PDA

View Full Version : Summer Transfer Speculation and Shit

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-08-2013, 01:22 PM
Not a prayer, their mentality is weaker than ours which really is amazing when you consider what a bunch of losers we are.

Sick of the owner, sick of the board, sick of Wenger and sick of half the useless lumps wearing the shirt (the other half of the useless lumps aren't much good either). Jack and Santi can stay but I'm telling the rest of them to fuck off today. They'd better fucking listen too!

At the end of the day, when all is said and done, whichever way you slice it, in all honesty, to be fair, WE HAVEN'T SIGNED ANY FUCKING PLAYERS WHEN WE SUPPOSEDLY HAVE 70MILL SITTING IN THE FUCKING BANK! And we've underbid on every fucker we've chased, what's the fucking thinking there you cunts? Do you cunts think if we cunting underbid for every cunt we cunting go after then the cunts we're trying to buy from will suddenly crack and sell all their cunt players for less than some other cunt team are willing to pay? Well if that's how you think, then guess what you are?

That's right. A bunch of CUNTS.

Okay, so you fuckers won't spend anything because you are tight arse crooks, after 8 years we get it (up the arse). So please change the fucking tactics so the team provides a bit of entertainment on it's way to losing - would you? FFS! Some thing worth fucking watching. Won't cost you anything to do that you cunts.

Fucking shit. This from the club that brought us Henry, Bergkamp, Pires, and the Invincibles.

So respectfully, no, I doubt they'll win the league.

That's quite an outburst...the heat or has Wenger and the board finally made you snap ?

The Emirates Gallactico
21-08-2013, 01:25 PM
Nah Chelsea, United and City have better squads then them and each have a better manager. They won't challenge for the league, I'm confident of that.

Their signings have been good and have improved them but they haven't been title winning signings. Don't think Soldado is better than Giroud and certainly not in the same class as an RVP or Suarez, Paulhino and Capoue are decent but won't win you games when you're 1 - 0 down against Stoke on a cold winter night. Don't know much about Chaldi.

They, along with Pool, have definitely closed the gap to us (top four level) though if not completely overtaken us (remains to be seen). They'll definitely be challenging us again for that spot at the very minimum. We have the advantage of experience to grind out results when it matters and also Wenger who despite some of the views on here and some of the obvious flaws he has, is a good manager capable still great at extracting the near maximum out of any squad of players.

This is assuming they lose Bale mind you, if they keep him then honestly they may have a small shot at it.

Power n Glory
21-08-2013, 01:30 PM
I really don't care what Spurs do.

Niall_Quinn
21-08-2013, 01:31 PM
That's quite an outburst...the heat or has Wenger and the board finally made you snap ?

Forgot my meds.

Niall_Quinn
21-08-2013, 01:33 PM
I really don't care what Spurs do.

I hope they cheer a phantom goal on the last day of the season. Shame we have to play them in a few days though, might be nasty.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-08-2013, 01:34 PM
That statement there is why I'm glad no matter how bad it gets with this club you will never asked to be manager, at least Wenger has the excuse of being mentally ill.
United, City, Chelsea and Spurs wouldn't have him anywhere near the first team so why should we

No, I'm pointing out, Wenger always picks him therefore leaving him out is where the delusion would occur.

Niall_Quinn
21-08-2013, 01:37 PM
How about hiring Dein as a consultant for the next 9 days. Tell him who we want and send him off to get them. He could also persuade Wenger to stop skipping his counselling sessions and shock treatments.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-08-2013, 01:44 PM
No, I'm pointing out, Wenger always picks him therefore leaving him out is where the delusion would occur.

Well signing five players would be delusional if you wanted to analyse the article for being realistic, I'm just saying even though its only Talksport, an ideal Arsenal squad would have Ramsey no where near it

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-08-2013, 01:48 PM
How about hiring Dein as a consultant for the next 9 days. Tell him who we want and send him off to get them. He could also persuade Wenger to stop skipping his counselling sessions and shock treatments.

I think we are looking at Dein through rose tinted glasses, I'm pretty sure Dein was at the club when Wengy chops failed to sign a replacement for Vieira, and when we had players like Cygan, Luhzny, Stepanovs, Jeffers etc in the side

Marc Overmars
21-08-2013, 01:55 PM
It might be the heat, but the Spuds are in with a shout of winning the league this year.

No chance but signing Willian rounds off a very impressive transfer window for them, he'll add the flair they're currently missing.

They have a better squad than us with or without Bale.

Power n Glory
21-08-2013, 01:57 PM
I hope they cheer a phantom goal on the last day of the season. Shame we have to play them in a few days though, might be nasty.

We'll panic buy for sure if that game goes tits up.

Niall_Quinn
21-08-2013, 02:02 PM
I think we are looking at Dein through rose tinted glasses, I'm pretty sure Dein was at the club when Wengy chops failed to sign a replacement for Vieira, and when we had players like Cygan, Luhzny, Stepanovs, Jeffers etc in the side

Was more thinking he's not barking mad so might be able to figure out a way to not underbid and automatically lose the player. If not Dein then how about the guy who went viral for wearing his trousers around his ankles? He's only a little insane.

Niall_Quinn
21-08-2013, 02:02 PM
We'll panic buy for sure if that game goes tits up.

Never underestimate this lot. We could panic sell.

Power n Glory
21-08-2013, 02:13 PM

Dein introduced Stan Kronke. If you have a problem with Stan, you have to question Dein’s judgement. He’s also introduced Usamov. Dein introduced both these characters to Arsenal and I can’t understand why he hasn’t been able to get them to work together, takeover Arsenal and invest in the team.

Marc Overmars
21-08-2013, 02:29 PM
Dein introduced Stan Kronke. If you have a problem with Stan, you have to question Dein’s judgement. He’s also introduced Usamov. Dein introduced both these characters to Arsenal and I can’t understand why he hasn’t been able to get them to work together, takeover Arsenal and invest in the team.

One has no interest in football and is happy to rake in the profit, the other is seemingly another Abramovich in waiting.

GP
21-08-2013, 02:30 PM
One has no interest in football and is happy to rake in the profit, the other is seemingly another Abramovich in waiting.

You mean looking for somewhere to launder his dirty money?

Yeah, no thanks.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-08-2013, 02:36 PM
Some fans are deluded, this fan on Arsenalfan tv goes on about Usmanov being a fan and having a love for us that goes back to the 1980s, the only thing he's had since the 1980s is the same pair of glasses. Dein arguably created the situation by selling his shares to red and white holdings...the likes of fizman, bracewell-smith etc only sold their shares to Kroenke to fend off Usmanov.

Power n Glory
21-08-2013, 02:46 PM

But they seem like complete opposites and I can’t understand why Dein would bring Stan to the table if he had no interest in investing his own money. Or maybe Stan played him and never had any intention of investing. Seems to have fully embraced the Arsene Wenger way of doing things. Which also brings me on to Wenger and Dein’s relationship. If they’re still close, why isn’t Dein giving him feedback on the sorry state the club is in? Why isn’t he encouraging him to spend? Wenger has the ear and support of very powerful people and I just don’t get how he get himself into such a muddle.

Globalgunner
21-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Nah Chelsea, United and City have better squads then them and each have a better manager. They won't challenge for the league, I'm confident of that.

Their signings have been good and have improved them but they haven't been title winning signings. Don't think Soldado is better than Giroud and certainly not in the same class as an RVP or Suarez, Paulhino and Capoue are decent but won't win you games when you're 1 - 0 down against Stoke on a cold winter night. Don't know much about Chaldi.

They, along with Pool, have definitely closed the gap to us (top four level) though if not completely overtaken us (remains to be seen). They'll definitely be challenging us again for that spot at the very minimum. We have the advantage of experience to grind out results when it matters and also Wenger who despite some of the views on here and some of the obvious flaws he has, is a good manager capable still great at extracting the near maximum out of any squad of players.

This is assuming they lose Bale mind you, if they keep him then honestly they may have a small shot at it.

Somebody here still thinks having Wenger as manager has its upsides. Even now!. Quick somebody call the nurse. ....Then, again, there are those who think Ramsey is Zidane incarnate and some who reckon Walcott win someday win the balon d'or.
Allsorts...means more than just licorice.

Munchies
21-08-2013, 03:06 PM
Ramsey was hailed as the next Fabregas here...

Sadly the only thing he does now is run around.

Marc Overmars
21-08-2013, 03:09 PM
Will.I.An having his Sperz medical.

All the Bayul money spent now.

Globalgunner
21-08-2013, 03:22 PM

Don't worry guys let the Spuds have William. We'll sign Fergie instead much better black eyed pea.

Özim
21-08-2013, 03:29 PM
We're just making sure that everyone expensive goes before we start signing players.

Niall_Quinn
21-08-2013, 03:32 PM
We're just making sure that everyone expensive goes before we start signing players.

Probably right. They have worked very hard to avoid signings this time around, you have to admit. They are absolute bastards and obviously don't give a shit about this club.

fakeyank
21-08-2013, 03:36 PM

Wait.. I read a post that says that we wanted to be kept informed about his signing with Sperz.. I wonder if they made the call to inform us but we didnt have credit on our mobile! :lol:

Letters
21-08-2013, 03:39 PM
Wait.. I read a post that says that we wanted to be kept informed about his signing with Sperz.. I wonder if they made the call to inform us but we didnt have credit on our mobile! :lol:
:haha:

Munchies
21-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Apparently we wanted David Villa, offered 20 million Euros, but Barca didn't want to sell in Jan.

Barca , and David Villa himself, were waiitng for another bid from Wenger in the summer.. it didn't come.

He went to Atletico for 2.3 million euros

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8880935/revista-guillem-balague-explains-how-atletico-signed-david-villa-for-23m-euros

GP
21-08-2013, 03:58 PM
Yeah.

It was reported in Jan that we wouldn't bid again in the summer.

Özim
21-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Apparently we wanted David Villa, offered 20 million Euros, but Barca didn't want to sell in Jan.

Barca , and David Villa himself, were waiitng for another bid from Wenger in the summer.. it didn't come.

He went to Atletico for 2.3 million euros

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8880935/revista-guillem-balague-explains-how-atletico-signed-david-villa-for-23m-euros

We looked in Jan realised they were never going to sell him as they were short of strikers and put in a bid. We didn't bid in the summer as we knew he was available and there was a risk we might have to sign him.

Marc Overmars
21-08-2013, 04:06 PM
Why get Villa when you can have Sanogo?

Power n Glory
21-08-2013, 04:08 PM
We looked in Jan realised they were never going to sell him as they were short of strikers and put in a bid. We didn't bid in the summer as we knew he was available and there was a risk we might have to sign him.

Wenger is taking the piss when he says he can't find the quality but manages to find some under 21 crock for free!

Özim
21-08-2013, 04:09 PM
Probably right. They have worked very hard to avoid signings this time around, you have to admit. They are absolute bastards and obviously don't give a shit about this club.

Yup got to agree, we made some carefully considered bids (£1 bid) which we had to make sure wouldn't be accepted and considered every possibility when bidding to ensure there was no chance we actually had to sign the players we bid for.

The guys have certainly earnt their money.

Özim
21-08-2013, 04:09 PM
Wenger is taking the piss when he says he can't find the quality but manages to find some under 21 crock for free!

A super super quality under 21 crock though be fair.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-08-2013, 04:10 PM

When asked about signing Lewandowski he says he remembers a time he could have signed him for 500k, the poor guy is clearly unwell.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-08-2013, 04:14 PM
Listen don't panic we won't be signing anyone.

Munchies
21-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Listen don't panic we won't be signing anyone.

http://i.minus.com/iOiCZywP3M7M1.gif

Globalgunner
21-08-2013, 04:27 PM
When asked about signing Lewandowski he says he remembers a time he could have signed him for 500k, the poor guy is clearly unwell.

Probably didn't sign Lewandowski then because he was still infatuated with Bendtner and RVP was still on the threshold of genius. Wenger! Always the nearly man. I guess Wenger would argue over the cost of his own heart transplant. "I will pay 15, 000 euros. Not a penny more. If you do not agree, I will wait until my neighbour dies. He has promised me his own for free in maybe 10 years from now".

Niall_Quinn
21-08-2013, 05:36 PM
Whoever signs now has no chance. For some bizarre reason the board and manager elevated the fans' expectations to the rafters so who's going to cream when Gareth Fucking Barry arrives?

Master Splinter
21-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Why get Villa when you can have Sanogo?

Exactly right.

Biya is a bigger crock than Postman Yaya.

Master Splinter
21-08-2013, 05:41 PM
Whoever signs now has no chance. For some bizarre reason the board and manager elevated the fans' expectations to the rafters so who's going to cream when Gareth Fucking Barry arrives?

If we actually sign Gareth Barry, I will change my name to Niall_Quinn.

Niall_Quinn
21-08-2013, 05:43 PM
If we actually sign Gareth Barry, I will change my name to Niall_Quinn.

That's okay because I won't be allowed Internet access in prison.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-08-2013, 06:15 PM

Unai Tea
21-08-2013, 06:22 PM
Nice big bitch there

http://i.minus.com/iOiCZywP3M7M1.gif

Cripps_orig
21-08-2013, 06:33 PM
Bought anyone yet?

GP
21-08-2013, 06:41 PM
Nice big bitch there

I've seen bigger.

Munchies
21-08-2013, 06:58 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/08/21/article-2398716-1B64CF4F000005DC-615_636x443.jpg

That's improvement

Cripps_orig
21-08-2013, 07:00 PM
Title contenders IMO.

JonasTC
21-08-2013, 07:37 PM
Naahh... Takes time when you change 9 players. They could hardly beat Crystal Palace and needed a penalty kick to do it.

Cripps_orig
21-08-2013, 07:38 PM
Naahh... Takes time when you change 9 players. They could hardly beat Crystal Palace and needed a penalty kick to do it.
A win away to a promoted side in the first game of the season when Palace are enthusiastic is pretty good

Grebbo
21-08-2013, 08:44 PM
Is it a given that Spurs are signing Lamela? Sky sports said it was one of either Willian or Lamela.

Marc Overmars
21-08-2013, 09:05 PM
So all but assured of CL football and the windfall that comes with it.

Should send the trolley dash speculation into overdrive.

Harland
21-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Mirror and telegraph linking us to Benzema...

would have said yes a few years ago, rather we go all out for Suarez tbh

Grebbo
21-08-2013, 09:59 PM
I've never been impressed with Benzema tbh

GP
21-08-2013, 10:00 PM
Better than no one tbh

Gooner23
21-08-2013, 10:01 PM
Surely that's a non-starter as they've already sold Hig.

I'd take him though if we could do a deal.

Munchies
21-08-2013, 10:05 PM
He's a fatty now and too slow for us.

Reports saying we're making a £40m bid :lol:

Grebbo
21-08-2013, 10:07 PM

They'd probably replace Benzema with Suarez

Harland
21-08-2013, 10:07 PM

Bale and Suarez > Higuain and Benzema

McNamara That Ghost...
21-08-2013, 10:08 PM
Real Madrid do realistically have to sell some of their attacking players. Would be surprised if it was Benzema though.

Munchies
21-08-2013, 10:09 PM
If Real come in with a £55-60m bid for Suarez, I can see him kicking up a massive fuss again, with liverpool accepting their bid.

GP
21-08-2013, 10:10 PM
Man, imagine if we signed Benzema.

We'd have France's best striker. AND Benzema.

Munchies
21-08-2013, 10:11 PM
Man, imagine if we signed Benzema.

We'd have France's best striker. AND Benzema.

Sanogo ? or Big Sexy ? :run:

Grebbo
If Real come in with a £55-60m bid for Suarez, I can see him kicking up a massive fuss again, with liverpool accepting their bid.

Oh yeah, Suarez would be like a rat up a drainpipe.

Japan Shaking All Over
expect to see moreofwhat attacking options RM are trying ooffload to makeweight the Bale transfer....hopefully wecan be linked with one or two - Ben-Z would be a okstart

Munchies
21-08-2013, 10:12 PM
Oh yeah, Suarez would be like a rat up a drainpipe.

Haha yeah, he's just being pacified because no one is coming in with the massive dosh required for him right now.

He's going to go full out on the attack again, if Real come calling

McNamara That Ghost...
21-08-2013, 10:12 PM

:lol:

Real Madrid won't be doing that.

Munchies
21-08-2013, 10:14 PM

Real Madrid won't be doing that.

They always find ways to get the monies from the government :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
21-08-2013, 10:17 PM
They always find ways to get the monies from the government :lol:

Even they have their limits! Until next season.

Özim
21-08-2013, 10:17 PM
Sanogo ? or Big Sexy ? :run:

Well it's not Giroud that's for sure!

McNamara That Ghost...
21-08-2013, 10:26 PM
http://www.gifti.me/i/WXUfOieY.gif

Cripps_orig
21-08-2013, 10:28 PM

Munchies
21-08-2013, 10:29 PM

Lol'd !

That was good :haha:

Niall_Quinn
21-08-2013, 10:34 PM
Better than no one tbh

Yes but only marginally. There are other post offices we can look in for something better.

Cripps_orig
21-08-2013, 10:49 PM
Arsenal are working on deals to sign Real Madrid pair Karim Benzema and Angel di Maria.
The Gunners are prepared to pay £40m for 25-year-old France striker Benzema after missing out on Gonzalo Higuain and Liverpool's Luis Suarez.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is keen to further boost his attacking options with Argentina international Di Maria, 25, who plays on the left wing.
It is understood Wenger is also chasing a goalkeeper and defensive player.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23790314

Hope this happens

Munchies
21-08-2013, 10:50 PM
How is Di Maria ? Haven't seen him that much. Must get either way, we need players in that area.

Cripps_orig
21-08-2013, 10:54 PM
How is Di Maria ? Haven't seen him that much. Must get either way, we need players in that area.

http://z13.invisionfree.com/goonersweb/index.php?showtopic=24142

http://z13.invisionfree.com/goonersweb/index.php?showtopic=22582

2 legends of GW past creating those. Both dead now :rose:

Harland
21-08-2013, 11:10 PM
http://z13.invisionfree.com/goonersweb/index.php?showtopic=24142

http://z13.invisionfree.com/goonersweb/index.php?showtopic=22582

2 legends of GW past creating those. Both dead now :rose:

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger tried to sign Di Maria before he joined Benfica but the deal fell through at the 11th hour.

He added: "I was very excited about joining them but it never happened.

"From what I've been told, the transfer money that was supposed to appear, never appeared."

Some things never change eh

McNamara That Ghost...
21-08-2013, 11:10 PM

Hope this happens

Ornstein. :bow:

Time for Napoli to show interest. :coffee:

Static
21-08-2013, 11:13 PM

Superb!

McNamara That Ghost...
21-08-2013, 11:23 PM
David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 20m

Arsenal working on deals for Real Madrid duo Benzema & Di Maria. Also pursuing GK & defender, could spend £100m: http://bbc.in/19y8O4o #afc
Expand

£100 million? Wenger taking my advice of blowing it all.

Will he follow MS' lead and get in Rob Green? :popcorn:

KSE Comedy Club
21-08-2013, 11:39 PM
I hope to fuck we don't blow £100m on 3 players.

Make it 4-5 and that's more sensible tbh.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-08-2013, 11:44 PM
It would be four on what he says.

GP
21-08-2013, 11:47 PM
Make it happen!

Niall_Quinn
21-08-2013, 11:55 PM

Hope this happens

Di Maria? I'll take him. Get it done.

Benzema? Fuck off, keep him.

Niall_Quinn
22-08-2013, 12:00 AM

Fabulous player. Technical, efficient. You never know when a player comes into the PL but he has enough to give him a good shot at being a success here.

Cripps_orig
22-08-2013, 12:10 AM
Di Maria? I'll take him. Get it done.

Benzema? Fuck off, keep him.

Benzema is better than anyone we have

Niall_Quinn
22-08-2013, 12:12 AM
Benzema is better than anyone we have

Now that Arshavin has gone he's fatter than anyone we have. Apart from that there's not much to recommend him.

International career: Continues to endure an infuriating time with France, with the 25-year-old currently suffering an international goal drought of 1155 minutes

Cripps_orig
22-08-2013, 12:13 AM
Other than the fact he isn't fat, you may be spot on.

Thought you didn't give a shit about internationals?

Niall_Quinn
22-08-2013, 12:15 AM
Other than the fact he isn't fat, you may be spot on.

Thought you didn't give a shit about internationals?

Nor does he, evidently. We don't need another Giroud. We need somebody who can carry the whole team, that's not Benzine. He can't even carry his own weight. I'd rather have Russell Grant playing for us.

Cripps_orig
22-08-2013, 12:17 AM
Nor does he, evidently. We don't need another Giroud. We need somebody who can carry the whole team, that's not Benzine. He can't even carry his own weight. I'd rather have Russell Grant playing for us.

Good enough for the biggest, most successful club in the world but you wouldn't take him here?

He's far better than Giroud. It's not even a contest.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
22-08-2013, 12:17 AM
:popcorn:

Niall_Quinn
22-08-2013, 12:20 AM
Good enough for the biggest, most successful club in the world but you wouldn't take him here?

He's far better than Giroud. It's not even a contest.

Yes, your love of Spanish nancy clubs is legendary, but we're talking about Arsenal now. Proper striker, pace, power, technical ability and not a total wanker, plus doesn't have to buy a new pair of trousers every week because he's so fucking fat. As you can see, Benzema does not qualify.

Cripps_orig
22-08-2013, 12:24 AM
Other than the fact he's not fat, you may be spot on.

I know you have something against players that score goals. Benzema, theo, Henry, Pires, Bergkamp etc but if you'd rather have Giroud than Benzema then you have lost any credibility you had left and it was running low in the first place with your constant blame the board, Wenger is innocent stance all last season

Özim
22-08-2013, 12:33 AM
Can't see Benzema coming, Real have already sold Higuain and basically would have no out and out strikers left (don't consider Ronaldo an out and out striker even if he does play up front a lot of the time).

Di Maria more probable however, both these players would be taking a massive step down coming to us, coming from one of the biggest and most successful sides in the world to a team whose only achievement and aspiration it seems is 4th place.

Wonder whether this is another Suarez pipedream type signing attempt.

Also funny Wenger says we don't need quality but need numbers.

Incidentally Benzema is going through a 1155 minute goalscoring drought with France at the moment.

Niall_Quinn
22-08-2013, 12:36 AM
Other than the fact he's not fat, you may be spot on.

I know you have something against players that score goals. Benzema, theo, Henry, Pires, Bergkamp etc but if you'd rather have Giroud than Benzema then you have lost any credibility you had left and it was running low in the first place with your constant blame the board, Wenger is innocent stance all last season

:lol: Nice try, roping Henry, Pires and Bergkamp in with two sacks of shit in an attempt to gain glory by association. However, I spotted it.

Can I remind you it's YOU that doesn't rate Messi - so the hatred of players who score goals angle ensnares you more than it does me. But you do rate useless fucks like Chamakh. What I mean is you don't, but you do as a wind up. Same as Walcott. I get it, ha ha, but I was really talking to other people.

On the board thing - let me make it clear. Blame the board. This year I blame Wenger for letting the squad evaporate.

Cripps_orig
22-08-2013, 12:41 AM
I've always rated Messi.

Calling him the 2nd best player in the world which he is isn't me rating him? :blink:

I don't make stuff about players like you do to try and convince people. Benzema fat, Theo lucky etc. it's rather sad and pathetic but you're on the WUM cos I doubt even you believe any of the crap you spout about theo. For your sake, I hope you don't

Niall_Quinn
22-08-2013, 12:47 AM
I've always rated Messi.

Calling him the 2nd best player in the world which he is isn't me rating him? :blink:

I don't make stuff about players like you do to try and convince people. Benzema fat, Theo lucky etc. it's rather sad and pathetic but you're on the WUM cos I doubt even you believe any of the crap you spout about theo. For your sake, I hope you don't

Walcott :doh:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
22-08-2013, 12:49 AM
NQ why do you always have to start on the non-whites on here?

racist prick

Cripps_orig
22-08-2013, 12:51 AM
If we're looking for a DM then we should raid Real again for Khedira. He's awesome.

Doubt they'll let him go with Alonso out for a couple of months but they have just bought in some Spanish under 21 pubber from Socieded for big money

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
22-08-2013, 12:54 AM
cheeky bid for alonso? or does wenger still think the best DM in the world is not worth more than £14m?

Niall_Quinn
22-08-2013, 12:55 AM
http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a433/qwerty12343/inpho_106934652_zpsb0d0df2d.jpg

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
22-08-2013, 12:57 AM
http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a433/qwerty12343/inpho_106934652_zpsb0d0df2d.jpg

racist prick

i swer m8 ur gettin it wen i c uz

http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/chav-30187.jpg

Cripps_orig
22-08-2013, 12:58 AM
Just out of curiosity, what striker would you take?

Suarez isn't happening. I believe you don't want Wazza either as he scores goals and as we have seen, you have something against goalscorers.

Time for Bendtner to be back in the first team?

Niall_Quinn
22-08-2013, 12:58 AM
racist prick

i swer m8 ur gettin it wen i c uz

http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/chav-30187.jpg

And everyfink...

Niall_Quinn
22-08-2013, 01:01 AM
Just out of curiosity, what striker would you take?

Suarez isn't happening. I believe you don't want Wazza either as he scores goals and as we have seen, you have something against goalscorers.

Time for Bendtner to be back in the first team?

Higuain - oops, missed that one.

Put in a can't refuse bid for Benteke. He's not the dogs bollocks but he could cause some movement up front, which Giroud can't. We aren't getting any superstars if that's what people are thinking.

Niall_Quinn
22-08-2013, 01:01 AM
If Errikson is still on the market then get him too.

Cripps_orig
22-08-2013, 01:07 AM
Higuain - oops, missed that one.

Put in a can't refuse bid for Benteke. He's not the dogs bollocks but he could cause some movement up front, which Giroud can't. We aren't getting any superstars if that's what people are thinking.

Now you're talking sense. Benteke put in a transfer request, mentioned wanting to play for us so he'd have come but wenger decided to keep faith with Mr no movement instead.

Eriksen is also better than anyone we have in midfield but he has said he wants to go to a club that can challenge domestically and in Europe which counts us out

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
22-08-2013, 01:11 AM
Now you're talking sense. Benteke put in a transfer request, mentioned wanting to play for us so he'd have come but wenger decided to keep faith with Mr no movement instead.

Eriksen is also better than anyone we have in midfield but he has said he wants to go to a club that can challenge domestically and in Europe which counts us out

we dont need benteke. we have giroud.

Niall_Quinn
22-08-2013, 01:15 AM

Nevertheless, let's put our crack transfer team to work! Get it done.
http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a433/qwerty12343/ofotcn_zpsb5f3733b.jpg

Niall_Quinn
22-08-2013, 01:19 AM
Gazidis needs to get tough now and get the job done.

http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a433/qwerty12343/MV5BNTM1OTgzNjMzM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODI1MTMyNA_V1_ SX640_SY431_.jpg

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
22-08-2013, 04:20 AM
Gazidis needs to get tough now and get the job done.

http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a433/qwerty12343/MV5BNTM1OTgzNjMzM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODI1MTMyNA_V1_ SX640_SY431_.jpg

At any rate whatever you think of him I'd say we had more chance of getting Benteke, I think he's genuine quality has strength, pace and an eye for goal in abundance.
As for Di Maria I'd rather have the money spent on a defensive central midfielder and a centre back

Gooner23
22-08-2013, 05:46 AM
Benzema, Di Maria, Cabaye, Sakho and Cesar.... make it happen Wenger

Globalgunner
22-08-2013, 05:57 AM
In other news..Paul Lambert is pissed off by refereeing decisions in the Chelsea-Villa match. Oh the irony....!

Globalgunner
22-08-2013, 06:07 AM
Good news about the supposed bids for Benzema and DiMaria. My only fear is that this may openthe door to United selling Rooney to Chelsea and replacing him with Benzema or Chelsea going for him insteadof Rooney, United, Chelsea or Arsenal.....whom to choose....whom to choose

Seaman's Ponytail
22-08-2013, 06:41 AM
Good news about the supposed bids for Benzema and DiMaria. My only fear is that this may openthe door to United selling Rooney to Chelsea and replacing him with Benzema or Chelsea going for him insteadof Rooney, United, Chelsea or Arsenal.....whom to choose....whom to choose

Well here's Wumger chance then isn't it. Jose has confirmed he won't bid for Rooney again until after the Chelski/Scum match so tie up the deal this week Arsene. I realise that means no dithering so it's asking a lot but i think (hope) he can do it!

Seaman's Ponytail
22-08-2013, 06:58 AM
"The Times claims that Arsenal are ready to bring Mathieu Flamini back to Emirates Stadium, with the midfielder available on a free after leaving AC Milan"

We've all been waiting for that one to appear....and it has an unmistakable ring of truth to it

KSE Comedy Club
22-08-2013, 07:04 AM
Knew it would come up eventually

I_Killed_Kenny
22-08-2013, 07:05 AM
Bringing flamini back shud have already happened. Shud have signed him up as soon as tets got injured. Even if we bought properly he would be a quality squaddie

KSE Comedy Club
22-08-2013, 07:10 AM
Probably why this rumour is bullshit.

We could have signed him up at the end of the season

KSE Comedy Club
22-08-2013, 07:11 AM
Lol, Wayne gooney on twitter still saying that Cesc is signed and that benzema is a decoy for Rooney.

Globalgunner
22-08-2013, 07:22 AM
Lol, Wayne gooney on twitter still saying that Cesc is signed and that benzema is a decoy for Rooney.

That guy never gives up. Just keeps pushing this tripe. Anyways, even a broken clock is right twice a day

JonasTC
22-08-2013, 07:28 AM
Podolski rumoured to Schalke... Didnt look like an Arsenal player yesterday

Munchies
22-08-2013, 07:38 AM

BBC have Benzema/Maria on the front page:

"Quality wise we do not need, but numbers wise we are short," Wenger continued.

"We lost Arteta and Diaby. We are without three international midfielders. We will try and bring one in but we are working on that. What you have to understand is that there is still a long way to go.

"The transfer market really starts now, a lot of activity will happen between now and 2 September. We have 12 days. A lot will happen. It starts now."

:jumpnana:

Munchies
22-08-2013, 07:42 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSPC-cTCcAEkbvW.png

Unai Tea
22-08-2013, 07:42 AM

BBC have Benzema/Maria on the front page:

"Quality wise we do not need, but numbers wise we are short," Wenger continued.

"We lost Arteta and Diaby. We are without three international midfielders. We will try and bring one in but we are working on that. What you have to understand is that there is still a long way to go.

"The transfer market really starts now, a lot of activity will happen between now and 2 September. We have 12 days. A lot will happen. It starts now."

:jumpnana:

Is the waiting period over early this year?

Xhaka Can’t
22-08-2013, 07:46 AM

Nobody did in that kit last night.

Munchies
22-08-2013, 07:47 AM
Even though he's been largely ineffective for us, I'd rather keep him , we're already short in numbers as it is. If we get a replacement, then we should let him go.

Koscielny is Ok
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/08/22/article-2399211-1B67A558000005DC-875_634x518.jpg

Grebbo
22-08-2013, 07:48 AM

I think this would be a good move for us, probably for him to. As long as we replace him of course...

Podolski just isn't mobile enough for the wings and isn't quick enough for a striker plus he's costing us £5m+ per year in wages.

Power n Glory
22-08-2013, 07:50 AM

Pod is on thin ice here but it would be crazy to sell him now when the squad is so depleted. Wenger would prefer to a half fit Santi over Pod. Says a lot.

Xhaka Can’t
22-08-2013, 07:50 AM
Even though he's been largely ineffective for us, I'd rather keep him , we're already short in numbers as it is. If we get a replacement, then we should let him go.

Koscielny is Ok
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/08/22/article-2399211-1B67A558000005DC-875_634x518.jpg

That is a relief

Marc Overmars
22-08-2013, 07:55 AM
I think Podolski is a bit of a spare part here really. I like him but I don't think he's going to be here much longer if Wenger only uses him sparingly.

I really like Di Maria, would love him here.

Cripps_orig
22-08-2013, 07:59 AM
I really like Di Maria, would love him here.

Best natural Argentinian in Spain ATM.

Cripps_orig
22-08-2013, 08:07 AM
Arsenal target Karim Benzema has no intention of leaving Real Madrid and is set to open talks over a new contract in the next few weeks.

Arsene Wenger is under pressure to spend this summer with free transfer Yaya Sanogo the only addition to the Frenchman's squad so far during the window.

As ever, Wenger's compatriot Benzema has been linked with a switch to north London with a striker high on the manager's wish list.

The 25-year-old scored in the 2-1 win against Real Betis on Sunday but was whistled by certain sections of the Madrid faithful during the clash.

Benzema has now moved into the final two years of his contract and his future at the Bernabeu seemed unclear with the interest from England and also AC Milan and Juventus in Italy.

But, according to reports in Spain, the gifted forward has told friends that he has his heart set on staying in Spain.

It is understood that a lucrative new deal is in the offing with talks about an extension set to begin in September.

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/benzema-not-interested-leaving-real-madrid-13082156544#P8O7OvipEtDot63y.99

Didn't even need to make his own thread for that link to die.

Who's next?

Marc Overmars
22-08-2013, 08:28 AM
Best natural Argentinian in Spain ATM.

Pretty much.

The Verminator
22-08-2013, 08:33 AM
Didn't even need to make his own thread for that link to die.

Who's next?

I wouldn't say a sketchy quoteless article by Talk Shit is enough to kill the rumour.

There's time yet for a topic before that happens. ;)

JonasTC
22-08-2013, 08:42 AM
I believe some players that we are after, have been waiting for us to qualify for the CL before they would join us, hopefully with a 3-0 away result, we can convince those players, that we're already in the CL and we can start signing players now instead of next week :)

Özim
22-08-2013, 08:44 AM
I wouldn't say a sketchy quoteless article by Talk Shit is enough to kill the rumour.

There's time yet for a topic before that happens. ;)

Yeah true, but let's look at the facts

1) He's at Real Madrid, arguably the biggest club in the world
2) They generally win stuff
3) They bring the best players in the world in regularly
4) He may well be a regular now with Higuain gone
5) Arsenal haven't won a trophy in 8 years
6) Arsenal haven't made a big signing in 8 years
7) The sum of Arsenal's ambition appears to the outside world to be 4th place

Özim
22-08-2013, 08:45 AM
I believe some players that we are after, have been waiting for us to qualify for the CL before they would join us, hopefully with a 3-0 away result, we can convince those players, that we're already in the CL and we can start signing players now instead of next week :)

Like who, Spurs aren't in the CL and yet have managed to sign up fairly big name players.

selassie
22-08-2013, 08:46 AM
Benzema & Di Maria! Why would they move here? Why would we deal with them again after the Higuain fiasco? I doubt Wenger would offer more than 15mill for either of them.:haha:

LDG
22-08-2013, 08:46 AM
Would love Benzema here. Sadly, I'm all out of optimism on the tranfer front. No point in getting excited about anything, as we'll envitably be dissapointed.

Was lovely to see us win last night though. Really needed that. Ramsey was awelsome.

Grebbo
22-08-2013, 09:05 AM

We all said that to ourselves when we had the last qualifier against Udinese.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
22-08-2013, 09:12 AM
.Was lovely to see us win last night though. Really needed that. Ramsey was awelsome.

Sometimes find it hard to feel any sense of solidarity with Arsenal fans, i mean we are all being put through the wringer by the club and the manager but it doesn't help me feel any sympathy when fans come out with silly things like this.
One good pass in the whole game and he's awesome....the only thing awesome relating to him is that i am in awe of the totality of Wenger's utter mental divergence that would make him believe that he is anywhere near good enough to be in our side.
Don't get me wrong it'd be very easy to make that statement regarding many of our players but with Ramsey....i know Denilson was terrible but i can't think of one player who contributes so much to our downfall in games just by being on the pitch.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
22-08-2013, 09:15 AM
Would love Benzema here. Sadly, I'm all out of optimism on the tranfer front. No point in getting excited about anything, as we'll envitably be dissapointed.

I was going to ask why you would want Benzema here but then it seems a silly question because with what you have said about Ramsey i think it's suffice to say your ability to be able to tell a decent player from a poor one is heavily flawed

LDG
22-08-2013, 09:27 AM
I was going to ask why you would want Benzema here but then it seems a silly question because with what you have said about Ramsey i think it's suffice to say your ability to be able to tell a decent player from a poor one is heavily flawed

:yawn:

JonasTC
22-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Like who, Spurs aren't in the CL and yet have managed to sign up fairly big name players.

Wouldnt call any of them big names and i thinks its a gamble spending that much money on players like that.

Walcott scored more goals last season than Willian did in 6 years in a shit league. Soldado hasnt performed any better than Giroud, and he played in the spanish shit league :s Paulinho has spend a bunch of years in different shit teams/leagues around europe, before he had 3 good years in brasil. I would call all of them a huge gambles and i wouldnt want us to break our transfer record for any of them. those 3 alone cost sp*rs almost 75mil, if Wenger had signed them you would have bashed Wenger even more than u usual do, when they sign for our rivals you call them big names? I think you need your head checked :)

Marc Overmars
22-08-2013, 09:33 AM
Soldado hasn't performed better than Giroud? :unsure:

He's scored something like 100 goals in his last 4 La Liga seasons.

bignev
22-08-2013, 09:43 AM

Shush. Don't be logical. We have to pretend that everything Spurs do is shit even if it's blatantly not:faint:

BlindFaith_8
22-08-2013, 09:49 AM
Here's 3 players I would consider signing as a packgae deal from Benfica:

Luisao
Gaitain
Cardozo

Any thoughts anyone?

JonasTC
22-08-2013, 10:14 AM
Lets be logical then, he has scored 75 in the last 4 seasons, 24(5)/17(1)/18(1)/16(3) in a shit league. ()=penalties scored... Wouldnt call that much better than Giroud :)

GP
22-08-2013, 10:19 AM
Lets be logical then, he has scored 75 in the last 4 seasons, 24/17/18/16 in a shit league... Wouldnt call that much better than Giroud :)

Giroud is a good player, Soldado may well be a good player too. I don't think there's all that much to choose between them and there isn't too much point comparing them.

Özim
22-08-2013, 10:19 AM
Wouldnt call any of them big names and i thinks its a gamble spending that much money on players like that.

Walcott scored more goals last season than Willian did in 6 years in a shit league. Soldado hasnt performed any better than Giroud, and he played in the spanish shit league :s Paulinho has spend a bunch of years in different shit teams/leagues around europe, before he had 3 good years in brasil. I would call all of them a huge gambles and i wouldnt want us to break our transfer record for any of them. those 3 alone cost sp*rs almost 75mil, if Wenger had signed them you would have bashed Wenger even more than u usual do, when they sign for our rivals you call them big names? I think you need your head checked :)

Willian is more about silky skills and creating chances than scoring goals so you can't compare the two.

Soldado scored a hatful last season and has scored a fair few in recent years, not too easy to to in Spain unless you play for the top 2.

Not saying I would have signed them (though Willian is a very good player) but it's a lot better business than we've done that's for sure, we've largely chased after players we're never going to get or underbid for players we could. Last time we had a summer similar to this we signed a lot of sh*t at the end of it so I'm not very hopeful Wenger will sign quality.

bignev
22-08-2013, 10:20 AM
Here's 3 players I would consider signing as a packgae deal from Benfica:

Luisao
Gaitain
Cardozo

Any thoughts anyone?

anyone at this point tbh!

bignev
22-08-2013, 10:20 AM
Willian is more about silky skills and creating chances than scoring goals so you can't compare the two.

Soldado scored a hatful last season and has scored a fair few in recent years, not too easy to to in Spain unless you play for the top 2.

Not saying I would have signed them (though Willian is a very good player) but it's a lot better business than we've done that's for sure, we've largely chased after players we're never going to get or underbid for players we could. Last time we had a summer similar to this we signed a lot of sh*t at the end of it so I'm not very hopeful Wenger will sign quality.

:gp:

Özim
22-08-2013, 10:21 AM
Lets be logical then, he has scored 75 in the last 4 seasons, 24/17/18/16 in a shit league... Wouldnt call that much better than Giroud :)

Sh*t league? It's not me that needs my head checked, the Spanish league is better than the PL.

Marc Overmars
22-08-2013, 10:34 AM
Sh*t league? It's not me that needs my head checked, the Spanish league is better than the PL.

It's also better than Ligue 1 if we're going to take into account the strength of the league for Giroud's performance over the same period.

Munchies
22-08-2013, 10:36 AM
If we had made all of the signings the spuds had made, we'd all be very happy.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
22-08-2013, 10:42 AM
If we had made all of the signings the spuds had made, we'd all be very happy.

on the whole yes but i'd be concerned about the amount we were signing on players....i wouldn't have wanted us to spend £25 on a 28 year old striker who wasn't good enough to make it for Real Madrid....you might mention Higuain but Higuain fell foul of the fact that he wasn't rated by Florentino Perez and there is a big gap in quality between Soldado and Higuain.

Plus Spurs really need defensive cover and they haven't bought a single defender.

You would be pleased that your club was showing so much ambition, but i think there are different areas they could have strengthened...i think 30m on Willian is a waste of money when they could have got Benteke for the same amount or even cheaper.

They are still in dire need of an out and out striker to back up defoe and soldado.....adebayor is a waste of space.

The Emirates Gallactico
22-08-2013, 10:44 AM
Sometimes find it hard to feel any sense of solidarity with Arsenal fans, i mean we are all being put through the wringer by the club and the manager but it doesn't help me feel any sympathy when fans come out with silly things like this.
One good pass in the whole game and he's awesome....the only thing awesome relating to him is that i am in awe of the totality of Wenger's utter mental divergence that would make him believe that he is anywhere near good enough to be in our side.
Don't get me wrong it'd be very easy to make that statement regarding many of our players but with Ramsey....i know Denilson was terrible but i can't think of one player who contributes so much to our downfall in games just by being on the pitch.

Oh come of it. I'm not going to say too much or I'll be accused of point scoring by some but clearly that pass wasn't the only great thing about his performance yesterday. He bossed the game completely, made effective passes throughout, initiated attacks and kept the play flowing for us. Can't remember Denilson ever dominating a game like that for us ever. It looked like the Ramsey everyone thought he would develop into pre that thug Shawcross assaulting him.

Is he the best player ever, better than Cesc and someone who would get into the invincibles first team? Obviously not, but he's far from a problem area that we need to fix at the moment. Your irrational personal hatred towards the guy is ridiculous.

Giroud is a good player, Soldado may well be a good player too. I don't think there's all that much to choose between them and there isn't too much point comparing them.

I agree. But I think Giroud will out score him this year and look like the superior player. He's slightly younger as well.

Can't say much about Wil.I.Am though.

GP
22-08-2013, 10:50 AM
Graham Hunter says Benzema to Arsenal is on.

Marc Overmars
22-08-2013, 10:52 AM

:popcorn:

The Emirates Gallactico
22-08-2013, 10:58 AM
We get Benzema and Suarez goes to RM.

Strengthens us and weakens Liverpool. Perfect.

Edinburgh Gooner
22-08-2013, 10:59 AM

who the fuck is graham hunter? all window we have been hearing that so and so is a done deal etc.

GP
22-08-2013, 11:00 AM
who the fuck is graham hunter? all window we have been hearing that so and so is a done deal etc.

Spain based journo, strong links to the clubs.

JonasTC
22-08-2013, 11:02 AM
RM drops Bale and goes for Suarez instead, we get Benzema, Scum goes bankrupt :pray:

Edinburgh Gooner
22-08-2013, 11:03 AM
Spain based journo, strong links to the clubs.

ah.what does guliemme ballbag have to say about it? thought he was THE man in the know in spain.

GP
22-08-2013, 11:04 AM
ah.what does guliemme ballbag have to say about it? thought he was THE man in the know in spain.

Ballbag is a dick. Knows nothing. Barca mouthpiece, mostly.

Edinburgh Gooner
22-08-2013, 11:05 AM
Ballbag is a dick. Knows nothing. Barca mouthpiece, mostly.

be why he is always on Talkshite lol

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
22-08-2013, 11:06 AM
Oh come of it. I'm not going to say too much or I'll be accused of point scoring by some but clearly that pass wasn't the only great thing about his performance yesterday. He bossed the game completely, made effective passes throughout, initiated attacks and kept the play flowing for us. Can't remember Denilson ever dominating a game like that for us ever. It looked like the Ramsey everyone thought he would develop into pre that thug Shawcross assaulting him.

Is he the best player ever, better than Cesc and someone who would get into the invincibles first team? Obviously not, but he's far from a problem area that we need to fix at the moment. Your irrational personal hatred towards the guy is ridiculous.

Misplaced passes again....poor ball control again......not tracking back on a consistent basis again....lets not kid ourselves if this side had any decent pace in their forward line or any creativity in midfield (Meireles doesn't count) than we would have been trounced. It's not irrational it's seeing how he poisons the midfield, he's not good enough to offer anything in a creative sense other than against dire opposition (and frankly i was surprised about how poor Fenerbahce were) and against Villa at the weekend he left Wilshere with far too much ground to cover by pushing up too high.
To be honest i am actually extremely fair on him, i go out of my way to praise when he's capable of making one decent pass....as i've said before i compare it to when i have gone bowling and managed a strike through my litany of gutter balls.....because i am able to get a strike doesn't make me any good at bowling...and because Ramsey can make one decent pass out of 100 doesn't make him a footballer.

Sorry i didn't read your post all that well forgot to comment on the "not the only great thing about his performance yesterday"...the pass was good not great....the only thing Ramsey could do with his career that would be great would be to retire.

GP
22-08-2013, 11:06 AM
be why he is always on Talkshite lol

Because talksport is shit.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
22-08-2013, 11:08 AM
the difference between Denilson and Ramsey is their passports.....people give Ramsey a chance because he is British.
Actually that's not fair...Denilson had more ability in front of goal as well.

Munchies
22-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Saw a Gareth Bale highlight, I don't know how much luck was involved in most of his goals, but can he do this sort of thing in Spain each week ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHsIzHLctgI

Are their defenders as shit to allow him a free shot on goal all the time?

The Emirates Gallactico
22-08-2013, 11:10 AM
RM drops Bale and goes for Suarez instead, we get Benzema, Scum goes bankrupt :pray:

They're probably financially healthy enough to carry the losses for a season at least. Don't think they'll pull a Portsmouth and go into administration this season if Bale doesn't leave.

Ideally, realising that the scum need to plug their transfer outlay Madrid offer only 40 million on deadline day, 50 million less than the figure being touted, and they have no choice but to accept being desperate for cash. They lose Chimp boy and still be in the black. :pray:

Munchies
22-08-2013, 11:14 AM
Benzema : 125 games, 56 goals

Wasn't Higuain's tally better ?

I_Killed_Kenny
22-08-2013, 11:15 AM

Interesting line from Guillem Balague on Arsenal's reported bid for Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema. (Frederic Hermel is a French sports journalist, by the way)

According to @fredhermel , close to Benzema, Real Madrid have not received an offer for himGuillem Balaguevia twitter on Aug 22, 2013 at 10:21 AM

This is of sky clockwatch thingy

Munchies
22-08-2013, 11:18 AM
Interesting line from Guillem Balague on Arsenal's reported bid for Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema. (Frederic Hermel is a French sports journalist, by the way)

According to @fredhermel , close to Benzema, Real Madrid have not received an offer for himGuillem Balaguevia twitter on Aug 22, 2013 at 10:21 AM

This is of sky clockwatch thingy

Not surprising anymore :lol:

I_Killed_Kenny
22-08-2013, 11:22 AM
nope but i dont know about ballague, sometimes he talks shite and sometimes not. ornstein and hunter say its on. i cant see it myself so its the usual whodunnit scenario at the moment

Marc Overmars
22-08-2013, 11:25 AM
Time for a Benzema thread?

Unai Tea
22-08-2013, 11:27 AM

Yeah, nip this spending money freely shit in the bud

Niall_Quinn
22-08-2013, 11:32 AM

Yes, just in case.

Munchies
22-08-2013, 11:33 AM

Yes, do it :popcorn:

Grebbo
22-08-2013, 11:34 AM
Stan Dogger Collymore's attempt at humour:

Benzema to Arsenal. Typo surely? Must been Ben Zeema, that 19 year old French wonder kid from(insert Ligue 1 team).

It's not funny cos it's true.

:(

Munchies
22-08-2013, 11:39 AM
Nah that cunt can fuck off, we're getting Benzema, for £40m .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON6N6LzMCnM

Is he still this good though?

Edinburgh Gooner
22-08-2013, 11:39 AM

That will just bogey the transfer ala suarez, bernard, gustavo etc.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
22-08-2013, 11:50 AM
to be fair Ballague is probably right we haven't made a bid yet, we need to have discussions with the club and make sure when we bid they are going to reject it...otherwise we could be in the shit.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
22-08-2013, 11:52 AM
i don't think it's fair on us to sign anyone really.....i think once a player get wengeritis it's very difficult to get their career back on track

bignev
22-08-2013, 11:53 AM
Everyone is getting excited about Benzema.

Let me point out two keys facts for you.

1. He is RM's only big name striker now that Higuain has left. RM will not want to sell him.
2. We wouldn't pay 32m for Higuain. Benzema will cost more.

We won't get Benzema.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-08-2013, 12:08 PM
Yet again all facets of the media manage to make a saga in 24 hours over something they hadn't even slightly reported before. :lol:

Munchies
22-08-2013, 12:10 PM

1. He is RM's only big name striker now that Higuain has left. RM will not want to sell him.

We won't get Benzema.
Lets just get the £1 out ...
http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/arsen.gif

Yeah, we're not buying him.

Globalgunner
22-08-2013, 12:12 PM
Benzema and Giroud, two strikers vying for the same spot in the French team.Given Wenger well known poor man management skills, it will only ending tears. Can't see it happening TBH. Live in hope anyways

The Emirates Gallactico
22-08-2013, 12:13 PM

We won't get Benzema.

Football fans dreams will never die!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure about realistic Benzema is but Di Maria should be attainable if as I'm hearing Bale is going to be announced tomorrow. Though we still need a DM and cover for CB.

Honestly if Lars Bender is who Wenger's first choice target is I'd much rather us vastly overpay to get him and be the butt of jokes for a while, instead of shopping around in the bargain basement for someone who's not as good but reflects better value for money.

Munchies
22-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Football fans dreams will never die!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure about realistic Benzema is but Di Maria should be attainable if as I'm hearing Bale is going to be announced tomorrow. Though we still need a DM and cover for CB.

Honestly if Lars Bender is who Wenger's first choice target is I'd much rather us vastly overpay to get him and be the butt of jokes for a while, instead of shopping around in the bargain basement for someone who's not as good but reflects better value for money.

I see what you did there :lol:

Özim
22-08-2013, 12:43 PM
Benzema : 125 games, 56 goals

Wasn't Higuain's tally better ?

Yes Higuain's record was slightly better overall.

Özim
22-08-2013, 12:46 PM
More media BS with Benzema, seriously Madrid have sold a striker and only really have him as an out and out striker, I doubt very much they would sell or that he would make the massive step down.

Plus he's said he wants to stay in Spain and why wouldn't he, he'll be a regular at one of the world's biggest clubs playing with some of the world's best. If he comes here who's he going to be excited to play with Walcott?

This is the new Suarez saga, should last long enough for us to f*ck up this transfer window completely and end up with a few rejects Wenger supposedly think are super super quality.

Marc Overmars
22-08-2013, 12:47 PM
Scott Sinclair off to West Brom.

Mancini. :lol:

Marc Overmars
22-08-2013, 12:48 PM
More media BS with Benzema, seriously Madrid have sold a striker and only really have him as an out and out striker, I doubt very much they would sell or that he would make the massive step down.

Plus he's said he wants to stay in Spain and why wouldn't he, he'll be a regular at one of the world's biggest clubs playing with some of the world's best. If he comes here who's he going to be excited to play with Walcott?

This is the new Suarez saga, should last long enough for us to f*ck up this transfer window completely and end up with a few rejects Wenger supposedly think are super super quality.

They have some kid who they're happy to play and of course Bale coming in.

They're Spanish, they don't need an out and out striker.

Benzema is coming home. I'm going to start a thread to make it official.

Power n Glory
22-08-2013, 12:53 PM

We won't get Benzema.

Real might be making a move for Rooney or Suarez.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
22-08-2013, 12:55 PM

Whilst your there can you create a thread on the other sports page saying about how Australia will post a huge score seeing as none of these threads come to pass in reality

McNamara That Ghost...
22-08-2013, 12:55 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

GP
22-08-2013, 12:56 PM

Make a Di Maria thread too, just to be sure.

Özim
22-08-2013, 01:06 PM

Aren't you suppose to be called Cock Nose after last time :run:

Özim
22-08-2013, 01:08 PM
Can we start a thread about Lars and Sven Bender as well, just call it "The Benders"

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
22-08-2013, 01:13 PM
Can we start a thread about Lars and Sven Bender as well, just call it "The Benders"

Or we can make the thread about you and gay pete

Özim
22-08-2013, 01:13 PM
Or we can make the thread about you and gay pete

Nah that wouldn't work for obvious reasons. We just don't get on.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
22-08-2013, 01:14 PM
Nah that wouldn't work for obvious reasons. We just don't get on.

Well no but the inference in the title thread is still clear

Özim
22-08-2013, 01:18 PM
Well no but the inference in the title thread is still clear

I don't get it.

Özim
22-08-2013, 01:20 PM
Hey just noticed some f*cker has changed my name! Change it back to Arsene Wonga please.

LDG
22-08-2013, 01:39 PM
Hey just noticed some f*cker has changed my name! Change it back to Arsene Wonga please.

It's always been that! :lol:

Özim
22-08-2013, 01:40 PM
It hasn't it was Arsene Wonga, some muppet changed it without my permission, that's out of order tbh.

Niall_Quinn
22-08-2013, 01:41 PM
Make a Di Maria thread too, just to be sure.

No, Di Maria is definitely not coming and we haven't been linked to him. In fact there is no such player as Di Maria. There is absolutely no point making a thread and anyone who does it should be banned.

Özil's Panoramic View
It's always been that! :lol:

this^^^

LDG
It hasn't it was Arsene Wonga, some muppet changed it without my permission, that's out of order tbh.

It's been like that for quite a while, in any case :lol:

GP
22-08-2013, 01:42 PM
Pretty much

Özim
22-08-2013, 01:43 PM
It's been like that for quite a while, in any case :lol:
Maybe but I hadn't noticed, but it was definitely Arsene Wonga.

Bit out of order that someone can change something without asking you though.

Mods please change my name back to Arsene Wonga.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-08-2013, 01:53 PM
We only put the name in as it was requested!

Özim
22-08-2013, 01:55 PM
It use to be Arsene Wonga, at some point someone changed it to Arse n Wonga. I don't know who it was but it was definitely changed.

Thanks for changing it back.

LDG
22-08-2013, 01:55 PM

McNamara That Ghost...
22-08-2013, 01:59 PM
It use to be Arsene Wonga, at some point someone changed it to Arse n Wonga. I don't know who it was but it was definitely changed.

Thanks for changing it back.

No. :lol: I'm fairly sure I was the one to change it and I'm not petty enough to mess about with someone's username without them knowing! If it was Arse n Wonga then it would've been a typo on your part when you asked us to change it back from whatever the username was before.

Özil's Panoramic View
22-08-2013, 02:04 PM
It really never was, tbf to the mods.

I remember seeing the new name and did a :lol:

Özim
22-08-2013, 02:05 PM
No. :lol: I'm fairly sure I was the one to change it and I'm not petty enough to mess about with someones username without them knowing! If it was Arse n Wonga then it would've been a typo on your part when you asked us to change it back from whatever the username was before.

I'm not saying you didn't change it, I'm saying someone else must have changed it after that.

Believe me I wouldn't make a type like that :lol:

Anyway no matter it's fixed now

McNamara That Ghost...
22-08-2013, 02:07 PM
I'm not saying you didn't change it, I'm saying someone else must have changed it after that.

I'm saying, I changed it to Arse n Wonga as that's what I C&P'd from what was requested. Clearly you don't delete your cookies so I guess you're right, it doesn't matter now.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
22-08-2013, 02:29 PM

If its any consolation no one gave a shit

Niall_Quinn
22-08-2013, 03:03 PM
I'm not suggesting anything, just pointing something out. It looks like somebody may have changed your name from Arse n Wonga to Arsene Wonga. Maybe you did it yourself, but if not then I think that's pretty out of order. Nothing surprises me with these mods though.

Özim
22-08-2013, 03:06 PM
I'd like to change my name to Niall_Quwinn please.

Fist of Lehmann
22-08-2013, 03:08 PM
It was better the way it was before tbf.

Özim
22-08-2013, 03:08 PM
It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.

Özim
22-08-2013, 03:10 PM
If its any consolation no one gave a shit

Noone cared who I was till I put on the mask.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
22-08-2013, 03:39 PM
Noone cared who I was till I put on the mask.

Victory has defeated you

KSE Comedy Club
22-08-2013, 04:54 PM
I preferred it as Arse n wonga tbh.

It was funnier

Cripps_orig
22-08-2013, 07:15 PM

Yeah that made me laugh

Asthmatic Kitty
22-08-2013, 07:29 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8883502/chelsea-may-scupper-tottenhams-hopes-of-signing-willian

Master Splinter
22-08-2013, 07:39 PM
Barcelona signing Suarez!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8883581/transfer-news-luis-suarez-joins-barcelona (http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8883581/transfer-news-manchester-city-youngster-denis-suarez-joins-barcelona)

Özim
22-08-2013, 07:47 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8883502/chelsea-may-scupper-tottenhams-hopes-of-signing-willian

Yeah but we've asked to be kept informed, that counts double.

Cripps_orig
22-08-2013, 08:02 PM
Hope Chelsea get Willian.

WMUG
22-08-2013, 08:09 PM
Dearest Daddikins' views on the summer so far:

Also we now see Wenger's strategy for transfers.

1) He bids up Suarez's price beyond what Madrid want to pay- to close that option for them
2) He waits 'til Madrid need the cash-flow to seal the deal they really want anyway, for Bale (they have less in cash reserves than Arsenal and usually do big deals in instalments - but Spurs want cash up-front)
3) he waits for Spurs to sort out their purchases to replace Bale
4) he waits until everyone is convinced we will be in the CL proper
3) He goes for some of Madrid's secondary players (no longer in-play as possible make-weights to Spurs) that will be pushed down the pecking order by Bale, that he has been following for a long time)

Japan Shaking All Over
22-08-2013, 08:15 PM

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8883581/transfer-news-luis-suarez-joins-barcelona (http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8883581/transfer-news-manchester-city-youngster-denis-suarez-joins-barcelona)

http://static4.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/Okay+_c6e8bef57bbf80bd015a32e3862fc689.gif

Japan Shaking All Over
22-08-2013, 08:16 PM
Dearest Daddikins' views on the summer so far:

Also we now see Wenger's strategy for transfers.

1) He bids up Suarez's price beyond what Madrid want to pay- to close that option for them
2) He waits 'til Madrid need the cash-flow to seal the deal they really want anyway, for Bale (they have less in cash reserves than Arsenal and usually do big deals in instalments - but Spurs want cash up-front)
3) he waits for Spurs to sort out their purchases to replace Bale
4) he waits until everyone is convinced we will be in the CL proper
3) He goes for some of Madrid's secondary players (no longer in-play as possible make-weights to Spurs) that will be pushed down the pecking order by Bale, that he has been following for a long time)

wenger knows

GP
22-08-2013, 08:26 PM
wenger knows

lmao no

Edinburgh Gooner
22-08-2013, 08:38 PM
http://justarsenal.com/should-arsenal-pull-out-all-the-stops-to-sign-di-maria/26250

could have come to us before madrid went in for him.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
22-08-2013, 08:54 PM
http://justarsenal.com/should-arsenal-pull-out-all-the-stops-to-sign-di-maria/26250

could have come to us before madrid went in for him.

David Ornstein....he's not the jew we're looking for!

Munchies
22-08-2013, 08:56 PM

That got me

Master Splinter
22-08-2013, 09:12 PM

That got me

Best in the world at what I do.

Özim
22-08-2013, 09:16 PM
Best in the world at what I do.

Bad jokes?

Cripps_orig
22-08-2013, 09:17 PM
Bad impersonations of Wenger?

AKBapologist
22-08-2013, 09:24 PM
wenger knows

https://twitter.com/wengerknowsbest/status/370657036146868224

Munchies
22-08-2013, 09:28 PM
https://twitter.com/wengerknowsbest/status/370657036146868224

:lol: That was good

Edinburgh Gooner
22-08-2013, 09:33 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/22/the-rumour-mill-karim-benzema-arsenal

If Arsenal could sign a new player it would be like signing a new player, and if Abou Diaby were fit it would also be like signing a new player, but in the absence of that redundant cliché, Poor Arsène Wenger has gone for another. At the weekend, he informed us that "we analyse every single player in the world" – just ponder that for a moment – "and work 24 hours a day for that". But things have now changed. On Wednesday night, he taught that "there is still a long way to go", and "the transfer market starts for me now".

Xhaka Can’t
22-08-2013, 09:36 PM
Maybe but I hadn't noticed, but it was definitely Arsene Wonga.

Bit out of order that someone can change something without asking you though.

Mods please change my name back to Arsene Wonga.

I'm a bit late, but I'm pretty sure I changed your name ages ago at your request. No one has changed your name in months. Unless something happened today that I'm unaware of.

Özim
22-08-2013, 09:54 PM
I'm a bit late, but I'm pretty sure I changed your name ages ago at your request. No one has changed your name in months. Unless something happened today that I'm unaware of.

Maccy said he changed my name, someone is wrong somewhere, pretty sure it was Arsene Wonga, but now I'm having doubts as well! No matter it's changed now.

Master Splinter
22-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Bad jokes?

Coming from an expert, that's quite the compliment to call me the best.

Cripps_orig
22-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Should make a film of it tbh