck is this shit?

This cunt would sign for Whitbury-Newtown Leisure Centre if they paid him enough.

A dick joining a team of dicks. They are welcome to him.

:gp:

Let's all just agree that he's a little flag dragon and be done with it.

fakeyank
28-05-2012, 08:32 PM

I dont understand why its wrong for a player to chose more money.

Playing time at Chelsea = Playing time at Utd

The thing that made a difference was money and what the fuck is wrong in that? You wouldnt think twice if a company paid better.. why cant a player do that? This is ridiculous.. the loyalty bollocks!

Ollie the Optimist
28-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Nasri clearly didn't believe in Wenger and why would he, most Arsenal fans don't anymore. Seeing a team bottle it year after year and sell their best players is hardly going to convince someone to stay.

We've made our bed and now we have to lie in it, we've shown we don't have the ambition, players have long urged us to bring in some quality and time after time their calls have fallen on deaf ears, maybe they've woken up to the fact we're cheap and aren't interested in becoming the best now.

I'd love us to sign some top players, but I recognise that it would be a foolish move for a top player these days, especially if they want to achieve success.

using nasri as a player here, you ahve to question why he didnt perform, CC final being prime example, when big players needed, he went missing cos he didnt care. why should the manager take all the blame for players not performing? yes he is to blame a bit for them not performing but players take the blame too.

also we had a better season last year with shitter players then the year before. lots more fight and pride, comebacks etc. if you saw wengers reactions the last few seasons can you honestly say he doesnt care about success? if you believe that you are a moron, that man cares so much, he wants to win yet the board say fifth would be ok etc. that shows me where the blame is. wenger wants to win but wont quit on us while the board hold us back.

if a top player doesnt want to come to us then fine, they dont have too. would rather see players like arteta come in and fight for the team then big name ones who think they have made at the age of 21.

also general point here, in the last two years chavs have spent about 200 million while making a loss. FFP anyone?

McNamara That Ghost...
28-05-2012, 08:35 PM

Of course.

Young Guns 11
28-05-2012, 08:35 PM

Madrid perhaps but us, really? Come on, 7-8 years ago maybe but not nowadays, he might have nightmares about it though, watching the defence gift goals away and the forward loop simple chances over the bar :lol:

In addition after the excitement of the the PL season and the CL maybe he liked what he saw about English football.

You might have descended into the pits of cynicism a long time ago, but that doesn't mean that he didn't at one point think about joining us. He's international team mates with Verm, who will have undoubtedly spoken to him about life at Arsenal etc etc. Sure he may not have fully meant those words, doesn't mean he didn't say them though. And that's the point really. He's a merc with no apparent loyalties as of yet. But he might find that at Chelsea, who knows.

Cripps_orig
28-05-2012, 08:36 PM
I'm actually pretty sure they're not :good:This

Although nothing wrong in keeping your options open so dont see anything wrong with what he said

Ollie the Optimist
28-05-2012, 08:36 PM

Madrid perhaps but us, really? Come on, 7-8 years ago maybe but not nowadays, he might have nightmares about it though, watching the defence gift goals away and the forwards loop simple chances over the bar :lol:

i fail to see what he would like about chelsea then. all they did against barca and bayern was park the bus. no player got forward really. hardly great if you are an attacker. at least united and city attack and play football

Cripps_orig
28-05-2012, 08:38 PM
i fail to see what he would like about chelsea then. all they did against barca and bayern was park the bus. no player got forward really. hardly great if you are an attacker. at least united and city attack and play footballThey scored more goals than Barcelona over 2 games.

Pretty impressive if none of their players went forward.

Defending is just as much a part of football as attacking and Chelsea defended better than Barca or Bayern attacked.

Simples. I hate the ****s but credit has to be given

Young Guns 11
28-05-2012, 08:38 PM
This

Although nothing wrong in keeping your options open so dont see anything wrong with what he said

Özim
28-05-2012, 08:41 PM
using nasri as a player here, you ahve to question why he didnt perform, CC final being prime example, when big players needed, he went missing cos he didnt care. why should the manager take all the blame for players not performing? yes he is to blame a bit for them not performing but players take the blame too.

also we had a better season last year with shitter players then the year before. lots more fight and pride, comebacks etc. if you saw wengers reactions the last few seasons can you honestly say he doesnt care about success? if you believe that you are a moron, that man cares so much, he wants to win yet the board say fifth would be ok etc. that shows me where the blame is. wenger wants to win but wont quit on us while the board hold us back.

if a top player doesnt want to come to us then fine, they dont have too. would rather see players like arteta come in and fight for the team then big name ones who think they have made at the age of 21.

also general point here, in the last two years chavs have spent about 200 million while making a loss. FFP anyone?
The manager takes most of the blame yes, he signs the players, should motivate them and get the best out of them that's his job. He chose to let the players turn up in tracksuits and not to instill discipline, that's his fault and we paid the price for a lack of proffesionalism.

We've been through this before, he's happy with 4th, he hails it as a great achievements and has money as his cop out, the guy isn't a winner these days not unless you consider 4th place winning (sad but true), I've never seen a top manager so proud of getting 4th place every season and never win anything, you won't find another top manager like it either because they want to win that's what makes them top managers. When they don't they make changes and do everything they can to change that, this chump just sits on his arse and makes excuses about waiting periods, super super quality and not wanting to kill his young players, he's becoming a joke if he hasn't already tbh.

The board are a problem, but he's part of that, he picks up his 7+ million a year and pretty much does what a player who got paid to sit on the bench would be doing, picking up his pay cheque and doing little. He should have more ambition and challenge the board, he won't of course as he's all for this money 1st approach, he's a bottler these days no doubt about it in my mind.

Top players won't come don't worry, IMO that's a sad thing for us as we're gonna be stuck where we are for a long time, the signing of Bergkamp heralded a great new era for us, that doesn't look like it will ever happen again for a long time.

Özim
28-05-2012, 08:42 PM
You might have descended into the pits of cynicism a long time ago, but that doesn't mean that he didn't at one point think about joining us. He's international team mates with Verm, who will have undoubtedly spoken to him about life at Arsenal etc etc. Sure he may not have fully meant those words, doesn't mean he didn't say them though. And that's the point really. He's a merc with no apparent loyalties as of yet. But he might find that at Chelsea, who knows.
Some of the quotes are believable and there's nothing wrong with leaving your options open so that if you're favourite club doesn't come in you don't lose other options, but some of the quotes look pretty far fetched as well.

Özim
28-05-2012, 08:44 PM
i fail to see what he would like about chelsea then. all they did against barca and bayern was park the bus. no player got forward really. hardly great if you are an attacker. at least united and city attack and play football
Desire to win, determination, passion?

In addition moving to London is appealing to many foreign players, it has International appeal, add to that a chance to play regularly in a side that is being rebuilt, seems quite an exciting opportunity on the face of it.

Young Guns 11
28-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Some of the quotes are believable and there's nothing wrong with leaving your options open so that if you're favourite club doesn't come in you don't lose other options, but some of the quotes look pretty far fetched as well.

The spurs one?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/9080609/Tottenham-are-a-great-English-club-maybe-I-will-join-them-says-Eden-Hazard.html

Shaqiri Is Boss
28-05-2012, 08:47 PM

Loving the whole 'pinning colours to the mast' thing that's going on here.

Özim
28-05-2012, 08:47 PM
They scored more goals than Barcelona over 2 games.

Pretty impressive if none of their players went forward.

Defending is just as much a part of football as attacking and Chelsea defended better than Barca or Bayern attacked.

Simples. I hate the ****s but credit has to be given
Yeah I hate them too and wished them to lose in every game, in the end though they won it and deserve credit for their determination and organisation.

Have to admit it doesn't hurt as much as it did a few years back when we were a genuine threat and looked capable of winning it, I hate seeing other English clubs win the trophy but fact is they did.

Özim
28-05-2012, 08:48 PM
The spurs one?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/9080609/Tottenham-are-a-great-English-club-maybe-I-will-join-them-says-Eden-Hazard.html
Maybe :lol:

Marc Overmars
28-05-2012, 08:50 PM

The thing that made a difference was money and what the fuck is wrong in that? You wouldnt think twice if a company paid better.. why cant a player do that? This is ridiculous.. the loyalty bollocks!

I think the contempt is more to do with the fact he's been so shameless about it.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-05-2012, 08:51 PM
Hazard. :lol:

Awful road signs.

Also, come on Llorente.

Kano
28-05-2012, 08:54 PM
I think the contempt is more to do with the fact he's been so shameless about it.

we're stuck with two options it seems and we have to decide which we prefer:

a) supporting a bag kissing knobhead that says he loves our club only to skip on at the first opportunity to earn more

or

b) a money chasing **** that is open about his motivations but does what is needed on the field

Marc Overmars
Hazard.

Also, come on Llorente.

#leaveityeah

Cripps_orig

The thing that made a difference was money and what the fuck is wrong in that? You wouldnt think twice if a company paid better.. why cant a player do that? This is ridiculous.. the loyalty bollocks!Nothing wrong with it at all

And Hazard didnt even join Chelsea for the money cos he could have got more at the Manc Clubs. He joined Chelsea cos he would have played more there and they won the CL. A footballing decision and he must commended for that. In a time where players leave for money, Cesc, Cole, Henry etc its good to see Hazard go against the grain

Young Guns 11
Maybe :lol:

I was trying to find a source for the scouse one, but that one could be a dead-end, though that was just from me typing in the exact words into google, and apparently that quote isn't exact but meh, got a fudging functional genomics exam on weds so don't have the time to dig deeper.

Point is, he's a douche. In my opinion a player shouldn't really be saying anything about other clubs publicly whilst under contract.

Shaqiri Is Boss
Hazard. :lol:

Awful road signs.

Also, come on Llorente.
You didn't hear?

Dave Whelan has scheduled a press conference for tomorrow. :good:

Geoff Shreeves will be there to interview whoever loses out and Jim White will be providing minute-by-minute commentary.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-05-2012, 08:57 PM
Dave Whelan would schedule a press conference just to tell us what he had for breakfast.

Kano
Yeah I hate them too and wished them to lose in every game, in the end though they won it and deserve credit for their determination and organisation.

Have to admit it doesn't hurt as much as it did a few years back when we were a genuine threat and looked capable of winning it, I hate seeing other English clubs win the trophy but fact is they did.

no they are disgusting dirty fucking chelsea who deserve absolutely no pats on the back from us. at any point in the past or the future. absolute disgusting bucket of monkey spunk swallower's. plus the opportunity to laugh at spurs falling into the europa league was completely and utterly ruined as the dark, turgid, piss smelling cloud of chelsea hung over everything.

Özim

I was trying to find a source for the scouse one, but that one could be a dead-end, though that was just from me typing in the exact words into google, and apparently that quote isn't exact but meh, got a fudging functional genomics exam on weds so don't have the time to dig deeper.

Point is, he's a douche. In my opinion a player shouldn't really be saying anything about other clubs publicly whilst under contract.
I don't disagree, but let me throw this into the hat, often people defend Wenger words by saying he was asked a question and so he answered it, does the same not apply here?

I agree players shouldn't talk about other clubs, but most do when asked about playing for Barca or Real for example.

Shaqiri Is Boss
28-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Dave Whelan would schedule a press conference just to tell us what he had for breakfast.
You didn't hear?

Dave Whelan has scheduled a press conference for tomorrow to announce he's having Corn Flakes. :good:

Geoff Shreeves will be there to break the news to Shreddies, and Jim White will be providing minute-by-minute commentary.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-05-2012, 09:00 PM

#leaveityeah

http://i2.listal.com/image/3566053/600full-fernando-llorente.jpg

:bow:

AKBapologist
28-05-2012, 09:03 PM

:good:

To think he had his eyes on spurs at one point during the year. Proper merc.

Marc Overmars
28-05-2012, 09:03 PM
I don't disagree, but let me throw this into the hat, often people defend Wenger words by saying he was asked a question and so he answered it, does the same not apply here?

I agree players shouldn't talk about other clubs, but most do when asked about playing for Barca or Real for example.

Hazard did most of his recent cock teasing on Twitter. Nothing to do with journo's putting him on the spot with a question.