PDA

View Full Version : Summer Transfer Speculation and Shit

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Özil's Panoramic View
21-06-2013, 01:18 PM
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsene-wenger-eyes-another-arsenal-record-with-23m-fellaini-8668438.html

Wenger. :bow:

All is about to be forgiven.

Death of Arteta for sure.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-06-2013, 01:28 PM
i like fellers but if we're going to play him in the DM role surely we can spend £23m on a better player? that can get you a top top DM.

although fellers would be good because he could play further up top should the inevitable injury to jack/rosicky happen.

Niall_Quinn
21-06-2013, 01:32 PM
How big of a name was he when we signed him? I was too young to remember.

Massive - on a bigger scale than anything we'd done since maybe Super Mac. It was a pinch yourself and make sure it wasn't April 1, once in a lifetime type signing. He had already been touted as the best player in the world though that had boiled down a bit, but we were still signing a player from the top,top, top, top, top, top tier of football. Hard to compare with today because footballers are much more about marketing than football now. So Ronaldo would be bigger by a long way, in terms of shirt sales, sunglasses sales, Vaseline sales. But as a landmark moment for Arsenal I doubt the signing of Bergkamp will ever be topped.

Niall_Quinn
21-06-2013, 01:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsZkCFoqSBs

:haha:

Proper fucking commentary.

I_Killed_Kenny
21-06-2013, 01:40 PM
Massive - on a bigger scale than anything we'd done since maybe Super Mac. It was a pinch yourself and make sure it wasn't April 1, once in a lifetime type signing. He had already been touted as the best player in the world though that had boiled down a bit, but we were still signing a player from the top,top, top, top, top, top tier of football. Hard to compare with today because footballers are much more about marketing than football now. So Ronaldo would be bigger by a long way, in terms of shirt sales, sunglasses sales, Vaseline sales. But as a landmark moment for Arsenal I doubt the signing of Bergkamp will ever be topped.

was even better cos that lot down the road signed their record signing, chris armstrong for 4m and were raving about him, then we go and blow that out of the water with the legend that is bergkamp! huge huge signing of one of the finest footballers i will ever see

Shaqiri Is Boss
21-06-2013, 01:41 PM
Proper fucking commentary.

That first one is brilliant.

Munchies
21-06-2013, 01:42 PM
Another tip on DB was that he stayed with us till the end of his playing days.

His goal on DB day :bow:

Syn
21-06-2013, 01:50 PM
Luckily i speak dutch. I can translate:

frank the bore spills the ball. Dennis bergkamp inter Milan. Dennisbergkamp. Dennisbergkamp. Dennisbergkamp. Dennisbergkamp.Dennisbergkamp. Dennisbergkamp. Dennisbergkamp. Dennisbergkamp. Aaaaarrrgghh. Dennis bergkamp.

Niall_Quinn
21-06-2013, 01:50 PM
http://youtu.be/70X8goHkONk

Gareth Bale, watch and learn - long, long way to go.

Dutch master, a privilege to watch this guy play. Is Messi real or just a massive cheat? We'll never know I suppose. But now Zidane has gone everyone bar Messi wouldn't be fit to lace Bergkamp's boots.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-06-2013, 01:51 PM
Come back Barry Davies. :(

LDG
21-06-2013, 01:52 PM

frank the bore spills the ball. Dennis bergkamp inter Milan. Dennisbergkamp. Dennisbergkamp. Dennisbergkamp. Dennisbergkamp.Dennisbergkamp. Dennisbergkamp. Dennisbergkamp. Dennisbergkamp. Aaaaarrrgghh. Dennis bergkamp.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

LDG
21-06-2013, 01:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlpC8-9iI0A

:lol:

Munchies
21-06-2013, 01:59 PM
Fuck sake, the only footballer I've met is David James :haha: .

Would of been/would be amazing meeting DB one day.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-06-2013, 02:03 PM
Another tip on DB was that he stayed with us till the end of his playing days.

His goal on DB day :bow:

seeing wrighty and henry up top together that day :bow:

dream come true :bow:

grimandi's tackle on davids :haha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtidXpWaVVM

LDG
21-06-2013, 02:04 PM

Munchies
21-06-2013, 02:05 PM

Still got that shirt that he left for everyone on that game on the seat, still too big :lol:

Syn
21-06-2013, 02:07 PM
I thought DB day was a league game where we beat West Brom.

Munchies
21-06-2013, 02:07 PM
I thought DB day was a league game where we beat West Brom.

Yep, it was.

That's from the testimonial

Grebbo
21-06-2013, 02:09 PM
Arsenal Geoff on twitter saying he's had a conversation with someone and the words were:

"Higuain close, Rooney next"

Niall_Quinn
21-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Be just like us to sign a top class player and then ruin it by bringing in a fat, bald, fag sucking twat.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-06-2013, 02:14 PM
Be just like us to sign a top class player and then ruin it by bringing in a fat, bald, fag sucking twat.

oi! leave letters out of this!

Niall_Quinn
21-06-2013, 02:16 PM
oi! leave letters out of this!

He started it

LDG
21-06-2013, 02:16 PM
Arsenal Geoff on twitter saying he's had a conversation with someone and the words were:

"Higuain close, Rooney next"

Niall_Quinn
21-06-2013, 02:19 PM
The only fun part of a Rooney transfer will be the mancs going all quiet about their "Rooney still best", shite. Even after RvC gave fat boy a chasing out of the team some of them were still doing the Rooney cock suck thing.

Grebbo
21-06-2013, 02:33 PM
Why would anyone turn their noses up at Rooney? It's not your money, who cares if he's a disaster.

We're not really a big club in Europe so we're never going to sign the real top players in their prime. Rooney is the best available to us. If it wasn't for that freak RVC then he'd still be top dog at one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Letters
21-06-2013, 02:39 PM
It's not your money?

Where do you think football clubs' money comes from?

Directly or indirectly it's all our money.

Seymour Butts
21-06-2013, 02:40 PM

Grimandis face after that is an absolute classic!!!

AKBapologist
21-06-2013, 02:43 PM
I just don't see where rooney would play. Midfield and wingers are what we are lacking, does rooney wanna drop to midfield?

Grebbo
21-06-2013, 02:45 PM
It's not your money?

Where do you think football clubs' money comes from?

Directly or indirectly it's all our money.

Well I'd buy sky even if Arsenal weren't on there tbh.

LDG
21-06-2013, 02:45 PM
I just don't see where rooney would play. Midfield and wingers are what we are lacking, does rooney wanna drop to midfield?

This is Wenget we're talking about here.

He'll play CB when we sell Koscielny.

Cripps_orig
21-06-2013, 02:54 PM
ARSENE WENGER is lining up a £6million bid for Croatian wonder kid Tin Jedvaj.
The Arsenal boss is keen to pounce after Italian giants Roma failed with a £5m bid for the Dinamo Zagreb defender just days ago.
Jedvaj, 17, is the most highly-rated player from Croatia since midfielder Luka Modric.
He has already been called up to train with the full national squad despite his inexperience.
With Croatia’s World Cup qualification hopes in turmoil following a shock defeat to Scotland in the last match, Jedvaj is tipped to make his full international debut soon.
Wenger is also keen on Swansea centre-half and skipper Ashley Williams, 28, as a ready-made first-team option.
But the Gunners boss is unhappy at the Swans’ £10m valuation and sees Jedvaj as the long-term option.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4977907/-Tin-Jedvaj-is-being-lined-up-for-a-6million-bid-by-Arsene-Wenger.html#ixzz2WrYAfCpJ

This is more like the Wenger we know and despise

Injury Time
21-06-2013, 02:58 PM
This is more like the Wenger we know and despise
File it under the 400 page long chapter "players I nearly signed" in his reveal autobiography
http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2013/06/roma-beat-arsenal-to-signing-of-croatian-starlet/

AKBapologist
21-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Gonzalo Higuain has agreed a four-year deal worth £115,000 a week with Arsenal, according to reports in Argentina today, paving the way for him to become the North London club’s record signing should he complete the move from Real Madrid.

The 25-year-old Argentina forward is expected to cost about £22 million, eclipsing the £15 million that Arsenal paid for Santi Cazorla and Andrey Arshavin.

Higuain scored 16 goals last season and 22 league goals in the previous campaign when he helped Real Madrid to win the La Liga title. But he has been unhappy at being considered second choice despite averaging a goal every 112 minutes in the Spanish League since he made his debut in January 2007 - at 28.31, only Barcelona’s Lionel Messi (29.45) has a better shot conversion rate.

The Spanish giants have offered him to Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur, whose coach Andre Villas-Boas wanted to sign the player when he was in charge at Stamford Bridge. Higuain has scored 106 goals in 188 league games for Real since he arrived from River Plate. He was born in France and has Argentinian parents but while he is a French national, he does not speak the language, and chose instead to play for Argentina, for whom he has scored 20 goals.

Arsene Wenger has been under pressure to spend – chiefly on a striker - on the back of Arsenal failing to mount a challenge for trophies in recent seasons and only narrowly qualifying for the Champions League in the last two years when they had to overhaul Tottenham Hotspur on each occasion.

The Frenchman has money from the new television deal as well as the club’s new sponsorship deal with Emirates and Puma from next season.

Arsenal also plan to sign a holding midfielder – to replace Abou Diaby who will be out until the new year and is likely to then be released – and possibly an experience and versatile defender who can operate at centre and full back. They want to sell Thomas Vermaelen, the defender.

Gary Jacob

The Times - ‎Thursday‎, ‎20‎ ‎June‎ ‎2013

LDG
21-06-2013, 04:01 PM
We're not signing him.

Sanagogo, or whatever his name is, is our limit.

Master Splinter
21-06-2013, 04:17 PM
to replace Abou Diaby who will be out until the new year and is likely to then be released

Gary Jacob is officially unreliable.

Unai Tea
21-06-2013, 05:28 PM

Luckily I also speak Dutch and I find your translation enthusiastic if inaccurate. First bit is 'Frank de Boer speelt de ball' > 'Frank de Boer plays the ball....the rest, as far as I can make out is <orgasm> <Orgasm> ...twenty seconds ... <orgasm> <orgasm>

Globalgunner
21-06-2013, 07:46 PM
Luckily I also speak Dutch and I find your translation enthusiastic if inaccurate. First bit is 'Frank de Boer speelt de ball' > 'Frank de Boer plays the ball....the rest, as far as I can make out is <orgasm> <Orgasm> ...twenty seconds ... <orgasm> <orgasm>

Just imagine if our friendly neighborhood commentator G Neville had been on the Mic that day. Would probably have set some world record for multiple orgasms.

Munchies
21-06-2013, 07:56 PM
Just imagine if our friendly neighborhood commentator G Neville had been on the Mic that day. Would probably have set some world record for multiple orgasms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBhlVVpBV_c

Cripps_orig
21-06-2013, 08:48 PM
Lewandowski would ‘fit perfectly’ at Arsenal, says Podolski

The German international says the Borussia Dortmund striker's goalscoring record proves he could be a success anywhere and feels it is up to the player to decide his future

Arsenal forward Lukas Podolski says Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski would “fit perfectly" at the Gunners.

The Poland international’s future remains the subject of intense debate despite CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke having insisted Lewandowski will play for Dortmund next season.

BVB have ruled out selling their star striker to rivals Bayern Munich although the player remains keen on a move to the European champions.

Arsenal's Premier League rivals Manchester United have also been linked with the Pole but Podolski feels Lewandowski would be a huge success with the Gunners.

"He scored 24 times last season,” he told Polish newspaper Polska The Times. “He can make it anywhere and he would fit perfectly at Arsenal.

"At the end he has to decide, not the media or manager."

Lewandowski scored an impressive 24 goals in just 31 Bundesliga appearances last season for Dortmund and 36 goals in all competitions for Jurgen Klopp's men.

Goal also understands Arsenal are closing in on a deal for Real Madrid striker Gonazalo Higuain after the Argentine striker agreed personal terms with the Gunners.

Make it happen

Syn
21-06-2013, 08:53 PM
If you had to pick, Higuain or Lewandowski cripps?

exactly shut the fuck up. And Podolski can gtfo as well.

Cripps_orig
21-06-2013, 08:56 PM
If you had to pick, Higuain or Lewandowski cripps?

exactly shut the fuck up. And Podolski can gtfo as well.

I'd pick Cripps

Syn
21-06-2013, 08:58 PM
Rofl.

Marc Overmars
21-06-2013, 09:01 PM
Lewandowski is similar to RVC, he would be a brilliant fit for us tbf.

Never going to happen anyway, besides I'll be happy should Higuain be our top forward signing this summer.

Cripps_orig
21-06-2013, 09:04 PM
Higuain is better IMO.

Still, no harm in getting both

Japan Shaking All Over
21-06-2013, 09:14 PM
too true but lets remember who we support!
Hig is looking on and I am happy with that state of affairs....

think Felliani would be a good pick up even if slightly pricey!

Munchies
21-06-2013, 09:21 PM
Higuain is more likely to turn into a fat fuck

Cripps_orig
21-06-2013, 09:23 PM
Higuain is more likely to turn into a fat fuck

Hopefully Higuain is immune to Wengeritis.

Syn
21-06-2013, 09:42 PM
Higuain is better IMO.

Still, no harm in getting both

Much much better. Lewandowski is massively overrated because of his Malaga performance. He's good but not 100 league goals in La Liga by age 25 good. Higuain is the more talented player. Better all round player.

Cripps_orig
21-06-2013, 09:47 PM
Much much better. Lewandowski is massively overrated because of his Malaga performance. He's good but not 100 league goals in La Liga by age 25 good. Higuain is the more talented player. Better all round player.
I'd agree with that.

Lewandowski has his moments. The 4 goal showing v Real Madrid was brilliant of course but he was also shocking in the 2nd leg.

I've seen Higuain a lot more of course and he seems more consistent.

Syn
21-06-2013, 09:51 PM
Forgot he scored 4 goals v Madrid.

Tbh I don't watch any of these ****s play. And if most are honest, nor do they. But an indisputable fact is that Higgy's top notch. So he must be got. And when we get him. We then fucking win the fucking title.

bunsco
21-06-2013, 10:12 PM

What he said.

Cripps_orig
21-06-2013, 10:57 PM
Wayne Rooney, 27, will meet with new Manchester United manager David Moyes to discuss his future, as Chelsea and Arsenal both prepare to bid for the England striker if he wants to leave the Premier League champions.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Arsenal are considering whether to activate the £23m release clause in 25-year-old Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini's contract.
Full story: London Evening Standard

Get both

Syn
21-06-2013, 11:06 PM
Felliani no good. Need a German for that role.

Cripps_orig
21-06-2013, 11:29 PM
Belgian is the new German tbh

Özil's Panoramic View
21-06-2013, 11:38 PM
Belgian is the new German tbh

This^

Cripps_orig
22-06-2013, 12:14 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4979454/Wayne-Rooney-set-for-crunch-Manchester-United-talks.html

Prefers Chelsea apparently ffs

Özil's Panoramic View
22-06-2013, 12:19 AM
Fantastic.

Really don't want him here, no matter how good he used to be.

Cripps_orig
22-06-2013, 12:22 AM
You don't want quality players here?

Özil's Panoramic View
22-06-2013, 12:43 AM
Of course, but quality doesn't stop at that fat toad.

He's obviously cueing for his last big pay day, so no surprise really that he's leaning towards the chavs.

Besides, it would be a slap in the face of all proper Gooners, including fans and past great players alike, to use up whatever little dosh we're now blessed with paying over $250k weekly wages to that nursing home raider who's apparently going down the other side of the hill already.

hobson's choice
22-06-2013, 01:09 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4979454/Wayne-Rooney-set-for-crunch-Manchester-United-talks.html

Prefers Chelsea apparently ffs

He only prefers Chelsea because they can pay him what he wants(which is obvious to everyone). Footballing wise, he'll fit in a lot better with us.

hobson's choice
22-06-2013, 01:10 AM
Of course, but quality doesn't stop at that fat toad.

He's obviously cueing for his last big pay day, so no surprise really that he's leaning towards the chavs.

Besides, it would be a slap in the face of all proper Gooners, including fans and past great players alike, to use up whatever little dosh we're now blessed with paying over $250k weekly wages to that nursing home raider who's apparently going down the other side of the hill already.

Name one player on our team at the moment, better than him.

Özil's Panoramic View
22-06-2013, 02:10 AM
Name one player on our team at the moment, better than him.

Still doesn't mean I have to want him here.

He's a 1st rate scrote, and has committed his fair share of indiscretions against us. Have you all forgotten this?

LDG
22-06-2013, 11:28 AM
Nursing home raider :haha:

Bloody right. The twat can pis off to chelsea. It's about his level of class.

Kano
22-06-2013, 11:44 AM
the media get the fans every single time. rooney to arsenal. seriously, have a word with yourselves.

Injury Time
22-06-2013, 12:37 PM
the media get the fans every single time. rooney to arsenal. seriously, have a word with yourselves.

Can't believe this wum of a story is still running tbh :sulk:

bunsco
22-06-2013, 01:22 PM
He only prefers Chelsea because they can pay him what he wants(which is obvious to everyone). Footballing wise, he'll fit in a lot better with us.

That's only part of it.

Mainly the potential to keep his honours list ticking over with the arrival of 'The Special One'.

Can't see him wanting to come to a club which will potentially continue to tick over fighting for 3/4 place for the next few years. That's like going 3 steps back, 3steps sideways...

bunsco
22-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Still doesn't mean I have to want him here.

He's a 1st rate scrote, and has committed his fair share of indiscretions against us. Have you all forgotten this?

I think that's called doing your job tbh.

But all in all, I can't see the harm of him joining us but I think I'd prefer we pass up on him. Money could be better spent elsewhere.

Özil's Panoramic View
22-06-2013, 02:15 PM
I think that's called doing your job tbh.

But all in all, I can't see the harm of him joining us but I think I'd prefer we pass up on him. Money could be better spent elsewhere.

Doing a job? He's a horrible cheat, that's what he is.

Cripps_orig
22-06-2013, 02:18 PM
He's a quality player who would improve our team vastly and that is all that matters.

He won't come. His ambition I suspect does not want him to just finish 4th all the time.

bunsco
22-06-2013, 02:21 PM

Like we haven't pulled a fast one or twelve...

Kano
22-06-2013, 02:38 PM
gets the job done in the prem. i'm not sure our powder puff good boys are counting many medals at the moment.

back when we won things, the team did what was necessary and we sorely miss that, amongst other things.

Munchies
22-06-2013, 02:43 PM
What would the fee be like for him anyway ? That and the massive wages.

They got the most out of him for £24m. And I don't think he's anywhere near that now.

Cripps_orig
22-06-2013, 02:43 PM
Arsenal to make Fellaini second offer after opening €82,000-a-week proposal rejected

The Gunners, who have activated the Belgian's release clause, are talking to his camp and will open formal discussions with the midfielder when given permission by Everton.

Arsenal have made Marouane Fellaini a contract offer as they set their sights on sealing a deal for the Everton midfielder.

The Gunners, who have already activated the Belgian’s €25.5 million release clause, are believed to have proposed to his representatives a starting salary of €82,000-a-week.

This is less than Fellaini’s current €88,000-a-week wage at Goodison Park but Arsenal are expected to increase their informal offer during further discussions with the player’s camp.

It is understood that official talks will begin with Fellaini when he is given permission to do so by Everton, which is expected to be at some point this month.

Arsenal activated Fellaini’s buy-out clause a fortnight ago as they prepare to smash the €20m barrier on two marquee signings this summer.

A Gunners delegation is in Spain this weekend to tie up the signing of Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain, who has agreed personal terms on a deal starting at €117,000-a-week. Arsenal and Real will thrash out the fee for the Argentine, with the Londoners hopeful an offer around the €23m mark can close the deal.

Arsenal will then turn their attention to securing a second statement signing of the summer as Arsene Wenger makes full use of the biggest transfer kitty in the club’s history.

Fellaini is currently on his summer break, which has included time spent in the Spanish resort of Marbella, but the Belgium international is expected to return from his holiday next week.

Arsenal are in pole position to capture the versatile midfielder after making a concerted attempt to capture a player who has long been admired by Wenger.

New Manchester United manager David Moyes is yet to make a move for the player who worked under him for five years at Everton, which, given that Chelsea have dropped their interest in Fellaini, could leave the road clear for Arsenal.

It would be regarded as a considerable statement of intent if Wenger completes the signings of both Fellaini and Higuain.

Intriguingly, the Arsenal manager also retains a strong interest in Wayne Rooney but will not continue his pursuit of Fiorentina’s Stevan Jovetic if he captures Higuain.

We offered Fellaini less wages than what he's on now? :doh:

The stupidity of this club knows no bounds.

Munchies
22-06-2013, 02:44 PM

http://thisisfutbol.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/ArseneWengerSmiling.jpg

Cripps_orig
22-06-2013, 02:48 PM
How long before the "arsenal can do no wrong" brigade say the inevitable "its bs" etc?

Ollie the Optimist
22-06-2013, 03:50 PM

If we have activated his release clause, why would we be having informal discussions?

Goal.com :haha:

GP
22-06-2013, 03:59 PM
If we have activated his release clause, why would we be having informal discussions?

Goal.com :haha:

Cripps_orig
22-06-2013, 04:00 PM

Goal.com :haha:Do you think just cos we have activated the clause, he'll just join without no discussions?

Ollie the Optimist
22-06-2013, 04:01 PM
Do you think just cos we have activated the clause, he'll just join without no discussions?

No if we activated his release clause, we would have proper formal discussions.

Ollie the Optimist
22-06-2013, 04:07 PM
Also if you meet a release clause you don't need formal permission to talk to a player if I'm right , just look at goetze and bayern so goal.com are wrong again for a second time in 1 article. Awful website

Lord Nelson
22-06-2013, 04:08 PM
No if we activated his release clause, we would have proper formal discussions.
Why do we always make such a drawn out fuss signing players? The Scousers have just signed Alberto, isn't that their 3rd signing ? This is another "Groundhog Day" transfer window!

GP
22-06-2013, 04:10 PM
This is another "Groundhog Day" post

Sure is.

:yawn:

Cripps_orig
22-06-2013, 04:11 PM
Also if you meet a release clause you don't need formal permission to talk to a player if I'm right , just look at goetze and bayern so goal.com are wrong again for a second time in 1 article. Awful website

Officially probably not but its sportsmanlike to do so seeing as Fellaini is still an Everton player and not out of contract.

Cripps_orig
22-06-2013, 04:12 PM
Why do we always make such a drawn out fuss signing players? The Scousers have just signed Alberto, isn't that their 3rd signing ? This is another "Groundhog Day" transfer window!

Pretty much

Özil's Panoramic View
22-06-2013, 04:22 PM
Might have been accidental. Repost it for those of us who didn't get to read it.

Xhaka Can’t
22-06-2013, 04:24 PM
If we could avoid another Ollie/Cripps, "you're a wum" "no you are" gayfest, that would be nice.

Cripps_orig
22-06-2013, 04:27 PM
Might have been accidental. Repost it for those of us who didn't get to read it.

Could be.

It was neither WUMming or offensive so maybe a mistake from the mods.

Shaqiri Is Boss
22-06-2013, 04:31 PM
If we could avoid another Ollie/Cripps, "you're a wum" "no you are" gayfest, that would be nice.

You're a wum.

Cripps_orig
22-06-2013, 04:32 PM
First offensive post

I expect mods to take action

Xhaka Can’t
22-06-2013, 04:38 PM
You're a wum.

Coming from you, that hurts.

Xhaka Can’t
22-06-2013, 04:41 PM
In summary, people who have a pov that Cripps disagrees with are wums, and Ollie was about to rant about something or he edited something - I forget, but it's gone now.

Cripps_orig
22-06-2013, 04:44 PM
In summary, people who have a pov that Cripps disagrees with are wums, and Ollie was about to rant about something or he edited something - I forget, but it's gone now.

Best summary I've seen on here

LDG
22-06-2013, 05:13 PM
I'm just having a pint.

Seems to work for me.

Xhaka Can’t
22-06-2013, 05:16 PM
I'm just having a pint.

:faint:

Niall_Quinn
22-06-2013, 05:40 PM
Who cares where the fat fuck goes as long as it's not here.

And the same goes for Rooney.

Munchies
22-06-2013, 06:09 PM
Arsenal ready to complete £13.5m deal for Ribéry

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2006/aug/08/newsstory.arsenal

Lets hope Higuain doesn't end up the same way

Cripps_orig
22-06-2013, 06:10 PM

Bergkampwonderland10
22-06-2013, 07:21 PM
Who exactly have they signed...it's quality not quantity...and we only sign super quality! If they Sign Mignolet too - hopefully that makes Begovic available for us!

Cripps_orig
22-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Who exactly have they signed...it's quality not quantity...and we only sign super quality! If they Sign Mignolet too - hopefully that makes Begovic available for us!

Mignolet is far better.

Reina is better than both and we have been interested in him before. Time he came home

Özil's Panoramic View
22-06-2013, 10:25 PM
"@LadyArse: Sport report Cesc turned down United who now want Thiago, see some Barca fans saying sell Cesc, keep Thiago. They never loved you Cesc."

:haha: :haha:

Turned his back on the one place hwere he was ever truly loved and revered.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
22-06-2013, 10:35 PM
2 things

firstly, arteta is on holiday with fellaini

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BNYdqcFCYAA7gt2.jpg

:lol: the irony. probably trying to persuade the guy to come but he'll be coming to replace your mediocre ass.

secondly, someone met the players in a club last night. asked fellaini if he's coming arsenal and he said 'i hope so'

http://gossip.ladyarse.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/fellaini-1.png

i think there's real interest there. or he just tried getting in her pants :shrug:

GP
22-06-2013, 10:44 PM
Why? She's a hound.

Cripps_orig
22-06-2013, 10:45 PM
Arsenal are prepared to make a £20m bid for Rooney and £22m offer to Real Madrid for 25-year-old striker Gonzalo Higuain.
Full story: Mail on Sunday

Bring them both in :pray:

selassie
22-06-2013, 10:47 PM
Why? She's a hound.

A Wolf wrapped up in a womans body. ;)

Özil's Panoramic View
22-06-2013, 11:01 PM
Bit harsh on wolves, tbh.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
22-06-2013, 11:03 PM
:lol: wolves.

awful team.

Xhaka Can’t
22-06-2013, 11:06 PM
Why? She's a hound.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/34292615.jpg

McNamara That Ghost...
22-06-2013, 11:20 PM
Me. :bow:

selassie
23-06-2013, 09:54 AM
What's the latest on Higuain? I am hoping we can wrap this one up and move on to other targets but I am getting the impression this deal has stalled over us agreeing a fee with Real.

GP
23-06-2013, 10:02 AM
Real have said no one in or out until they've got a manager.

Cripps_orig
23-06-2013, 11:17 AM
ARSENAL are battling it out with Liverpool to sign Schalke’s £12million-rated centre-back Kyriakos Papadopoulos.
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger tracked the Greece international two years ago and is considering making a move.
With Ashley Williams’ switch from Swansea now looking unlikely, Papadopoulos has emerged as an alternative.
The tough-tackling defender was a target for AC Milan last season.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4980143/Kyriakos-Papadopoulos-a-target-for-Arsenal-and-Liverpool.html#ixzz2X2MMQyNx

He's a very good defender.

Better than Williams by miles for sure and would take his rightful place alongside Mert n our team

McNamara That Ghost...
23-06-2013, 11:18 AM
The names don't get much bigger than that.

Shaqiri Is Boss
23-06-2013, 11:22 AM
Last I read we were put off by the price (which seems to have plummeted if you believe that article) and his knee; he had a serious knee injury last season which kept him out for a long time.

Cripps_orig
23-06-2013, 11:29 AM
He was brilliant at Euro 2012 iirc

Time he came home

LDG
23-06-2013, 11:38 AM
The names don't get much bigger than that.

Cripps_orig
23-06-2013, 12:36 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4980067/Arsenal-to-sign-Yaya-Sanogo.html

We're getting an injury prone shit would be postman

Higuain :rose:

LDG
23-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Same rehashed quotes we saw two weeks ago.

I don't doubt we're signing him, but more lazy journalism on a slow news day.

Cripps_orig
23-06-2013, 01:06 PM
They did look familiar tbh

Although we didn't know he was going to be a postman.

Learn something new every day

cricketsi
23-06-2013, 04:39 PM
He'll definitely deliver the goods for us.

LDG
23-06-2013, 04:53 PM
Oh no. You didn't :lol:

cricketsi
23-06-2013, 05:07 PM
Sorry, really need to address my posting here.

LDG
23-06-2013, 05:14 PM
2nd class posters :sulk:

cricketsi
23-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Well, you should send Letters in to stamp out this kind of nonsense.

LDG
23-06-2013, 05:21 PM
:ilt:

GP
23-06-2013, 05:43 PM
I'm sure he'll have his UPS and downs...

Master Splinter
23-06-2013, 05:57 PM
Letters FED his EX last night.

GP
23-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Get out.

Master Splinter
23-06-2013, 06:06 PM
Get out.

Letters is a MALE who loves ROYALS.

cricketsi
23-06-2013, 06:22 PM
Anyway, the Sanogo deal seams to be licked signed and sealed, but Higuain's is still enveloped in uncertainty?

Master Splinter
23-06-2013, 06:28 PM
POSTMAN PAT.

LDG
23-06-2013, 06:31 PM
POSTMAN PAT.

Mrs Sanogoggins?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-06-2013, 08:52 PM
Anyway, the Sanogo deal seams to be licked signed and sealed, but Higuain's is still enveloped in uncertainty?

:blink:

Cripps_orig
23-06-2013, 11:21 PM
Sochaux defender Sebastien Corchia's agent says the 22-year-old full-back is more likely to stay in France with Lyon rather than move to Arsenal.
Full story: Sky Sports

Good, we want him to stay in France.

Cripps_orig
24-06-2013, 10:06 PM
Hamburg keen on swoop for Djourou

The club's sporting director has confirmed he would be keen to offer the Switzerland international a deal to remain in the Bundesliga following his loan with Hannover

Hamburg have announced they are interested in signing Arsenal defender Johan Djourou following his successful loan spell at Hannover.

Djourou made just two Capital One Cup appearances for the Gunners last season but appeared 14 times in the Bundesliga after moving to Hannover on loan in January.

Mirko Slomka's men were reportedly hoping to retain the Switzerland international after finishing ninth in the table, but Hamburg sporting director Oliver Kreuzer has revealed his club are keen too.

"We would loan him, but we would also buy him, depending on what Arsenal prefer," he told Bild.

"Johan embodies the style we are looking for.

"He plays the ball constructively forward from the back. He is fast, good at heading and can lead. Plus, he will just reach his best age as a football player.

"Hannover played some good matches in the Europa League recently. But Hamburg is Hamburg and HSV is HSV."

Ideal opportunity to sell him.

If we loan him out again :doh:

Marc Overmars
25-06-2013, 10:12 AM
Daily Mail have us linked with Fellaini again, however he supposedly wants 100k a week which we aren't prepared to meet.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2013, 10:43 AM
Ancelotti has officially been named the new coach at Marketing.

Blanc has gone to PSG.

Munchies
25-06-2013, 10:47 AM
Daily Mail have us linked with Fellaini again, however he supposedly wants 100k a week which we aren't prepared to meet.

We should get rid of Podolski, Djourou and Santos to free it up

Ollie the Optimist
25-06-2013, 10:53 AM
We should get rid of Podolski, Djourou and Santos to free it up

Get rid of podolski? Errr what?

Munchies
25-06-2013, 11:01 AM

He's useless, anonymous up front, and not that great on the wing.

LDG
25-06-2013, 11:18 AM
Ancelotti has officially been named the new coach at Marketing.

Blanc has gone to PSG.

Excellent.

This means we can now put the final touches together on the deal to sign Sanogo, and some random tennager :dance:

Grebbo
25-06-2013, 11:40 AM

He's not that great is he tbh

Decent squad player but certainly wouldn't start for a team that has title aspirations, not that we do.

Grebbo
25-06-2013, 11:42 AM
tennager :dance:

I heard he's pretty tidy tbf

GP
25-06-2013, 12:08 PM

lol iknowrite?

Quality player.

Kano
25-06-2013, 12:34 PM
He's not that great is he tbh

Decent squad player but certainly wouldn't start for a team that has title aspirations, not that we do.
not best played out wide but when you consider milner, young, nani or valencia who give mixed results at best, then he doesn't stand out as being so poor.

Power n Glory
25-06-2013, 12:51 PM
not best played out wide but when you consider milner, young, nani or valencia who give mixed results at best, then he doesn't stand out as being so poor.

I don't think he's best suited on the wing either but he'll have to make do because he won't play through the middle if we sign a top striker. He'll have to work harder next season because he'd never finish a game and a saw a lot of bench time towards the end of the season. Maybe Wenger is having doubts too.

Özil's Panoramic View
25-06-2013, 02:23 PM
Podolski is useless on the all too important left wing. He's slow and lacks the trickery required to lose his marker. Put him upfront, and he's even more anonymous. Likeable bloke, but no time to be sentimental, so a Must Get Rid. Especially as our CEO has loudly proclaimed that we have upped our ambition to that of title contenders inlight of our augmented war chest which has put us in a position to bring in quality players.

A quick run down of regular and slightly not so regular 1st teamers that will get us nowhere near the title and are Must Get Rid:

1. Arteta - averageness personified, an absolutely pointless player who could never make a proper football team with title hopes.

2. Sir Ches - well and truly shown up and embarrassed by de Gea. Nuff said.

3. Sagna - sorry, but it's clear his heart just isn't here anymore. Used to be among the elite RFBs in the league, but has now gone totally dogshit and I can't see him turning it around at this point.

4. Ramsey :ilt: really makes me feel bad about myself. I could have been an Arsenal player ffs.

5. Podolski - reason already stated above.

6. Giroud - belongs in Ligue 1; that's his standard, tbh.

7. Gervinho - :haha:

8. Diaby - always a sure starter when match fit, and with such high expectations placed on "good Diaby", whom I personally have never seen despite watching most our games, live or delayed, he's our biggest liability next to our manager.

Sell these fuckers, and add some money to whatever we get for them to bring in genuine quality players, and we should be cooking with gas a la title hopes.

GP
25-06-2013, 02:26 PM

:doh:

bunsco
25-06-2013, 02:35 PM
He's useless, anonymous up front, and not that great on the wing.

A bit harsh seeing he's not had the opportunity to have a good run of games up top. Arguably our best finisher overall.

Letters
25-06-2013, 03:02 PM
Podolski and Giroud both had #decent seasons for a first year in a new team and league.
Neither are the top super quality we need if we're going to push on. Neither are hopeless.
Why does everything always have to be so extreme on here?
:rolleyes:

Özil's Panoramic View
25-06-2013, 03:14 PM
Podolski and Giroud both had #decent seasons for a first year in a new team and league.
Neither are the top super quality we need if we're going to push on. Neither are hopeless.
Why does everything always have to be so extreme on here?
:rolleyes:

Bit in bold will suffice.

Niall_Quinn
25-06-2013, 03:16 PM
Podolski is useless on the all too important left wing. He's slow and lacks the trickery required to lose his marker. Put him upfront, and he's even more anonymous. Likeable bloke, but no time to be sentimental, so a Must Get Rid. Especially as our CEO has loudly proclaimed that we have upped our ambition to that of title contenders inlight of our augmented war chest which has put us in a position to bring in quality players.

A quick run down of regular and slightly not so regular 1st teamers that will get us nowhere near the title and are Must Get Rid:

1. Arteta - averageness personified, an absolutely pointless player who could never make a proper football team with title hopes.

2. Sir Ches - well and truly shown up and embarrassed by de Gea. Nuff said.

3. Sagna - sorry, but it's clear his heart just isn't here anymore. Used to be among the elite RFBs in the league, but has now gone totally dogshit and I can't see him turning it around at this point.

4. Ramsey :ilt: really makes me feel bad about myself. I could have been an Arsenal player ffs.

5. Podolski - reason already stated above.

6. Giroud - belongs in Ligue 1; that's his standard, tbh.

7. Gervinho - :haha:

8. Diaby - always a sure starter when match fit, and with such high expectations placed on "good Diaby", whom I personally have never seen despite watching most our games, live or delayed, he's our biggest liability next to our manager.

Sell these fuckers, and add some money to whatever we get for them to bring in genuine quality players, and we should be cooking with gas a la title hopes.

And yet they all play for the 4th best team in the country. Who would you pick from the three clubs above us (that we haven't already sold to them) to replace any of those players? Fact is, this is a very (very) poor league stuffed full of very poor players and very poor managers. Ferguson was good enough to win the league with a dog shit team and our best player. These "terrible" players we have are only fractionally inferior to the mega-hyped, big fee flops favoured by the big two and a half teams above us.

Torres for Giroud then? Why bother? Rooney? Mr mega hype himself. Valencia? Milner? Name them? They are more about their wages than the entertainment they bring to the pitch. City and the chavs are utter laughing stocks. Billions spent and they still get walked on by Carrick and Co. Of course of you really want to replace those players with top talent (real talent) of the likes we used to have at this club then get a pen with a lot of ink because there will be many, many zeros on the end of those cheques you'll need to write. A billion quid would do it given today's transfer fees and the exorbitant and utterly ridiculous wages the comedy clubs like city have brought to the league.

Arteta is Mr Average? Maybe by yesterday's standard but certainly not in the context of the present day. In fact I think statistically he's top of the pile. Stats can prove anything of course, including this idea we are enjoying a quality league (the best in the world) stocked with quality players. We aren't. That's why the ramshackle crew you are talking about can push on into the CL spot. 4th place, well above average but also far from quality. That's the predicament but not just Arsenal's problem.

Letters
25-06-2013, 03:19 PM
Bit in bold will suffice.
And yet you slaughtered him above :shrug:

Niall_Quinn
25-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Podolski? A decent enough workman provided he has quality around him. He's not the sort of player who will grab the game and run it. But he'd be useful in a team that had those types of players. We sold them.

Syn
25-06-2013, 03:31 PM

attention.

Özil's Panoramic View
25-06-2013, 03:34 PM
Ok, ok, I recant. Keep them all. Silly me thinking that you guys were serious about us being title contenders next season. :doh:

Me. :pal:

GP
25-06-2013, 03:43 PM

Pretty much.

Özil's Panoramic View
25-06-2013, 03:43 PM

"Neither are the top super quality we need if we're going to push on."

That was the bit in bold. Isn't that a bit in line with what I conveyed in my post, albeit you tried to smartly add a little embellishment?

Kano
25-06-2013, 03:46 PM
Ok, ok, I recant. Keep them all. Silly me thinking that you guys were serious about us being title contenders next season. :doh:
silly you for believing we would be anywhere near the title next season. that is straight up retarded.

LDG
25-06-2013, 03:46 PM
Rainman.

That was a good film.

Letters
25-06-2013, 03:47 PM

Well, no. Keep some of them. Gervinho is utterly awful. Podolski isn't. He isn't world class either but we don't need 11 world class players to push us on and unless you're City or Chelsea and have a blank chequebook we're not going to get them. We need to get rid of some of the deadwood, sign some quality. We don't need to get rid of all the players you've listed, some of them could be part of a very good squad if we sign the right players to support them.

Letters
25-06-2013, 03:49 PM
"Neither are the top super quality we need if we're going to push on."

That was the bit in bold. Isn't that a bit in line with what I conveyed in my post, albeit you tried to smartly add a little embellishment?

Podolski is useless on the all too important left wing. He's slow and lacks the trickery required to lose his marker. Put him upfront, and he's even more anonymous

:shrug:

Özim
25-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Podolski is alright, he'll score goals and is a decent option, Giroud on the other hand....we need to get rid of this chump cos when we sign Rooney, Higuain and Jovetic he's going to be relegated to spit and polishing their boots.

Özil's Panoramic View
25-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Well, no. Keep some of them. Gervinho is utterly awful. Podolski isn't. He isn't world class either but we don't need 11 world class players to push us on and unless you're City or Chelsea and have a blank chequebook we're not going to get them. We need to get rid of some of the deadwood, sign some quality. We don't need to get rid of all the players you've listed, some of them could be part of a very good squad if we sign the right players to support them.

But nowhere did I say we needed 11 world class players.

No need to add stuff.

Letters
25-06-2013, 04:00 PM
But nowhere did I say we needed 11 world class players.

No need to add stuff.
No, but your post implied we need a complete clear-out in order to push on. We don't. We finished 4th. Utd went mental, no-one else was any good last year. We were only 5 points off 2nd. We're not that far away from a side who can challenge. If we clear out a bit of dead wood (which we've started to) and make some proper quality signings then we'll head in the right direction.

Özim
25-06-2013, 04:05 PM
And you say I need to change the record. We're miles away from the title, stop deluding yourself. You've been saying pretty much the same thing for how long now.

We need to have a bit of a clearout, free up some wages and sign some quality as well as backups who can come in and do a job when required, also these average joe's basically prevent us from signing quality because there's no space in the squad for them.

Letters
25-06-2013, 04:10 PM
You just agreed with what I said and still managed to have a pop at me.
Well done.

Özim
25-06-2013, 04:12 PM
Not really, I think we need to get rid of quite a few players to free up space and wages, without doing so we're never going to see the quality we need come in. I also don't think we're not that far away from challenging, I think we're a long way away at the moment...so no I don't agree.

We barely have a world class player in our squad, we need 5-6 plus some very good 1st teamers alongside them and then some good backups. This squad is totally inbalanced and lacks players in key positions.

Ollie the Optimist
25-06-2013, 04:19 PM

we have supposdly 70 million to spend on new players, to get the ones we need it will cost about 70 million, fellani, higuain, rooney, williams and cesar

and then on top of that to help us get to be title challengers you propose to basically sell half the team, and then replace them with who? we wouldnt have the money to replace them with

Letters
25-06-2013, 04:20 PM
Do Utd have 5 or 6 world class players? I don't think so.
My issue with Josh's post is he's listed 6 of our first team. We don't need to replace that many to get a lot closer.
We do need to clear out a lot of dead wood but I'm thinking players like Arshavin, Chamakh, Bendtner, Gervinho.
Podolski is fine, Giroud I'm not so sure about but for a first season he did OK.
Sign 2 or 3 top class players and it would make a big difference.
And if I sound like a broken record it's because that's been true for years and we've never signed the right players.
Will we this year? I'm not holding my breath.

Özim
25-06-2013, 04:26 PM
Man U had the best manager around, probably the best motivator as well, he almost gets players to play beyond their ability, Wenger can't do that.

I think we need more than 3, we've lacked a quality spine to the team for years now and that would be the starting point for me, we also need some options on the bench, right now we don't really seem to have much in terms of matchwinners.

The end of season run was never going convince me as we always have a run like this every season and in the end we get to the new season and then realise nothing has changed.

Kano
25-06-2013, 04:34 PM
finishing five points behind man city come the end is quite misleading. come jan/feb we were 10 points behind them which (apart from 2011/12) is round about the gap between us and 1st and in any of those years i don't think we would believe we were anywhere near challenging.

city tailed off once mancini screwed them over and they were only interested in the cup but if they had a real target in the league after march, we would have been the usual distance behind.

Özil's Panoramic View
25-06-2013, 04:34 PM
No, but your post implied we need a complete clear-out in order to push on. We don't. We finished 4th. Utd went mental, no-one else was any good last year. We were only 5 points off 2nd. We're not that far away from a side who can challenge. If we clear out a bit of dead wood (which we've started to) and make some proper quality signings then we'll head in the right direction.

My post implied no such thing. I said we needed players of genuine quality to replace those 1st teamers I listed if we're to mount a title challenge. The cycle needs to broken, and only a mass clear out can help us at this point.

What we currently have barely scraped 4th on the last day of the season, again. And, if the outfit is anywhere near the same next season, then it will be more of the same.

I could care less about how close we finished to 2nd place last season. Fact is, we were out of title contention very early, and were miles off the champs. Only reward for finishing 2nd, 3rd, 4th is CL footie, which is only prioritised for the prestige and for keeping the troughs loaded with cash so the fat swines at the top can gorge their snouts in and have their fill. Time us fans get some reward, too, by getting a team that won't be sent packing the 1st proper team we meet in the knock-out stages of the competition.

Ollie the Optimist
25-06-2013, 04:35 PM
Man U had the best manager around, probably the best motivator as well, he almost gets players to play beyond their ability, Wenger can't do that.

I think we need more than 3, we've lacked a quality spine to the team for years now and that would be the starting point for me, we also need some options on the bench, right now we don't really seem to have much in terms of matchwinners.

The end of season run was never going convince me as we always have a run like this every season and in the end we get to the new season and then realise nothing has changed.

I think we have a spine though. the defence this season was solid, second best in the league. add in some cover, williams and cesar adn we are sorted there. midfield is solid imo, just need fellani and i think we have a very strong midfield, if we could get cesc will that would be fantastic, but up front is where we need the matchwinners. higuain and rooney would do that imo. podolski, walcott, and giroud as options are not bad. look at uniteds strike force last year, judas ****, rooney, hernandez and welbeck (just for a laugh here, mertesacker scored more goals then welbeck)

so we would have our spine of mertesacker, kos, gibbs, jack, arteta and cazorla. the matchwinners (assuming we get higuain) would be him, cazorla, jack and to an extent koscienly.

then you have players like rosicky, ramsey, podolski, giroud, sagna (if he is still here) ox, vermaelen, podolski, as squad players. thats not a bad squad at all, and can challenge imo

Letters
25-06-2013, 04:36 PM
Had is right. They don't have him any more and while they're not going to suddenly be in mid-table I don't think they'll go nuts without him like they did last year. Chelsea and City are obviously going to go nuts in the transfer market and it is hard to compete with them but I don't think we need to do as much as you say to get a lot closer. We drew way too many games last year - we had 8 0-0s or 1-1s. Get a real top class clinical striker, and a top midfielder to create more chances and we could turn a lot of those into wins. The defence actually did well last year, we could do with a top 'keeper to push Chez and maybe another centre back.

Özil's Panoramic View
25-06-2013, 04:43 PM
Do Utd have 5 or 6 world class players? I don't think so.
My issue with Josh's post is he's listed 6 of our first team. We don't need to replace that many to get a lot closer.
We do need to clear out a lot of dead wood but I'm thinking players like Arshavin, Chamakh, Bendtner, Gervinho.
Podolski is fine, Giroud I'm not so sure about but for a first season he did OK.
Sign 2 or 3 top class players and it would make a big difference.
And if I sound like a broken record it's because that's been true for years and we've never signed the right players.
Will we this year? I'm not holding my breath.

Thing is, Letters, it's already clearly established who are the deadweights that need offloading. You correctly listed a few here.

I'm just taking it a step further and calling out those in our 1st team that just aren't good enough to push us to the top. Might sound a bit harsh if you think what we have now is only 2% from donmination.

Letters
25-06-2013, 05:03 PM
I'm just taking it a step further and calling out those in our 1st team that just aren't good enough to push us to the top. Might sound a bit harsh if you think what we have now is only 2% from donmination.
I think where we differ is I think some of those you're calling out are good enough to be in a squad that could push us to (or near) the top.
They're not good enough without some quality additions but with them I think we could be right up there.

The players I listed shouldn't even be in the squad of a top 4 side.

Özil's Panoramic View
25-06-2013, 05:28 PM
I think where we differ is I think some of those you're calling out are good enough to be in a squad that could push us to (or near) the top.
They're not good enough without some quality additions but with them I think we could be right up there.

The players I listed shouldn't even be in the squad of a top 4 side.

Fair enough. Maybe my call to sell them all might be a bit drastic. We could probably relegate a few to squad duties, like say Sagna who's proven himself and might deserve better than to be carted off as soon as he's dropped form; Sir Ches probably needs an experienced, top keeper a la Cesar to understudy to properly hone and develop the potential he clearly has; Giroud might be worth a punt seeing that the mancs have Welbeck :haha: and the chavs have Torres; and maybe Podolski who currently seems our best finisher, albeit undeniably a lazy fuck :lol:.

I still contend, though, that the rest have no place here if our ambition has been elevated to title hopes.

Özil's Panoramic View
25-06-2013, 05:36 PM
To get back on track a bit, the chavs have signed Cavani and Liverpool Mignolet, why hasn't our boy Higgy come home yet?

Master Splinter
25-06-2013, 05:38 PM
Their last £50m striker was a bit shit.

As was their last superstar striker from Serie A.

Sanogo > Cavani tbfh.

Özil's Panoramic View
25-06-2013, 05:47 PM
Their last £50m striker was a bit shit.

As was their last superstar striker from Serie A.

Sanogo > Cavani tbfh.

Hard arguing against that, tbh.

Following up on my Higgy inquiry, how reliable is The Independent?

It is reporting this:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/carlo-ancelotti-to-real-madrid-good-news-for-arsenal-in-bid-to-sign-gonzalo-higuain-italian-set-to-finally-sanction-move-8672699.html

:pray:

Xhaka Can’t
25-06-2013, 06:27 PM
Rainman.

That was a good film.

Uh oh, fifteen minutes to Judge Wapner.

Letters
25-06-2013, 07:00 PM
To get back on track a bit, the chavs have signed Cavani and Liverpool Mignolet, why hasn't our boy Higgy come home yet?
Because they have the infinite money cheat on. Does make it easier to sign players when you don't have to bother negotiating or thinking about whether you can afford players.

Marc Overmars
25-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Juve on the verge of signing Tevez.

Should clear our path for Higuain.

Munchies
25-06-2013, 07:19 PM
Juve on the verge of signing Tevez.

Should clear our path for Higuain.

Was such a class player, imagine if he had the right attitude on him.

At one point, United had, Berbatov,Rooney,Ronaldo,Tevez up front

:wave:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-06-2013, 07:30 PM
And yet they all play for the 4th best team in the country. Who would you pick from the three clubs above us (that we haven't already sold to them) to replace any of those players? Fact is, this is a very (very) poor league stuffed full of very poor players and very poor managers. Ferguson was good enough to win the league with a dog shit team and our best player. These "terrible" players we have are only fractionally inferior to the mega-hyped, big fee flops favoured by the big two and a half teams above us.

Torres for Giroud then? Why bother? Rooney? Mr mega hype himself. Valencia? Milner? Name them? They are more about their wages than the entertainment they bring to the pitch. City and the chavs are utter laughing stocks. Billions spent and they still get walked on by Carrick and Co. Of course of you really want to replace those players with top talent (real talent) of the likes we used to have at this club then get a pen with a lot of ink because there will be many, many zeros on the end of those cheques you'll need to write. A billion quid would do it given today's transfer fees and the exorbitant and utterly ridiculous wages the comedy clubs like city have brought to the league.

Arteta is Mr Average? Maybe by yesterday's standard but certainly not in the context of the present day. In fact I think statistically he's top of the pile. Stats can prove anything of course, including this idea we are enjoying a quality league (the best in the world) stocked with quality players. We aren't. That's why the ramshackle crew you are talking about can push on into the CL spot. 4th place, well above average but also far from quality. That's the predicament but not just Arsenal's problem.

I agree with much of what you say, the quality of the premiership is pretty poor.....the idea that United for instance could have come close to winning the title in Spain is one so laughable that it scarcely bears thinking about.
But then the quality throughout Europe isn't brilliant, Spain are better than us simply because of Real Madrid and Barcelona.....and in Germany we have Bayern Munich (I would like to say Borussia Dortmund but they are a good team full of decent individuals.....Lewandowski is certainly no better than any of the strikers we have in the premier league). I think the quality of football players throughout Europe is somewhat sub-standard in terms of depth....there is very little leaway....you have brilliant and you have average. The only other sport currently where this contrast is so marked is Tennis.
The Italian league is a joke, the Bundesliga quality is more of a myth than a fact, Spain's reputation is propogated by it's two main teams and France which has always been the poor relation anyway will go the same way when you have loads of greedy players setting sail for Monaco's tax haven.
Football lives in a bubble financially, and whilst i don't agree with large amounts of what the Arsenal board have done....i think they are very quick to recognise it....although this long-game waiting to be the last club standing is a somewhat redundant approach.
The sport is becoming rotten to the core eating the heart out of itself through greed and the fact that the world organisational body of Football has sold it's soul by giving the World Cup to Qatar so there's little chance of change from the top.

Niall_Quinn
25-06-2013, 07:33 PM
how reliable is The Independent?

LOL, good one.

GP
25-06-2013, 07:35 PM

Lord Nelson
25-06-2013, 07:45 PM
Because they have the infinite money cheat on. Does make it easier to sign players when you don't have to bother negotiating or thinking about whether you can afford players.
Good post Letters! WTF happened to the Financial Fair Play rules? Chelsea are just whores. What happens Abramovich moves on / dies / whatever ?

Marc Overmars
25-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Juve have got Tevez for only 10m as well. :unsure:

I suppose that makes more sense for them than 20m+ on Higuain.

Shaqiri Is Boss
25-06-2013, 07:59 PM

Wouldn't his wages bring it to about the same level? I'd imagine Tevez would be on insane(r) wages than Higuain. I'd rather have the latter tbh.

In other news, we've confirmed Mignolet.

Ollie the Optimist
25-06-2013, 08:00 PM

I'm not sure it does, he's on something like 17 million a year in wages I think I read so what they save in transfer fee, they lose In wages

Syn
25-06-2013, 09:14 PM
It's not though, is it? Even if he's on £200k a week he'd be a cheaper option than Higgy. They have no money. This is what they do. They utterly embarrased themselves last year - offering peanuts for top strikers. They offered £8m for Van Persie and settled on Bendtner on loan. Joke club. Fuck Juve.

Cripps_orig
25-06-2013, 10:13 PM
Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham are on red alert after Barcelona decided to allow young star Gerard Deulofeu to spend a season out on loan.
The 19-year-old is seen as one of the brightest youngsters in Europe and has been linked with the Premier League trio, as well as Champions League finalists Borussia Dortmund.
And Barcelona are willing to allow the Spaniard to leave on loan to either a club in England or Germany.
The Catalan side are aware that Deulofeu is unlikely to make the breakthrough into the Barcelona first-team this season due to the purchase of Neymar to play alongside Lionel Messi, while the likes of David Villa, Pedro and Cesc Fabregas are also all able to play in the front three.
And that means he will be allowed to go out on loan, with Barcelona certain to make it clear there is no chance of the deal becoming permanent at the end of the season as they see his long-term future at the Nou Camp.

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130625/liverpool-arsenal-and-spurs-alert-barcelona-get-set-loan-out?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed#ixzz2XGiqoWsD
Follow us: @talksport on Twitter
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130625/liverpool-arsenal-and-spurs-alert-barcelona-get-set-loan-out?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed#Ma2F9RRklHbqbXQG.99

No thanks

bunsco
25-06-2013, 10:54 PM
Thing is, Letters, it's already clearly established who are the deadweights that need offloading. You correctly listed a few here.

As someone previously stated, how the heck we supposed to get these 3/4 'quality' replacements AND the 2/3 world class players for:

1: 70 million or whatever the real amount.

2: get players from under the radar of clubs who could easily either outbid or almost certainly offer the first team week in ,week out playing time these 'quality' players would demand within a squad which already has a good deal of quality within it. And anyway, who's to say these quality players are guaranteed to work out!

The drastic overhaul you refer to just isn't possible in short period of time you obviously intimate. Lets be realistic here, lets not let the frustration suffered over the last 6 years or so blind us to the realities we find ourselves in.

Cripps_orig
25-06-2013, 11:27 PM
Carlo Ancelotti's arrival at Real Madrid as manager means the club will sanction 25-year-old striker Gonzalo Higuain's move to Arsenal or Juventus soon.
Full story: Independent

Paris St-Germain could still appoint Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger next summer despite bringing in Laurent Blanc as their new manager.
Full story: Daily Mirror

What if Ancelotti wants to keep him?

Hope so

Niall_Quinn
26-06-2013, 12:34 AM
What if Ancelotti wants to keep him?

Hope so

Honestly though - fuck off.

Higuain would be the first statement of intent we've seen in years so why the fuck would you want to scupper that deal? Added to that he's a seriously good player going at (by the ridiculous standards rigged by city and the chavs) a good price. Why are you not 100% for this deal?

Cripps_orig
26-06-2013, 05:02 AM

Higuain would be the first statement of intent we've seen in years so why the fuck would you want to scupper that deal? Added to that he's a seriously good player going at (by the ridiculous standards rigged by city and the chavs) a good price. Why are you not 100% for this deal?
The "Hope so" was for PSG taking Wenger next season

Globalgunner
26-06-2013, 05:17 AM

Are you sure?. You're not trying to protect Walcott's status as our bestest ever player are you?.

Syn
26-06-2013, 08:42 AM
Rainman. That was a good film.

Joker
26-06-2013, 08:50 AM

I think everyone on this board are agreed that Higuain would be a great signing. However, there's always the worry that the board will drag their heels, try to penny pinch and end up wasting too much time and losing the deal in the process.

LDG

GP
Tom Cruise

Joker
26-06-2013, 09:02 AM
If you disagree with anyone's opinions, fair enough, but could you guys please stop trying to hijack the thread with off topic film related posts? If a Wenger-sceptic had done something like this he'd be banned from thread in no time.

Letters
26-06-2013, 09:06 AM
Invision never crashed. Yeah...

(off topic posts here and there are fine tbh, it's more WUMming/point scoring/abuse which will see you banned from a thread...and I think we're all Wenger-sceptics these days)

LDG
26-06-2013, 09:07 AM
If you disagree with anyone's opinions, fair enough, but could you guys please stop trying to hijack the thread with off topic film related posts? If a Wenger-sceptic had done something like this he'd be banned from thread in no time.

Sorry. I should have quoted Syn, who's post my LOL was directed at.

Joker
26-06-2013, 09:19 AM
Sorry. I should have quoted Syn, who's post my LOL was directed at.

Tbh my post wasn't directed at you.

Niall_Quinn
26-06-2013, 10:00 AM

Ooops!

Oh well, fuck off for the other thing then.

Niall_Quinn
26-06-2013, 10:01 AM
Rainman. That was a good film.

Apart from that spack bloke who was in it, he ruined it. Probably some equal opportunities bullshit that got him the part. It's political correctness gone mad.

Ollie the Optimist
26-06-2013, 10:02 AM
Ooops!

Oh well, fuck off for the other thing then.

GP
26-06-2013, 11:28 AM
Dustin Hoffman.

Asthmatic Kitty
26-06-2013, 03:26 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8793879/Real-Madrid-striker-Gonzalo-Higuain-close-to-Arsenal-switch-says-agent

Niall_Quinn
26-06-2013, 03:39 PM
Sounds like the kind of bullshit an agent would put out to play clubs off against each other. A serious business transaction run by professionals instead of these clown agents would be leaking all over the place every 5 minutes.

Munchies
27-06-2013, 08:23 AM
Real Madrid to offer €60m + Coentrao & (Arsenal target) Higuain to Spurs for Gareth Bale

lol, worst one of these I've seen.

Lord Nelson
27-06-2013, 08:59 AM
Real Madrid to offer €60m + Coentrao & (Arsenal target) Higuain to Spurs for Gareth Bale

Regardless of the above, how many times have we seen this where a player is destined to sign for us and then goes somewhere else!

ALL THIS BS THAT WE ARE ABOUT TO SPEND BIG IS NONSENSE!

And as for getting Rooney!! Do me favour! Why would he come to us??

GP
27-06-2013, 09:03 AM

Utter nonsense

PGFC
27-06-2013, 09:11 AM
Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner is on his way to Bundesliga side Frankfurt, says Danish paper Ekstrabladet.

:woohoo:

Niall_Quinn
27-06-2013, 09:26 AM

Biggest deal we've done in years, chuffed with this. Didn't think we could pull off such a coup. Best not go to Germany for a while then, we won't be liked much over there when they twig.

Seymour Butts
27-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Has anyone seen "Big Tones" interview with teamtalk.com? :haha:

Going on about he doesnt think Higuain is the right player for us and that he is a Real Madrid cast off and we should be aiming for better quality. He then goes on to say we need 2 full backs, a keeper and a CB blah blah...................Its honestly embarassing everytime he opens his mouth these days! Great player and Arsenal Legend but the man is a Buffoon - I wouldnt mind if he had a glittering managerial career......hes be pants everywhere hes been!!

McNamara That Ghost...
27-06-2013, 09:35 AM
Arshavin has joined Zenit. :scarf:

LDG
27-06-2013, 09:47 AM

Awww. Such a shame it never really worked out with him.

Good luck Andrei! :wave:

Ollie the Optimist
27-06-2013, 09:51 AM

He could have been so,etching special for us, but he did at least give us some great memories. Ones that really stick out. I don't think I will forget Barcelona.

It's Nasri, looks for ARSAHVINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNMNNN :patrice:

JonasTC
27-06-2013, 09:52 AM

They just reported today, that frankfurt is getting pissed about not hearing from Bendtner, he hasnt visited the club or anything, ever since everything was agreed like 3-4 weeks ago - Rumours are that he's trying to negotiate getting alot of money from Arsenal, since he will probably be taking a big pay cut going to Frankfurt :banghead:

Niall_Quinn
27-06-2013, 09:52 AM

Frees up another £70mill in lunch voucher money.

Niall_Quinn
27-06-2013, 09:53 AM
They just reported today, that frankfurt is getting pissed about not hearing from Bendtner, he hasnt visited the club or anything, ever since everything was agreed like 3-4 weeks ago - Rumours are that he's trying to negotiate getting alot of money from Arsenal, since he will probably be taking a big pay cut going to Frankfurt :banghead:

They'll be a lot more pissed when he turns up.

Power n Glory
27-06-2013, 10:44 AM
It's cheeky that the clubs that have taken these players on loan have now taken them for free. We really must avoid doing loan deals in the future unless it's to help develop our young players.

Marc Overmars
27-06-2013, 11:27 AM
Real Madrid sign Isco.

City. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
27-06-2013, 11:32 AM
Never a contest really.

Munchies
27-06-2013, 11:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0xnlbMoZGo

Arshavin you fat fuck :haha:

Bye

GP
27-06-2013, 11:42 AM
Shame he was so lazy.

He was given every chance to succeed here, well paid, played in his favoured position, but just didn't have the stones for it.

selassie
27-06-2013, 12:42 PM

http://www.noveltygifts.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/meerkat-300x256.jpg

Japan Shaking All Over
27-06-2013, 02:16 PM
@AA good luck :wave:

@NB do a job mate, you either want to work or you don't :slinghook;

Cripps_orig
27-06-2013, 03:12 PM
Good luck to Arshavin.

Did the best he could under poor circumstances.

Niall_Quinn
27-06-2013, 03:15 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4985664/Carlos-Tevez-triggers-Arsenal-merry-Go-round-for-Gonzalo-Higuain.html

The video is worth a watch as a great example of just how poor and uninformed journalism can be. Where do they find people dumb enough for the media?

GP
27-06-2013, 03:28 PM
Sun readers. Says it all.

Niall_Quinn
27-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Newspaper readers, tbf. Nothing but absolute shit in all of them.

Cripps_orig
27-06-2013, 04:38 PM
Serena v Muzza in Las Vegas

Serena admits she'll be slaughtered

Ollie the Optimist
27-06-2013, 04:40 PM

What the fuck are you talking about?

PGFC
27-06-2013, 04:41 PM

Does this come under the 'and Shit' heading?

Cripps cross-threading :pal:

Ollie the Optimist
27-06-2013, 04:42 PM
Good luck to Arshavin.

Did the best he could under poor circumstances.

Yeah it so hard for him, I mean he was paid 95k a week to kick a football for 90minutes a week. I don't know how he coped

Cripps_orig
27-06-2013, 04:42 PM

Tennis

You really aren't the brightest are you?

GP
27-06-2013, 04:43 PM

Cripps_orig
Yeah it so hard for him, I mean he was paid 95k a week to kick a football for 90minutes a week. I don't know how he coped

I rest my case

Ollie the Optimist
Tennis

You really aren't the brightest are you?

You read the sun, you have no right to talk about others intelligence levels

Cripps_orig
27-06-2013, 04:45 PM
You read the sun, you have no right to talk about others intelligence levels

Pretty much

Cripps_orig
27-06-2013, 05:04 PM
Arsenal have put together a package to lure Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney, 27, to the Emirates. The club's hierarchy believe a signing such as Rooney will help persuade manager Arsene Wenger to sign a contract extension.
Full story: Daily Star

Hope we don't get Rooney.

Özil's Panoramic View
27-06-2013, 05:56 PM
Gonzalo Higuain "close to Arsenal" as striker's brother denies link to Napoli and Juventus

Full story here:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfer-news-gonzalo-higuain-1999006?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
27-06-2013, 06:05 PM
old news

AKBapologist
27-06-2013, 06:09 PM
Pray for Higuain

fakeyank
27-06-2013, 06:09 PM
They'll be a lot more pissed when he turns up.

:haha: :haha:

fakeyank
27-06-2013, 06:11 PM
@AA good luck :wave:

@NB do a job mate, you either want to work or you don't :slinghook;

Dennis Bendtner wants to partay with Snoop Lion and 31 pence!