PDA

View Full Version : Summer Transfer Speculation and Shit

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

BlindFaith_8
16-08-2013, 10:18 PM
What ever happened to the Julio Cesar deal? That was apparantly all signed and sealed, but again it seems that Wenger simply cannot attract top players to the club, he doesn't have the pull like Jose or dare I say it AVB.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-08-2013, 10:28 PM
Probably a picture of you, Simon Cowell and Paul McKenna in the days where you went cruising together

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Niall_Quinn
16-08-2013, 11:04 PM
What ever happened to the Julio Cesar deal? That was apparantly all signed and sealed, but again it seems that Wenger simply cannot attract top players to the club, he doesn't have the pull like Jose or dare I say it AVB.

Rangers wanted a transfer fee I think, so it was an automatic no go.

Edinburgh Gooner
16-08-2013, 11:07 PM
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/422580/Former-Chelsea-and-Man-City-target-Radamel-Falcao-at-risk-of-being-sold-by-Monaco?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-football-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+Football+Feed%29

Here you go Ollie, the media hacks have picked up your Falcoa to be sold rumour.

Edinburgh Gooner
16-08-2013, 11:29 PM
And according to the bbc gossip pages we are giving up on Suarez and looking to Rooney.

Arsenal are to make a move for Manchester United's Wayne Rooney, 27, after the apparent failure of their pursuit of Liverpool's Luis Suarez. The Uruguayan has apologised to his Anfield team-mates for trying to leave the club.
Full story: Daily Mirror

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2013, 11:31 PM
I wonder if they've just pulled that story up after reading twitter

good solid journalism :coffee:

Özim
16-08-2013, 11:33 PM
Probably a picture of you, Simon Cowell and Paul McKenna in the days where you went cruising together

:lol:

Edinburgh Gooner
16-08-2013, 11:41 PM
I wonder if they've just pulled that story up after reading twitter

good solid journalism :coffee:

that's what i reckon.

Niall_Quinn
16-08-2013, 11:43 PM
And according to the bbc gossip pages we are giving up on Suarez and looking to Rooney.

Arsenal are to make a move for Manchester United's Wayne Rooney, 27, after the apparent failure of their pursuit of Liverpool's Luis Suarez. The Uruguayan has apologised to his Anfield team-mates for trying to leave the club.
Full story: Daily Mirror

We're trying to sign the cast of Britain's greatest scumbag players. Barton when the fake Rooney bid fails. Then Shawcross as the failsafe.

Master Splinter
16-08-2013, 11:46 PM
GP's impressive array of psychotic, schizophrenic characters are becoming overwhelming.

His automated :haha: at myself posts at every opportunity even though it's not funny are getting a good workout too.

Master Splinter
16-08-2013, 11:49 PM
We're trying to sign the cast of Britain's greatest scumbag players. Barton when the fake Rooney bid fails. Then Shawcross as the failsafe.

And Big Man as WUMger's piece de resistance?

Edinburgh Gooner
16-08-2013, 11:51 PM

I have to say NQ, that i enjoy reading your posts. They do make me chuckle. Nothing would surprise me this transfer window. I can just see Shawcross lining up alongside Ramsey this season.

Ralpheroo72
17-08-2013, 12:22 AM
According to Twitter sources, Wenger is trying to sign the remaining cast members of Glee.

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2013, 02:49 AM
‘Sometimes the image you give people is reality and sometimes not. Of course it’s unfair. I just defend the idea that you spend the money you have and not the money you don’t have.’

Fine so we have £120million quid, so get spending!

He said he was excited at the prospect of breaking his record transfer fee and was not resisting the board’s desire to open the chequebook, but insisted only the ‘right’ quality of player would be added to his squad.

Not just any old shit like Higuain.

‘We are guided by the quality of the player.'

Guided by a guide dog else how can you explain Chamakh, Park, Gervinho?

‘You know, I am rather generous. But we had to go through a period when we had to look at the money that we spent. For years I did that. Today we have more so we can spend more. It’s as simple as that.’

So generous you have spent precisely zero pounds and zero pence in the transfer window so far. That's about a simple as it can get.

The Verminator
17-08-2013, 04:23 AM
Guided by a guide dog else how can you explain Chamakh, Park, Gervinho?

:haha:

Özim
17-08-2013, 09:40 AM
GP's impressive array of psychotic, schizophrenic characters are becoming overwhelming.

His automated :haha: at myself posts at every opportunity even though it's not funny are getting a good workout too.

A certain amount of irony in this post.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
17-08-2013, 09:45 AM
i would actually love it if we signed ryan shawcross, not because i rate him in any way at all...but because it would really upset Ramsey....might be a bit more eager to protect the back four if he knows behind him all the time is a man who gave him a career threatening injury and would only be too eager to do so again.....either that or Ramsey leaves....which would be my prefered outcome.

Munchies
17-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Everyone at Arsenal would like to wish Gunners legend Thierry Henry a very happy 36th birthday! #KingHenry

Lets just resign him now ffs.

And this bad twitter joke somehow made me laugh:
BREAKING NEWS: Arsenal have tabled a £15m bid for Japanese teenage sensation Si-Ning No-Wan

Cripps_orig
17-08-2013, 11:17 AM
Mo Farah has revealed he has been tweeting Wayne Rooney to convince him to sign for Arsenal!

The England striker wants to leave Manchester United, and has been strongly linked with a move to Chelsea this summer.

But with Arsenal seemingly now giving up in their pursuit of Liverpool’s Luis Suarez, Arsene Wenger is set to turn his attentions to Rooney.

And Farah, who won 5,000m gold at the World Athletics Championship on Friday night, admits he’s been in touch with the 27-year-old forward.

He told Weekend Sports Breakfast: “I’ve been tweeting at him telling him to join us! If we get Rooney I’ll be happy with that.

“He hasn’t replied to me yet though. I’m waiting for him!”

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-farah-reveals-hes-tweeting-rooney-get-him-arsenal-13081755965#ZEJUevrPpWvmDyet.99

Mo :bow:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
17-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Got a lot of time and respect for Mo Farah but seriously?....what is he doing?

Don't get me wrong i am devestated that we haven't signed anyone, but i'm not desperate enough yet to want that scumbag anywhere near Arsenal him and his obscene wages.

As far as i am concerned i'd be massively disappointed if we signed any English player...if you can look at the team that played on wednesday night and tell me that is synonomous with quality than your either a terrible liar or you need your eyes examining.

milla
17-08-2013, 11:46 AM
Everyone at Arsenal would like to wish Gunners legend Thierry Henry a very happy 36th birthday! #KingHenry

Lets just resign him now ffs.

And this bad twitter joke somehow made me laugh:
BREAKING NEWS: Arsenal have tabled a £15m bid for Japanese teenage sensation Si-Ning No-Wan

That is not even a Japanese name :lol:

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Well we still need him. Sign him up immediately. Imaginary player therefore imaginary transfer fee and pretend wages. Works for everyone.

Munchies
17-08-2013, 01:28 PM
Pre Villa :

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger: "We want to start well at home with a win against a team who are strong on the counter-attack, so we need a good defensive performance. Pre-season has gone well - the only really bad thing is we got some injuries, the last one to Mikel Arteta just before the season starts. Thomas Vermaelen and Nacho Monreal we could get used to the idea, but the most recent one is a blow because we're a bit short in midfield. We have vital games coming up, next week we have the Champions League qualifier, so we hope not to get more injuries."

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2013, 02:59 PM
Pre Villa :

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger: "We want to start well at home with a win against a team who are strong on the counter-attack, so we need a good defensive performance. Pre-season has gone well - the only really bad thing is we got some injuries, the last one to Mikel Arteta just before the season starts. Thomas Vermaelen and Nacho Monreal we could get used to the idea, but the most recent one is a blow because we're a bit short in midfield. We have vital games coming up, next week we have the Champions League qualifier, so we hope not to get more injuries."

And it's not like we could have bought some players. There's simply nothing we can do about this, we are so unlucky. Maybe putting the ticket prices up will help a bit?

Joker
17-08-2013, 05:45 PM
We're apparently in for Rooney again :lol:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/wayne-rooney-transfer-arsenal-make-2176388

Özim
17-08-2013, 05:49 PM
Expect a lot of BS rumours in the coming weeks as the media transfer machine goes into overdrive.

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2013, 05:52 PM

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/wayne-rooney-transfer-arsenal-make-2176388

United boss David Moyes is adamant that Rooney is not for sale.

Looks like the key criteria is in place. Follow this up with a lowball bid and let's see what happens.

Özim
17-08-2013, 05:54 PM
Looks like the key criteria is in place. Follow this up with a lowball bid and let's see what happens.

Wenger believes a deal can be done.

Remember how Baptista said he was staying in Spain to get his passport and Wenger said he was still hopeful about the deal? There's your proof it can be done right there!

Japan Shaking All Over
17-08-2013, 07:44 PM

If we were serious about anyone we should have gone out and got them already......Rooney, Higuain, Felliani.....whoever but no we fuck around like we do all the time.....like no other team do.......we have got to be the biggest no balls club in the land. It is a joke an absolute joke, no-one is oing to want to come to us after seeing the state we are in. Shit and I am one of the optimistic ones on GW......what the hell is going on.......stop trying to sell me with names show me the merchandise MFs

Munchies
17-08-2013, 07:49 PM
I think the funniest one was Jovetic, linked to him for most of the early summer, and suddenly we didn't want to pay more than £20m, and he went for 22 in the end :lol:

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2013, 07:50 PM
If we were serious about anyone we should have gone out and got them already......Rooney, Higuain, Felliani.....whoever but no we fuck around like we do all the time.....like no other team do.......we have got to be the biggest no balls club in the land. It is a joke an absolute joke, no-one is oing to want to come to us after seeing the state we are in. Shit and I am one of the optimistic ones on GW......what the hell is going on.......stop trying to sell me with names show me the merchandise MFs

No problem, here is it: http://arsenaldirect.arsenal.com

gunnerrrrr
17-08-2013, 10:08 PM
If recent history is anything to go by, i am now really concerned about the expected panic buys that Wenger will make.

Apparently his idea of top top quality and bargain prices include players like Santos, Park etc

GP
17-08-2013, 10:26 PM
Lars Bender linked again.

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2013, 10:32 PM
We need a striker more than anything else. In reality we need 5 top players to reverse the asset stripping but even if we end up with one it had better be a striker because Giroud, Walcott and Podolski are well below the standard required. A top striker could carry us for a season while Wenger's contract runs down. Then a proper manager could rebuild.

Munchies
17-08-2013, 10:37 PM
Just get any one of the Benders , bid atleast 10mill more than what we did before.
Striker wise, no idea who's left right now and available.
Get a rb like piszcheck from bvb
Julio Cesar or begovic
Ashley Williams cb

Cripps_orig
17-08-2013, 10:40 PM
Piss check is injured for months I think.

Stick a post man uniform on him and we'll get him

JonasTC
17-08-2013, 10:42 PM
Not afraid of the 3-4 panic buys that are gonna come in at the end of august... Cuz now we actually got the money, so we'll end up buying fellaini, bender and a striker for silly money :pray:

Just not sure how much it would actually help us out, i think a proper DM would make a huge difference, but often you still see our midfielders have no idea of what to do with the ball and often just ends up putting it wide to our fullbacks or back to our center backs.

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2013, 10:42 PM
I keep forgetting, we have Sanogo. Wenger says he's quality so he must be I suppose.

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2013, 10:43 PM
We need a striker who can clear it off the line, take it out of defence, run through the midfield and score.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-08-2013, 10:58 PM
I've decided we have £110 million to spend. Jason Roberts, we're coming for you!

Cripps_orig
17-08-2013, 11:01 PM
Atletico Madrid's 26-year-old playmaker Arda Turan's possible move to either Liverpool or Arsenal has moved a step closer. His agent has been quoted as saying that Turan's transfer to the Premier League this summer is 'probable'.
Full story: AS sports newspaper (in Spanish)

Swansea defender Ashley Williams, 28, admits he is flattered by reports linking him with a switch to Arsenal, but insists he is still fully committed to his current role.
Full story: Metro

Good player. Won't come.

Better than Kos so get him home

GP
17-08-2013, 11:08 PM
I've decided we have £110 million to spend. Jason Roberts, we're coming for you!

In a Running Man style game show, I assume?

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2013, 11:08 PM
Our defending today suggests we need five defensive signings including a proper GK. Bringing one CB in will just mean he gets lost in the sea of shit. Wenger will probably play him on the wing anyway.

No point having a playmaker if the players being passed to can't play.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-08-2013, 11:16 PM
In a Running Man style game show, I assume?

We have our mate from Vietnam to chase him down.

GP
17-08-2013, 11:18 PM
We have our mate from Vietnam to chase him down.

What could possibly go wrong?

Cripps_orig
17-08-2013, 11:32 PM
Our defending today suggests we need five defensive signings including a proper GK. Bringing one CB in will just mean he gets lost in the sea of shit. Wenger will probably play him on the wing anyway.

No point having a playmaker if the players being passed to can't play.
Sakho wants to leave PSG. He's quality. Must get

Put in a £20m bid for Baines.

That's 2 spots sorted.

Mert is fine.

Sagna needs to shape up or gtfo

Xhaka Can’t
17-08-2013, 11:49 PM
I hope we sign no one. The season is a write off already. It will take us a generation to recover from where we are now.
Wenger put us in this mess, he won't bring us out of it. Nor will the owners

Munchies
17-08-2013, 11:56 PM
Being linked with Micah Richards in the papers,

can play CB and RB, and supports Arsenal (counts for fuck all though)

Must Get, though it's been a while since I've seen him play. Any good ?

Cripps_orig
17-08-2013, 11:59 PM
Better than anyone we have at CB or RB

Niall_Quinn
18-08-2013, 12:00 AM
Richards is average. Barry is average. Baines would cost money. Sakho would cost money.

Therefore:

Richards and Barry are top, top quality.

Baines and Sakho are not top, top quality.

So:

Put Richards and Barry in trolley on last day of window.

Leak to media we are in for Baines and Sakho then do nothing.

GP
18-08-2013, 12:03 AM
I hope we sign no one. The season is a write off already. It will take us a generation to recover from where we are now.
Wenger put us in this mess, he won't bring us out of it. Nor will the owners

Grow up.

Niall_Quinn
18-08-2013, 12:08 AM
Grow up.

Nah, there are limits and after 8 years of this shit it's fair enough of people want to say those limits have been crossed.

All I want is to see some decent football. Our goal today was worth watching. That was it. Imagine paying £60 to watch that one moment. That's not even in the same universe as value and even if a couple of players are thrown on top it won't make much odds. Our football is shit. It really will take a whole new management team to come in here and sweep the place out and build again. Surely by now we can see that Wenger is incapable of this?

Globalgunner
18-08-2013, 01:44 AM
The problem is that Wenger can't see the problems. His review of last season took him 5 minutes to conclude that we were unlucky not to win the title so nothing really needs to change. Not formation , not tactics, not personnel. Nothing. Even now he has firm belief in the quality, spirit and ability of this squad. Not to mention the togetherness, determination and potential of his players. Today was all about the referee.
I have no doubt he will be vindicated. On to the next match.

Grebbo
18-08-2013, 08:02 AM
I think one of the weirdest things this summer is that we didn't go for Benteke. (well its not that weird cos our transfer policy is fucked up).

This guy actually handed in a transfer request and is an Arsenal fan! I mean WTF! We could have got him for £20m. Top clubs have 3 top strikers so if you think you can buy better than Benteke you stil buy him anyway cos at least then you've bought a decent player for the squad if the main striker target doesn't come off.

Marc Overmars
18-08-2013, 09:34 AM
I think one of the weirdest things this summer is that we didn't go for Benteke. (well its not that weird cos our transfer policy is fucked up).

This guy actually handed in a transfer request and is an Arsenal fan! I mean WTF! We could have got him for £20m. Top clubs have 3 top strikers so if you think you can buy better than Benteke you stil buy him anyway cos at least then you've bought a decent player for the squad if the main striker target doesn't come off.

That would require us to have some sort of strategy in place.

There is no rational explanation for (up to this point) having signed no one this summer, even my 10 year old cousin can tell you exactly what the problems are, it's obvious to everyone except the people that matter. Are we supposed to believe that no one who's moved this window is good enough for Arsenal? The criteria for being good enough for Arsenal is very different to what it was 10 years ago.

Xhaka Can’t
18-08-2013, 09:35 AM
Grow up.

If this were seven years ago, I'd have a word with myself after a post like that. Not now. And especially not after this clusterfuck of a summer. A summer where the only difference is that we have somehow contrived to neglect the squad even more than in the past.

Wenger is powerful enough to have avoided this situation. He hasn't, and he may well be the architect who designed the mess this club has become. Eight years of this is more than enough for me.

Ralpheroo72
18-08-2013, 09:43 AM
When Wenger first arrived, he was an innovator. Now the game has changed and has passed him by. Add this to an inept board, and its a recipe for disaster, and a disaster unfolding in front of us. This club is a million miles away from winning anything, and that worries me.

Munchies
18-08-2013, 09:43 AM
Wenger is a fucking idiot that's why. We all know where to strengthen the team. We could do his job on 1 penny, let alone £7m a year.

A CDM was needed, and now why the fuck would either Bender come here now ? Both of them are at clubs already in the champions league. Fellaini ? Well Wenger didn't think he deserves more than he earns at Everton, even though we've cleared out shit loads on debt on dog shit players he signed. We're going to have to make do with Flamini, it's going to end up like that.

Everyone's right, enough is enough, he's gone after this year anyway. He ruined his own legacy..

Gazidis can fuck off aswell, fucking cunt he is, earning £2.25m a year, and does fuck all. Fucking bellend.

Why did we sell RVC ? Saw his goals the other day, and it was quite painful.

Cripps_orig
18-08-2013, 09:44 AM
Wayne Rooney set up two goals in Manchester United's win over Swansea but the 27-year-old still wants to leave the Old Trafford club, with Chelsea his preferred destination and Arsenal his contingency plan.
Full story: Sunday Times (subscription required)

Arsenal will have to pay £25m if they want to sign 27-year-old Swansea striker Michu, while the Gunners are also interested in Manchester City right-back Micah Richards.
Full story: Sunday Mirror

Get them all

Marc Overmars
18-08-2013, 09:46 AM
When Wenger first arrived, he was an innovator. Now the game has changed and has passed him by. Add this to an inept board, and its a recipe for disaster, and a disaster unfolding in front of us. This club is a million miles away from winning anything, and that worries me.

To be honest it's gone beyond a lack of trophies now, we past that point a while ago IMO.

Munchies
18-08-2013, 09:48 AM
£25m for Michu :lol:

Who cares, rather it be spent, than built up

Lets go spend spend spend !

Munchies
18-08-2013, 09:50 AM
More so than anything, its the BS that the cunt comes out with,

He says he'd buy players if they'd improve the team, but somehow never manages to find them.

What the fuck is he paid to do ? His tactics are all shoddy now, we got smashed to nearly every top team last season, Chelsea done the double over us, Villa had massive acres of space in the middle of the pitch the other day, isn't that alarming to him ? The squad is on its barebones now, don't have a LB on the bench, so Jenks is brought on . HOpe he fucks off.

KSE Comedy Club
18-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Yep I agree with that, cannot stand to hear any more bullshit from the senile old cunt.

He just talks out of his arse and for someone that is supposed to be so intelligent he makes himself sound like a fucking retard!

Comments like 'its not like we could go out and sign players at ten to three' no, but you could've done it the last couple of months when you've had plenty of fucking time you fuckin twat!!!

Rors
18-08-2013, 10:07 AM
Get them all

Haven't you been linked with Micah Richards since the first time the plants were watered in Babylon? Geez, the Mirror love that one.

Cripps_orig
18-08-2013, 10:26 AM
Pretty much although its been a couple of years since we were last linked

Rors
18-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Pretty much although its been a couple of years since we were last linked

No 'Defoe to Villa' anywhere to be seen this summer. I feel bereft.

BlindFaith_8
18-08-2013, 11:23 AM
The repeated summer of discontent, it's been the same for so many years, no signings in the summer followed by panic buys in January, season over by March and we sneak into 4th place with a good run of results in end of season meaningless games. And so it all begins again, so predictable. Wengers standards have slipped from challenging for the league with Cheslea and Man u and Citeh to fighting with Spurs and Liverpool for 4th place, and for this he gets paid a basic salary of £7.5 Mill per year!! It really beggars belief!

RomfordPele
18-08-2013, 11:49 AM
The repeated summer of discontent, it's been the same for so many years, no signings in the summer followed by panic buys in January, season over by March and we sneak into 4th place with a good run of results in end of season meaningless games. And so it all begins again, so predictable. Wengers standards have slipped from challenging for the league with Cheslea and Man u and Citeh to fighting with Spurs and Liverpool for 4th place, and for this he gets paid a basic salary of £7.5 Mill per year!! It really beggars belief!

Yep, the £7.5 million socialist. The hypocrisy is breathtaking when you think about it.

McNamara That Ghost...
18-08-2013, 11:58 AM
We have a very inefficient negotiating team if they're working 24 hours on transfers. Or maybe Wenger meant just 24 hours throughout the whole summer.

How hard can it be? Seems easy enough on FIFA.

Özim
18-08-2013, 12:03 PM
The 24 hour comment makes me laugh, if they're working 24 hours a day trying on transfer someone please sack them as they've only managed to sign an injury prone kid in 3 months.....it's a joke.

I'm not saying signing players is easy but it's not that hard either, other clubs have managed fine to be honest.

Özim
18-08-2013, 12:04 PM
We have a very inefficient negotiating team if they're working 24 hours on transfers. Or maybe Wenger meant just 24 hours throughout the whole summer.

How hard can it be? Seems easy enough on FIFA.

I've just gone out and spend £100 million with Arsenal in Football Manager, I can confirm it's pretty easy (got rid of Gazidis and the scouts and brought my own people in), it was like clearing a blockage in a drainpipe once they went.

McNamara That Ghost...
18-08-2013, 12:13 PM
Who did you buy on FM? Not that I play it.

Özim
18-08-2013, 12:19 PM
Higuain (I paid them the £25 million they wanted), Fellaini (£22 million buy out clause), Cesar (free), Bernard (£22 million), Hummels (£21 million), Yilmaz (£10 million).

Easy peasy, I'm gonna win the title now.

Zim > Wenger + Gazidis

Grebbo
18-08-2013, 12:30 PM
Would anyone actually be excited if we did actually blow £70m on new players? I wouldn't, I'm past being interested now. We can't/won't get the best players so we'll end up with decent but not great players. Nothing will change with the way we play.

Even if we signed Suarez I don't think much would change. The only player I'd get remotely excited about is Fabregas because I loved watching him play, we wouldn't challenge for the league though.

This squad and manager is miles, fucking miles, behind the best teams.

Özim
18-08-2013, 12:32 PM
Also shouldn't really say this but f*ck it, I sacked the scouts as I caught them playing Playstation instead of scouting, they use to tell Wenger they were working 24 hours a day scouting when he rang but in fact he never checked.

I first got suspicious when I asked Gazidis what he was playing at and he accidentally let out it was COD.

Özim
18-08-2013, 12:33 PM
Would anyone actually be excited if we did actually blow £70m on new players? I wouldn't, I'm past being interested now. We can't/won't get the best players so we'll end up with decent but not great players. Nothing will change with the way we play.

Even if we signed Suarez I don't think much would change. The only player I'd get remotely excited about is Fabregas because I loved watching him play, we wouldn't challenge for the league though.

My worry is that we'll spend it on sub standard players and thus waste it. I'd be excited if we signed top players but we won't not now the season has started clubs won't be too keen to let their prize assets go knowing full well it will be hard to replace them (the only way we'd get top players is by paying way over the odds now).

The truth is we need at least 3-4 quality players, one player won't make enough of a difference.

Cripps_orig
18-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Depends on who we get.

10 £7m Koscielnyesque players won't help anyone.

We need major signings.

Marc Overmars
18-08-2013, 12:40 PM

Agreed. Unless he pulls some worldies out of his arse I can't see much improving.

There should be a buzz about a new season that resonates throughout the entire club, but for us it's the complete opposite. Disenchanted fans and a tired team in desperate need of an injection of quality. This summer is unforgivable and probably ranks at the top of the ever growing list of Wenger shockers.

I was not looking forward to the start of the season at all.

Cripps_orig
18-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Can anyone genuinely say they were excited with football back?

The excitement has gone, hope has vanished and that is what is unforgivable. Wenger has sucked the life and fun out of football.

I didn't expect us to lose to Villa but I wasn't surprised that we did either.

Özim
18-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Also I didn't sign pegleg as I don't believe in signing crocks.

McNamara That Ghost...
18-08-2013, 12:59 PM

If we aren't going to get the best players now, we're probably not going to get the best players next season either. Therefore, just blow it all, it'll be fun to see.

Japan Shaking All Over
18-08-2013, 01:28 PM
I still want to see us go out and sign......and I want to see at least a couple of pleyers that we can all agree improve the team on paper at least, add to this a couple of our usual 10 mil rubbish I am still ok

but we must sign after the statements made earlier in the year otherwise I could be very disappointed indeed

Master Splinter
18-08-2013, 01:38 PM
Maccy's right. It's all an utter mess now, so just going mental is the only guarantee of some entertainment.

£30m Kenwyne Jones.
£20m Joe Cole.
£25m Lee Clattermole.
£15m Carlos Cuellar.
£Free Robert Green.

Niall_Quinn
18-08-2013, 01:48 PM
Maccy's right. It's all an utter mess now, so just going mental is the only guarantee of some entertainment.

£30m Kenwyne Jones.
£20m Joe Cole.
£25m Lee Clattermole.
£15m Carlos Cuellar.
£Free Robert Green.

So what you really mean is let's sign Robert Green?

Globalgunner
18-08-2013, 02:36 PM
Can anyone enlighten me with 1 decent signing that Wenger has made in the last 5 years. I.e 1 player that other teams would bid high to take off us. Not one, I think, instead the few good players like Arshavin Podolski, have gotten worse since joining us. We are a fundamentally broken team who commit the same mistakes time and time again. A player runs at our midfield and they part like the red sea, Following the player like a wake (Ramsey at the rear) until the defenders either slide in or the player scores. So many players score their first goals against us because we don't snuff out danger. Teams like United or Chelsea will routinely foul a player charging into the box, but us, we simply wait and see what happens. Bad coaching , bad management, no fault analysis. Wenger plays his football from an ivory tower in his head, not the game that plays out on the pitch. He is done, some would say he never was all that and having world class players masked his glaring deficiencies.With no WC players in this team, we are bound struggle.

Grebbo
18-08-2013, 03:13 PM
Can anyone genuinely say they were excited with football back?

The excitement has gone, hope has vanished and that is what is unforgivable. Wenger has sucked the life and fun out of football.

I didn't expect us to lose to Villa but I wasn't surprised that we did either.

Excitement completely gone for me. Couldn't watch MOTD, couldn't watch Man U v Swansea and stomach seeing RVP tearing it up for those cunts. Now I'm nervous about Wednesday night and expect the worse.

It really shouldn't be like this, we've got money but no players. It's a disgrace.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-08-2013, 03:33 PM
close the thread.

id rather save the money for the new guy so i know it isnt wasted on cunts like sanogo.

hope we sign no-one. i can take another year of wenger if it means the kloppster or someone similar coming in.

selassie
18-08-2013, 06:01 PM
We've blown any chance we had of properly strenghtening the squad by leaving it this late. i dont think arsene had any intention of adding to the squad anyway, opportunist one off bids isnt working hard to sign players. i've read a few things arsene has said post villa. Its the fans & media's fault re: the unhappiness in the the stadium. we live in a world where its impossible to sign players blah blah

i just wish he would walk, he makes me feel sick.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-08-2013, 06:06 PM
close the thread.

id rather save the money for the new guy so i know it isnt wasted on cunts like sanogo.

hope we sign no-one. i can take another year of wenger if it means the kloppster or someone similar coming in.

Absolutely love Jurgen Klopp he has an amazing eye for talent and he looks and sounds totally insane.

Shaqiri Is Boss
18-08-2013, 06:47 PM
Southampton sign Pablo Osvaldo for £15m :blink:

Cripps_orig
18-08-2013, 06:49 PM
Spending money on players.

I remember that.

Grebbo
18-08-2013, 06:50 PM

I've never heard of him tbh.

Is he any good?

Shaqiri Is Boss
18-08-2013, 06:51 PM
I've never heard of him tbh.

Is he any good?

No idea.

Maccy will know...

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-08-2013, 07:10 PM
One of these Italian nationals who is half Argentine (like Mauro Camoranesi) fairly decent player i think he was Roma's top scorer last season....for a club like Southampton it is a monumentally good signing.

Munchies
18-08-2013, 07:24 PM

Added to the £10m on Wanyama , fucking hell.

He's moving to Soton as Pochettino has worked with him before.

Never heard of him before aswell

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-08-2013, 07:48 PM
credit to Southampton.....three years ago their side was in league one, back to back promotions and exciting signings....i know fortune is ephemeral with many clubs in football (look at their rivals Portsmouth now) but what a fantastic time it must be for Saints fans

Munchies
18-08-2013, 07:52 PM
That's the thing, you need to invest to move on and better yourself.

The people in charge of the investing have to be careful that they don't sign dogshit players and end up plagued with over priced wages (ala Wenger). The signings they've done are pretty strong, and I wouldn't mind having Wanyama, and he was available for £10m , £10m more than what Wenger thought he was worth.

If the signings pay off, the team will make strides up the table, more sponsors will line up, more tickets sold, TV revenue etc.

Why can't we spend a fucking penny

Niall_Quinn
18-08-2013, 07:59 PM
Yeah, get Klopp. Of course we'd have to drug him and kidnap him, but Diaby and Bendtner can do that seeing as they have fuck all else to do.

Marc Overmars
18-08-2013, 08:19 PM
Added to the £10m on Wanyama , fucking hell.

He's moving to Soton as Pochettino has worked with him before.

Never heard of him before aswell

This is what I don't understand. Every club out there is doing what they can and using their resources to the fullest, clubs not in the CL and not even generating half the revenue we do. Why are they prepared to be brave and push the boat out and we're not?

GP
18-08-2013, 08:44 PM
Something isn't right.

If we now have the ability to go and get genuine talent, it doesn't make sense that we'd just choose not to.

Gooner23
18-08-2013, 08:53 PM
You think there's any truth to the rumours that their is a major power struggle behind the scenes between AW and IG?

I'm more inclined to think its just sheer incompetence from Dick Law and his team.

GP
18-08-2013, 09:01 PM
You think there's any truth to the rumours that their is a major power struggle behind the scenes between AW and IG?

I'm more inclined to think its just sheer incompetence from Dick Law and his team.

Dunno. Something's up though. Can't just be venga is dum haha lol. If that's the case, why aren't Gazidis and Law pushing the deals through?

Maybe there's a split in the board, someone blocking deals... who the fuck knows?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-08-2013, 09:27 PM
Dunno. Something's up though. Can't just be venga is dum haha lol. If that's the case, why aren't Gazidis and Law pushing the deals through?

Maybe there's a split in the board, someone blocking deals... who the fuck knows?

Gazidis isn't responsible for player transfers his main responsibility as chief executive is to manage the manager and accquire commercial revenue for the club.....his first role he has failed in totally and his second role can be see at best as only a qualified success as beyond the Emirates deal and the rumoured Puma kit deal he has largely failed.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-08-2013, 09:32 PM
Yeah, get Klopp. Of course we'd have to drug him and kidnap him, but Diaby and Bendtner can do that seeing as they have fuck all else to do.

I think it's unfortunate to use Diaby in the same breath as Bendtner, Bendtner is a clinical narcissist whose attitude is beyond the pale. Where as Diaby hasn't really done much wrong other than get injured, granted if we were more ruthless we would have got rid of him ages ago. But i suppose Wenger looks at Diaby the same way i look at the watch i got for x-mas three years ago, i have persisted with the watch because it's a wonderful piece of jewelry but it has never worked and even now i am hesistant about giving up on it and getting myself a new one.
There has been times when i can see exactly what Wenger sees in Diaby and i honestly wished he could have stayed injury free long enough to become a solid midfielder for us....but it's not going to happen and to believe otherwise shows poor judgement.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-08-2013, 09:34 PM
I'm more inclined to think its just sheer incompetence from Dick Law and his team

Team usually implies more than one person, i'm pretty sure it is just Dick Law on his own.....to refer to that as a team is in rather the same way Brian Fantana from Anchorman refers to his penis and testicles collectively as the octagon.

Xhaka Can’t
18-08-2013, 09:40 PM
Something isn't right.

If we now have the ability to go and get genuine talent, it doesn't make sense that we'd just choose not to.

It is totally bizarre. Look at the financials, by any measure, we have the resources.

However, if you look simply at transfers in and out you'd be forgiven for thinking this is a club about to go into administration.

Niall_Quinn
18-08-2013, 10:19 PM
I think it's unfortunate to use Diaby in the same breath as Bendtner, Bendtner is a clinical narcissist whose attitude is beyond the pale. Where as Diaby hasn't really done much wrong other than get injured, granted if we were more ruthless we would have got rid of him ages ago. But i suppose Wenger looks at Diaby the same way i look at the watch i got for x-mas three years ago, i have persisted with the watch because it's a wonderful piece of jewelry but it has never worked and even now i am hesistant about giving up on it and getting myself a new one.
There has been times when i can see exactly what Wenger sees in Diaby and i honestly wished he could have stayed injury free long enough to become a solid midfielder for us....but it's not going to happen and to believe otherwise shows poor judgement.

Yeah, get Klopp. Of course we'd have to drug him and kidnap him, but Your Watch and Bendtner can do that seeing as they have fuck all else to do.

Niall_Quinn
18-08-2013, 10:24 PM
It is totally bizarre. Look at the financials, by any measure, we have the resources.

However, if you look simply at transfers in and out you'd be forgiven for thinking this is a club about to go into administration.

It's not at all bizarre if you look at it from the angle of a cold and calculated asset stripping exercise designed to maximise the return on a sale date which was planned for well in advance. They are businessmen, not football men. They identified an undervalued asset.

McNamara That Ghost...
18-08-2013, 10:33 PM
#InWayneGooneyWeTrust

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-08-2013, 10:50 PM
Yeah, get Klopp. Of course we'd have to drug him and kidnap him, but Your Watch and Bendtner can do that seeing as they have fuck all else to do.

My watch is an inanimate object so it could not take any active participation in the kidnapping but Bendtner could always wear it as bling and state that the reason he wears a broken watch is because he is too cool to wear a fully functioning one.....Danish halfwit.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-08-2013, 10:52 PM
Sorry at the risk of replying to my own post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWjjViJzfCU

Niall_Quinn
18-08-2013, 11:07 PM
My watch is an inanimate object so it could not take any active participation in the kidnapping but Bendtner could always wear it as bling and state that the reason he wears a broken watch is because he is too cool to wear a fully functioning one.....Danish halfwit.

Mertesacker is an inanimate object and he's in the first team FFS!

Cripps_orig
18-08-2013, 11:11 PM
Arsenal are believed to be looking at bringing in £25m-rated forward Michu, 27, from Swansea as deals for Liverpool striker Luis Suarez, 26, and Manchester United's 27-year-old centre-forward Wayne Rooney hit problems.
Full story: The Independent

Manchester City, Chelsea and Arsenal are all attempting to bring 17-year-old PSV Eindhoven winger Zakaria Bakkali to the Premier League.
Full story: Daily Express

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says he is working 24 hours a day to sign new players for the Gunners in the transfer window.
Full story: Daily Telegraph

No chance of Michu wanting to take a step down.

Looks like we have identified Oxs replacement, a pub teamer nobody.

Like fuck he does

Cripps_orig
18-08-2013, 11:16 PM

Doubt it. Gazidis was appointed by Wenger and he's merely a yes man

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-08-2013, 11:17 PM
working 24 hours a day?....that would probably explain a lot....mental state completley undermined by sleep deprivation.

Having images of Wenger gliding around his office believing he is a humming bird (ala Apu from the Simpsons)

Niall_Quinn
18-08-2013, 11:18 PM
Michu is decent but it's tough to go from the heights of £40mill (+£1) to a level down which Michu clearly is. Won't be able to carry us on his own like RvP did so this one looks like nothing more than an admission the board has to give at least something back. Better than a trolley item but won't make much of a difference.

Plus I don't see why he'd want to leave a decent gig in Swansea and come to the burnt out remains of an ex-top side who are in sharp decline.

We need another 17 year old kid like we need Wenger - which is not at all.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-08-2013, 11:20 PM
I know Wenger likes to trot out the term of only signing players that are an improvement of what we've already got.....but really if that was actually the case than why would we be going in for Michu?

We would not be getting something we don't already have in Giroud, we need a striker yes...but more than that we need a striker with actual pace....Michu doesn't have that.

Cripps_orig
18-08-2013, 11:21 PM
Michu is decent but it's tough to go from the heights of £40mill (+£1) to a level down which Michu clearly is. Won't be able to carry us on his own like RvP did so this one looks like nothing more than an admission the board has to give at least something back. Better than a trolley item but won't make much of a difference.

Plus I don't see why he'd want to leave a decent gig in Swansea and come to the burnt out remains of an ex-top side who are in sharp decline.

We need another 17 year old kid like we need Wenger - which is not at all.

Can't disagree at all.

I thought Michu did brilliantly last season but he's only had one good season. Do it again and then we'll talk. We made the mistake of getting Giroud after one good season with Montpellier and no need to mention how that turned out. Can't make the same mistake again

Niall_Quinn
18-08-2013, 11:22 PM
He's technical and could play tippy tappy, ideal for Wenger's boring non-football. Wenger could teach him how to avoid shooting at all costs.

Ralpheroo72
19-08-2013, 03:43 AM
close the thread.

:gp:

My sentiments exactly. Wenger would waste the money, and we would then be stuck with a bunch of pubbers on ridiculous contracts.

Cripps_orig
19-08-2013, 05:11 AM
Whilst I can understand not wanting Wenger to spend money cos he'll just buy pub team players, we do need him to spend money on major signings.

More than anything, he needs to get hope back with the Arsenal fans cos we have none and a big signing would give us a desperately needed lift

Thierrymon
19-08-2013, 06:40 AM
http://www.eyefootball.com/news/15274/Arsenal-join-race-to-sign-Salomon-Kalou.html

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has made a surprise bid to sign Lille forward Salomon Kalou. Both West Brom and West Ham thought they had secured the Ivorian's signature earlier in the summer, only for the forward to turn down a move back to England.
The former Chelsea man is supposedly keen to move to the Premier League but is only willing to return if he earns more than his reported 80,000 Euros per week salary. Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is desperate to bring in another forward and has decided Kalou would be a perfect addition to his squad having missed out on Liverpool forward Luis Suarez.

Since joining Lille from Chelsea, the striker has scored 14 goals in 28 games. Kalou has a release clause of around 4.7 million Euros in his contract.

:lol: .......... :ilt:

I'm sure eyefootball is a reputable source.

Marc Overmars
19-08-2013, 07:15 AM
SSN: Everton rejected a joint 28m bid from United for Baines and Fellaini.

Yeah, like they're going to let their most prized players go for 14m each. :lol:

Marc Overmars
19-08-2013, 07:17 AM
http://www.eyefootball.com/news/15274/Arsenal-join-race-to-sign-Salomon-Kalou.html

:lol: .......... :ilt:

I'm sure eyefootball is a reputable source.

I wondered when Kalou was going to be linked again.

Most likely signing of them all tbh.

Xhaka Can’t
19-08-2013, 07:37 AM

Fucking hell! A belated welcome to GW Sir Alex! :bow:

Özim
19-08-2013, 07:55 AM

Yeah, like they're going to let their most prized players go for 14m each. :lol:

Moyes is the new Wenger :lol:

So much for him not rating them though as some have claimed, he's now trying to sign them after all.

Özim
19-08-2013, 07:55 AM
I wondered when Kalou was going to be linked again.

Most likely signing of them all tbh.

He'd better not sign Kalou, the guy is sh*t.

Munchies
19-08-2013, 08:05 AM
£28m :haha:

What are they smoking over there ?

Again, if you're serious about buying players, you'd come in straight with a offer of near £40m , 25 for Afro, and 15 for the Oasis member. This late now, I doubt they'll be mugged off.

If we were serious about Suarez, we would have bid £45m or something

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-08-2013, 08:08 AM
Fucking hell! A belated welcome to GW Sir Alex! :bow:

Aye I just came to see which on of yous cunts kicked me in the knackers in London. Anyway youse are all fucking idiots Diaby is quality. I'm off now, had prawn vindaloo and a wee keg of tennants last night and it's squeaky bum time.

Xhaka Can’t
19-08-2013, 08:15 AM

KSE Comedy Club
19-08-2013, 08:30 AM
So it's looking like we'll end up with kalou and Barry and maybe Richards.

What a fantastic summer :coffee:

Özim
19-08-2013, 08:31 AM

The level of incompetence we've seen this summer is quite astounding, if we end up with dogshite like that I hope they don't expect the fans anger to be pacified!

KSE Comedy Club
19-08-2013, 08:35 AM
Nope

I hope the fans that do attend get medieval on their arses tbh.

Take buckets of their own excrement to games so that they can fling it at wenger at every opportunity

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-08-2013, 08:37 AM
The level of incompetence we've seen this summer is quite astounding, if we end up with dogshite like that I hope they don't expect the fans anger to be pacified!

If we sign Gareth Barry I will self immolate in front of the stadium like a Buddhist monk

Micah Richards id be quite happy to sign

Özim
19-08-2013, 08:39 AM
If we sign Gareth Barry I will self immolate in front of the stadium like a Buddhist monk

Micah Richards id be quite happy to sign

I'd be Ok with Richards.

But what about Kalou, dogshite player we shouldn't even consider looking at.

Grebbo
19-08-2013, 08:41 AM
At this stage I'd be very happy with Richards.

Kalou and Barry are fucking dogshite though, it would be a disgrace if we signed them. QPR is their level not us.

BlindFaith_8
19-08-2013, 08:44 AM
Due to our lack of skills of being able to negotiate and conclude terms with a club for thier player, our inspector clueless manager will now be phoning all the dodgy agents to find players regardless of their quality, this is the pantomine season of alle Wenger who will now be going with cap in hand and begging bowl to 3rd players to join the club, when the muppet had all of pre season to make deals happen with top class players. He so contradicts himself when in a TV interview he said the players has to be of a certain quality to play for Arsenal FC, I don't buy based on quantity!! Who do you think you are kidding Mr Wenger, just take a look at the shite you have brought previosuly. I would much prefer we did not allow this baffoon to blow our transfer money and let him have his final gobshite season and then closed the door behind him and go and get Klopp and give him the money for season 14/15.

Munchies
19-08-2013, 09:17 AM
Fellaini's £22m release clause has expired...

GP
19-08-2013, 09:20 AM

Because no one was willing to pay it. And with good reason.

JonasTC
19-08-2013, 09:41 AM
According to the best game ever (FM ofc) its cuz he has a crazy agent that want messi/cronaldo wages... Must be the only reason no one wants him >_< Cant see why else no one would pay 22m for a beast DM, that is always a threat on corners/freekicks/"end-of-the-game longballs"

McNamara That Ghost...
19-08-2013, 09:44 AM
Keep up of maintaining his perm is probably on the club's costs too.

GP
19-08-2013, 09:48 AM
Q: But going back, is the perception that you are the one who is reluctant to spend while the board want you to spend unfair?

AW: Of course it’s unfair. Why should I resist?

http://highbury-house.com/2013/08/19/wenger-confirms-gazidis-statement-was-true-he-also-influences-how-much-we-pay-for-signings/

Özim
19-08-2013, 09:49 AM

We should have bid before it did, of course we're not interested in spending money so we didn't. He's a beast and would have been a perfect fit, good in the air, physical and scores goals.

Özim
19-08-2013, 09:51 AM
Q: Within this football club, is the set-up that you are the guy who has the final say on transfers? Are you the one who has the final say on how much should be spent on a signing? Are you the guy with final say on the fee?

AW (smiling): I have of course a big influence on that.

Nuff said :coffee:

Grebbo
19-08-2013, 10:20 AM
AW

“Even if you go on the Eiffel Tower and you throw the money away, you have to play with the players you have.”

WTF??

Bergkampwonderland10
19-08-2013, 11:18 AM
Sakho wants to leave PSG. He's quality. Must get

Put in a £20m bid for Baines.

That's 2 spots sorted.

Mert is fine.

Sagna needs to shape up or gtfo.

Yep add begovic and Micah Richards and we've got a defence again!

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2013, 11:48 AM

Moyes the new Wenger?

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2013, 11:50 AM

That's precisely the type of shit I expect we'll sign which is why, unfortunately, it's better to sign nobody and give the next manager a fighting chance. Knowing us we'd give Barry a 5 year deal on £80K or something stupid like that.

Munchies
19-08-2013, 11:59 AM
Does anyone think wenger gazidis and co could be performing a heist on arsenal football club? A master plan of building all this profit over the years then finally fleeing when the club is in a state with all the money to line their pockets, similar to oceans 11 when they are staring at the water fall when Claire de Lun is playing knowing they've made it and the money is safe, with wenger and gazidis replacing George clooney and brad pitt, they turn one by one and head off into the distance and flee to monte carlo and Monaco to live their life piece fully leaving Arsenal football club in complete confusion and dismay

:popcorn:

Munchies
19-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Imagine if SAF returns to manage us ?

:bow:

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2013, 12:01 PM

I think it's all less glamorous in the real world but essentially the idea is the same. It's not a question of thinking this is happening, it's a matter of looking and seeing it happening.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-08-2013, 12:03 PM
In the interview he is purely saying the only reason the fans are restless for signings is because we have been told we have increased spending powers....when that clearly isn't the came....we are restless because unlike the manager we know that the squad isn't good enough anyway and due to injuries and clearing out the dead wood we are practically down to bare bones.....so the guy is essentially accusing us of being spoilt kids.

Just like he defected the blame for the defeat on the referee and the negative attitude of the media!

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2013, 12:05 PM
He's also accusing us of taking the magnificent 3-1 win over city for granted. And I must admit he has a point. Hardly anyone is talking about the multiple trophies we won following that glorious victory.

Grebbo
19-08-2013, 12:10 PM
He's also accusing us of taking the magnificent 3-1 win over city for granted. And I must admit he has a point. Hardly anyone is talking about the multiple trophies we won following that glorious victory.

http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/909x1000/aug_13/zp_25_Walcott-trophy-1_7799.jpg

Munchies
19-08-2013, 12:13 PM
It's no longer even the transfer market but also the way the 'football' is being played under him. Yes the ref was shit, but that team should have beaten Villa at home. The midfield pass the ball to the defense, who pass the ball to midfield who pass it to the defence who pass it to midfield and then pass to Giroud who loses the ball because of a shit first touch.

Players like Higuain, Bernard, Gustavo, could have done so much, but they're not joining us, and it pisses me off as they were available.

It's absolute rubbish now, there's hardly any creativity, and for opponents, we're now really predictable in our play. We've regressed with Wenger, time to go.

Higuain scored last week against Italy, Walcott/Giroud can't even dribble/shoot the ball like that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGzQiI0QTsk

McNamara That Ghost...
19-08-2013, 12:21 PM
SSN saying we've bid for Cabaye. :lol:

Munchies
19-08-2013, 12:24 PM

:dance:

McNamara That Ghost...
19-08-2013, 12:26 PM
24 hours a day has finally yielded some results. :bow:

Munchies
19-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Another crock tbf

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2013, 12:29 PM

I dread to think what sort of shit ends up in the trolley. It's all just a huge embarrassment for the club.

Grebbo
19-08-2013, 12:29 PM
Cabaye

Our scouting network has been hard at work. Good work lads.

Marc Overmars
19-08-2013, 12:30 PM
Wouldn't mind Cabaye, technically sound and a scrote at the same time.

Then again, I wouldn't mind any players at the moment.

Sign him up.

Munchies
19-08-2013, 12:30 PM
Wasn't he injured most of last season ?

A copy of the Arteta signing :lol:

Grebbo
19-08-2013, 12:31 PM
Looking forward to Joe Kinnear's reaction, followed by Pardiola's.

Munchies
19-08-2013, 12:32 PM
Get Tiote not Cabaye

Grebbo
19-08-2013, 12:33 PM
Tiote is utter gash.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Cabaye

Our scouting network has been hard at work. Good work lads.

Hard to find footage from last season's Premier League, you can see why it might take three months.

Munchies
19-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Tiote is utter gash.

Rather have him than Cabaye though

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Rather have neither. After 8 years of skimping it's time to either get the players who can make a difference in or get nobody at all and get the manager and board out. I;d prefer the latter.

Munchies
19-08-2013, 12:36 PM
Arsenal will bid £20m for Paul Pogba Graeme Bailey - SSN

It's happening !

Grebbo
19-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Arsenal will bid £20m for Paul Pogba Graeme Bailey - SSN

It's happening !

Pogba's quality, I'd be happy if we got him.

AKBapologist
:dance:

The bid has already been rejected... Toon will want 20mill.

Munchies
Pogba's quality, I'd be happy if we got him.

Yeah, he's a tank in midfield

Grebbo
19-08-2013, 12:39 PM
C'mon!! It's time to sign some shit!! Let's have it!!

http://j.static-locatetv.com/images/content/3/651624_dales_supermarket_sweep.jpg

Fist of Lehmann
19-08-2013, 12:39 PM
I dread to think what sort of shit ends up in the trolley. It's all just a huge embarrassment for the club.

At least we've got the panic inducing defeat in early.

This time we might be able to linger in the aisles, maybe sniff some of the melons.

Munchies
19-08-2013, 12:40 PM
Doubt Juve will sell him though, why waste time on him.

Grebbo
19-08-2013, 12:41 PM
Doubt Juve will sell him though, why waste time on him.

Don't worry about small details like that.

AKBapologist
19-08-2013, 12:41 PM
Supermarket sweep teim:
https://twitter.com/BBCSporf/status/369413791848480768/photo/1

Munchies
19-08-2013, 12:42 PM
Supermarket sweep teim:

Munchies
19-08-2013, 12:43 PM
Arsenal have also enquired about the availability of Sevilla midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia.

Fuck enquiring, just bid £20m and be done with it

Grebbo
19-08-2013, 12:43 PM
Supermarket sweep teim:

He uses his hands to select the rolls and not the tongs??

Little bit disgusting.

Munchies
19-08-2013, 12:46 PM
Lady Bracewell-Smith appeared to share the frustration of fans that Arsenal’s healthy bank balance has yet to be utilised in the transfer market, with a squad hampered by injuries and lack of reinforcements going down 3-1 at home to Villa.

In tweets later deleted from her account, she claimed her decision to sell her stake in the club to Kroenke in 2011 had been a mistake,

She also called for former chief executive David Dein to return to the club and demanded a greater role for shareholder Alisher Usmanov.

‘What a shame the board recommended a Kroenke takeover and paid Rothchilds 3m fee,’ she wrote.

‘And how deeply I regret selling to Kroenke. Bring David Dein and give Usmanov representation on the board if we are to have success going forward.’

McNamara That Ghost...
19-08-2013, 12:47 PM
Arsenal have also enquired about the availability of Sevilla midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia.

Fuck enquiring, just bid £20m and be done with it

Another one that has third party ownership. Plus, Sevilla sell another player? I doubt it.

Munchies
19-08-2013, 12:49 PM
Another one that has third party ownership. Plus, Sevilla sell another player? I doubt it.

Why didn't we just get Gustavo ffs :(

Power n Glory
19-08-2013, 12:49 PM
The bid has already been rejected... Toon will want 20mill.

We better not go back there with a silly bid! We're going to piss all the money up the wall with panic buys. If we spend over £20 for this guy someone needs to take Wenger to town about not being able to find quality. That's a piss take. What are our scouts doing? Newcastle paid under £5m for this guy!

Grebbo
19-08-2013, 12:50 PM

He has a buy out clause though doesn't he? (Yeah I know but this is a proper Spanish buy out clause not an LFC clause)

£17m gets him as I understand it.

Marc Overmars
19-08-2013, 12:52 PM
2 weeks of proper transfer muppetry starts here. :bow:

Letters
19-08-2013, 12:54 PM
He has a buy out clause though doesn't he? (Yeah I know but this is a proper Spanish buy out clause not an LFC clause)

£17,000,000.01, tbh.

Grebbo
19-08-2013, 12:54 PM
2 weeks of proper transfer muppetry starts here. :bow:

At least it's a bit of entertainment for us. Sure, we'll end up buying shit but who cares.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-08-2013, 12:55 PM

That might release him from the parent club but not neccesarily his third party owner.

I_Killed_Kenny
19-08-2013, 12:55 PM

yep i have seen that since i got corrected that it wasnt 8m. pay the fucking fee. pay jackson martinez fee as well. get mo sakho for about 8m. and i willbe fairly happy

I_Killed_Kenny
19-08-2013, 12:56 PM
by the way, i say no-one should be allowed to open a thread about a potential signing mods! its just a curse! keep all the guff here til its announced!

McNamara That Ghost...
19-08-2013, 12:56 PM
At least it's a bit of entertainment for us. Sure, we'll end up buying shit but who cares.

Exactly. We tried playing with the big boys and get proper quality in but we're incapable of getting it done, so let's just buy any old crap.

What's Lee Trundle doing?

Munchies
19-08-2013, 12:57 PM
by the way, i say no-one should be allowed to open a thread about a potential signing mods! its just a curse! keep all the guff here til its announced!
The person who made the Suarez thread is banned (RIP Dicks and CHicks :rose:)

The Gustavo thread creator, MO, will have his username changed to Cock Nose for a year. :coffee:

Grebbo
19-08-2013, 12:58 PM
Kondogbia only joined Seville a year ago from Lens in a deal worth about £2.5m. WTF are our scouts and Wenger playing at??!! We used to get the best deals from the French league, why aren't we any more??

AKBapologist
19-08-2013, 12:58 PM
The person who made the Suarez thread is banned (RIP Dicks and CHicks :rose:)

The Gustavo thread creator, MO, will have his username changed to Cock Nose for a year. :coffee:

:gp:

McNamara That Ghost...
19-08-2013, 01:15 PM
I suppose with Cabaye our free kick taking ability probably improves by 100%.

BlindFaith_8
19-08-2013, 01:18 PM
Here's where I would look Mr Wenger.

Everton: Fellani & Baines £45 Mill for starters
We have enough dwarfs in central midfield so we dont need another migdet.

AKBapologist
19-08-2013, 01:20 PM
I have information on our transfer strategy:
http://ajmross.tumblr.com/post/58693477022/arsenal-transfer-strategy-2013-14

AKBapologist
19-08-2013, 01:22 PM
Juve won't sell Pogba for anything less than 40mill euros.

AKBapologist
19-08-2013, 01:29 PM
I wonder if we will ever have a bid accepted for anything that isn't' free this summer...

Grebbo
19-08-2013, 01:30 PM
We have until midnight tomorrow to register a player in time for the Champs Lge qualifier

McNamara That Ghost...
19-08-2013, 01:31 PM
The bid for Kebab is being mentioned as £10-12 million (though it's funny how nobody knew anything until an hour ago).

It does sound like Arsenal I guess. :bow:

GP
19-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Rejected, apparently.

Get Kinnear on the blower.

Munchies
19-08-2013, 01:36 PM
I'd have him here in an instant, but he missed a couple of months last season.

I don't see us getting alot of players, so we don't need another sicknote.

Either way, sign him up

Marc Overmars
19-08-2013, 01:37 PM
I think every club is going to just reject our offers, if only to troll us.

Grebbo
19-08-2013, 01:38 PM
£10m-£12m for Cabaye? This is insanity! If you want to buy Newcastle's best player you're going to have to spend more than fucking £12m.

Add the fact that we're a week into the season, Newcastle don't need to sell and we're fucking desperate.... you're looking at more like £20m as an opening offer.

AKBapologist
19-08-2013, 01:40 PM
It's just shocking that it'll cost us more to get cabye than it would have cost to get gustavo. £25 for Michu or £31 for Higuain.... They know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

AKBapologist
19-08-2013, 01:41 PM
I think every club is going to just reject our offers, if only to troll us.

A sure fire way of getting us relegated or wenger sacked. I'd certainly do that if I was in their shoes...

Marc Overmars
19-08-2013, 01:42 PM
I suppose the bid was probably designed to sound out Cabaye, if he knows there's interest he might ask to leave.

Still, 10m is pretty low for a player that is obviously worth more. No wonder every bid we make is rejected, all we seem to do is piss the other clubs off.

Munchies
19-08-2013, 01:43 PM
It's just shocking that it'll cost us more to get cabye than it would have cost to get gustavo. £25 for Michu or £31 for Higuain.... They know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Yeah, spend ages looking at Jovetic, and now he could have been cheaper than Michu :lol:

Luiz Gustavo made his debut in Wolfsburg and won 13 duels against Schalke, a team high, and completed 90% of his 40 passes. Last season only Xavi had a better passing accuracy than the Brazilian in Europe's top leagues.

I_Killed_Kenny
19-08-2013, 01:46 PM
next bid for cabaye is surely going to be 10m and £1

GP
19-08-2013, 01:47 PM
I suppose the bid was probably designed to sound out Cabaye, if he knows there's interest he might ask to leave.

Still, 10m is pretty low for a player that is obviously worth more. No wonder every bid we make is rejected, all we seem to do is piss the other clubs off.

Why should it piss them off?

If they feel the offer is too low just reject it and move on.

AKBapologist
19-08-2013, 01:48 PM
"An escalation of our financial firepower"

Özim
19-08-2013, 01:50 PM
Lady Bracewell-Smith appeared to share the frustration of fans that Arsenal’s healthy bank balance has yet to be utilised in the transfer market, with a squad hampered by injuries and lack of reinforcements going down 3-1 at home to Villa.

In tweets later deleted from her account, she claimed her decision to sell her stake in the club to Kroenke in 2011 had been a mistake,

She also called for former chief executive David Dein to return to the club and demanded a greater role for shareholder Alisher Usmanov.

‘What a shame the board recommended a Kroenke takeover and paid Rothchilds 3m fee,’ she wrote.

‘And how deeply I regret selling to Kroenke. Bring David Dein and give Usmanov representation on the board if we are to have success going forward.’

I think we have our friend PHW to thank for that. What a guy!

BlindFaith_8
19-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Panic buying springs to mind. As usual he has left it too late and will not go begging clubs to let their best players go when the season has already kicked off, leavinga trail of unhappy managers with unhappy players because we make embarssing bids of 10 Million plus 99pence. Just leave it now, it's too late and I would rather the money was spent by our next manager hopefully Klopp.

Munchies
19-08-2013, 01:51 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BR3qPy9CUAEPCxx.jpg

Cunt supports Shitty

JonasTC
19-08-2013, 01:52 PM
Tbh i dont know enough about Cabaye, but do we really need another small creative midfielder? Seems like we have enough of those.

Özim
19-08-2013, 01:53 PM

Yeah we are total and utter tossers in the transfer market, it's pretty clear to anyone when a bid is going to p*ss someone off (like the £1 offer), if you go in for someone's best player and offer them peanuts you'll get their back up and they'll be more intent on keeping hold of him and not selling to you.

If you want to buy a player make a realistic f*cking offer FFS.

Munchies
19-08-2013, 02:00 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BR5tERZCMAAeUEp.jpg:large
Jenks is black , wtf is going on Wenger !

AKBapologist
19-08-2013, 02:04 PM
Tbh i dont know enough about Cabaye, but do we really need another small creative midfielder? Seems like we have enough of those.

We need a player in every position except central attacking midfield.

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2013, 02:41 PM
Supermarket sweep teim:

He's testing their price challenge and making notes on where he can get stuff cheaper.

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2013, 02:43 PM

Nah bitch - the fans needed you at the time, not years after the event. And the hundred mill you got in return for investing nothing will surely soften the blow. But nice try.

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2013, 02:45 PM

I think we should open a thread on Gareth Barry, just to be safe.

GP
19-08-2013, 02:56 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSCUMx0CcAIowd7.jpg

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2013, 03:09 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSCUMx0CcAIowd7.jpg

And Arshavin left him all his vouchers so it was even cheaper. Now that's what I call good business!

BlindFaith_8
19-08-2013, 03:31 PM
FFS Wenger stop screwing around making feeble bids to 2nd rate players. Go to Dortmund and sign these guys for starters:
İlkay Gündoğan
Robert Lewandowski

Özim
19-08-2013, 03:46 PM
From the BBC:

Arsenal have made an offer in the region of £10m for Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye.

The Magpies are yet to formally reject the offer for the 27-year-old France international but they view it as derisory and plan to turn it down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23758350

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
19-08-2013, 03:58 PM
£10m :haha:

Munchies
19-08-2013, 04:02 PM
It's like they're doing these bids to show the fans that they're 'trying' , but its just making them look more like bellends

Özim
19-08-2013, 04:14 PM
Newcastle should make a £10,000,001 offer for Cazorla.

Trouble is the f*ckers will probably accept it :(

AKBapologist
19-08-2013, 04:25 PM
http://www.itv.com/sport/football/update/2013-08-19/arsenal-consider-bid-for-sigthorsson/
Sounds like a bendtner replacement...

Munchies
19-08-2013, 04:30 PM
http://www.itv.com/sport/football/update/2013-08-19/arsenal-consider-bid-for-sigthorsson/

I give up ... :ilt:

Munchies
19-08-2013, 04:37 PM
Former Arsenal captain Stewart Robson believes Arsene Wenger's reluctance to spend money is to avoid being put under additional pressure to win things.

Robson tells BBC Radio 5 live: "One of the reasons Wenger doesn't want to spend money when he does have it I think is because when they finish fourth he can say they are only losing out to the big guns.

"If he goes and spends money, everyone will expect them to win things. If they don't win when they have bought players, he will be under more pressure."

--
Newcastle United value Cabaye at £30m but the player has refused to comment on his future.

Not joining us then :lol: , but a bid of £20m would do it in all seriousness. Just can't see Wenger paying that much.

Grebbo
19-08-2013, 04:39 PM
FFS Wenger stop screwing around making feeble bids to 2nd rate players. Go to Dortmund and sign these guys for starters:
İlkay Gündoğan
Robert Lewandowski

Tbf Dortmund don't need the money and have a better team than we do so I don't know why theyd sell to us nor why any player would join us from them.

Plus Lewandowski has signed a pre-contract with Bayern.

So yeah, other than that let's get em!

Grebbo
19-08-2013, 04:40 PM
So day 1 of Supermarket Sweep and we've had no bids accepted.

Oh we'll there's always tomorrow.

Marc Overmars
19-08-2013, 04:40 PM
Don't think he's worth 30m but making willy nilly bids on various players obviously suggests to clubs we have money to burn, so whatever happens I can see us being rinsed.

Grebbo
19-08-2013, 04:42 PM

He sounds alright as a squad filler.

Industrious and powerful, Sigthorsson is loved by Ajax fans for his energetic and enthusiastic displays

Should sign him just for this reason.

kas
19-08-2013, 04:52 PM
? turned down Wengers - 'Derisory offer' are the words methinks we will be reading in the next 2 weeks....no matter who or what amount!

Japan Shaking All Over
19-08-2013, 05:05 PM
Don't think he's worth 30m but making willy nilly bids on various players obviously suggests to clubs we have money to burn, so whatever happens I can see us being rinsed.

yeah no where near 30 but 10 is a bit low......looks like we are trying to play with the players mind and see what happens......however we tend to forget we are not good at doing that.....in fact we are not very good at doing anything involved in transfer talks

oh yeah......time be ticking

Marc Overmars
19-08-2013, 05:16 PM
yeah no where near 30 but 10 is a bit low......looks like we are trying to play with the players mind and see what happens......however we tend to forget we are not good at doing that.....in fact we are not very good at doing anything involved in transfer talks

oh yeah......time be ticking

We've caved in so many times when clubs have gone after our players and I think we're learning a very harsh lesson now we're on the other side. Hopefully we're more stubborn and resilient in the future when the vultures stop at our door again.

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2013, 05:19 PM
From the BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23758350

Why don't all other clubs just prepare a stock letter that rejects our derisory offer? Then post in advance and we all know where we stand. I think we're getting to the stage where Wenger needs to be taken into care so he can get the help he urgently needs.

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2013, 05:20 PM
We've caved in so many times when clubs have gone after our players and I think we're learning a very harsh lesson now we're on the other side. Hopefully we're more stubborn and resilient in the future when the vultures stop at our door again.

Yes, we will hold out for a little more before selling. But we will always sell.

Shaqiri Is Boss
19-08-2013, 05:22 PM
Arry can't even get Brave Scotty Parker, as Fulham rush in to nab him. :lol:

Things can always be worse...

Grebbo
19-08-2013, 05:39 PM
Arry can't even get Brave Scotty Parker, as Fulham rush in to nab him. :lol:

Things can always be worse...

We're playing Fulham at the weekend....

Brave Scotty will score the winner

:(

GP
19-08-2013, 06:10 PM
Cabaye not playing tonight.

Shaqiri Is Boss
19-08-2013, 06:12 PM
Congratulations on your new signing.

Maybe.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-08-2013, 06:13 PM
we don't sign players anymore but we especially don't seem to sign black players anymore or players over 6ft. Sanogo and Gervinho yes, but they are the odd black tall face amongst dozens of white midgets.

Just saying.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-08-2013, 06:18 PM
Cabaye not playing tonight.

He's on his way! Or he consulted Robbie Savage's list.

selassie
19-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Arsene "Lowball
" FC in full effect, 10mill for Cabaye, lol! Isn't that what Newcastle paid for him a couple of years back? I swear Arsene is trying to piss off as many clubs in the league as possible!!!

This one is dead now as it doesn't meet Arsene's "Valuation" for ze Player!