PDA

View Full Version : Summer Transfer Speculation and Shit

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43]

JonasTC
11-10-2013, 11:27 AM
Wouldn't be a bad loan move to get us through to the summer, I guess? How come he's not getting a look in at Juventus?

Alot of things happend to him i think, last season, the manager refused to play him as a starter since he was gonna leave in a year, so he had 22 late subsitutes and that could kill alot of players. Another problem is that Juventus plays a system that doesnt fit him, so first of all he has to get back into match shape and after that he have to get used to a system that doesnt really uses him to his best abilities.

I think it would be a good move, because i think he would fit perfectly in our system and i think Wenger is a guy that can get the best out of him.

Marc Overmars
11-10-2013, 11:57 AM
Llorente certainly fits the mould of what Wenget likes in a striker.

Sign him up.

I am invisible
11-10-2013, 01:05 PM
Alot of things happend to him i think, last season, the manager refused to play him as a starter since he was gonna leave in a year, so he had 22 late subsitutes and that could kill alot of players. Another problem is that Juventus plays a system that doesnt fit him, so first of all he has to get back into match shape and after that he have to get used to a system that doesnt really uses him to his best abilities.

I think it would be a good move, because i think he would fit perfectly in our system and i think Wenger is a guy that can get the best out of him.

If we were talking about a permanent signing here then I'd probably be a little underwhelmed, but as an emergency loan move in January, then yeah, I can't really think of (m)any better options we could get...

The Ogg Monster
12-10-2013, 09:44 AM
Cannibal? He hasn't eaten anyone.

Well he's bloody well tried.

Twice.

GP
12-10-2013, 09:53 AM
Nah

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
13-10-2013, 01:09 AM
Not sure how Llorente's been getting on in Italy. Don't think he's done too well.

Was superb in Spain though. Would he be a Morientes if he came here?

Typical Wenger signing though. A player that has good raw talent but dwindled at another club. Time for Wenger to step in and help him make a resurgence like most of the invincibles.

mastermind84
13-10-2013, 01:46 AM
Superb is stretching it. Really he had one great season, but was inconsistent and mediocre the rest of the time.

Not sure he is as good as Giroud.

Id like a quick option instead of a guy similar to Giroud.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
14-10-2013, 01:10 PM
We've been offered Benzema for £20m apparently

This Bale injury is doing us well. Madrid have no star player to parade during the 1st half of the season, their fans get more frustrated as the season carries on, they sell Benzema to fund Suarez in January and keep everyone happy, we benefit.

So Spurs sold Bale and basically gave us Ozil and potentially Benzema :haha:

Levy :bow:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
14-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Some quotes from Wengers interview today:

'Now we are in a more comfortable financial position, I - more than anyone - want the great players to play for Arsenal Football Club. If we have to spend the money to do that, I will spend the money.'

'No, the policy is exactly the same - I always want to bring the best players in here, world-class players, at the best possible price. And I want to continue to educate 60 to 80 per cent of the squad ourselves. The culture of the Club, the way we want to play football and the way we want to behave, comes from within. The Wilsheres, the Ramseys, the Gibbs - these kind of players have to be the culture of the Club. Then on top of that we want to bring world-class players who will help us to be even stronger.'

Reporter: But could fans expect to see one or two of these big-name signings following each season now?
Wenger: If they are needed, then yes. If it’s just for marketing reasons, then no. But for football reasons, why not.

I'm praying he doesn't piss us around again and is serious on building on the Ozil signing.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
14-10-2013, 02:45 PM
If we were talking about a permanent signing here then I'd probably be a little underwhelmed, but as an emergency loan move in January, then yeah, I can't really think of (m)any better options we could get...

To be honest I don't really expect another hollywood A-list signing in January so if Llorente came in in January I would be pleasantly surprised. I'm not overly keen on watching Bendtner too many times or the painfully slow progression of Sanogo.

It also comes down to price. If we spent a large sum on Llorente I'd be surprised and a little underwhelmed but if it was for a relatively low fee I'd feel good about it.....although I'm not sure why the fee would be particularly low.

mastermind84
14-10-2013, 02:48 PM
Benzema's a fraud player

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
14-10-2013, 03:29 PM
Benzema's a fraud player

Nearly a 1 in 2 goal ratio for Madrid. What's fraud about him?

I am invisible
14-10-2013, 03:38 PM
To be honest I don't really expect another hollywood A-list signing in January so if Llorente came in in January I would be pleasantly surprised. I'm not overly keen on watching Bendtner too many times or the painfully slow progression of Sanogo.

It also comes down to price. If we spent a large sum on Llorente I'd be surprised and a little underwhelmed but if it was for a relatively low fee I'd feel good about it.....although I'm not sure why the fee would be particularly low.

Yeah, can't see Juventus accepting a low fee - he's only just signed for them? Although, that being said, they did get him on a free, so I suppose any kind of fee would represent pure profit for them? Just a question of how much they want.

I still think we should be aiming higher, if we're looking for a permanent option though - at the very least we should be looking for someone younger, if we're going to be spending big-money.

Munchies
14-10-2013, 03:45 PM
Rather get Suarez mainly, if not then Lewandowski, and if not then Benzema.

Think Dortmund would sell to us rather than Bayern if we offered the monies.

I am invisible
14-10-2013, 03:53 PM

He's always seemed like the French Wayne Rooney to me - capable of inspired periods of form, but also prone to slumps and dips in confidence that can take him a while to shake. Maybe all he needs is a more stable, slightly less competitive environment though, where he feels a little more wanted and that he's actually been brought in with a plan in mind (rather than being just another big-name player who's been signed for the sake of it)?

I am invisible
14-10-2013, 03:59 PM
Rather get Suarez mainly, if not then Lewandowski, and if not then Benzema.

Think Dortmund would sell to us rather than Bayern if we offered the monies.

Lewandowski would be ideal, but I still think he's Bayern-bound - I know what he's said recently about being interested in the PL, but if you ask me that sounds like him and his agent trying to get Bayern worried, so they can squeeze every penny they can out of them when they come to negotiate in January...

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
14-10-2013, 05:00 PM
He's always seemed like the French Wayne Rooney to me - capable of inspired periods of form, but also prone to slumps and dips in confidence that can take him a while to shake. Maybe all he needs is a more stable, slightly less competitive environment though, where he feels a little more wanted and that he's actually been brought in with a plan in mind (rather than being just another big-name player who's been signed for the sake of it)?

I think he's a top player and as we need top strikers, he would fit the bill almost perfectly.

Also, people shouldn't underestimate the Ozil effect; players will see that he has come here, flourished and is being loved week in week out, so will want the same. The Benzema-Rooney comparison is actually a pretty good one. When has Rooney's best form always been? When he was loved at Man Utd. I think Benzema would find the affection he wants here so would be a brilliant player for us.

Globalgunner
14-10-2013, 06:19 PM
I think he's a top player and as we need top strikers, he would fit the bill almost perfectly.

Also, people shouldn't underestimate the Ozil effect; players will see that he has come here, flourished and is being loved week in week out, so will want the same. The Benzema-Rooney comparison is actually a pretty good one. When has Rooney's best form always been? When he was loved at Man Utd. I think Benzema would find the affection he wants here so would be a brilliant player for us.

I don't think 2 French players vying for essentially the same position in a WC year would work. We don't play 2 strikers anymore, so only grief could come from signing Benzema. Pity though, he would be awesome for us and if we don't, the Potatoes down the lane will have their mits all over him.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
14-10-2013, 06:30 PM
If Benzema agreed to come then I can't see what the issue would be. Giroud himself implored the club to sign players in the summer when our number 1 target was a forward. Furthermore he said he would welcome Suarez here too, who is comfortably better than himself and probably Benzema too.

If you want to win things in the game today, you've got to have good players on your bench. It is a by-product of a squad that is actually strong enough.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
14-10-2013, 06:40 PM
Wenger on German players....

At the moment Germany produces top-quality players. Look at their national team, it’s a bit like Spain was two or three years ago. Suddenly they have Gotze, Draxler, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Ozil, Podolski. They have two or three players in every position.

I get the feeling the Wenger really fancies Draxler. It is probably reading too much into it, but he could have named Reus above but didn't, but he did name Draxler which I think is interesting as he has only really started to emerge and still has a lot to prove.

I think it is more an admission of his regard for Draxler rather than a snub to Reus to be clear. I'm sure he thinks Reus is a good player too!

GP
14-10-2013, 06:45 PM
http://whalethen.com/files/share%20thumbs/51af8f7040066.png

Xhaka Can’t
14-10-2013, 07:04 PM
Now that I know we are willing to splash the type of cash that could land the likes of Suarez, I don't want him. If we're going to part with that kind of money, talented though he is, we don't need all the shit that comes along with him.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
14-10-2013, 09:02 PM
I don't think 2 French players vying for essentially the same position in a WC year would work. We don't play 2 strikers anymore, so only grief could come from signing Benzema. Pity though, he would be awesome for us and if we don't, the Potatoes down the lane will have their mits all over him.

That's a brilliant point.

GP
14-10-2013, 09:38 PM
Spurs couldn't afford Benzema.

mastermind84
14-10-2013, 09:51 PM
watch him play

goes through goal patches before he falls off. He also doesnt like to stay in the penalty area to finish off chances too.

Madrid fans turned on him too.

Maybe Wenger can rescue his career, idk.

If Giroud continues his form, there is a good chance he starts over Benzema next summer.

Munchies
15-10-2013, 08:16 AM
Vermaelen could seek move
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8973004/arsenal-defender-thomas-vermaelen-may-consider-move-to-boost-belgium-world-cup-hopes

I'll have to think about that when it's necessary. January is still a few months ahead. Of course, never playing will not be the ideal situation for me to go to the World Cup, that's for sure," Vermaelen told the Daily Mail.

"People ask me if I panic because I'm not playing a lot but I'm not.

"I have spoken to the manager but it will remain private between us. Things can happen in a split second and change my situation. That can happen tomorrow or next weekend.

"In that case, we will speak differently in January. I have to be ready for that."

:wave:

McNamara That Ghost...
15-10-2013, 08:21 AM
Arsenal in crisis!

I am invisible
15-10-2013, 08:41 AM

Yeah, we need to be making as much noise as we can about how much Özil is loving life at Arsenal - might get a few top-class players thinking twice about us, who might have just dismissed us before...

I am invisible
15-10-2013, 08:43 AM
Wenger on German players....

At the moment Germany produces top-quality players. Look at their national team, it’s a bit like Spain was two or three years ago. Suddenly they have Gotze, Draxler, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Ozil, Podolski. They have two or three players in every position.

I get the feeling the Wenger really fancies Draxler. It is probably reading too much into it, but he could have named Reus above but didn't, but he did name Draxler which I think is interesting as he has only really started to emerge and still has a lot to prove.

I think it is more an admission of his regard for Draxler rather than a snub to Reus to be clear. I'm sure he thinks Reus is a good player too!

I think he's after him in a big way, but we might have to wait until next summer until we see anything happen there...

Zerlathon
15-10-2013, 09:04 AM
Wenger's comments regarding Germany are spot on, I would put money on them over Spain winning the WC at the moment.

With regards to Benzema and Lewandowski, I would prefer Lewandowski (although neither can be really considered a bad choice):

* His form is a little more consistent than Benzema's
* The Bundesliga is the closest thing to the EPL in terms of intensity (so would not have to take long to "adjust" to the pace)
* Should settle in quickly due to our German & Polish contingent

However the most important point is...

* It would be a massive middle finger to Manchester United

At the end of the day though, having either Player would continue to show that we really do mean business, and will help attract Players for seasons to come.

I am invisible
15-10-2013, 09:14 AM
I think most gooners would go for Lewandowski, if there was an equal chance of getting either player (or Suarez or Benteke or anyone else we've been linked with) - I certainly would...

The Ogg Monster
15-10-2013, 09:44 AM
With podolski walcott and sanogo coming back we wont be getting a striker. Plus its January.

Marc Overmars
15-10-2013, 09:56 AM
Vermaelen could seek move
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8973004/arsenal-defender-thomas-vermaelen-may-consider-move-to-boost-belgium-world-cup-hopes

Sorry Verm, firmly 3rd choice now.

Munchies
15-10-2013, 09:58 AM
Pretty much yeah, and rather than go out and moan about it, how about he fights for his place ?

He's been a sicknote for ages, now he's back, atleast try to get your spot back.

Don't really care too much though, we can sign another replacement. But I'd rather get a replacement in and another defender. Ideally need 2 defenders coming in, if Sagan ends up leaving.

BOBN
15-10-2013, 10:15 AM
Wenger's comments regarding Germany are spot on, I would put money on them over Spain winning the WC at the moment.
:sleep:

Weve been saying that since 2006. Theyve been "up and coming" longer than us.

Longest run as youngsters since Pan.

Save your money pal, theyre gonna fraud.

Btw Benzema is shyt. Looked promising when he started but that was then. £10m player max.

Marc Overmars
15-10-2013, 10:36 AM
To be fair that hype has usually been for the guys like Lahm, Podolski, Merts, Klose, Schweinsteiger etc. That generation.

Now there's a new wave of guys for whom it will be their first World Cup, and you also have players like Özil, Kroos and Muller who have just improved year after year since 2010.

Think Brazil will win it mind.

Özim
15-10-2013, 10:54 AM
Pretty much yeah, and rather than go out and moan about it, how about he fights for his place ?

He's been a sicknote for ages, now he's back, atleast try to get your spot back.

Don't really care too much though, we can sign another replacement. But I'd rather get a replacement in and another defender. Ideally need 2 defenders coming in, if Sagan ends up leaving.

But 1st he needs to learn to defend.

Özim
15-10-2013, 10:55 AM
:sleep:

Weve been saying that since 2006. Theyve been "up and coming" longer than us.

Longest run as youngsters since Pan.

Save your money pal, theyre gonna fraud.

Btw Benzema is shyt. Looked promising when he started but that was then. £10m player max.

To be fair they have the talent, sadly they picked some unknown to give the manager's job to and it hasn't worked out, he's failed to deliver anything....personally think they'd do better if they got rid of him and brought in someone better.

France did something similar with Domenech, they just wouldn't get rid of him.

Özim
15-10-2013, 10:58 AM
To be fair that hype has usually been for the guys like Lahm, Podolski, Merts, Klose, Schweinsteiger etc. That generation.

Now there's a new wave of guys for whom it will be their first World Cup, and you also have players like Özil, Kroos and Muller who have just improved year after year since 2010.

Think Brazil will win it mind.

Brazil at home look formidable, the support of the crowd will make a huge difference so I think they have a very good chance of winning if they get off to a good start.

Dr Singh
15-10-2013, 06:15 PM
It's certainly all an interesting debate.

Invisible's point about Lewandowski having that interview to make Bayern sweat is certainly probable. Having said that we are top of the league, rich, have Ozil and Dortmund would rather he came here. If anyone can persuade him I reckon Chesney and Poldi are particularly passionate and vocal about their love of Arsenal.

Signing someone like Llorente or Hernandez would improve our squad but not our first XI. Benzema or Benteke would offer tremendous competition to Giroud, whereas Lewandowski or Suarez would outright improve our team considerably and probably make us title winners.

As far as Spanish strikers go, Wenger has been particularly vocal about that Athletico lad.

I am invisible
16-10-2013, 08:14 AM
I'd still be surprised if Lewandowski ended up anywhere other than Bayern, but I'm all for putting in a cheeky bid anyway - why the hell not? As long as we do it early, so we leave enough time to move on to other targets, if it turns out he's just playing games...

Munchies
20-10-2013, 02:27 PM
If you go back into this thread over the summer, you'll see posts where I / others thought Wenger should have got Fellaini for £22.5m

:doh:

Flamini is such a vital player for us really, as soon as he went off, thats when Norwich started getting possession.

GP
20-10-2013, 02:45 PM
If you go back into this thread over the summer, you'll see posts where I / others thought Wenger should have got Fellaini for £22.5m

:pal:

Penguin
20-10-2013, 04:58 PM

Flamini is such a vital player for us really, as soon as he went off, thats when Norwich started getting possession.

You weren't the only one tbf :lol:

Munchies
20-10-2013, 06:54 PM
Chesney tapping up Lewandowski ?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/p480x480/1391495_241392046015526_1354868415_n.jpg

'Słuchaj Robert Lewandowski żarty się skończyły! London calling:)'

https://www.facebook.com/wojciechszczesny1.official

Penguin
20-10-2013, 07:37 PM
"Listen to Robert Lewandowski jokes are over! London calling"

Chesney :bow:

Ollie the Optimist
20-10-2013, 11:00 PM
if we got him, there is no stopping us

Xhaka Can’t
21-10-2013, 07:02 AM
if we got him, there is no stopping us

We'd be having a good time.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-10-2013, 08:20 AM
I think it's because we play Dortmund tomorrow, call me a cynic if you must.

I am invisible
21-10-2013, 08:22 AM
It does set an interesting new standard for subtle yet blatant tap-ups though. Is he talking about moving to Arsenal? Is he talking about the CL match? Who knows. Good luck proving the former though, UEFA...

BOBN
21-10-2013, 02:22 PM
Still not convinced this isnt just a purple patch for Lewandowski. He doesnt strike me as anything extra special really.

If he destroys us tommorrow that would help convince me mind.

GP
21-10-2013, 02:53 PM
Still not convinced this isnt just a purple patch for Lewandowski. He doesnt strike me as anything extra special really.

If he destroys us tommorrow that would help convince me mind.

Who would you rather get?

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
21-10-2013, 03:03 PM
He did destroy Real who our own team were not even a shade on at the time..... Real might have even had our current golden boy playing for them at the time too, ironically.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-10-2013, 03:09 PM
I think the main problem with him he is apparently a total arsehole as a teammate. I don't really want us to mess about with Giroud's role as the main striker currently and no way will Lewandowski be happy with bench time. :lol:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
21-10-2013, 03:25 PM
I like Giroud but if we are going to get a forward, then why not get the best we can? There are few first team places we can significantly improve on in the first team and as good as the beautiful one is, he can be improved on. If Giroud happens to outplay whoever we bring in, then fine, great even, he can keep the place.

But I don't like the idea we go for someone deliberately second rate or far from ready at this level, ie Sanogo just so we feel like we have cover for Giroud.

If we were more than willing to sign a little prick like Suarez then Lewandowski is a saint in comparison.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-10-2013, 03:28 PM
I think the main problem with him he is apparently a total arsehole as a teammate.

Where have you heard this?

LDG
21-10-2013, 03:56 PM
I like Giroud but if we are going to get a forward, then why not get the best we can? There are few first team places we can significantly improve on in the first team and as good as the beautiful one is, he can be improved on. If Giroud happens to outplay whoever we bring in, then fine, great even, he can keep the place.

But I don't like the idea we go for someone deliberately second rate or far from ready at this level, ie Sanogo just so we feel like we have cover for Giroud.

If we were more than willing to sign a little prick like Suarez then Lewandowski is a saint in comparison.

Watching Giroud of late, for overall teamplay, there ain't a great deal we can improve on. Seriously.

We need quality back-up for sure, but Giroud has done enough and shown enough to warrant being first choice.

Along with a number of other players, he's been integral to the way we've this season.

Like the rest of the team though. We need to see him, and them, against some of the top teams to be able to fully judge.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-10-2013, 03:56 PM
Where have you heard this?

One of the Polish based posters on Redcafe I think it was, Sarni. Could be pure conjecture but I get the impression it isn', in any case, I'm still fairly sure he'll be going to Bayern Munich.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-10-2013, 03:59 PM

Well simply I don't think there is currently anyone better at linking the play in the way Giroud does out of any current striker; those other strikers might be more likely to score multiple goals consistently but I also think there's a good chance we'd lose the effectiveness of utilising our midfield, which is clearly our stength. It's not so simple as better striker = better team. Suarez is an on the pitch dickhead but as far as I know, off the pitch he is mostly ok.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
21-10-2013, 04:12 PM
We are saying these things about Giroud (in regards to his link up play) now but we did not necessarily say it about him last season or before he signed for us in spite of the fact it is a feature of his game. At least, we did not talk about how this particular skill set meant that we could not afford to play without him or that his position was beyond improvement. I don't advocate bringing in a better player simply for the sake of said player being better in isolation and to the detriment of the overall team. That would clearly be counter productive.

Our midfielders compliment Giroud's qualities but good players compliment good players. There are other forwards in the world who would link up particularly well with Ramsey, Ozil, Wilshere and Cazorla because they are all fantastic players. Even Chamah's link up play before he signed for us and when he first played for us was exceptional and indeed the main reason he found himself at this club, amazingly.

Moreover, whichever way you look at it, we need a centre forward. I don't know anyone who actually disagrees with that. I happen to just think the forward we bring in should be an exceptional player......regardless of whether it mean he replaces Giroud, plays with him or comes in for him when he is injured.

He may be as quiet and as docile as a mouse in the dressing room but that is really only 1 of many environments in which a player can cause trouble.

Suarez is trying to get out of the club that stood by him even when he was in the wrong on more than one occasion and played a huge part in getting Liverpool's legendary Dalglish the sack. I wouldn't exactly call that a shining example off the pitch.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-10-2013, 04:31 PM
If that is the case that'd be because our midfield is much stronger now than it was last season with Ramsey going mental and having signed Özil. I don't think it's fair to bring up what may or might not be said by somebody else from last season, what's important is what might be true now. Most would have thought Ramsey leaving over the summer, though he played pretty well would not be the blow it certainly would be now, ie, things change.

I don't neccesarily think we need a 'centre forward', which I assume is based on the traditional English idea of what having a striker is (and what Wenger tends to go for)! Unless we lose players soon, like perhaps Rosicky then such is the way we play, I don't think we need to be stockpiling 'centre forwards', that's not to say Rosicky is one of those players but he is one of the first players that comes off the bench, because as I said before, using our midfield and different midfield players during games is what's more likely to change it for us then throwing forwards on like we did for instance against Man Utd in the FA Cup game in 2004, when we ended the game with no threat whatsoever.

Who mentioned shining examples? I'm saying that yes Suarez has done some very stupid and hurtful things towards the club he plays for but in terms of playing, it's not as though his attitude will affect other players unduly in the same way as we supposedly did with Adebayor/Nasri/Kolo/Gallas. Anyway, that ship has sailed I think, much as I wanted him to join over the course of this thread.

Syn
21-10-2013, 04:37 PM
Agree with Maccy and LDG. Giroud is undeniably top class with his first-touch play when linking up with the midfield. There is not much difference between him and anyone else at that. He might not at the technical level of a Bergkamp generally but he's just top notch at creative play around the box. It's just something that he happens to get spot on time and time again. And that's huge for the way Wenger's trying to set us up.

http://www.gifti.me/i/EphWy7IoZ.gif

But in the big games where you're looking to convert this sort of chance, where you need the first touch to be spot on - only the top class strikers (in the league I'm thinking Van Persie, Suarez, Aguero) are likely to take them. In games where the midfield isn't allowed to waltz up to the edge of the area and you're looking for more clinical finishing, he's not your man to turn 1 point into 3. A Van Persie does that creative stuff and has a much higher strike rate in converting chances like that. But I can't think of another striker of Van Persie's style and quality at the moment.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't buy a striker. If Giroud gets injured, we're screwed at the moment. Wenger knew that as well and was all over the shop. Higuain, Suarez, Ba - all very different type of players. I'm guessing now that Giroud is stepping up and fans don't want to kill Wenger, he'll be more clear about what type of striker he wants. Reckon we'll get one in January - but maybe just a stop gap cover, unless Bendtner proves he can hack it for a few games.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
21-10-2013, 07:17 PM
If that is the case that'd be because our midfield is much stronger now than it was last season with Ramsey going mental and having signed Özil. I don't think it's fair to bring up what may or might not be said by somebody else from last season, what's important is what might be true now. Most would have thought Ramsey leaving over the summer, though he played pretty well would not be the blow it certainly would be now, ie, things change.

I don't neccesarily think we need a 'centre forward', which I assume is based on the traditional English idea of what having a striker is (and what Wenger tends to go for)! Unless we lose players soon, like perhaps Rosicky then such is the way we play, I don't think we need to be stockpiling 'centre forwards', that's not to say Rosicky is one of those players but he is one of the first players that comes off the bench, because as I said before, using our midfield and different midfield players during games is what's more likely to change it for us then throwing forwards on like we did for instance against Man Utd in the FA Cup game in 2004, when we ended the game with no threat whatsoever.

Who mentioned shining examples? I'm saying that yes Suarez has done some very stupid and hurtful things towards the club he plays for but in terms of playing, it's not as though his attitude will affect other players unduly in the same way as we supposedly did with Adebayor/Nasri/Kolo/Gallas. Anyway, that ship has sailed I think, much as I wanted him to join over the course of this thread.

Giroud is benefiting from playing with some very good players, as any other striker would be right now. Whether or not another player's contribution would outweigh Giroud's can only be proven by actually seeing another player play there. That will never be witnesses unless we actually buy a player, or promote Sanogo.....that is when ever he is fit again.

As far as I can understood, you have not out rightly disagreed with the fact that we need another forward? Whether you call him a centre forward, a forward, striker, attacking player, ghost 9, the bottom line to me is that we need better options to play the central position in attack in a 433 because that is ultimately the formation the manager plays. Yes the formation is fluid, yes the players are fluid but there is a reason Wenger is unwilling to play Theo in that position, in spite of his qualities and there is nobody I am really happy to see there other than Giroud. That is not a position a club like Arsenal should be in IMHO neither is it tantamount to winning the title...again, in my view. Giroud cannot be expected to play 60 games at the level he has. Is it really healthy that there is nobody seriously to contest his position? It's not like signing a quality forward means we will now have a stock pile of quality forwards who can play in the middle that we won't know what to do with....... like City had at one point with Tevez, Aguero, Balotelli and Djeko.

The 'centre forward' is not based on a traditional idea of an English centre forward unless we are over simplifying. The idea of a traditional CF was formulated in a gone by era when the 433 was far from common place in Europe, never mind England. RvP is no traditional centre forward but if there was another like him around, I would be delighted to sign him and yes, even in place of Giroud, because he has the tools to play the position well.

Suarez is trouble both on and off the pitch. I accept he may not be directly and adversely affecting his team mates morale in the dressing room and in training which is why I mentioned that in the post before.....however, everything else that comes with him indirectly affects too many things negatively. On a pure level of integrity I have some serious issues with many of the things he has been caught doing and I don't want our club to sign such a player. I'm fine if other gooners disagree with that standpoint as it is my own personal view on the matter and to be honest I've even bored myself speaking and hearing about Suarez. I too, am confident, that ship has sailed and I'm pretty glad it has. He and his agent mugging us off once, was once too many.

Out of interest, do you think the squad needs strengthening at all?.....and if so in what positions and which players might be a good fit?

Shaqiri Is Boss
21-10-2013, 07:28 PM
I think we all hope the Suarez ship has sailed. I certainly couldn't go through another transfer window of it.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Giroud is benefiting from playing with some very good players, as any other striker would be right now. Whether or not another player's contribution would outweigh Giroud's can only be proven by actually seeing another player play there. That will never be witnesses unless we actually buy a player, or promote Sanogo.....that is when ever he is fit again.

As far as I can understood, you have not out rightly disagreed with the fact that we need another forward? Whether you call him a centre forward, a forward, striker, attacking player, ghost 9, the bottom line to me is that we need better options to play the central position in attack in a 433 because that is ultimately the formation the manager plays. Yes the formation is fluid, yes the players are fluid but there is a reason Wenger is unwilling to play Theo in that position, in spite of his qualities and there is nobody I am really happy to see there other than Giroud. That is not a position a club like Arsenal should be in IMHO neither is it tantamount to winning the title...again, in my view. Giroud cannot be expected to play 60 games at the level he has. Is it really healthy that there is nobody seriously to contest his position? It's not like signing a quality forward means we will now have a stock pile of quality forwards who can play in the middle that we won't know what to do with....... like City had at one point with Tevez, Aguero, Balotelli and Djeko.

The 'centre forward' is not based on a traditional idea of an English centre forward unless we are over simplifying. The idea of a traditional CF was formulated in a gone by era when the 433 was far from common place in Europe, never mind England. RvP is no traditional centre forward but if there was another like him around, I would be delighted to sign him and yes, even in place of Giroud, because he has the tools to play the position well.

Suarez is trouble both on and off the pitch. I accept he may not be directly and adversely affecting his team mates morale in the dressing room and in training which is why I mentioned that in the post before.....however, everything else that comes with him indirectly affects too many things negatively. On a pure level of integrity I have some serious issues with many of the things he has been caught doing and I don't want our club to sign such a player. I'm fine if other gooners disagree with that standpoint as it is my own personal view on the matter and to be honest I've even bored myself speaking and hearing about Suarez. I too, am confident, that ship has sailed and I'm pretty glad it has. He and his agent mugging us off once, was once too many.

Out of interest, do you think the squad needs strengthening at all?.....and if so in what positions and which players might be a good fit?

I wanted Suarez for instance because I could easily see how he and Giroud could play at the same time and I suppose Higuain before that. It would be seen as us having bought a 'centre forward' in some parts of the media but really it wouldn't be, they're both very comfortable pulling out wide and running at defenders for instance.

As for someone that would directly be in Giroud's position I don't have much of an issue with us signing someone as a competent back-up to him but anything more that and I think though it will sway a lot in to thinking, wow unbelievable squad, usually too many quality strikers with so little chances to play them usually doesn't last too long. You see someone like Mandzukic for Bayern Munich and though he is good, he isn't exactly brimming with anything exceptional in his talent but he is perfect for that team, even though there are 'better' strikers out there.

Centre forward is a rarely used phrase from what I have seen regards to football in Europe. If they're talking about that position then tend to say a 'No.9', whereas here it's always centre forward and I don't think think they mean to deviate anything from the big lad that uses his stength and power to get on the end of the big boot upfield.

I don't know, stengthen is an easy term to just mean on 'signing players', based on that alone and assuming it would actually do that for us then I guess a centreback of decent quality that is more than content to be a bench player mainly (if they exist) and in all likelihood a replacement for Rosicky as surely he won't be here for that much longer. Otherwise, I am quite happy. In truth I was fairly happy with our squad last season.

Nayan
21-10-2013, 07:51 PM
I think we all hope the Suarez ship has sailed. I certainly couldn't go through another transfer window of it.
I hope he fucks off out of our league. Prick

McNamara That Ghost...
21-10-2013, 07:54 PM
Agree with Maccy and LDG. Giroud is undeniably top class with his first-touch play when linking up with the midfield. There is not much difference between him and anyone else at that. He might not at the technical level of a Bergkamp generally but he's just top notch at creative play around the box. It's just something that he happens to get spot on time and time again. And that's huge for the way Wenger's trying to set us up.

http://www.gifti.me/i/EphWy7IoZ.gif

But in the big games where you're looking to convert this sort of chance, where you need the first touch to be spot on - only the top class strikers (in the league I'm thinking Van Persie, Suarez, Aguero) are likely to take them. In games where the midfield isn't allowed to waltz up to the edge of the area and you're looking for more clinical finishing, he's not your man to turn 1 point into 3. A Van Persie does that creative stuff and has a much higher strike rate in converting chances like that. But I can't think of another striker of Van Persie's style and quality at the moment.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't buy a striker. If Giroud gets injured, we're screwed at the moment. Wenger knew that as well and was all over the shop. Higuain, Suarez, Ba - all very different type of players. I'm guessing now that Giroud is stepping up and fans don't want to kill Wenger, he'll be more clear about what type of striker he wants. Reckon we'll get one in January - but maybe just a stop gap cover, unless Bendtner proves he can hack it for a few games.

He did get a shot away and it was a good save from Myhill but it's true, the best chance would've been first time. However, you see the goal he scored against Tottenham, coming across the goal and passing it in first time, for one, not many strikers make that run anyway and two, not many can put it in. I'm not going to pretend he is an ultra clinical striker but I think one gif clip is a bit unfair, even if it does actually have validity.

If Giroud did get injured (which is really tiring me out as a slant against us) then somebody else will step up I am sure, it always happens with Wenger teams.

Shaqiri Is Boss
21-10-2013, 08:08 PM

I'm just counting down the days until he sacrifices a small child to the sun god Ra.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
21-10-2013, 10:19 PM
I wanted Suarez for instance because I could easily see how he and Giroud could play at the same time and I suppose Higuain before that. It would be seen as us having bought a 'centre forward' in some parts of the media but really it wouldn't be, they're both very comfortable pulling out wide and running at defenders for instance.

As for someone that would directly be in Giroud's position I don't have much of an issue with us signing someone as a competent back-up to him but anything more that and I think though it will sway a lot in to thinking, wow unbelievable squad, usually too many quality strikers with so little chances to play them usually doesn't last too long. You see someone like Mandzukic for Bayern Munich and though he is good, he isn't exactly brimming with anything exceptional in his talent but he is perfect for that team, even though there are 'better' strikers out there.

Centre forward is a rarely used phrase from what I have seen regards to football in Europe. If they're talking about that position then tend to say a 'No.9', whereas here it's always centre forward and I don't think think they mean to deviate anything from the big lad that uses his stength and power to get on the end of the big boot upfield.

I don't know, stengthen is an easy term to just mean on 'signing players', based on that alone and assuming it would actually do that for us then I guess a centreback of decent quality that is more than content to be a bench player mainly (if they exist) and in all likelihood a replacement for Rosicky as surely he won't be here for that much longer. Otherwise, I am quite happy. In truth I was fairly happy with our squad last season.

Putting aside the fact I can't stand Suarez for the sake of the argument he is an exceptional player. One of a few who could play right across the upper 3 positions in the 433. I rate him, so much so, I regularly told those on ahfc before we moved over here that they were actually understating the impact he would have if he came here. When he first moved to Liverpool, I said on our board he was fantastic which was usually met with 'but he doesn't score enough' and I would usually respond with 'he will in time'. Now he has and does.

I agree that if a player of Suarez's skill set was available he could actually effectively be threatening Theo's place and/or Cazorla and play wide....unless I've misunderstood the intimations you were making. Incidentally, that would also give us cover for Giroud himself because when he does not play, that Suarez type player then shifts into the middle with Theo going back to the right. This idea also leaves a wide player/midfielder unhappy as well, be it Theodore or anyone else. I think that whoever you bring in, in which ever position, he is going to displace somebody else of ability, if he is of the quality we are talking about with Suarez, so it does raise an issue in any case.

I really only refer to Suarez as a centre forward because it may be his best position to play at Arsenal, but it is not intended to reflect or be ignorant of his versatility.

Mandzukic is an interesting precedent and one in which I was reflecting on recently. I think Bayern get away with that a little because their team is so much stronger than any other in their league (including Dortmund who seem desperate to palm off their best players to them) and they are almost a perfectly balanced team who have shown as much for some time. They were frighteningly good against us last season and absolutely destroyed City recently. They have been a long time in the making as they have lost CL finals before they won it last season and have other disappointments. Our current side have had little of that development in the last few years.

They have had, what we are beginning to have and what you have already pointed out..... Unsuspecting goal scoring midfielders who regularly chip in like Ramsey has started to do with Muller and Kroos and more obvious ones like Robben. Even then, they did have Gomes on their bench to come in for Mandzukic up until recently. Gomes's goal scoring record himself is in line with most of the top forwards in Europe and he was on their bench for some considerable time. I would argue that option made Bayern strong rather than caused a problem. Gomes ended up leaving but at Bayern's convenience, for a considerable fee and as is par for the course at a top club, the best come to the fore, particularly when there is genuine competition. Then you have to factor in the fact that Bayern only really let Gomes go because they have been pretty much promised Lewandowski who ironically poses the same problem to them with Mandzukic as you're suggesting he would to us with Giroud.

I suppose a lot of it will actually comes down to whether you believe the squad is in ideal shape to genuinely challenge for the league and the Champions league or if you think we have a little more work to do, mainly in terms of the first team.

I would like to see the extra top quality here... particularly for when we are playing more of the top sides than we have in the league so far. And I actually have to include Spurs in the category of top sides we've already faced! :doh::redcard:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
22-10-2013, 12:17 AM
Diego Caballero ‏@dejcab 1h:
Joaquín Maroto on Tiki-Taka: “Iker Casillas has a formal bid from Arsenal”.

Penguin
22-10-2013, 07:29 AM
The was Giroud is playing I am more than happy with him as our first choice CF, but there is no guarantee he can keep up the form over the whole season. We need someone to challenge him for that first team place. Our squad is brimming with creators but we only have a handful of consistent goalscorers. Podolski is an option but he hasn't really done well for us as the main striker in a 4-3-3. Bendtner two or three steps down from Giroud and Sanogo is still in nappies.

It doesn't have to necessarily be someone of Suarez or Lewandowski's ilk, but I'd prefer someone with a proven goalscoring track record.

I am invisible
22-10-2013, 11:53 AM
This isn't a question of doing better than Giroud - it's doing better than Bendtner as a second option. If we're serious about competing on all levels then, really, we need two players who are at least at Giroud's level - at the moment we have one, and that's not enough. I don't see that having a second top CF to choose from should be any great problem for Giroud - if anything it should be an asset?! At the top level you're looking at nearly 70 games a season for club and country, and that's a hell of a lot of pressure to heap on one player in terms of fitness, form, and suitability for all opponents.

I know we have other players who can fill in when needed, but, for me, Walcott and Podolski aren't really physically built for the lone CF role, Sanogo is a long-term gamble who we can't be relying on yet, and that pretty much leaves Bendtner - I don't want to be too harsh on the lad, because he looks like he's genuinely trying to sort himself out, but ultimately he doesn't really offer us anything beyond basic cover for Giroud...

Özim
22-10-2013, 12:34 PM

Yeah me too, awful person.

Munchies
22-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Diego Caballero ‏@dejcab 1h:
Joaquín Maroto on Tiki-Taka: “Iker Casillas has a formal bid from Arsenal”.

Not sure about this now, Chesney has looked pretty good, and we got Viviano as cover.

Next season ? Why not.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
22-10-2013, 02:07 PM
Not sure about this now, Chesney has looked pretty good, and we got Viviano as cover.

Next season ? Why not.

Chesney is doing well because he knows 1 fuck up and Fab/Viviano are straight in.

When he turned up to training and saw only Fabianski was fighting for his position he got complacent. Viviano added fuel to competition.

I'd love Casillas here but I'm happy with Chesney now. Mind you, when players like Casillas become available you'd be foolish not to get them.

BOBN
22-10-2013, 03:30 PM
Who would you rather get?

Balotelli obv. Strong, technical, pacey, can play wide, can do stuff Giroud cant. Rather not just get a "better" version of Giroud. That would make him redundant.

Link:
http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2013/09/arsenal-and-liverpool-linked-with-12m-mario-balotelli-signing/

milla
22-10-2013, 04:01 PM
Balotelli obv. Strong, technical, pacey, can play wide, can do stuff Giroud cant. Rather not just get a "better" version of Giroud. That would make him redundant.

Link:
http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2013/09/arsenal-and-liverpool-linked-with-12m-mario-balotelli-signing/

Would take Balotelli. Talented, athletics and mental, perfect CF in my book. :lol:

GP
22-10-2013, 04:48 PM

Link:

:haha:

No

Munchies
28-10-2013, 11:52 AM
Robert Lewandowski could be available for as little as £7million in the January transfer window with Borussia Dortmund desperate to stop the striker joining rivals Bayern Munich at the end of the season.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/28/chelsea-arsenal-and-manchester-united-alerted-to-cut-price-january-deal-for-robert-lewandowski-4163780/

:popcorn:

AFC Leveller
28-10-2013, 12:03 PM
Chesney has played wel at times and made some terrific saves but i honeslty feel he still has a long way to go to be a top class goaly. Casillas as a shot stopper is the best out there but in this league and particularely against us, most goals conceded are from set pieces/crosses and thats where he comes up sjort IMO. Flapps at crosses often and does not command his area IMO.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-10-2013, 12:11 PM
Most of our goals against us are conceded from open play, I must be watching something different because I've seen him come and collect the ball from set-pieces many a time this season. I say it enough times when it happens in match threads!

Syn
28-10-2013, 12:22 PM
Yeah, that's always been a strength of his. Before Szczesny we used to shit ourselves every time we conceded a corner.

Outdated view. Arsenal also have a weak underbelly.

AFC Leveller
28-10-2013, 12:53 PM
Im not talking about corners/freekicks but crosses in general and being attacked through the wings when our FBs bomb forward. Dortmund exposed that to the max and the best teams will take note no doubt. We havent changes style of play or properly addressed our weaknesses in the last few years and if you look at the big games recently, we tend to lose in similar fashion. dominate, miss one or two chances, commit men forward and get hit by the other team. Villa, who were okay but nothing great, saw where we can be got at and exposed us to the max.

AFC Leveller
28-10-2013, 12:55 PM
As for Casillas, he's on the decline now IMO and both Maureen and Ancelotti saw something had changed.

I'd pick Chesney over him right now but we can definitelly do better if we showed enough ambition.

BOBN
29-10-2013, 10:03 AM
Robert Lewandowski could be available for as little as £7million in the January transfer window with Borussia Dortmund desperate to stop the striker joining rivals Bayern Munich at the end of the season.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/28/chelsea-arsenal-and-manchester-united-alerted-to-cut-price-january-deal-for-robert-lewandowski-4163780/

:popcorn:
Well you couldnt say no at that price, theres a better flip to be had than the Highbury flats. Wenger and the board will be all over that. Top property developers and player brokers :bow:

Fellaini claims Arsenal snub
Marouane Fellaini has claims that he snubbed interest from Arsenal before joining Manchester United.
Last Updated: 29/10/13 at 08:31

The 25-year-old Belgian midfielder joined United on deadline day from Everton in a £27.5million move, the only substantial deal that the Premier League champions managed over the course of the summer.

Despite seeing Arsenal in top form, and some way ahead of United at this stage - Fellaini says he does not regret his decision to move to Old Trafford.

"I don't want to tell you everything what happened during the transfer," he said to beIN Sport. "This was done at the last minute.

"In a transfer window, there is always a list of players, you never know if it's true or not. But for me, I knew [Moyes] was interested in me.

"Chelsea? No comment. Arsenal? It's true, they were interested, but Manchester United convinced me to sign for them."
So Wenger saw a player in Felliani :wacko:

Hes gone down in my estimation for that. I thought he would have recognised his ineptness a mile away. That boy is a Championship level player. If he had a regular haircut and lost 4 inches he'd be at Birmingham or something.

AFC Leveller
29-10-2013, 10:16 AM
Average player IMO. Did well at Everton as the play was all about long balls to him and he loved that but as a footballer, he cannot do anything with the ball and looks way out of his depth.

JonasTC
29-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Tbh i think he would be a beast for us, because here he could play the role he wants to, to just clean up in front of the defence and pass it on to more creative players which we have plenty of, but in United they expect him to be a box2box/yaya toure kind of midfielder and create everything, and thats not the kind of player he is, sad to see a talent like that not being used correct.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
29-10-2013, 01:06 PM
This isn't a question of doing better than Giroud - it's doing better than Bendtner as a second option. If we're serious about competing on all levels then, really, we need two players who are at least at Giroud's level - at the moment we have one, and that's not enough. I don't see that having a second top CF to choose from should be any great problem for Giroud - if anything it should be an asset?! At the top level you're looking at nearly 70 games a season for club and country, and that's a hell of a lot of pressure to heap on one player in terms of fitness, form, and suitability for all opponents.

I know we have other players who can fill in when needed, but, for me, Walcott and Podolski aren't really physically built for the lone CF role, Sanogo is a long-term gamble who we can't be relying on yet, and that pretty much leaves Bendtner - I don't want to be too harsh on the lad, because he looks like he's genuinely trying to sort himself out, but ultimately he doesn't really offer us anything beyond basic cover for Giroud...

:tiphat:

I don't really believe that Dortmund are so desperate to block lewandowski's move to Bayern that they are now willing to see him for 7 million. They did have all summer to sound out potential buyers and seemingly didn't but I've never believed he was as unattainable as a target as people repeatedly suggest.

I read that Julian Draxler's buyout clause which is 32-35 million, stands as the highest in German football. If that is true, doesn't that mean Lewandowski's buyout is 35 million or below? Unless he doesn't have a buyout clause.....?

I just don't see much reason for not making a concerted effort to sign the bloke this January. There aren't a whole lot of forwards of his quality around. I just can't see a player like Balotelli being a starter too. He despises the press over here as much as Suarez and I just can't see Wenger keeping a character like him in line. I don't think the silent approach is likely to work.

I also don't believe fellaini is nearly as poor as people are suggesting and he seems to get disproportionately criticised for not having the technical capabilities of other creative players.

GP
29-10-2013, 01:29 PM
No doubt we would be willing to pay for him, and no doubt Dortmund would rather sell to us than Bayern. But it's he's made his mind up to go there there isn't much we can do about it.

He would be decent backup to Giroud.

Munchies
29-10-2013, 01:39 PM
But it's he's made his mind up to go there there isn't much we can do about it.

Thats the thing really, he was all set to go Bayern, but all of a sudden said he was open to moving to the EPL.

I guess he's looking to whoever will pay him the highest signing on fee.

Özim
29-10-2013, 01:53 PM
Thats the thing really, he was all set to go Bayern, but all of a sudden said he was open to moving to the EPL.

I guess he's looking to whoever will pay him the highest signing on fee.

Yeah, he won't come if he's backup to Giroud though.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
29-10-2013, 03:02 PM
With that attitude he would never go anywhere but Bayern.

He would be good competition to Giroud not decent back up for him imo.

Özim
29-10-2013, 03:29 PM
With that attitude he would never go anywhere but Bayern.

He would be good competition to Giroud not decent back up for him imo.

That's not my opinion, that's the opinion of the poster two posts before.

I think he's better than Giroud personally, though I don't think he's as good as we are led to believe.

Marc Overmars
29-10-2013, 04:51 PM
If Lewandowski is available for a good price then we must get him. He's not the type of player we as fans need to waste time weighing up the pros and cons for, he's a proven goalscorer and isn't one of those prolific but limited strikers either, he's technically good and comfortable with his back to goal as well.

Been very impressed with Bif this season but the more options we have the better for the squad overall.

Munchies
29-10-2013, 04:55 PM
If Lewandowski is available for a good price then we must get him. He's not the type of player we as fans need to waste time weighing up the pros and cons for, he's a proven goalscorer and isn't one of those prolific but limited strikers either, he's technically good and comfortable with his back to goal as well.

Been very impressed with Bif this season but the more options we have the better for the squad overall.

:good:

He also provides us with a plan B, of perhaps 2 strikers upfront (eg 4-1-2-1-2 / 442) . Right now we can only play one up top given how stretched we are.

BOBN
29-10-2013, 04:58 PM
Tbh i think he would be a beast for us, because here he could play the role he wants to, to just clean up in front of the defence and pass it on to more creative players which we have plenty of, but in United they expect him to be a box2box/yaya toure kind of midfielder and create everything, and thats not the kind of player he is, sad to see a talent like that not being used correct.
Nope, hes lazy, slow and thick. No cleaning up to be had. You'll see in 2 weeks when we run through him.

BOBN
29-10-2013, 05:07 PM
:good:

He also provides us with a plan B, of perhaps 2 strikers upfront (eg 4-1-2-1-2 / 442) . Right now we can only play one up top given how stretched we are.
Dont kid yourself, Wenger would never play 2 lumps up front. Even a football philistine like Arry would go for one big'un and one little/fast'un. Thats my issue with him, too similar to Giroud. But 7 million is 7 million.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
29-10-2013, 06:31 PM
That's not my opinion, that's the opinion of the poster two posts before.

I think he's better than Giroud personally, though I don't think he's as good as we are led to believe.

I don't think we need to be led to believe anything. I would be surprised if many have not seen him play a very good number of times, at CL level, international level and maybe even club level, so we can all make our own well informed opinion of him.

He could have a lot more hype around him considering his standing and there were no real big attempts from anyone to sign him last summer.....and pre contract agreements with a club don't stop other clubs testing the water.

He is not so similar to Giroud that he would make for a strange signing either. I think the comparison is a little lazy. Even if they were exactly the same player, I've never seen two players more alike than Chamberlain and Gnabry, but I am happy for the pair of them to remain......and whilst we are at it, I'd take another Cazorla / Ozil off anyone's hands if there's one going.

Like I've mentioned, I don't believe 7 million is even close to the price he would actually go for in January, but I have thought we should be considering him regardless of the latest rumour about being available for 7 million anyway.

If only for the lack of viable alternatives named in this thread alone.

McNamara That Ghost...
30-10-2013, 10:49 AM
Right I think it's now time for the Winter transfer shit thread.

You served us well.

Higuain. :doh:

Suarez. :(

Ginter. :lol:

Bernard. :haha:

Roberts. Maybe next time.